Foreman - Piping Superintendent (4/2007 - Present) Project Managers - Jimmy Burns, Victor Porter, Jack O'Brien, Phillip Breaux, Jeremy Grace, Jimmy Burns LEAD SAFETY SUPERVISOR - Holly Refining & Marketing Corporation (Tulsa) Contracted as a Lead Safety Supervisor, responsible for the safety of 208 employees, the supervision of 1 to 3 safety technicians, conducting on site inclusive safety meetings 2 to 3 times a week, preparing and submitting safety audit reports. LEAD SAFETY - Flint Hills Resources (Corpus), Bayer Material Science, Exxon Mobil, (Baytown) Contracted as a Safety Specialist, was responsible for safety compliance during multiple sites with confined space entry and with oxygen deficient atmospheres. These projects were part of an: emergency, scheduled plant or plant wide shut down for scheduled maintenance and repair. Responsibility consists of ensuring contractors health and safety plan and compliance were met and performing safety audits and corrective actions. The project usually involved several contractors specializing in electrical, civil, piping, building, welding, excavations, and painting, pressure testing. Training and assessed foreman's execution and methodology, ensured that employee safety was job one. Confirmed all required permits were in place prior to the start of the day's work activities to ensure proper safety rules and regulations were in place before the task was assigned. Conducted daily inspections of all tools and equipment for good repair and safe operational use. Ensured that pertinent TSA's/ JSA's were reviewed at the morning TSA/JSA meetings including that the foremen's know the location of assembly and meeting points, and that TSA's were filled at the workface with a commitment to capturing and mitigating all potential hazards.
- Foreman - Piping Superintendent at Piping General
- Piping Foreman at SWS
- safety, or customer through the Discipline Superintendent at SAFETY CHAMPION
- Piping General Foreman at Timec Co
11 years, 11 months at this Job
BP West Nile Delta Project
Gas Development Project
Idku, Alexandria, Arab Republic of Egypt
Position: Piping Superintendent (Nightshift)
Inclusive Date: July 22, 2017 up to present Job Duties:
• Establishing, promoting and maintaining a safe and hazard free working environment. Formulates and develops safety policies and procedures with the help of the HSE Manager.
• Conducting a daily "Tool Box Talk" to all workers of the subcontractor before engaging work every shift and play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Ensure that the safety, quality and environment requirements of the working locations and/or fabrication shop, are strictly followed.
• Ensure all work is carried out safely, befitting the high standards of Bechtel.
• Support subcontractor's field engineer and supervisors on conducting the daily toolbox meeting, lead by example and demonstrate that safety is our personal core value.
• Ensure that the safety management programs on departments safety objectives are strictly followed and action is taken against defaulters to prevent recurrence.
• Ensure that all work is carried out to the required quality in the best possible manner and within the guidelines of industry's best engineering practices. Lead by example and demonstrate that the quality is a personal core value.
• Stop processes if they do not meet specified requirements, raise occurrences report, develop corrective and preventive action and ensure that rework is carried out to customer satisfactory.
• Frequently assess the subcontractors for their work and quality standards for them meeting the project specifications.
• Supervise the subcontractors for timely and accurate work execution. Ensure that all the work activities get completed as per the quality norms and as per project specifications.
• Prepare the three weeks look ahead schedule report with the subcontractors that needs to be submitted to the Planning department for review and inputs to draw up the final execution plan for the Piping Department, ensure plans are proper executed and completed as per schedule.
• Plan and execute piping projects to ensure maximum productivity while keeping an optimum level of quality.
• Took on engineering role, ensuring alignment between engineering and field construction.
• Plan for the deployment and redeployment of resources for timely completion of work as has been planned for the Piping Department.
• Support subcontractors in planning and strategize for work plan for the Piping Department based on the overall project execution plan and strategy.
• Responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operations, scheduling and technical support.
• Consults with other functions employees on the proper integration and requirements for timely completion of work as planned.
• Support subcontractor's piping department on distributing manpower on each and every work.
• Conducting a walk down during the shift before work begin to ensure all piping activities are turned over to the subcontractor's nightshift crew.
• Received daily turnover activities from dayshift Bechtel superintendents and ensure to include in the daily work plan of the subcontractor as per priorities and participate on the daily turnover and/or plan of the day meeting with both Bechtel and Subcontractors.
• Coordinate with Bechtel project field engineers and superintendents and other trades, ensuring smooth workflow on projects.
• Coordinate with procurement department and warehouse for the material availability on site as per priorities.
• Conduct frequent audits and document the outcomes to verify that the enough efforts have been put in the areas of safety, quality and productivity.
• Motivate, direct, align and guide the team for best performance and provide continuous appraisal and feedback.
• Empower subordinates and provide apt tools and techniques including process improvement suggestions and follow up on implementation.
• Identify training requirements for subordinates and provide suitable training and guidance.
• Take ownership of success or failure of the individual projects and resort to corrective measure to avoid recurrence in future.
• Represent the discipline for frequent review and update meetings with the client to attend to any concerns and also to give an update on the development of work as scheduled.
• Responsible for determining appropriate supplies and stock levels are maintained to meet
• functional targets, both within cost restraints and consistent with suppliers lead times.
• Support subcontractors on performing pipe pressure testing both pneumatic and hydrostatic test on systems to ensure they will function under the designed pressures and temperature. Making sure that all safety and quality requirements are provided and followed.
• Took on engineering role on pipe cleanliness and pipe pressure test inspections to support Bechtel engineering team.
• Making daily progress report to ensure that all completed activities are reported properly by subcontractors and submit to Area managers and include dayshift Bechtel Superintendents.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by department head. Carry out any other duties as required by the supervisor. 2.1 Bechtel International Inc. Angola LNG Project
- Piping Superintendent (Nightshift) at Bechtel International Inc
- Piping Supervisor at Soyo, Angola, West Africa
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of science
Turn/Arounds, PIPE Fabrication/Installation, Worked on Setting Equipment/ Structural/ Tieing/Connecting & Heavy Equipment Operation. Commissioning & Pre Commissioning Engineering.
- Piping Superintendent at J V PIPING
7 months at this Job
- Some college
Achieved milestones without any lost time injuries.
● Delegated / Monitored all Utility Racks, Elevated & Ground Flare Piping System Installation; per IFC drawings, generated and sequenced IWP's packages per WBS scope.
● Managed piping erection, fits, weld-out and supports per NDE requirements for propane, lube oil, flare lines, fuel gas, nitrogen, plant air, Co2 systems, potable water and gas seal systems.
● Assisted with designing schedule inclusive of planning up to three weeks in advance, expediting material. Coordinated with other departments to meet employee safety, project milestones and ensure safe completion of the BPEX (Beaumont Polyethylene Expansion) project.
- Piping Superintendent at Zachry Industrial at ExxonMobil
- Construction Project Superintendent at Chevron Phillips Chemical
- Subcontractor Project Coordinator at Lauren Engineering & Constructors at HollyFrontier Refinery
- Piping/ Mechanical Superintendent at Lauren Engineering & Constructors at CF Industries
2 years at this Job
- Associate of Science - Construction Management (online)
- Journeyman - Project Management
- Certificate - Essentials of Project Management
- Certification - OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety and Health
Coordinated, scheduled, and supervised work executed by craft personnel within Brown and Root Industrial Turnaround project.
• Monitored construction activities to ensure quality and safety standards were adhered to while achieving maximum work efficiency.
• Planned work activities ensuring that isometric drawings, p&id's, equipment, and materials were available to execute project in a timely manner.
• Ensured that work crews were knowledgeable of work procedures and specifications.
• Supervised performance of hydro-testing, piping installation in pipe racks.
• Planned and established work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet project goals, as well as organized production operations and activities with other departments.
• Evaluated safety procedures and regulations and executed disciplinary actions.
• Oversaw system fabrications, installations and layouts for specifications.
• Ensured uniform hardware purchasing and standardization of materials for system specifications.
• Incorporated field foreman's daily reports into the labor and equipment coordination and progress achievement assessment.
• Maintain and updated data, such as timeline progress, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports and weekly updates.
• Directly support project and construction management with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for all construction activities
- Piping Superintendent at Ohmstead Industrial Services
- Piping Superintendent at Brown and Root Industrial Services
- Piping General Foreman at SPECIALTY WELDING AND TURNAROUNDS
- Piping General Foreman at BROADSPECTRUM
at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Monitored construction activities to ensure quality, and safety standards were adhered to while achieving maximum work efficiency.
• Planned work activities ensuring that isometric drawing, P&ID's, equipment, and materials were available to execute project in a timely manner.
• Ensure that work crews were knowledgeable of work procedures, and specifications.
• Prepared three week look ahead, and updated weekly
• Supervised performance of hydro-testing, piping installation in pipe racks as well as underground.
- Lead Piping Superintendent at Tellepsen Industrial
- Lead Piping Superintendent at Cameron LNG
- Piping Superintendent for Hydrostatic Testing and Restoration activities at Exxon Mobile Ethylene Plant
- Piping General Foreman at Bechtel Oil, Gas & Chemicals
4 months at this Job
- - Metallurgy
- Piping Superintendent at Ohmstede Industrial Services
- Project Manager at JVI
- Project Manager at Will Bros Downstream
- Supt / Project Manager at Const
4 years, 5 months at this Job
Delegated / Monitored all Utility Racks, Elevated & Ground Flare Piping System Installation; per IFC drawings, generated IWP`s packages per WBS scope, Isometric IFC Drawings, and NDE Requirements for propane, lube oil, flare lines, fuel gas, nitrogen, plant air, Co2 systems, potable water and gas seal systems. Assisted with designing schedule inclusive of planning up to three weeks in advance, expediting material. Coordinated with other departments to meet employee safety , project milestones and ensure safe completion of the BPEX (Beaumont PolyethyleneExpansion) project
- PIPING SUPERINTENDENT at Zachry Industrial at Exxon Mobile
- DEPUTY CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER at Strategic Contract Resources at Chevron Phillips
- SUBCONTRACTOR COORDINATOR at Lauren Engineering & Constructors at HollyFrontier Refinery
- PIPE/MECH SUPERINTENDENT at Lauren Engineering & Constructors at CF Industries
2 years at this Job
- Associate of Science - Construction Management
- Certificate - Essentials of Project Management
- Building Trades Journeyman Apprenticrship Program - Pipefitting, Welding, Plumbing, Rigging
- High school - General Studies
Continuously inspected job sites to ensure that all safety protocols were strictly observed by staff and subcontractors.
• Complied a daily field report, which detailed all key activities and project progress for stakeholders.
• Handled all scheduling and subcontractors and staff to ensure that projects would be completed within required timeframes.
• Implemented changes requested by designers, owners or inspectors.
• Provided accurate measurements and estimates for all projects.
• Followed company procedures to maintain work environment in a neat and orderly condition. Used schematic diagrams to plan work.
• Collaborated with other contractors to ensure smooth work flow and efficient organization operations.
• Prompted shop safety by working in a safe manner.
• Managed team of 1 - 20 personnel focused on providing expert detailing services to general contractors.
• Maintained positive relationships with all customers.
• Accurately read, understood and carried out written instructions.
• Conducted hydrostatic water testing.
• Loaded and unloaded building materials used for construction.
• Reviewed plans from architects and consulted with clients to gain a deep understanding or project plan and objectives.
• Tracked income, labor and expenses via excel spreadsheets, and generated weekly reports.
• Accurately estimated time and materials cost for projects.
• Kept site work safe and in line with budget, schedule and applicable building codes.
• Dug trenches, backfilled holes and compacted earth to prepare for new construction.
- Piping Superintendent at Plumbing
- Project Superintendent at HPS Plumbing Services
2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Turn around at Exxon refinery in charge of offsides, installed new flare tip along with new piping, also over the chub,Uleb,FCC cat, installed piping,trim,hydros,restore.
- Piping Superintendent at AECOM
- General Manager at Chugach Federal Solutions Inc
- Piping Superintendent at AECOM
- Foreman at John E Green
at this Job