Job Type: 50 hours per week, Full-Time Supervisor: Mr. Jason Roberts Physical Security Specialist for the United States Army Garrison, West Point, NY. Serves as a member of the physical security team responsible for all procedures and guidelines that provide technical information for access control, security operations, and force protection across the installation of 25,000 personnel dispersed over 16,000 acres. Responsible for identifying and mitigating vulnerabilities on West Point, along with providing the installation with accurate and timely information on security incidents across the area. Serves as an alternate inspector, conducting physical security inspections and surveys of all mission essential vulnerable areas and restricted areas on West Point, NY. Participate in construction working groups, which discuss the implementation of physical security and antiterrorism measures for all renovations on the installation. Assists with access control compliance, monitoring, and vetting of installation visitors through the West Point Visitor Control Center.
- Physical Security Specialist at United States Army Garrison Physical Security
- Company Commander at United States Army Garrison Military Police Company
- Operations Officer at United States Army Space Command
- Executive Officer at 118th Military Police Company
4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Business and Organizational Security Management - Business and Organizational Security Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
A Physical Security Specialist has a vast range of responsibilities including: Data entry, team building, team management, project management, presentations to State Department Employees and other affiliates, task management, scheduling,effective communication with spoken and written word, narratives, time management, leadership roles, information security, information dissemination, inter-departmental cross training and coordination, and much more while maintaining a sense of security and providing protection for all. There are various tools and software used when planning, coordinating, and presenting critical mission-orientated information to the State Department.
- Physical Security Specialist at Janus Global Operations
- Security officer at Omniplex World Services Corporation
- Physical security specialist at Triple Canopy
- Security Supervisor at DEFENSOR SECURITY
3 months at this Job
- B.S. Information Technology - Information Technology
· Entrusted as the U.S. Department of State’s operational Construction Security Technician (CST) for the Bureau of Diplomatic Security’s domestic construction security program. · Responsible for providing advice, assistance, and coordination for the installation of physical security countermeasures and surveillance methodologies to help deter and mitigate the introduction of unwanted clandestine device implementation during major construction efforts for ISC Level I-V DoS facilities located domestically. Ensures all assigned secure locations are built in accordance with contractual design specifications and if required in accordance with Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 705. · Provides oversight of physical and technical security upgrades during construction efforts of all assigned projects located at the DoS Harry S Truman (HST) building, Blair House, and other domestic DoS Annexes in accordance with GSA guidelines, HST building standards, the DoS domestic security standards, and ICD 705. · Utilizes exceptional knowledge of the principles, concepts, and theories of construction security, physical security, and project management to provide professional, expert, authoritative advice and guidance on major physical security projects and renovations. · Implements a wide range of physical security policies, procedures, methods and techniques relevant to the protection of personnel, property, and information during the design and construction phase of assigned projects. · Provides assistance with the design and coordination of the installation of physical security devices, systems and equipment on major and minor scale projects. · Researches, analyzes, and evaluates security related information from multiple resources for planning and coordinating security projects. · Plans and prioritizes workflow and positioning of Escorts on multiple projects/tasks while coordinating with the responsible site security manager and physical security specialist to ensure all requirements of construction security specifications, construction security plan, and project budgetary constraints are managed and successfully achieved.
- Physical Security Specialist at NVE, Inc.
- K-9 Officer at U.S. Department of State, Diplomatic Security Service
- Uniformed Protection Officer at U.S. Department of State, Diplomatic Security Service
- Platoon Sergeant (E-5) at U.S. Marine Corps
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Criminal Justice
Serves as the Physical Security Specialist. My duties consist of coordinates, schedules and conducts regulatory Physical Security compliance inspections for seven units over three state region in support of the U.S. Army Reserve Physical Security program in accordance with Army Regulations 190-11, 190-13, 190-51 and U.S. Army Reserve Pamphlet 190-1. Provides support to commands in assigned area of operations a fair, unbiased and accurate picture of the current physical security status of their assigned unit. Assessing the ability of the unit to adequately protect Army property and equipment of identified Mission Essential Vulnerable Areas (MEVA), Arms, Ammunition and Explosive (AA&E) control and storage areas, Military Equipment Parks, Communications Centers, Medical Facilities. Reviews and advises units on necessary updates or changes to their physical security plans, polices and standard operating procedures, that identify vulnerabilities, assess risks to personnel and property, and prescribe appropriate and required antiterrorism and security measures to adequately address the safety and security of U.S. Government personnel and property in Army Reserve facilities. Advisees and assist unit personnel on critical standalone facility emergency action plans which address arming requirements, force protection conditions, antiterrorism measures and training requirements. Prepares and presents comprehensive in-briefs, out-briefs, and formal reports of inspection findings in order to identify best practices and assist units in developing required corrective action plans.
Serves as Operations / Plans NCO for a Combat Support Hospital with three down trace units, which are located throughout the state of Wisconsin and Minnesota with over 650 Soldiers assigned. Assist and advise Intel / Operations Officer and work collaboratively with the Assistant Operations Officer at all levels in the areas of Army Health System, Health Service Support and Force Health Protection; assists Battalion Staff in the military decision-making process to formulate effective Course of Action based on Commander's guidance and intent.
➢ Developed a comprehensive physical security program that improved the passing of the initial inspections.
➢ Created an Access Database that forecast future inspections for all assigned units based on the results of the previous inspection, and tracks all necessary unit information significantly improving the ability to schedule and coordinate.
- Physical Security Specialist at U.S. Army Reserve, 452nd Combat Support Hospital
- Information Technology Specialist / Intel NCO at U.S. Army Reserve, 452nd Combat Support Hospital
- Physical Security Officer / Detachment Sergeant at U.S. Army Reserve, 114th Medical Detachment (MC)
- Physical Security Officer / Training NCO at U.S. Army Reserve, 441st Medical Company (GA)
4 years, 1 month at this Job
24000 Avila Road Laguna Niguel, CA 92677 United States 08/2018 - Present Hours per week: 40 Series: 0080 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 13 Senior Physical Security Specialist (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Plans, develops, coordinates, and implements emergency management and physical security projects characterized by extreme complexity as well as broad in scope to monitor and evaluate various aspects of assigned Program; e.g., risk assessments; compliance reviews; safeguard reviews; new space construction and alterations of current space projects; identification media; access control systems; guard, canine, and maintenance service contracts; Employee Resource Center service requests; security related services or projects procured through GSA or Homeland Security via Security Work Authorization (SWA) or Reimbursable Work Authorization (RWA), security projects for rented facilities, emergency management plans and response to incidents, security findings from GAO/TIGTA/local reviews, etc. Establishes a system to review, control, and report project status and issues to management. Identifies physical security program issues, working with organizations throughout the Service, to develop, adopt, and implement security guidelines to support IRS operations and protect IRS assets. Reviews draft National security policies and standards, makes appropriate recommendations, then distributes and implements approved guidance. Provides expert and authoritative technical interpretations and guidance to executives, management, specialists, and contractors at all levels designed to improve work processes aimed to protect Service personnel, operations, facilities, property and others assets. Performs first responder functions, Incident Management, and other critical operational and emergency planning duties. Incumbent would be required to have access to sensitive and classified security information from various government and law enforcement intelligent sources. Incumbent would be required to participate in classified conferences and meetings, and development of classified documents. Conducts safeguard reviews of state and local agencies that use IRS data to ensure they are in compliance with physical security policies and standards for safeguarding IRS data at their agency. Specialists conduct reviews periodically based on Safeguard's Office review requirements for each state and local agency that use IRS data. Conducts lock box reviews of banks that process federal tax documents with remittances to ensure they are in compliance with physical security policies and standards for safeguarding taxpayer data and remittances. Participates in annual Lockbox Processing Guidelines (LPG) walkthrough; annual lockbox conference and provides security related topics, materials, and suggestions; reviews and responds to physical security related GAO findings; makes physical LPG requirement updates and recommendations; reviews and responds to security waivers; and answers questions and provides recommendations about issues or risks related to personnel or courier. Prepares written report of findings from safeguard reviews and lockbox reviews that include identification of areas requiring corrective actions and recommendations for appropriate security safeguards addressing identified vulnerabilities, threats, and weaknesses. Recommendations reflect resourcefulness in deviating from non-specific guidelines and innovative methods and techniques to resolve very complex and sensitive findings.
- Senior Physical Security Specialist at Internal Revenue Service
- Senior Firearms Instructor/Defensive Tactics/Taser at Federal Protective Service
- Contracting Officer Representative Level at Federal Protective Service
- Inspector at Federal Protective Service
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Criminal Justice
Boston, MA oct 2009 - jun 2012
FEDERAL PROTECTION SERVICES (FPS)
PHYSICAL SECURITY SPECIALIST / LAW ENFORCEMENT SECURITY OFFICER (LESO)
Performed primary law enforcement duties for federal properties in the New England region. Performed comprehensive security evaluations within assigned facilities. Utilized innovative risk management tools and technology to create and establish protective countermeasures. Employed accurate and concise decision-making in squad management, positively affecting overall success and mission accomplishment. Performed hazardous materials preparedness, and managed K9 explosive detection requirements. Provided critical security services and logistical support at high-profile events. Coordinated vital emergency services and disaster response during and after natural disasters. Delivered outstanding guidance to junior personnel through weekly meetings and counseling sessions. Engaged federal facility tenants through crime prevention seminars, surveys and intelligence gathering operations.
• Ensured optimal performance of security procedures, preventing security breaches by monitoring systems at federal facilities.
• Drove the successful installation of entry control and alarm systems, x-ray machines and magnetometer equipment.
• Responded to calls for emergency service and law enforcement needs.
• Detained, arrested, and transported individuals wanted on warrants.
• Received the distinction of Honor Graduate from the Federal Physical Security Course in 2009.
- PHYSICAL SECURITY SPECIALIST / LAW ENFORCEMENT SECURITY OFFICER at US Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- POLICE OFFICER at Pentagon Force protection Agency
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
Manages a region for agency physical security projects, personnel security and infrastructure initiatives.
• Directly responsible for the physical security posture within an assigned region; conducts physical security inspections, risk assessments and design of physical security countermeasures. Represents agency at meetings.
• Reviews construction drawings for agency security projects. Authors Security Scope of Work (SOW's) for physical security project design of CCTV, Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), as a part of an agency Electronic Security System (ESS) physical security program.
• Initiated, reviewed and processed SF-86 submissions via Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP).
• Subject Matter Expert of the application of Army Centralized Contracts & Security (ACCS), Joint Personnel Access System (JPAS), Defense Central index of Investigations (DCII), Industrial Security Facility Database (ISFD), Scattered Castles and other security repositories for processing classified and unclassified administrative actions for user agency personnel; conducts staff assistant visits. Directly interfaced with the Defense Adjudication Activities Facility (DAAF) regarding the status of adjudications of submitted SF-86 packages.
• Utilized security repositories to evaluate clearance disparities, adjudication issues, incident-reporting, and eligibility changes, manages visitor control and a network security program.
• Writes standard operation procedures for personnel security, Reviews Statements of Work (SOW) and facilitated all phases of ICD 705 implementation for Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF's); performs procedural tasks in accordance with other Intelligence Community Directives (ICD's) and local agency requirements.
• Develops criteria, facility security plans, procedures and instructions for storage requirements involving arms and ammunition.
• Reviews proposals for CCTV, Access Control and Intrusion Detection Equipment.
• Drafts written reports, letters for internal and external customers while coordinating agreements with multiple federal and local agencies for physical security/law enforcement support.
• Implemented the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) for Army INSCOM and Navy and Marine Corps Intelligence Commands
• Conducted security briefings/debriefings, indoctrination's; obtain signed non-disclosure agreements, attestations and sends visit authorizations.
• Prepared co-utilization agreement for SCIF's; Reviewed Fixed Facility Checklists, evaluates organizational and legal operating plans to determine eligibility for Facility Security Clearance of contractor companies.
• Utilizes CONCUR for official travel and Web Time and Attendance for timecard submissions.
• Interfaced with the Defense Security Service [DSS] for the implementation of industrial security programs for contractor personnel.
- Physical Security Specialist at U.S. Department of Homeland Security/ICE
- Supervisor/Army - INSCOM at U.S. ARMY
- CONTRACTOR SPECIAL SECURITY OFFICER at CSSO
- SPECIAL SECURITY CLERK-ASSISTANT at ACTIVE DUTY UNITED STATES NAVY
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- MASTERS DEGREE OF PUBLIC POLICY AND ADMINISTRATION - EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE degree - POLITICAL SCIENCE
I provided assistance as a subject matter expert (SME) on physical security, technical countermeasures, security standards, risk management and assessment; I provided consulting support on operational complexities related to physical security systems management and design. I provided consulting support on budget development, implementation and management. I applied knowledge of contract technical, administrative, and quality assurance surveillance areas to ensure contractor performance was fully documented and in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) contractual provisions and other regulatory requirements. I served as a technical expert in pre-solicitation meetings or discussions held concerning requirements for procedural and technical adequacy. I assisted FPS with proposal review and project cost estimation and installation finance management. I provided technical information and support to regional law enforcement security personnel regarding the application of Interagency Security Committee (ISC) standards and industry best practices. I provided consulting support on emerging technologies and security industry standards and best practices. Additionally, I provided consulting support to FPS personnel on high value/critical infrastructure security design projects. I performed project reviews to ensure project budgets and specifications were compatible with existing internal FPS requirements. I assisted executive management with coordination of meeting activities including identifying, resolving, and mitigating program issues, and security technology challenges. I reviewed and recommended modifications to security policies, procedures and standards relative to physical security systems implementation, maintenance, repair and life cycle management. I provided technical input in support of National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP), Sector Specific Plan (SSP), and NPPD/FPS policy and directives related to physical security programs. I provided technical advice to FPS personnel as a functional subject matter expert (SME) for physical security programs and security countermeasure planning and implementation. I advised management officials on physical security related matters and communicated with Federal Protective Services HQ staff regarding physical security policies, guidelines and initiatives.
- Physical Security Specialist/Consultant at Federal Protective Service, Department of Homeland Security
- Sr. Security Engineer at Johnson Controls Inc. Global Security Center of Excellence
- Technical Service Operations Manager at RTS, a Flextronics Company
- Subject Matter Expert-Physical Security at City of Austin
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Diploma - DeVry
- DHS - physical
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT: Provide senior level leadership, technical expertise, and oversight of day-to-day operations for Physical Security Specialist overseeing law enforcement activities and supervision of access control points, which supports more than 1,200 military personnel, DoD employees, and civilians at The Mountain Warfare Training Center (MWTC). Plan and establish overall objectives for the daily operations, analyze Physical Security Specialists assignments and develop current and long-range plans for accomplishment of assigned functions. OPERATIONAL OVERSIGHT: Plan, research, coordinate, and execute comprehensive strategies for the installation security and safety operations, training events, and oversee all structure, planning, and direction. Manage the refinement and upgrade and implementation of changes to the existing security operations, and implement all initiatives and performance management systems to promote efficient operations and orderly delivery of physical security, safety, and traffic control services to achieve acceptable levels and meet all long-range goals. Create and record all standard operating procedures; evaluate and identify strengths and weaknesses of the daily operations and implement corrective actions as needed. INTER/INTRA-AGENCY RELATIONS: Work closely with and liaised with military and civilian community, as well as local authorities, to coordinate a wide range of operational, functional, and public relations issues throughout the installation; serve as an indispensable asset during routine briefings and meetings with higher echelon managers, stakeholders, and policymakers at various levels. Assist and coordinated with fellow military police officers and local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies during large-scale initiatives/investigations involving multiple jurisdictions. STAFF LEADERSHIP: Provide technical expertise, administrative support, training, and guidance to Physical Security Specialists on all operational activities, scheduling, and direction of work assignments; inspect personnel and ensure they had the appropriate equipment, meet appearance standards, and issue specific tasks, job techniques, and written instructions for the daily operations. Maintain status and progress of all staff work assignments and make day-to-day adjustments in accordance with establish procedures; evaluate and support the staff in the performance of their job duties; complete consistent and ongoing performance reviews to ensure employees are productive, accountable, and successful in their positions. ROSTER PREPARATION: Oversee the preparation of the shift manning roster to ensure to facilitate efficiency and improve the organization’s productivity; maintain effective control of all upcoming assignments by coordinating, planning, organizing and executing the daily workflow within the department. Provide briefings and notify higher echelon managers of command and incident notifications, any issues and collect and disperse all appropriate documentation for the daily operations. INCIDENT/EMERGENCY RESPONSE: Initiate all required actions action including the assignment of personnel to correct physical security and law enforcement-related incidents or provide responses to disaster and/or emergency situations. INSPECTION MANAGEMENT: Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct the initial inspection, review and critical analyses of a wide variety of physical security and law enforcement administrative documents, including daily log sheets, situational reports, and basic reports; includes formal and informal memorandums, and weapons logs. ASSET MANAGEMENT: Manage the quality maintenance, accountability, and control of assigned weapons, vehicles, and equipment valued in excess of $1.5M. KNOWLEDGE/AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Assist the Commander in implementing command directives, policies, procedures, and contribute to the exchange of information and best practices to foster additional improvements of specific functional areas and offer insight and strategic input to expedite all installation objectives.
- Physical Security Specialist at United States Marine Corps Police Department
- AUTOMATED FILE CLERK at Department of Homeland Security / Office of the Chief Counsel Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- ASST. OPERATIONS MANAGER / PHYSICAL SECURITY & ANTITERRORISM CHIEF at U.S. Marine Corps, Provost Marshal's Office
- OPERATIONS CHIEF at U.S. Marine Corps, 3d Marine Logistics Company
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice Administration (in progress)
• Perform vulnerability and security assessments to identify inadequate protection systems in established facilities and suggest necessary corrective actions
• Prepare, review and update Fixed Facility Checklist (FFC) and Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Prepare and review documentation for accreditation of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) and Protected Distribution System (PDS) Lines
• Conduct inspections of Protected Distribution System (PDS) Lines to ensure that National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security (NSTISS) standards are accomplished
• Evaluate SCIF construction issues and recommend solutions IAW ICD 705 standards
• Establish and maintain positive professional working relationships with customers, suppliers and co-workers
- Physical Security Specialist at TSCM Security Services
- Construction Site Security Manager (CSSM) at Facchina Global Services
- Security Specialist/Manager at Facchina Global Services
- Armed Uniformed Protection Officer at Inter-Con Security Systems, Incorporated
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Certificate - Security Professional Educational Curriculum
- Diploma - Homeland Security Specialist
- Sheriff Deputy - Police Officer Standards of Training(POST)