Ogden - Job Shadow 16 volunteered hours across all three clinics Layton Physical Therapy, Layton - Physical Therapist Aide June 15 - September 17
- Layton Physical Therapy, Layton - Physical Therapist Aide at Body Tune, Sundance, and Total Rehab
- Bus Boy at Timbermine, Ogden
2 years, 3 months at this Job
• Worked alongside physical therapist to provide the best experience possible for patients
• Demonstrated ability to adapt, multi-task, and pay attention to detail in a fast-paced clinic
• Demonstrated proper knowledge of the exercises assigned by the physical therapist
- Physical Therapist Aide at Coast Physical Therapy & Sports Clinic
- PT Job Shadow at Enloe Rehabilitation Center
- Camp Counselor at Ability First Sports
- Public Relations Officer at Pre-Physical Therapy Society
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Physical Therapy Program
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences - Psychology
- - Generel Education
Multitasking and managing time efficiently and effectively, Communicating with Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistants to provide exercises, home exercise programs, and answer questions patients might have. Being proficient with everyday task like folding laundry, cleaning treatment tables, providing hot/cold or any other modalities for patient, and answering phone calls when front office is busy. I am able to efficiently handle working with 4 treating clinicians in a 10 hour work day while staying on top of my daily tasks and taking their patient through exercise when required and providing them with correct modalities at the end of their session.
- PHYSICAL THERAPIST AIDE at PROACTIVE ORTHOPEDIC AND SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY
- CASHIER at SAFEWAY
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Clinical Physiology
- AA - General Studies, Transfer
-Aids in the treatment, care, and safety of patients consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and the company’s standards of practice -Assist the primary therapist in the treatment of patients of all ages -Performs administrative and clerical duties, including taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering phones, scheduling, and assisting patients with paperwork
- Physical Therapist Aide at Pivot Physical Therapy
- State Attorney Angela Alsobrook's Campaign for County Executive, Intern at
- Certified Medication Technician at Comprehensive Residential Systems Inc
- Intern at Embassy of the Republic of Sierra Leone
3 months at this Job
- BA in Political Science - International Relations
Responsibilities included receiving patients and performing the specific initial setup as determined by the Physical Therapist as well as ensuring the safety and comfort of multiple patients. Adapted Therapeutic Exercise Coursework - 2016 Responsibilities included implementing adapted therapeutic exercise for an elderly client who suffered from a stroke. The coursework was located at the Brown Center of Achievement at California State University, Northridge. This experience allowed me to apply my knowledge of biomechanics and exercise physiology.
- Physical Therapist Aide at Pacific Therapy Services & Dynamic Physical Therapy
- Program worker at L.A.'s Best After School Enrichment Program
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Kinesiology
- Associate in Arts - General Studies
• Guided patients through corrective exercises
• PERFORMED MODALITIES SUCH AS: ICE, HEAT, COMPRESSION, IFC, TENS, NMES, ULTRASOUND, AND PARAFIN
• SENT AT HOME EXERCISES TO PATIENTS
• WORK UNDER SUPERVISION OF A LICENSED PHYSICAL THERAPIST
• HANDLED PATIENT FLOWSHEETS
- Physical Therapist Aide at In Motion Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapist Aide Internship/Training at In Motion Physical Therapy
- at Whittier College
- Hostess at Makawao Steakhouse
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Kinesiology
Mineola NY. August 2008 to present. Perform job duties under the supervision of a Physical Therapist. Team player. Staff support Exceptional customer service skills. Janitorial and Housekeeping duties. Kings Food Supermarkets. Garden City NY. From October 28 to Present. Janitor and Maintenance. Customer Service and team support.
- Physical Therapist Aide at Central Island Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Hospitality,warehouse,customer service,janitor and maintenance,porter etc. at
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- Diploma in Science
- - Massage Therapist
- - Front desk,guess service,cashier,bell man and lobby attendant
• South Ogden Post-Acute- acute care, long term care, Balance/general weakness, Dementia, Orthostatic Hypertension, Isolation precautions, Total Hip.
• Stonehenge of Orem- Acute care, Dementia, Total Hip, Total Knee, Isolation precautions, Cardio and Pulmonary conditions, general weakness, Home Health Care.
• Restoration PT- Outpatient care, Concussion, Balance/Vertigo, Vestibular disturbances, general weakness, Shoulder, Low Back Pain, Knee Rehabilitation. Mountain Land Physical Therapy, Layton, UT (August 2013 - August 2018)
• Physical Therapist Aide- Out Patient Clinic
- Physical Therapist Aide- Out Patient Clinic at Clinical Rotations
- Physical Therapist Aide at Performance West Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapist Pool Aide at Performance West Physical Therapy
- at Performance West Physical Therapy
5 years at this Job
- - Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- Bachelors of Science degree - Athletic Therapy
- Associate of Science degree
Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
● Observe patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress, and report to physical therapist.
● Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients practicing exercises and functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
● Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment. Vantage Physical Therapy, Johnstown, Pa./Nanty Glo, Pa.
● Implemented patient plan of care (POC) under direction of the Physical Therapist
● Provided appropriate treatments per POC including modalities (ultrasound, electrical stimulation, thermal modalities, whirlpool, iontophoresis, traction), and manual techniques (passive range of motion, stretching, massage, stabilization techniques)
● Assisted and progressed patients through their exercise program related to a specific diagnosis including orthopedic surgeries, back pain, and sprains/strains
● Assessed vital signs including blood pressure, pulse rate, and breathing rate
● Provided guidance and assistance to patients with neurological motor skill deficits related to specific diagnoses including Parkinson's disease and vestibular ailments related to inner ear problems (BPPV). Educated and assisted patients with balance training, specific exercises directed at decreasing symptoms of inner ear dysfunction
● Educated/worked with patients on gait training, strengthening, functional activities, therapeutic exercise, and specific disorders including Parkinson's disease
● Educated patients on home exercise programs (HEP)
● Documented treatments and dictated note for patient file
● Clinical experience totaled 120 hours Achievement Rehabilitation/Performance, Inverness, Fl.
● Implemented patient plan of care (POC) under direction of the Physical Therapist
● Utilized during patient treatment sessions including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, phonophoresis, traction (cervical and lumbar), hot and cold packs, and myofascial release
● Performed manual stretching to musculature
● Performed PROM and AAROM to patients with various conditions related to surgery and injury
● Worked with patients diagnosed with Parkinson's, Muscular Dystrophy and Multiple Sclerosis, Etc.
● Completed documentation based on patient performance during therapy sessions
● Worked with pediatric patient that ranged from 1-2 months-17 years of age.
● Implemented many creative therapeutic play activities for successful treatment outcomes
● Clinical experience totaled 250 hours. UPMC Altoona Hospital, Altoona, Pa.
● Treated patients in conjunction with occupational therapist
● Monitored patient vital signs including blood pressure, pulse oximetry, and pulse
● Ensured proper contact precautions were enforced
● Administered active assisted and passive range of motion on bed-ridden patients and those rehabilitating from surgery or injury
● Monitored weight bearing status for patients recovering from joint replacements (knee & hip)
● Ensured patient documentation was completed in a timely manner
● Worked closely with nursing staff and physical therapist to ensure patient ability for treatment
● Assisted nursing with various patient tasks
● Assisted physical therapist assistant in teaching the Joint AdVentures class for patients who recently underwent joint replacements
● Clinical experience totaled 250 hours
- Physical Therapist Aide at Mile-Level Physical Therapy
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Physical Therapist Assistant
SCORE Physical Therapy (Middlebury, CT) (Physical Therapist Aide) - provided hot or cold packs on different parts of the body as needed. - provided ultrasounds on different parts of the body as needed. - provided electrical stimulation on different parts of the body as needed. - helped patients with different exercises and routines. - kept up with paperwork and phone calls as needed. - assisted the Physical Therapist however I can. - managed and led the other therapist aides.
- Physical Therapist Aide at SCORE
- Pharmacy Technician at Rite Aid, CVS
at this Job
- - X-ray Tech
- Phlebotomy Certification - Phlebotomy
- Pharm Tech Certification - Pharmacy