Who is American Canning Machines?
At American Canning Machines, we take pride in helping beverage producers share their craft in cans and enjoy knowing that because of our work, other fans have greater access to the drinks and brands they love. We do this by providing customers with machines that are specifically designed to work well in a craft beverage facility. From compact foot prints to compact budgets, we focus on the real machinery needs of the craft beverage maker.
We’re looking for an energetic individual with a shared passion for craft to join our assembly team. We are based in Austin, Texas, but distribute our canning machines to craft beverage producers around the world.
So… what is the Job?
American Canning Machines is seeking PLC Programmer to aid in development of new machines as well as to work with the other Engineers to continuously improve the current designs. As is the culture and spirit of American Canning Machines we ask that all employees continuously look for ways to improve the quality of the work environment, the processes and procedures in which things are done, and the machines themselves.
Job Duties Include:
· Creating and optimizing code for machines
· Assemble prototypes and test fixtures
· Design of electrical cabinet and electrical layouts
· Final Tuning and Testing of machines
Well, it sounds cool, do I have what it takes?
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter that is able to problem solve and effortlessly communicate with both the engineers and assembly team members. This position will center around new product development and continuous improvement of older machines.
● Proficient with all Omron PLC programming software (Sysmac Studio, CXONE)
● Must have strong attention to detail and be highly organized
● Work well in a team setting. It really is the most important thing!
● Superior listening and communication abilities
● Must be able to identify tasks and projects and complete them independently, with minimal supervision
● Experience with light duty assembly, hand drills, impact drivers ect.
● Experience with electrical assembly, wire striping, soldering ect
The ideal candidate will:
● Have an ability to identify and prioritize tasks
● Demonstrate an eagerness to develop new skill sets
● Have experience working with small businesses
● Have an affinity for teaching and training others
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team, we hope you’ll consider applying.
To apply please send a resume and brief cover letter explaining why you’d be the perfect fit for this position to [email protected]