Borden dairy of kentucky - London, KY 2016 - Present $165 million dairy business, producing and distributing high quality dairy products to Mass Marketers, Grocery Stores, Convenience Stores, Food Service Companies, and Industrial Use customers. Plant Controller Administer all Finance Department activities including Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting, External Audit, etc. Supervise financial statement preparation, insuring accurate and timely reporting of operating results in compliance with GAAP. Provide financial leadership to executive team in all aspects of their management activities.
- Plant Controller at BORDEN DAIRY OF KENTUCKY
- Plant Controller at Malinckrodt Baker, Inc
- Chief Financial Officer at Alan White Company
- Chief Financial Officer at Mephisto, Inc
3 years at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
10M-$40M Revenue, 100 Employees, Turbine Manufacturer)
• Performed all plant controller duties, managed all accounting functions & corporate reporting requirements, consolidated financial statements, managed the budget process, developed cash management strategies, & forecasted plant operations.
• Managed cost accounting, prepared annual standards reviews, performed production cost reviews, reviewed production variances, purchase price variances, production yield variances, and scrap and rework costs.
• Developed cost structures for new products, reviewed bills of material, and analyzed the impact of economic order quantity on product costs.
• Monitored inventory levels by developing strategic inventory plans, and presented optimal inventory usage plans to engineering and operations.
• Reviewed spending, submitted cost reduction recommendations, and implemented action plans with department directors.
• Supervised annual physical inventories, developed obsolete inventory reporting policies, and presented results to management for 2 manufacturing plants.
• Negotiated and Reviewed all Business Insurance Policies, Payroll Service Contracts, Benefits Packages, and Retirement Plans.
• Supervised ERP conversion, annual audit, prepared corporate tax package, and research and development schedules.
- Plant Controller at Flex-energy Energy Systems Inc
- Controller at Charles George Trucking Inc
- Manager of Accounting & Analysis at Ingersoll Rand Energy Systems Inc
- Accounting Manager at Color Kinetics Inc
10 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Accounting/Finance
- Bachelors - Business Administration
Analyzed and provided monthly closing results to the EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) Business Director, which included monitoring the monthly EPS business operating income and reporting monthly specific figures to the Group. Coached plant directors in cost management. Advised Marketing Product Managers for new products' launches on the market based on my cost-benefit analysis.
• Calculated production costs in SAP (standard cost model valuation).
• Built the EPS Business Budget presentation and implemented figures in SAP.
• Led the production costs optimization project (SPRINT project), resulting in identifying a $1.7m potential gain by stopping the production of less profitable articles.
• Supervised a junior controller.
- Plant Controller at SAINT-GOBAIN GROUP
- at SAINT-GOBAIN GROUP
- Head of Internal Control at SAINT-GOBAIN GROUP
- International Financial Controller at SAINT-GOBAIN GROUP
1 year at this Job
- Master's Degree - (M.A.), ESC Tours
Greencastle, IN 10/14 to present Manufacturer of hard plastic injection mold parts and assemblies for automotive industry with $240m in annual sales, 700 employees Assistant Plant Controller, Cost Accountant Finance support role, substitute Plant Controller; process daily P&L metrics, month end P&L processing, annual budget and monthly forecast, special projects, SOX audits, product costing, variance analysis, annual standard cost development, substitute union payroll processor; QAD, Hyperion, Kronos, AS400 software being utilized; reporting to Plant Controller
- Assistant Plant Controller, Cost Accountant at IAC-NA
- Interim Plant Controller for commercial steering at ZF-TRW Automotive
- at ZF-TRW Automotive
- Senior Cost Accountant, Assistant to Controller for commercial steering at ZF-TRW Automotive
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Arts in Accounting - Accounting
As Plant Controller I am the business support person to the Manufacturing finance director and the Plant controllers facilitating during month end close, consolidating recommendations, support development of annual operating plans and monthly forecast and variance analysis.
• Owned month end activities, journal entries, accruals, variance analysis, analyzed and review the general ledger, hence improvement of financial reporting.
• Budgeting, Plants forecasting, Key Indicators (KPI) and financial reporting to plant on weekly and Monthly
• Review and approve monthly, quarterly accounts reconciliation per corporate
• Supported P&L trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management for strategic forecast
- Plant Controller at Sika Corporation
- Plant Controller at Corning Specialty Products
- Assistant Controller at ORTHORDOX
- Sr. Financial Analyst at FORD MOTOR COMPANY
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance / Operations Management
- BS - Chemistry
Enter new part numbers Run Balance sheet daily for 2 plants Run Weekly inventory report for 2 plants Run Weekly Absorption report for 1 plant Code requisitions to correct departments Assist the Plant Controller in any areas when needed
- Asst to Plant Controller at Accounting Principles
- Accounts Receivable Clerk at Robert Half
- Accounts Receivable Clerk at 1st Commercial Realty
- Payroll Clerk at Delta Hospice of California
6 months at this Job
- BS - Accounting
Manage accounting functions for manufacturing plant generating annual sales in excess of $120 million. Accountability extends to analyzing cost variances for materials, labor and overhead and identifying root cause of variance and making recommendations to eliminate the variance. Supervisor of 5 people who duties include production reporting, materials planning and warehouse and shipping. Responsibilities include but not limited to month end close and analysis, weekly forecasting and annual budget preparation. Balance sheet responsibilities include managing inventory reserve for slow moving and obsolete material. Preparation and approval of capital request. ERP and Bom audits and maintenance. Selected Contributions: Created detailed spreadsheets for department heads and supervisors which allowed them to better analyze OT and overhead spending and make better decisions in these areas. Created detailed spreadsheet to analyze Std cost variances by line. Plant has improved its standard cost variances by $2,000,000 vs prior year through contributions from various plant personnel with the assistance of the controller who provided data and recommendations for improvement.
- Plant Controller at Boral Stone
- Plant Controller at Scotsman-Ice Systems
- Cost Accountant at Tower Automotive
- Cost Accountant at Bridgewater Interiors
3 years at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
In the Capital Controller role: Consolidated monthly results and prepared financial analysis/reports of global CapEx spending (over $1 bln). Drove a process improvements related to ongoing capital reporting processes to include: monthly actual results, quarterly forecast, annual budget, long range plan and quarterly capital review. Coordinated work of capital coordinators across US and EU plants (11 people). Coordinated an approval process for capital projects over $5M, including a preparation and presentation of supporting data to CEO and CFO. Involved in development of capital expenditures documentation for a Board of Directors.
Consolidated monthly results and prepared financial analysis/reports of global Engineering spending. Responsible for the budget preparation and quarterly forecast of Global Engineering spending over $0.5M.
In the Plant Controller role: Supported month end close activities for one of the Bioscience manufacturing plant (R&D) through overseeing accounting entries, preparing accounts reconciliations, analyzing variances, preparing month-end reports to a plant manager. Supported the operational activities of the plant on a daily basis, including preparation of estimation for required investments and cash flow forecasting. Maintained a strong business control environment. Maintained financial policies and procedures. Participated in a standard cost process.
• Key business resource for an implementation of a new capital system
- Global Operation support/Plant Controller at BAXTER/BAXALTA
- Accounting Manager (Contract) at AMGEN INC
- Manager at PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS
- Senior Associate at PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Law
- Master's - Accounting and Audit
Operate the plant machines Plant plugs Make trays Send out orders Water Clean green houses
- Plant Controller at Alexander plant farm
- Chicken packer at Sanderson Farms, Inc.
3 months at this Job
- High school
- High school or equivalent
Lead and manage the accounting team at the plant and manage all accounting functions - these include cattle payables, invoicing, budgets, expense reporting, inventory reconciliation, weekly P&L reporting and variance analysis, capital spending and payback analysis, as well as other numerous daily, weekly and monthly management reports. Complete monthly, quarterly and annual financials and associated requirements accurately and timely. Ensure the plant is compliant in all SOX controls. Provide financial expertise to the general manager and plant management team - provide insights into profitability. Collaborate with cross functional departments to problem solve and establish procedures and action plans to achieve targeted results. Close activities including journal entries through SAP.
- Assistant Plant Controller at JBS Tolleson Beef Plant
- Accounting Supervisor at JBS Tolleson Beef Plant
- Paraprofessional Agriculture at Agua Fria Union School District
- California Milk Advisory Board member at Genske, Mulder, & Co., LLC
3 months at this Job
- Masters of Professional Accounting - anticipation
- B.S. - Agriculture Business