Successful PMO Director with over 10+ years managing up to 58 reports. Experienced in Agile and Waterfall and SAFe methodologies, managing large budgets and P&L. Over 15 years of demonstrated program/project management leadership of highly effective teams in a variety of industries, managing key technical and business programs, vendors and resources (budgets and human). MBA - MS in Computer Science. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Backroads (Travel) 2017 - Present
Consultant for Future State
Work with executives at Backroads to help establish a PMO and implement best practices that will enable the company to transform their IT organization and scale to meet growing demand.
• Ensure the successful implementation of Salesforce, ERP (Softrip), and other programs.
• Negotiated and managed vendor relationships, budgets and performance.
- Successful PMO Director at MBA - MS in Computer Science
- Sr. Manager Program Management PS Vue at PlayStation/SONY (Entertainment)
- Program Management Consultant, Omnisync Merchandising Workflow at CPrime/Macys.com (Retail)
- Director of Program Management, Digital Division at Western Union (Payments)
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters in Computer Science - TA for Statistics and Modeling & Simulation
• Pacific Dental Services (PDS) is a $1.7 billion Dental Services Organization. With over 700 offices nationwide, 11,000+ employees, and growing at a rate of 20% annually, PDS is one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the sector
• IT PMO Director, with a team of technical project managers and reporting directly to the CIO. Directed and provided oversight for major initiatives (Corporate-wide Data Center Migration, Voice & Network rollout / Unified Communications Programs, Onboarding / Recruiting systems, Communications programs, Epic Practice Management System migration program initiation, Data Warehouse and reporting, and several more). Revamped the Enterprise wide project management framework in conjunction with close C-Level collaboration leveraging both waterfall SDLC and Agile framework
- IT PMO Director at Pacific Dental Services
- Independent Consultant (Interim Contract Engagement) at sce.com
- IT PMO Director at Cognizant Technology Solutions
- at Cognizant Technology Solutions
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Project Management Professional
- - Project Management Institute
- B.A. - Japanese
- - Japanese Ministry of Education
- - Japanese and International Business
• The Project Management Office (PMO) is a management structure for projects within AmTote aimed at ensuring standardization of processes, reducing duplication and leveraging resources.
• Managing dependencies across multiple projects
• Consistency in delivery and operation of projects
• Delivering projects with predictable consistency, efficiency, and success
• Establishing foundation for managing organizational strategy effectiveness
• Implementing and enforcing standard practices & processes
• Management of the workflow and project management tools (Salesforce) and providing training on functionality
• Reporting on financial information such as return on investment.
• Providing transparent status and financial reporting to executives
• Improving stakeholder satisfaction
• Improving employee productivity
• Serving in advisory, consultative and supporting role within SAFe product development environment
• Long-term cost savings through improved resource management, limited project failures and effective execution of high return on investment (ROI) initiatives
• Project Management & Tracking
• Managing the inflow of new Projects, and ensuring proper triage to collect necessary information and scope requirements
• Auditing and tracking ongoing projects at regular intervals to ensure projects are on course and are following the approved processes
• Consolidation and analysis of the data collected from program status information, comparing results with baseline and communicating status to the management for review;
• Implementing Corrective Action, if required, as decided by the management
• The PMO establishes a project management governance structure that includes key performance indicators and sets milestones for the project team.
• Apart from defining, maintaining, and managing the project processes, the PMO roles and responsibilities include providing support for the smooth execution of the project.
• Provide a centralized customer focused office that not only plan, negotiate and analyze projects, but also redress the project related concerns of the client, sponsor, and staff
• Deliver Training in project management and the applied project tools to team members
• In-house consultancy services to the project team on project related issues
- PMO Director at AmTote International
- Senior Project Manager at Fiserv
- Director of Project Management at Agora Inc
- Chief Technology Officer at Tethered Innovations Inc
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Cyber Security
Blytheco serves the small enterprise business and mid-market community with a wide variety of business management software (ERP, HRMS/HCM, CRM, Marketing Automation) supported by Professional Services to enable businesses to obtain their goals.
• Led the Project Management Office (PMO) by hiring and developing project managers for the ERP, HRMS/HCM, CRM practices.
• Created and enforced set PMO standards, processes, templates and documentation.
• Managed multiple Sage X3 and NetSuite ERP projects on-time and on-budget, and led a cross-functional team of consultants, functional clients, third-party vendors, internal Executive team and C-level clients. Typical project size ranged from $500K to $1.0MM in Professional Services fees and typically lasted 12+ months each.
• Provided consistency among the different consulting practices by creating and enforcing methodology.
• Introduced, instructed and maintained a resource-based model for the Professional Services team.
- PMO Director at Blytheco
- VP, PMO and Operations Director at Garage Team Mazda
- Program Manager at
- Program Manager at The Designory
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Marketing
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
• Increased performance with direct report staff of Program Managers, PMs, BA's, and PC's. $2 million regional budget 1% under plan. Lead contributor to $13 million global budget.
• Manage full cycle Portfolio from intake through closure and audit -- $20 million regional portfolio, $100 million global portfolio. Reporting of key metrics to C-level.
• Lead specific areas of Global PMO's Continuous Improvement program.
• Enhance key relationships with C-Level and VP sponsors and stakeholders.
• Built technical infrastructure that lead to record years of earnings, revenues, cost savings, risk reduction, compliance and new levels of data security. Execution Assurance Sr. Manager
• Lead Global Execution Assurance team, overseeing Quality, Budget, Reporting, and Risk control of $100 million project portfolio and $13 million in direct costs. Quality enhancement initiatives have led to over 30% improvement in Portfolio quality by end of 2017.
• Lead 5 direct reports and multiple indirect teams to quality and compliance goals.
• Built reporting, budget, quality assurance and support service center from scratch to support 11 directors. Portfolio, budget & accomplishments summaries go to VP's and SVPs.
• Created and maintained financial transparency processes for business-side customers who get charged for project and portfolio work. Financial practices have helped guide spend to just below 1% of 2017 plan. PMO Team Lead/Infrastructure and Data Centers
• Managed teams of PMs, BAs and coordinators to deliver multi-million dollar portfolio with over 80% on time or early and under budget.
• Management division of Canada's leading bank saving over $1 million a year.
• Co-managed $30 million portfolio of technical refresh projects and programs
• Partnering and regular updating of VPs and C-level executives and tracking of benefits.
• Managed teams in Minneapolis, Toronto and New York through successful Disaster Recovery events thereby closing open Corporate Audit Risks.
- IT PMO Director at RBC Wealth Management
- Contractor at Allianz Life
- Contractor at Rels Valuation and RES Direct
- Contractor at Conservis Corporation
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Adminiatration
• Oversees all PMO related projects with the intention to improve company performance
• Manages program issues, risks, and budget control activities to ensure on-time and accurate completion of projects
• Oversees all PMO resources by providing direction, training, coaching, and assessment. In addition, the director provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring to all PMO resources
• Plan, monitor, oversee multiple workflows within complex projects
• Manage relationship with project sponsor, stakeholders, leads of internal and external team in an effort to drive towards successful results
• Primary owner of defining, planning, tracking, and managing the project
• Create and continually improve PMO best, standards and procedures including corrective action
• Prepare and maintain responsibility for annual PMO planning and budgeting
• Develop and maintain business understanding of Guidewire platform and products to include: ◦ ProducerEngage, BillingCenter, PolicyCenter, InfoCenter, ClaimCenter ◦ Manage Guidewire Insurance Suite projects for new business
- PMO (Director) at Seibels
- Project Management (Delivery Manager) at Benefitfocus, Professional Services, Daniel Island
- Project Management (Project Manager/IT Manager), General Information Services at CSEBA/JPA
- Project Specialist at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
8 months at this Job
TEXRail Commuter Rail Line from Southwest Ft Worth to DFW Airport
• Responsible for all Project Management Activities including wayside, station, construction, communications, and signaling
• Reporting directly to Fort Worth Transit Authority and Archer Western Herzog
• Deputy of the Cotton Belt East Proposal, parallel line to TEXRail PMO Site Director; Sacramento, CA Responsible for the on-time and budget delivery of PTC Equipments and Systems on the ACE EMU Commuter Rail Vehicles and Locomotives.
• The vehicles included Bombardier bi-level, GEN 1-207 & GEN 2-212 single cab cars and F40 Locomotives
• Scope of responsibilities included Site Start Up: Surveying the vehicles for proper WBS and BOM Validations, Interviewing, on-barding, and training the project team members, supervising material logistics and ware house staging areas, quality assurance/control, coordinating engineering, deputy program management, & lean line manufacturing PMO Site Director; Michigan City, IN Responsible for the on-time and budget delivery of PTC Equipments and Systems on the NICTD EMU Commuter Rail Vehicles and Locomotives.
• The vehicles included single level dual and single cab cars, bi-level single cab cars and GP38 Locomotives
• Scope of responsibilities included material logistics and on-line staging, quality assurance/control, engineering program management, lean line manufacturing, and work break down structure tack-time level loading of three rail lines supporting production
- PMO Director at WABTEC Corporation
- CEO at Global Railway Consulting Company, L.L.C
- VICE PRESIDENT OF ENGINEERING, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT, & QUALITY at National Railway Equipment Co. Corporate Office
- INTERNATIONAL LOCOMOTIVE PROGRAM MANAGER at GE Transportation, Corporate Headquarters
1 year at this Job
- License - License & Certificates
- Dual - Electromechanical Engineering
Managed $35M portfolio including the planning, initiation, implementation, migration, and deployment of over forty (40) IT development projects across applications, infrastructure and BI/reporting. Responsible for performance management, training, career development, mentoring, and corrective action for a team of 20 resources including Senior Program Managers, Project Managers, and Business Analysts. Established the IT portfolio management process for demand planning and led the executive steering committee that includes the CIO and CFO to ensure prioritization reletative to the overall business strategy. Developed and delivered methodology training to IT and business stakeholders that provides consistency amongst project delivery, allows project success to be measured in a similar manner, and provides a common language for all stakeholder communications across the portfolio. Facilitate phase gate sessions to ensure projects follow SOX compliance guidelines, as well as produce quality deliverables throughout the project life cycle.
- PMO Director at Serta Simmons
- Senior Operations Manager at Serta Simmons
- Senior Process Manager at Agco Corp
- Senior Program Manager at ELAVON INC
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- BS - COMPUTER SCIENCE
PMO- Director Southwest Region, Program Manager, for Las Vegas, California, and Mountain Region (CO, NM, TX)
• Manage all fiber and wireless Infrastructure projects simultaneously with responsibilities across multiple regions, organizations, and technologies. Provide direct management to SW PMO team as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams assigned to projects, including engineering, Implementation, compliance, finance, and executive team
• Provide detailed project analysis to breakdown complex projects into actionable activities to successfully deliver projects on time and on budget.
• Create and manage project plans, risk registers, project schedules/Ganttcharts, budget reports and project reports through a full lifecycle of development with multiple teams and technologies.
• Effectively leading internal team meetings by setting and achieving clear obtainable objectives
• Strong ability to lead customer and stakeholder meetings by providing clear and concise project status, ensuring relevant standards, process, and regulations are upheld
• Strive to promote positive team work through encouragement and listening skills. Always, providing professional decorum and remain level-headed in the face of adversity and pressure.
• Strong expertise in using project management tools (i.e MS PowerPoint, OneNote) and presentation tools (i.e MS PowerPoint) and communication tools (i.e word, excel, project tracker and SharePoint)
• Continually work in collaboration with executive teamto drive productivity and consistency throughout project life-cycle, always remaining open to new direction and have the ability to react quickly to changing business needs and customer demands
• Coordinate the preparation of proposals, project plans, schedules and Financials in support of Business Development activities
• Act as primary customer contact throughout project life-cycle leading all activities to review and discuss costs, schedule, and technical performance while developing and maintaining strong customer relationships
• Monitor project progress against plan and schedule and communicate and resolve any project issues/risk including timing, budget, scope, while holding responsible parties accountable
• Conduct project post mortem and create recommendations reports in order to identify successful project elements and those requiring improvement
- PMO- Director Southwest Region, Program Manager at ExteNet Systems
- Director of Program Management, OSP/Fiber and Wireless Technology at MyROW International
- Emerging Technologies Program Director (Contract) at FAIRPOINT COMMUNICATIONS
- Project Manager/Equipment Engineer at VERIZONWIRELESS
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- BS - Computer Science
Small Cell & DAS concealment solutions for Wireless Carriers & Landlords, 4G & 5G builds § Grow customer engagement by close consulting on technical project scope and long-term planning. § Achieve consistent on time shipping and invoicing metrics through tight management of growing product development team to achieve project goals. § Supporting and driving projects for customer POC, primarily Construction and Implementation Managers for CRAN and small cell infrastructure projects. § Create project plans, requirements document and project overviews, including scope and BOM extraction, design, surveys, BOM requirements, materials ordering/staging, and installation preparation. § Develop 40+ new products per year for AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile & Verizon, through aggressive program management. Includes pricing, tasking and prioritizing resources,escalations, mitigating risk, and ongoing team communication. § Expand evolving project portfolio and strategy with executive team by communication and research to uncover business goals across customer base and evolving trends. Gain and share customer input to strategize on forecast and product roadmap for key accounts. § Initiate and drive program and project strategy to meet customer goals, via collaboration with customer teams and internal sales, engineering, procurement and production. § Growth of key customer to support 25% of revenue by Initiating and driving program and project strategy for customer success. § Lead PMO team through policy and tool adoption amid rapid growth and evolving strategic initiatives, reporting directly to the COO.
- Consultant, Program Manager/Interim PMO Director at ConcealFab Corp, CO
- Project Manager, West Area at Crown Castle
- at Crown Castle
- Program Manager at Aviat Networks
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- BA in Psychology - Psychology