Interior Plant Technician Duties: Residential plant maintenance, Installation, Design, Greenhouse Purchasing, IPM
- Interior Plant Technician at Plant Techniques
- Interior Plant Technician at Botanika Interior Plantscapes (Innovative Employee Solutions)
- Interior Plant Technician at Atrium Floral and Plantscaping
- Interior Plant Technician at Guaranteed Green
15 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology Minor:Biology
The Plant Technician installs, repairs, tests, and modifies line, station telephone equipment, and DSL facilities and modems for customers using hand tools, power tools, and computer interfaces. Includes repairs to outside wires and placing new drops.
• Inspect subscriber premises to determine the appropriate method of installation.
• Test newly installed telephone/equipment using testing devices and repairs or replaces faulty equipment. Perform appropriate testing to ensure proper transmission and supervision specifications.
• Install and maintain Business and Residential DSL circuits.
• Install and maintain Copper/FIber to the prem data and telephone services- Copper/Fiber splicing and rearrangement
• Refurbish cable and install facilities within pedestals and/or terminals.
• Climb poles using hooks, ladders or bucket trucks, attach terminal boxes and carrier housings, and repair or replace defective lines and auxiliary equipment.
• Correct prints and maintain as-builts in accordance with company practices and policies.
• Install and maintain data, and station wiring and apparatus, maintain loop plant, including analog and digital subscriber carrier.
• Transport, set up, and run portable generator sets. Locate buried telephone and Fiber cables.
• Convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and services to our customers.
• Actively support sales and marketing related activities through the YouCan Program.
- Plant Technician at CenturyLink
- Sales Merchandiser at Budweiser Missouri Eagle
- Substitute teacher at El Dorado Springs High School
- Recreation at City of El Dorado Springs
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice Administration
- Associate of Arts - General Studies
Outside Plant Technician responsible for field service repairs and installation of telephone services. Was injured on the job during training. AT&T filed workman's compensation for me and I continued on under medical leave of absence status.
- Outside Plant Technician at AT&T
- Carpenters helper, Painting and Labor at HKB Construction
- Transmission Rebuilder at Jennings Transmissions Inc
- CNC operator, Assembly, Prewire, Supply at Waukesha Electric/SPX Corporation
1 year, 9 months at this Job
Over 39 years of experience in power plant operations, instrumentation and controls, system start-up and boiler and turbine optimization.
NRG energy Morgantown Generating Station
Senior Plant Technician (instrument) 2012-2018
• Instrument and controls department scheduler/planner. Responsible for the weekly scheduling of plant and preventive maintenance.
• Scheduling of unit outage overhaul activities
• Procurement of parts and test equipment needed for repairs and calibration of plant control systems (boiler, turbine and auxiliaries)
• Supervised I&C technicians in absence of management
- Senior Plant Technician (instrument) at NRG energy Morgantown Generating Station
- Senior Plant Technician (instrument) at DCS I
- Senior Plant technician (instrument) at
- Senior Plant Technician (instrument) at Chalk Point Generating Station
6 years at this Job
As an outside plant technician I have had experience with the following. 1. Critical problem solving 2. Working in a team environment as well as handling task on my own 3. Following Safety guidelines and rules 4. Interactions with customers and the public 5. Passing driving safety courses and having no vehicle accidents in my current years working. Able to drive a class B cdl rated vehicle. 6. Placing both fiber optic and copper cable. Both feeder and distribution. 7. Splicing both fiber optic and copper cables (mainly fiber) 8. Some experience with running drop wire and Terminal hookup.
- Outside Plant Technician at AT&T
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Some college
38 years of Work Experience in the Telecom Industry Outside Plant Technician Frontier Communications (Citizens Telecom) May 2010 to March 2018 Building telco plant, copper and fiber on Bentley Microstation and later on to autocad/Frontier software. Started October 27, 1980 as a GTE Lineworker placing poles and placing aerial cable on poles and pedestals. September 1981 to 2003 as a Customer Zone Technician II Running cat 3 wire to businesses and residential buildings, demarcation points to copper plant. 2003 to 2010 Verizon Cable Splicer Splicing copper cables up to 600 pairs and splicing fiber optic cables, running air pressure maintence to the paper copper cables. 2010-2018 Verizon then (became Frontier in 2016) July 9, 2018-November 1, 2018 assistant engineer with Foremost Communications (Net span) Drawing and submitting pole permits with TxDOT and Magic Valley Coop with Microsoft Visio software.
- Outside Plant Technician at Frontier Communications
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- Ceritificate - Radio & TV Servicing
Plant Tech Commercial Plant Design Inc. AUGUST 2017 - AUGUST 2018 Maintained the life and aesthetic of interior plants (watering, trimming, cleaning, and necessary replacement located in various commercial businesses in the greater Sacramento region under no supervision. ▫ Awarded pay increase within four months for successfully learning all plant names and species ▫ Recognized by upper management for incredible thoughtfulness and forward thinking
- Plant Technician at Commercial Plant Design Inc
- Manager/Barista at Bunz n Beanz (Café)
- Intern at Sutter Roseville, diagnostic imaging department
1 year at this Job
- - Radiology
- Associate - Social and Behavioral Sciences
I started at Pacific Bell at the time and my first job with them was as a 411 operator or Directory assistance. I answered calls and helped customers find the listing or place they were looking for. I did that job from date of hire in 1989 until 1998. My next job with Pacific Bell which became SBC during my time was as an Installation and Repair Technician. My responsibilities were to go customers homes or business and install or repair their telephone lines. It was a lot more face to face interaction with the general public since had to go into their homes or place of employment to complete my job. Also in order to get the job to be a Technician, I had to go to pole climbing school thru the company of course. I also had to take an electronics class to learn about installing and trouble shooting. Some of my other responsibililies was as my Supersvisors first in line, back up or as it was called IC or In charge. I would make sure the other techs had their work each morning, if they needed calls to be made or schedule vacation or sick time off I would help them with that when my supervisor was not there. During that time for 3 weeks, I went up North to wine country or Napa because they had severe flooding that year and needed extra techs to help repair and get customers back in service. I did that Job from 1998 until 2010. My current job I have now with AT&T is as a Lineman or Outside plant Technician In order ro get this job I had to go line school to learn how to place aerial cable secure it and fix it when needed. I also was required to get my Commercial License which I do have. It has restrictions for no hazardous material but can tow loads. My duties with this position is placing new cable or fiber to homes or businesses in the air and underground. I also get call-outs to fix or replace damaged cable or telephone poles because of weather or hit by car. I've also had to learn OSHA, EH&S and DOT rules and regulations to satisfy employment with At&t and to keep my job title. I've also done more of the In charge duties making sure techs get work assigned to them, ordering cable when needed and keeping inventory and stock updated. I also learned to read blueprints and engineer notes to place cable or when cable was placed incorrectly. I am currently still doing this job with At&t.
- Lineman/ Outside plant Technician at AT&T
30 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology- Criminology
- High school
• Responsible for the watering, grooming, cleaning, and upkeep of indoor plants in various businesses in the Greater Austin area.
• Maintained relationships with contacts to ensure the quality of services rendered and customer satisfaction.
• Self managed work schedule and driving route for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Plant Technician at Plant Management
- Video Support Agent at Plant Management
- Inventory and Shipping Manager at AGT American Silver and Gold
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Associate of Science degree in Computer Science - Computer Science
Make chemicals for boilers then deliver them to the plant
- Plant Technician at Smc technologies
- Subcontractor/Laborer at hudsons custom remodeling and trim
- Cashier at Walmart
5 months at this Job
- Some High School
- High school