As a Pipeline Controller for True Oil Company I worked in the control center and used various SCADA systems to control the operation of several crude oil pipelines.
• Direct the overall safe and efficient movement of crude oil products, with strict adherence to Federal regulations as well as company standards, through a mainline that starts in Northern Montana and ends in Southern Wyoming.
• Duties begin with the initial custody transfer and end when the product/crude is safely and efficiently delivered via pipeline to the Shipper's final destination.
• Direct, control and monitor the delivery and change of product at remote locations utilizing computer controlled field equipment.
• Start and start pumps based on pipeline delivery schedule.
• Monitor tank inventories, meter counts, line pressures, temperatures and gravity of product.
• Align proper valves based on tank inventory, crude being shipped and maintenance needs of the system.
• Recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions, take appropriate action and notify field personnel.
• Utilize continuous discretion to initiate changes of pump and delivery schedules to maintain overall delivery schedule, product quality, safe operating conditions and a cost-efficient operation.
• Take hourly meter readings and document in spreadsheets for tracking of crude batches and deliveries.
• Submit daily reports on deliveries and tank inventories. These are a few of the responsibilities related to my position. I left when my wife was promoted in her job and we were relocated to Seattle, WA
- Pipeline Controller at True Oil
- Owner/Operator at MSC Strand LLC
- Terminal Operator and then Maintenance Technician after promotion at Kinder Morgan
- Pipeline Controller at True Oil Companies/ Belle Forche Pipeline Co
11 months at this Job
Controlled, oversaw, and ensured the efficient, timely, and accurate daily movement of Refined Products in the Philadelphia District which is over 600 miles of Refined Products pipeline. Continually utilized SCADA data and displays to monitor pressure, temperature, flow rate, gravity, volume, batch tracking, and energy usage while developing and sustaining methods during power curtailment to ensure optimal flow rates and accuracy. Developed positive and sustaining business relationships with clients, coworkers, management, and field operations personnel. Worked with others to support the safe and efficient operations of pipelines and personally trained and/or supported the training efforts trainees and junior workers. Helped coordinate field operations and maintenance activities. Communicated with scheduling and marketing groups to ensure proper delivery of product batches.
- Pipeline Controller at Energy Transfer Partners
- Pipeline Controller/Shift Supervisor at Genesis Energy LP
- Assistant Service Manager at HEB
8 months at this Job
• Monitor and control pipeline pressure and flow with the use of SCADA
• React and respond to changing pipeline conditions due to normal, abnormal and emergency conditions
• React in a timely manner to abort or correct actions that could be unsafe to the operation of the pipeline
• Dispatch field personnel as needed for scheduled and unscheduled repairs
• Monitor and control maintenance and construction activities
• Prepare and submit reports regarding normal, abnormal and emergency pipeline operating conditions
• Work a non-traditional, 12-hour rotational shift
• Work unscheduled overtime as needed
- Pipeline Controller at DCP Midstream
- Gas System Controller at Xcel Energy
- Senior Controller at Colonial Pipeline Company
- Associate Operator at
2 months at this Job
- - Computer Science Studies
- - Computer Science Studies
- - Electronic Computer Technology Studies
• Monitor pipelines at remote location for anomalies in pressure and potential leak detection.
• Investigate “out of the norm” readings in SCADA system
• Build PI sheets to discover any potential hazards for leak detection
• Communicate with field personal
- Pipeline Controller at Plains All American Pipeline
- Administrative Assistant at Around the Clock Fitness
- Curriculum Educator at Wilson & Wilson Medal of Honor Middle School
- Sales Representative at Lithia Honda
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Arts of Economics BA
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology Specializing in Sports - Sports & Exercise Science
• Communicate and work with field technicians on company pipeline systems to ensure the crude oil flows in a safe, efficient, compliant and economic manner
• Respond to emergency and/or Abnormal Operating Conditions (AOC's) on pipelines by properly communicating with the field and customers and properly logging all related activities using internal communication forms per Control Room Management (CRM) protocol.
• Respond to Texas 811 locate request tickets and coordinate with field personnel to mitigate any possible emergency situations, spills, leaks, or near misses.
• Communicate any critical pipeline activities to field operators, commercial groups, and management personnel
• Work with commercial team, field operators, and 3rd party customers to ensure daily and monthly nominations are met.
• Operate and monitor crude pipelines, truck stations, tanks, LACTs, valves, and positive displacement/centrifugal pumps for flow rates, pressures, temperatures, and density using SCADA software
• Monitor product receipts and deliveries, tank levels, BSW, and pipeline power and communications
• Document all pipeline activities and operating conditions that occur during a shift into the Sharepoint software and communicate those activities to the incoming crude controller for safe and fluid transfer of operations.
• Participate and coordinate in-site verification point to point with field technicians and technical support.
• Communicate daily with producers, shippers, and control centers of connecting carrier systems to coordinate flow rates of batches, emergency shut downs, and facility maintenance.
• Pull pipeline trend activity when requested by customers regarding previous flow, pressures and tank levels.
• Assist with preemptive audit record maintenance and other company projects as needed.
• Work 12 hour DuPont schedule that utilizes a floating "Utility" operator to cover shifts when necessary and can be on call 24/7 for emergencies.
- Crude Pipeline Controller at American Midstream Partners, LP
- First Student at First Group of America
- Weekend Manager at Dewey's Pizza
- Line Cook at Dewey's Pizza
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Diploma - Auto-Diesel Technology
- High School Diploma
SCADA system operator, responsible for the integrity of companies pipeline systems and tank farms. Track and monitor hourly and daily crude oil volumes to support the safe and efficient midstream operations. Coordinate with field operations to schedule routine maintenance to safeguard the longevity of the pipeline system while mitigating pipeline operation interruptions.
- PIPELINE CONTROLLER at HARVEST MIDSTREAM CO
- PIPELINE CONTROLLER at PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE
- FIREFIGHTER at ROSEPINE FIRE DEPARTMENT
- TEAM LEADER at JOINT TERMINAL ATTACK CONTROLER, THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
8 months at this Job
- B.A. - OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS
- Associate - INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
Responsible for pumping schedules and safe pipeline operations, dot classification same as train engineer, pipelines refined products, Mandan ND to debuque IA. Salaried supervisor with overtime. Was part of consolidation of 11 control centers to one at Tulsa, started as maintenance crew laborer rose to salaried management in 2 years. Bottom to top in 2 years. Held every position at amoco pipeline company. Was injured in 1990 on a pipeline construction in Minnesota.
- Pipeline controller/dispatcher at Bp amoco, pipeline division
- Pipeline controller bp amoco tulsa ok at
28 years, 11 months at this Job
- High school - Construction
- High school or equivalent
Northern/Midwest Districts, Consoles 2 and 3 Midwest district / Northern district states: Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota Pipeline Controller (Level I) Northern/Midwest Districts, Console 3 Midwest district / Northern district states: Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin Responsibilities of Operations Control as a qualified (Level I and Senior Level II) controller are to facilitate pipeline movements of crude oil, refined petroleum, and natural gas products (NGLs) efficiently through the pipeline system with principal regard for public life, field personnel safety, environment, company assets, and government regulations. Daily operations and responsibilities include: − Continuous checkup throughout shift in regard to line fill and over/short status. − The daily startup and shutdown of pipeline systems while monitoring pressures, hydraulics, and line changes during line transitions. − Maintain current up to date knowledge of control room management (CRM) policies in regard to the industry standards as well as PHMSA regulations. − Implementing and completing Northern/Midwest pipeline pumping schedules from our scheduling department. − Constantly monitoring SCADA and leak detection through our Leakwarn program and pipeline monitoring program (PLM). − Quickly identifying and responding to potential mainline ruptures to minimize product loss if the situation arises. − Confidently communicating with site field personnel, sheduling, and third-party customers on a daily basis to coordinate the correct product movements, handle product grade changes, and respond to emergency conditions when necessary. Member of the Operations Control Advisory Team (OCAT) The overall meeting discussions of the OCAT group members are to achieve group insight, questions, suggestions and answers that will lead to sustained operational excellence by creating, maintaining and continuously improving employee safety, physical asset safety, and a better control room work environment.
- Senior Lead Pipeline Controller (Level II) at Magellan Midstream, LP
- Terminal Operator - Level II at Magellan Midstream, LP
- Pipeline Controller at
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management
• Monitor information from SCADA.
• Respond to and document abnormal operating conditions.
• Monitor pipeline pressures and flow rates.
• Communicate with field operations personnel.
• Remotely control pipelines.
• Train new controllers.
- Liquid Pipeline Controller at American Midstream Partners, LP
- Liquid Pipeline Controller at MV Purchasing
- Liquid Pipeline Controller at JP Energy
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Automotive Technology
710 s Richard James Ave, Ok Conduct general housekeeping of units, including wiping up oil spills and performing general cleaning duties. Clamp seals around valves to secure tanks. Inspect pipelines, tightening connections and lubricating valves as necessary. Collect product samples by turning bleeder valves, or by lowering containers into tanks to obtain oil samples. Maintain and repair equipment, or report malfunctioning equipment to supervisors so that repairs can be scheduled. Coordinate shutdowns and major projects. Plan movement of products through lines to processing, storage, and shipping units, utilizing knowledge of system interconnections and capacities. Verify that incoming and outgoing products are moving through the correct meters, and that meters are working properly.
- Pipeline Controller at Railserve Inc
- Lead Transloader at Watco Companies
- merchandise on hand at Hiland Dairy foods
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma