Receptionist experience included scheduling patients as well as explaining insurance benefits to new patients. Ensuring sanitation within the entire clinic, this includes the physical therapists rooms as well as up the front desk. These tasks entail wiping down treatment rooms as well as providing clean laundry for the Physical therapists. Physical Therapist Aide experience includes, making sure all treatment rooms are fully stocked with all necessary items, helping the physical therapist with modalities, applying heat and ice to the patient, rooming patients, and helping patients warm up prior to appointment. The clinics environment varies, some days it's very busy others it's slow. I am able to adapt along with the pace of the clinic.
- Receptionist and Physical Therapist Aide at Therapeutic Associates West Eugene Physical Therapy
- Salon Receptionist and Customer Service Representative at Ultimate Exposure
- Sales and Support Generalist at Victoria's Secret
- Supervisor/Manager at Papa Murphys pizza
6 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
- - General Studies
- High School Diploma
Being a physical therapist aide, I was required to know computer basics such as taking co-payments, making folders, and checking patients in to see the therapist. However, my main duties were out on the floor with the therapists themselves. I learned how to create hot and cold packs, retrieve necessary materials to bring the therapists when needed, start patients on machinery such as bikes and treadmills, take patients through their exercises, and know how to read the basics on patient charts such as diagnosis's, exercises and the materials needed for these exercises. Aside from this, I also had basic "household" like duties including cleaning physical equipment and weights, laundry, taking out the garbage, and retrieving coffee for patients. I am currently at this job but looking for more opportunity within healthcare and jobs like it.
- PHYSICAL THERAPIST AIDE at Motion Sports Medicine/ Access Physical Therapy and Wellness
- at DSW SHOE WAREHOUSE
- SALES ASSOCIATE at JCPENNEY CORP
- CAREGIVER at
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
- Bachelor's - Social Sciences/ Pre- Occupational Therapy
• Prepare treatment rooms for patients by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepare patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patients into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
• Provide information to patients by answering questions and requests; allaying fears.
• Help treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; assist patients into whirlpool; help patients onto exercise equipment, monitor motion; track walking time and distance; measure mobility; perform prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
• Educate patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
• Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Provide equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; position equipment for therapist access; position patient on equipment.
• Ensure operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; follow manufacturer's instruction; troubleshoot malfunctions; call for repairs.
• Maintain physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhance physical therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Physical Therapist Aide Skills and Qualifications: Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Verbal Communication, Listening, Coaching, Patient Services, Self-Development, Coordination, Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Supply Management
- Physical Therapist Aide at ADVANCED PHYSICAL MEDICINE and REHABILITATION
- Classroom Aide at SEARCH DAY PROGRAM
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor's - Music
Observe patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress, and report to physical therapist. Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients practicing exercises and functional activities, under direction of the physical therapist. Perform clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms Collected and processed copayments and out-of-pocket charges using InstaMed. Performed all tasks with a patient-centered focus while seeking opportunities for improvement of processes and treatments.
- Physical Therapist Aide at Select Physical Therapy
- Volunteer at Children's Hospital of Orange County
- Volunteer at COPE Health Scholars
- Sales Associate at Nordstrom
10 months at this Job
- Observe patients before, during, and after therapy, noting their status and reporting to a physical therapist - Stimulate patients with electric “shock”/tense unit therapy. - Assist patients with specific exercises as part of the plan of care. - Clean treatment areas, wash laundry, and set up therapy equipment. - Do clerical tasks, such as answering phones, taking payments, and scheduling patients. - Use a variety of techniques, such as massage and stretching, to treat patients. - Assesses abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist's interpretations of patient evaluations and test results. - Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Physical Therapist Aide at North Valley Physical Therapy
- Authorization Specialist at American Home Shield
- Sales Associate/Customer Service at GAP Inc.
- Sales Associate at Maurices
8 months at this Job
- Working on Associates - General Education
- High School Diploma - General Education
• Assists in maintaining all department equipment in safe and proper working order by checking it prior to use.
• Assist Physical Therapist with patients.
• Help patients during their treatments, prepares hot and cold packs.
• Assist the front desk with clerical tasks.
• Keeps the clinic clean.
• Work with a diverse population of ages, genders, and ethnicity.
- PHYSICAL THERAPIST AIDE at CORA PHYSICAL THERAPY
- STUDENT ASSISTANT at HUMAN RESOURCES AT FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY
- INTERN at CORA HEALTH REHABILTION
- TRAINER at FITNESS
9 months at this Job
- - Exercise Science
• Assist patients to dress, undress, and put on and remove supportive devices, such as braces, splints, and slings.
• Developed and maintained inventory of medical forms requiring physician signatures for reimbursement for the rehabilitation department interacting with MDS, NPs or office staffs as needed
• Scanning and uploading therapy forms and orders into the medical records system of the facility.
• Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
• Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients practicing exercises and functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
• Maintain equipment and furniture to keep it in good working condition, including performing the assembly and disassembly of equipment and accessories.
• Observe patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress, and report to physical therapist.
• Perform clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
• Record treatment given and equipment used and physical performance test data
• Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
• Transport patients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support.
• Change linens, such as bed sheets and pillow cases.
• Participate in patient care tasks, such as assisting with passing food trays and feeding residents, and bathing residents on bed rest.
- Physical Therapist Aide at Community Physical Therapy and Associates, Ltd
- at Alexian Rehabilitation Hospital
- CNA/Part time Supervisor at West Suburban Care Center
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Diploma - Architectural Assistantship
• Interpret, organize and execute patient treatment exercises
• Offer constant and complete support to the physical therapist during high patient volume times
• Assist in local experiential marketing events JL7 Soccer Training, Berkeley Heights, NJ
- Physical Therapist Aide at Excel Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Founder, Private Trainer at JL7 Soccer Training
- Intern, Graphics Design at WVU Athletics, Hockey
- Intern, Strategic Partnerships & West Virginia University Ambassador at FanNav Mobile App
6 months at this Job
- Bachelors Degree - Sport Management
* Guided patients in proper exercise form, posture and body mechanics, under the supervision of a physical therapist. * Interacted with patients while guiding and teaching exercises correctly, as well as demonstrating proper use of equipment. * Performed multiple tasks under the pressure of time and maintained a friendly atmosphere and attended to each patients needs efficiently. * Assisted physical therapist to administer various modalities such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, NMES, hot packs, and cold packs. * Maintained patient confidence and protected operations by keeping information confidential. * Maintained safe and clean working environment.
- Physical Therapist Aide at Select Medical Physical Therapy
- at Cambrian Homecare
- Physical Therapist Aide at Littlefield Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapist Aide at Corona Temecula Orthopaedic Associates Physical Therapy
7 months at this Job
- Associates degree in Physical Therapist Assistant - Physical Therapist Assistant
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology - Kinesiology
•Experience as an Physical Therapist Aide in a busy hospital outpatient setting for over ~2 years (>1800 hours)
•Experience with a variety of patients, including: CVA, pediatric, joint replacement, and vehicular accident patients
•Educate proper use of equipment and exercise to patients
•Adhere to professional standard set by the hospital and staff
•Help treat patients by applying heat packs and cold packs
•Sterilize equipment and tools
•Provided quality work ethic to provide a safe and efficient flow of patients
•Over 1800 hours with patients of various complications
- PHYSICAL THERAPIST AIDE at Jersey City Medical Center
- P.R.E.P. COUNSELOR/MENTOR at Athletic Recreation Center, University of the Sciences
- STUDENT MANAGER/ BUILDING MANAGER at Athletic Recreation Center, University of the Sciences
- TEACHER'S ASSISTANT at BIOLOGY & CHEMISTRY
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology - Biology
- - INPATIENT PHYSICAL THERAPIST OBSERVER