PMO Manager for a boutique consulting firm in the fintech space. Successfully completed projects included successful financial department transformation, ERP, treasury management, reporting & database software installations, audit completion, IPO preparation. Background includes management consulting, project management and software delivery.
- PMO Manager at PARADIGM ADVISORY PARTNERS
- PMO Manager at Warbird Consulting Partners
- Project Manager - Services Delivery Group at REDWOOD SOFTWARE
- Project Manager /Managing Partner at APPLETON CONSULTING LLC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Concentrations
- MASTER OF ACCOUNTING - PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
- CERTIFICATE - ACCOUNTING
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
- - Economics
Ericsson, USA, Chicago, IL 2011 – 2016 $8 billion information and communications technology provider supplying comprehensive industry solutions ranging from Cloud services and Mobile Broadband to Network Design and Optimization. Network Rollout PMO Manager * Managed budget control and governance compliance for team of 22 project managers delivering wireless network coverage and capacity expansion projects for communications companies. * Detailed the customer delays for $14 million Alaska LTE project leading to $400,000 change order, bringing project back on financial track. * Led re-evaluation of $15 million, two-year delayed, Vermont LTE project, comprehensively clarifying the financial and delivery status resulting in $200,000 claw back costs from the customer. * Inherited six month delayed, $11 million LTE Project in Mobile Alabama, and led the recovery of the project, reducing the delay by one month. * Clarified out of scope items for $12 million Omaha Fiber project facilitating negotiation that led to 5% recovery in margins. * Created weekly at-a-glance report of project governance compliance and financial metrics, increasing monthly compliance by 50 percentage points within 90 days. * Consistently achieved 90%+ Leadership Index score in annual employee survey conducted by third party company.
- Network Rollout PMO Manager at Ericsson USA
- Network Rollout Project Office Manager at Ericsson Japan
- Customer Project Manager at Ericsson Japan
- Customer Order Desk Manager at Ericsson Japan
5 years at this Job
- Associate - Telecommunications Engineering
APPLICATION SUPPORT PMO DEPT. MANAGER Built the department for the application support department from the ground up. Starting with 2 PM’s in 2015 the department now has 2 PMO Lead, 19 Sr. PM’s, 7 Business Analyst and Risk manager. The department has expanded to include local to Michigan, Remote and UK based employees supporting multiple client relationships. In addition to career development and resource management I am directly involved in organizational objectives, leadership decisions, and process development for the PMO department helping to mold the direction of the Application Support organization. PMO LEAD/PROGRAM MANAGER Oversee a team of project managers and their clients. Work with them to identify risk and deliver projects on-time and within budget. Address client issues that are higher than the PM can address. SR. PROJECT MANAGER Worked within the Application Support organization supporting clients with projects and support working ranging from 10K to 250K. Helped develop several processes within the department to improve quality and project effectiveness. Also worked within a Business Quality capacity to help gather requirements on several million dollar initiatives.
APPLICATION SUPPORT PMO DEPT. MANAGER
Built the department for the application support department from the ground up. Starting with 2 PM’s in 2015 the department now has 2 PMO Lead, 19 Sr. PM’s, 7 Business Analyst and Risk manager. The department has expanded to include local to Michigan, Remote and UK based employees supporting multiple client relationships.
In addition to career development and resource management I am directly involved in organizational objectives, leadership decisions, and process development for the PMO department helping to mold the direction of the Application Support organization.
PMO LEAD/PROGRAM MANAGER
Oversee a team of project managers and their clients. Work with them to identify risk and deliver projects on-time and within budget. Address client issues that are higher than the PM can address.
SR. PROJECT MANAGER
Worked within the Application Support organization supporting clients with projects and support working ranging from 10K to 250K. Helped develop several processes within the department to improve quality and project effectiveness. Also worked within a Business Quality capacity to help gather requirements on several million dollar initiatives.
- PMO Manager at Capgemini / Lyons Consulting Group
- SR. PROJECT MANAGER at LYONS Consulting Group
- SR. PROJECT MANAGER at Fastswitch (Ford)
- SR. PROJECT MANAGER at Coretek Services
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
• Guided a department of 23 individuals responsible for the delivery of corporate technology projects.
• Provided leadership to continuously improve the PMO function by encouraging process improvement.
• Collaborated with the team to enhance the project processes and deliver related custom training.
• Conducted reviews to assess risks to timeline, budget, quality, value, and customer satisfaction.
• Served as senior program/portfolio manager for high-risk programs and high-profile portfolios.
• Owned annual department budget covering expenses, training, services, staffing, and salaries.
• Developed a matrix of position competencies, career paths, and salary ranges for the department.
- PMO Manager at Ultimate Software
- Manager, HRIS at ONEOK
- Director, Technology & Information Services at Tulsa Technology Center
- Chief Information Officer at Oral Roberts University
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
Longview, TX 4/2012 - 9/2017
Regional healthcare provider with 2 hospitals and 18 medical clinics in 6 municipalities
Project Management Professional/PMO Manager
• Member of seven-person IT management team, reporting to the CIO, determining strategy and infrastructure planning for the Information Systems department and the entire hospital system.
• Managed Project Management Office (PMO) with four direct reports. Responsible for definition, development, and implementation of project management standards and methodology and management of portfolio of IT-related projects. Responsible for project status reporting to ensure top management stayed informed.
• Responsible for scoping new projects for various departments and estimating Return on Investment (ROI) to aid in approval/disapproval.
• Led change control process on all IT-related systems; ran weekly change control meeting, ensuring all stakeholders were aware of proposed changes and all proposed changes met minimum requirements for implementation.
• Technical lead for ongoing IT infrastructure maintenance, including SharePoint and the DSX access security software system, including hardware and software upgrades, patches, end-user training, vendor management, and successful issue resolution.
• Project manager for $2M, 6-month project that successfully replaced the 35-year-old PBX/telephone infrastructure; led team of 38; supervised hardware/software upgrade; oversaw replacement of three PBX systems and 2700 desktop phones in 21 locations. Managed vendors for telecommunications and technical implementation.
• Responsible for IT security policy development and implementation, both behavioral and infrastructure, including implementation of policy control software.
• Project manager responsible for onboarding acquired clinics and physician practices, including physician relations; upgraded telecommunications, networking, and computer hardware; and integrated local systems with company infrastructure.
• Managed vendor relations, including telecommunications, security, and IT infrastructure, to ensure project goals were successfully met.
• Negotiated telecommunications contracts and rates with vendor for all hospitals and clinics.
• Responsible for security badge management and door access security infrastructure system-wide.
• Provided project management training to internal clients, resulting in PMP certification.
- Project Management Professional/PMO Manager at Good Shepherd Health System
- Account Manager/Project Manager at Entre Technology Services
- Senior IT Consultant/Project Manager at Fujitsu Ireland, Ltd
- Project Manager/Certified Professional Instructor/Lotus Notes Developer & Admin at Castle Butte Consulting, Inc
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Project Management Professional
Location: Various Field Locations, based out of Central New Jersey
Duration: 09/11/07 to 10/23/09 Job Duties:
• I was specifically brought on Board at the time to work on a large scale VOIP Global deployment for a Document Company that had not started Smoothly both logistically as well as financially. I Assembled and lead a Team of Project Managers, broken down by geographic areas as well as Project Administrators and other Day 1 and Day 2 Support Personnel. Although the Project ultimately did not do well from a margin perspective. However we have now after a couple of years secured and extended our managed services support of their Voice Network Globally and have become successful.
• After 17 months on this project, I have been assigned and working on a few different large clients for VOIP projects as a Program/Sr. Project Manager. A few of these were specifically troubled projects with very specific and extenuating circumstances which made each assignment a challenge.
• At this juncture in time the PMO and Services organization has gone through a restructuring 6 months ago and we are now approaching another. I feel this is a great opportunity and time for me to expand my horizons and take on a new challenge where I can bring my 30 + years of Network and Management experience to a new group with a different, new and exciting charter. Lehman Brothers, Vice President, Infrastructure Implementation Location: Jersey City, NJ Duration: 03/1996 - 4/1/06
• 10 years proven Ability to manage a large staff in all aspects of Data and Voice Implementations for all business units within the firm, including planning/Implementation, the building out of Cisco Data Network and VoIP networks as well as AVAYA and Nortel Telephony.
• Manage departmental IT budget of 50 Million dollars annually.
• Major Player in contributing to the rebuilding of all aspects of the firms Networks, Trading floors and Data centers as a direct result of the 911 Terrorist attacks on the WTC in 2001. Allowing 6000+ employees to work remotely for 6 months during this reconstruction period. Built out of new office space as well as, build out of new Global HQ Building at 745 7th Ave. NYC. 32 Floors consisting of 6 trading floors and 22 non-trading floors and 4 redundant data/network center floors. Secured materials needed (8 million linear feet of Cat 6 UTP) as well as miles of fiber on September 12th, to ensure project could be completed in time to restore trading activities.
• Post 911, Total reconstruction of the Entire Data Network including Data Center Construction and Project Management of 3 separate locations. 85 10th Ave, 10000 Sq, ft from slab to slab start. New 10,000 foot location in Livingston NJ. Retrofitted existing data center in Jersey City reconstructing half of a 34,000 sq ft floor plate. The Jersey City project had an incredibly tight deadline to restore trading in 5 days, as the firm was working without a backup data center. To recreate the network we added about 300 cabinets, 30 Cisco 6000 series Routers, Switches, Call Managers as well as the entire power grid needed to support this, and all cable and fiber infrastructure needed to bring this data center on line within days. Teams worked 3 shifts for over 1 month to complete this initiative successfully. Oversaw all aspects of this effort with not only teams from various trades and groups, but managed a large scale team of consultants doing the network design, construction and voice implementation. I also worked with the desktop and sever teams to add some 400 servers and 2000 desktops in Jersey City to accommodate additional incoming employees and related applications.
• Oversaw the installation and implementation of IPC Turrets, SpeakerBus and Telaid trading systems to support trading floor data and voice operations for 2800+ traders in New York, as well as manage multiple locations throughout North America with the similar technologies including Disaster Recovery for 1200+ trading seats in the off site DR solution
• Managed the Provisioning group (2 years) in the ordering of all Telco related Voice and Data Circuits. Negotiate and establish contracts with Verizon Business, ATT, Qwest, Sprint and other major global service providers.
• Managed the Wireless services group (1 year) for all Cellular, Blackberry & pagers. Negotiate contracts with the largest Nationwide/Global providers. Oversaw the installation of DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems) for all new locations of Wireless coverage as well as Wi-Fi Coverage for Data Centers and in building solutions
• Managed all aspects of cabling infrastructure including both copper and Fiber for approximately 100 locations in North and South America. Working with Vendors; Avaya, Mohawk Siemons, Anixter, and Corning Cable systems as well as negotiating and establishing contracts for both union and non-union contract labor for the installation and maintenance of these systems: including Data Center construction, and on-going network data and voice implementation Support.
• Oversee the build out of a Disaster recovery trading floor and Voice operations in Jersey City for 450 positions including the installation of some 2400 ARD circuits as well as supporting OC48 Sonet Rings, DS-3's, T-1's and local pots services where needed. Re-established WAN connectivity to some 50 locations throughout North America.
• I Introduced cost savings initiative to the reduce costs of Union and Non Union labor for all day two activities including MACS (Adds, Moves, and Changes) for network, voice and desktop devices by implementing on of the first pre-patched (Avaya/Commscope Visipatch) environments using this new and innovative solution. By Taking total control of all movement of PC, printers, servers as well as all network devices in data centers and all telephony services we introduced stability and reliability of the Network. This pre-patched environment as well served the firm well during 911 when we had to stack offices with 4 people in each and all they had to do was plug in their laptops and connectivity was there. This ability to add 2000 people to an already occupied office location was instrumental in getting the business running in a matter of days.
• Responsible for all aspects of staffing issues including, performance reviews, budgeting and compensation
• I Was a motivating factor in obtaining qualified less expensive manpower by partnering with Stevens Institute of Technology in there cooperative education program. When we started working with Stevens in 1998, Lehman would typically have 1 or 2 coops a semester when we dedicated to the networks groups only. As we grew the program we came up with creative ways to finance these young students and were able to increase the presence of Coop's to over 40 students per semester to over 120 students per year. During my Tenure Lehman Brothers was twice voted Coop Company of the year, and I was once voted Coop manager of year by Stevens themselves.
- PMO Manager / Project Manager at Retired
- Project Manager at AUX Technology
- Manager at Schering Plough
2 years, 1 month at this Job
PMO * Promoted from Project Coordinator to Project Manager in 2013, then to Sr. PMO Manager in 2017. * Lead projects aimed at implementing new processes, improving existing processes and triaging situations that have hit roadblocks within the organization. Ultimately responsible for project success. * Manage the PMO Strategic Spend and Enterprise Cost Center budget. * Manage the PMO SharePoint site home page and maintain oversight of project management use. * Manage the PMO Vendor relationships to resolve resourcing gaps across all projects in portfolio. * Assist in training PMO support staff, interns, and external resources working on projects. * Coordinate the communications and logistics of staff meetings and large workshops.
- Senior Project Management Office (PMO) Manager, Corporate Shared Services at HANNOVER LIFE REASSURANCE CO OF AMERICA
- Data Management Analyst, Corporate Shared Services at HANNOVER LIFE REASSURANCE CO OF AMERICA
- Data Management Analyst at HANNOVER LIFE REASSURANCE CO OF AMERICA
- Account Analyst, Corporate Shared Services, Accounting at HANNOVER LIFE REASSURANCE CO OF AMERICA
16 years, 5 months at this Job
100 S. Grand Ave. East Springfield, Illinois 62761
• Managed, directed and supervised the staff and projects assigned to the DHS Project Management Office of the Bureau of Project Management and Application Compliance.
• Coordinated and developed work assignments, monitored work activities and performance to ensure work activities matched the department priorities and project timeframes. These work activities occurred from PMO subordinate staff, other MIS staff, and/or Division Liaisons/subject matter experts.
• Updated and supported the State of Illinois Central Management Services Enterprise Project Management Portal which was utilized to manage and communicate project status, risks, and project attributes.
• Developed high-level state and federal documents such as Information Advanced Planning Documents (IAPD), Advanced Planning Documents Update (APDU), Feasibility Studies, Governance Documents (Charters, Business and Technical Requirements, etc.), and Procurement Documents (Request for Purchase, Request for Information, Invitation for Bids, etc.).
• In cooperation with the Bureau of Information and Development staff, verified and validated that technical solutions for business processes were documented and completed in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with agency standards.
• Assisted in the management of projects through the development and maintenance of industry standard project management documentation.
• Prepared presentations on project issues to management, including the Chief Information Officer (CIO), who was my direct report/manager.
• Mentored subordinate staff in appropriate project management principles as mandated under the enterprise project management process and practices.
• Handled all DHS MIS Project Management issues to ensure all MIS Projects came to a successful conclusion.
• Did Employee Evaluations as needed.
100 S. Grand Ave. East
Springfield, Illinois 62761
- Public Service Administrator - PMO Manager at State of Illinois Department of Human Services
- Section Manager - Software Help Desk for MIS Customer Service and Training at State of Illinois Department of Human Services
- Computer Information Consultant III at State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- Computer Information Consultant II at State of Illinois Department of Public Aid
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Computer Science
- B.A. - Economics
- A.A. - Business Administration
Managing the Project Management Office (PMO) for the entire organization. Defined and implemented the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) based on the SCRUM, Kanban agile framework. Created all the SDLC processes, workflows, guides, manuals, and templates and ensured they were complaint with CMMI V2.0 Development Maturity Level 3. Regularly auditing projects to ensure they are following the organization's processes and to build a repository for CMMI compliance audit. Successfully completed the CMMI Associate certification in order to be part of the appraisal team that will conduct the CMMI SCAMPI audit. Created and managing JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint sites for all projects. Provided organizational training and continuous coaching to projects on SCURM, Kanban agile project execution.
- PMO Manager at Analytica
- Project Manager at SNAP Inc
- Principle Analyst at General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT)
- Senior Consultant/Project Manager at CGI Group
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Computer Science
• Manage/build new PMO department at Metapack US
• Manage team of project managers
• Solution design for complex logistics software projects
• Spearhead business process improvements by implementing formal documentation for projects such as Weekly Highlight Reports and Implementation Summaries to properly document completed projects
• Subject Matter Expert on multi carrier cross border shipping
- PMO Manager at Stamps.com
- Project Manager at Stamps.com
- Project Manager Team Lead at Addresses of Distinction
- Events Project Manager at CALIPASO WINERY
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration