- Police Captain at Brice Police Department
- President/CEO at American Pursuit & Performance, Ltd.
- Chief of Police at Laurelville Police Department
- Police Officer at McArthur Police Department
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
- Some college
A small community and department just outside of Tallahassee, Florida. I have served as a police captain since August 2017 when promoted to that rank and placed as second in command behind the Chief. I have served as police advisor, LASO, Alt-TAC and every other function within the department. I have handled the day to day operations when the chief was out on medical leave and I have enjoyed a close working relationship with the both the City Manager and the City Mayor. I continue to serve in the role today. I also served as the right hand to the Chief in the Town of White Springs. I serve as a patrol officer/command staff, IT expert, LASO, Alt-TAC, policy writer, legal caselaw analysis for the department, training coordinator, grant writing, and budget assistance. I have heard these roles since September 2016 and continue today.
- Police Captain at Midway Police Department
- IT Support person for the ELVIS Florida Project at Florida State University, and I
- Officer, IT Expert, patrol and more at Carrabelle Police Department
1 year, 7 months at this Job
Captain is second in command. Our Department consists of 15 sworn Officers, 3 Clerical staff and 4 part time employees. I assist the Chief of Police with administrative obligations and daily operations. Some of my duties include: maintaining/updating Office Pc's, maintaining updating mobile laptop and software, Maintaining squad video and server, Monitoring/review Officers cases and case load, Scheduling Officer training, monitoring schedules to assure proper coverage and assisting with budgeting and purchasing equipment and supply's. Summary: I was raised on a large dairy farm, the youngest of 6 siblings. I was taught a strong work ethic, working from sun up to sun down seven days a week. At a young age I was inquisitive and liked to take things apart just to see how they worked. This turned into doing most of the maintenance and repairs on the farm. Maintenance included plumbing and electrical repairs. By the time I was 16, I had purchased a truck and rebuilt the engine in our garage. When I turned 18 and graduated, I decided that I wanted to do something different and pursued a Law Enforcement career. I started working part time for the Langlade County Sheriff Dept. and shortly after was hired fulltime for the Antigo Police Department. I’ve held several different ranking supervisory positions on various shifts and am currently the Police Captain. During my tenure, I voluntarily took on tasks and positions including: Drug Investigator, Death Investigator, Grant administrator, Field Training Officer, Radar/Laser instructor, Tracs administrator. I am very active and usually have some sort of project that I’m working on. I’ve built three of my own homes, doing approximately 75% or more of the work. Because of my inquisitive mind, I have found that I can fix or repair just about anything. Numerous training certificates can be provided upon request.
- Police Captain at Antigo Police Department-Antigo Wis
33 years, 2 months at this Job
• Foster the core values of Community Policing by maximizing citizen involvement, promoting a total service orientation among employees and encouraging a proactive, problem-solving approach to police services.
• Represents the department and superiors on various panels and committees and at special functions and ceremonies
• Sharp leadership acumen and experienced in managing police department operations, from law enforcement, crime prevention and investigations to budget administration, police training and community relations.
• Directed police officers and actively collaborated in Human Resources operation functions such as developing work schedules, monitoring employee performance and administering annual performance reviews.
• Respond to calls, supervise officers on scene on major incidents and minor incidents.
- Police Captain at Hot Springs Police Department
- Chief of Police at Gettysburg Police Department
- Deputy Sheriff at Roberts County Sheriff's Office
- Deputy Sheriff at Deuel County Sheriff's Office
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- - Accumulated Credits for Business Management
Patrol Captain responsibilities: Scheduling, special events, K-9's, traffic enforcement, animal control parking, emergency response, complaints, internal affairs, conflict resolution and counseling. Media Relations and Public information officer Investigations Captain: Management of Major crime investigation, white collar, property crime, crimes against persons, school resource, gangs, Cache/Rich Drug task force, and SWAT Overseeing 2.25 million dollar operational, salary and grant monies; purchasing, fleet, employee discipline, corrective action plans, workers compensation, payroll FMLA, STD, LTD and RTW. Over 12 years experience in recruitment, hiring, training and performance management
- Police Captain at Logan City Police Department
- Lieutenant at Logan City Police Department
- Investigations Sergeant at Logan City Police Department
- Patrol Sergeant at Logan City Police Department
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Business Management and Leadership
- Bachelors of Science - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science
Ft. Ord and Presidio of Monterey, California Deputy Chief of Police, Police Captain, Lieutenant, Field Training Officer - 04/1988 to 03/2016 Performed duties as the Deputy Chief of Police under the direct supervision of the Chief of Police. Accountable for jurisdiction, intelligence, security matters, and supporting administrative functions on the Presidio of Monterey, the Ord Military Community, and La Mesa Village Military Housing. Maximized operational efficiency by coaching staff on various customer service initiatives. Communicated details regarding security, safety, and overall operations through proper chain of command to ensure optimal efficiency and security. Secured and verified evidence by interviewing and observing suspects and witnesses, or by analyzing records. Performed Special Operations duties and training as the Commander of the S.W.A.T Team, attaining a "Type 1 Rating" through The Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Prepared and disseminated comprehensive reports detailing investigative findings. Performed/supervised jurisdictional patrols, investigations, and enforcement functions for three separate federal properties on the Monterey Peninsula. Initiated special investigation and surveillance operations which were successful in breaking up several burglary rings on the Monterey Peninsula, resulting in the arrest and prosecution of numerous offenders. Collaborated with citizens and community agencies to prevent and solve crimes. Provided guidance and assistance to subordinate supervisors on projects and problems within their own areas of responsibility, and coordinated problem solutions. Supervised and mentored a staff of subordinate supervisors and Lead Police Officers, many of whom subsequently attained promotions to vacancies in several higher positions. Made decisions on project priorities to meet changing requirements, i.e., reassign or detail personnel, ensure efficient use of space and personnel, and funds and equipment to meet workload, mission, and needs. Planned for and originated, or directed the initiation of, all requests for formal training. Recommended solutions and coordinated implementation of major changes in mission and functions, methods and procedures, training, funding, organization, and staffing.
- Deputy Chief of Police, Police Captain, Lieutenant, Field Training Officer at FT. ORD AND PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY FEDERAL POLICE DEPARTMENTS
27 years, 11 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - MANAGEMENT
- ASSOCIATE OF ARTS - Administration of Justice
Supervisor of 27 officers with day to day police operations. Also oversee detective division as well as six patrol Sergeants.
- Police Captain at Mashantucket Police
- Police Lieutenant at City of New London
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Criminal justice
Leader of patrol section officers (16) on a full time basis. Responsible for scheduling, training, special assignments, budgeting, internal affairs matters, new employee interview process, payroll review, community outreach, act as chief of police in his absence.
- Police captain at Town of Newton
34 years, 9 months at this Job
- Some college
Charged with leading a team of skilled detectives responsible for investigating sexually based crimes, bias incidents, crimes against children, missing persons, domestic violence & the registration and monitoring of known sex offenders.
• Spearheaded the reorganization of the civilian volunteer based Domestic Violence Response Team.
• Implemented department-wide strangulation assault protocols and training to enhance the department’s response.
• Served as liaison to the Shani Baraka Women’s Resource Center linking law enforcement with social service partners providing additional services to the victims of crimes.
- Police Captain at Newark Police Department Special Victims Division
- Police Captain at Prisoner Processing Division
- Police Lieutenant at Newark Police Department Labor Relations Liaison
- Police Lieutenant at Newark Police Department Police Finance Office
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Administrative Science
- B.S. - Business Administration/Accounting
- Certificate - Labor Law & Labor Relations
- Certificate - Terrorism Studies, Emergency Management, Human Resources
- Police Captain at TOWNSHIP OF WEEHAWKEN, Weehawken
- at TOWNSHIP OF WEEHAWKEN, Weehawken
- Police Lieutenant at TOWNSHIP OF WEEHAWKEN, Weehawken
- Police Sergeant at TOWNSHIP OF WEEHAWKEN, Weehawken
2 years at this Job
- DEA - Certified Narcotics Investigator