Job Summary: Oversee all plant operations including materials, labor and OH in relation to manufacturing products that meet or exceed our customer’s expectations. Support and lead ACH operations personnel in achieving our goals and objectives related to quality, safety, plant efficiency and overall continual improvement of ACH operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Communicate goals and objectives through the ACH team at the plants and maintain culture for continual improvement.
· Direct supervisors using both oral and written communication, scheduling meetings when necessary. Set short term and long term goals and objectives giving clear expectations.
· Actively communicate resource needs to the appropriate Operations Director and take part in Operations team meetings (conference calls and/or off site meetings).
· Communicate with Human Resources concerning personnel issues related to disciplinary action, accident reporting or hiring / termination of employees.
· Identify problems and opportunities for improvement, and then lead the team through appropriate action to capitalize on the opportunity.
· Manage the supply of materials for manufacturing requirements while meeting inventory targets.
· Understand and follow regulatory guidelines and rules related to EHS and ISO compliance; including company, local, state and federal laws or policies/procedures.
· Direct the Plant Engineering and Maintenance staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure that systems and equipment are being optimized.
· Evaluate equipment status and priorities based on current and future needs. Utilize this information to assist with the development of the annual Capital Expenditures budget for the related plant.
· Direct the logistics, scheduling and works with customer service staff to ensure that ACH meets our customer’s expectations for delivery and quality.
· Participate in resolving customer issues and concerns in a timely manner. Initiate and maintain contact with other departments, to obtain and provide complete, detailed and accurate information.
· Assist in the development of the annual budget for the related plant. Strive to meet or exceed plant budget in the areas of Materials, Labor, OH and Freight.
· Review and understand the monthly financial statements to help drive decision making related to Materials, Labor, OH and Freight costs.
· Work with all Operations Directors to support initiatives in various functions within the plant.
- Maintain the ability to drive for business purposes, including annual satisfactory DMV report, proof of insurance, valid driver license, and signature of statement related to notification to company of any changes related to driver record and insurance coverage
- Must help drive the culture for Best in Class Safety
· Perform all other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
· Responsible for managing plant operations personnel.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
· At least 2 years of post-high school education or equivalent required.
· Must have at least 3 years of experience in plant management or related level of responsibility.
· Possess a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record report and insurance coverage appropriate to enable legal and safe driving of vehicle(s) for company related business.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be fluent in the English language, both written and spoken.
· Strong management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
· Exceptional communication, leadership & interpersonal skills.
· Strong attention to detail and advanced analytical skills.
· Ability to build strong positive working relationships with vendors, customers, and production team members.
· Must be able to learn and understand the manufacturing processes, quality standards, equipment operations, safety requirements, and departmental procedures necessary to lead and troubleshoot assigned production areas.
· Must be computer literate: Excel, Word, Outlook, ERP systems.
· General Safety.
· Quality System Awareness.
· ACH General Management Training.
· Light to moderate physical effort required including sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, climbing steps or ladders, grasping, and fine and course manipulation, reaching both forward and above head level and tolerant of temperature changes for the entire shift.
· Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
· Must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
· Occasional travel may be necessary – less than 15% of time.