I am a police chief responsibility includes scheduling and overseeing other officers as well as training and finacial management of the police budget.
- Police Chief at Sutton police dept.
- Owner and Operator at The Produce Shack
- Deputy Sheriff at Braxton County
- Marine Radar Artillery at USMC
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Behavorial Science
Responsibilities Leon E. Anderson 8466 South Main Street Interlaken, New York 14847 [email protected] (607) 201-4861 Highlights of Qualifications Highly dedicated and proactive professional with 8+ years’ experience in the food management industry as well as 17+ years’ experience in law enforcement and an OnAir personality. Possess excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills as well as business management and supervisory skills. Manages all facets of operations in both fields to include staffing, budgeting, inventory/food ordering, employee management/accountability, training, scheduling, discipline, enforcing Local and State policies and procedures. Professional Experience: Village of Interlaken - Interlaken New York Police Chief, October 2012 - Present Direct, plan and maintain security to 620 residential and 27 business establishments in the Village of Interlaken and the surrounding areas on a daily basis; Supervise, schedule and oversee three part-time Officers; Maintain law and order of the area through vigilant surveillance and patrolling activities; Supervisory Certification - Civil Service Supervisor Training – February 2014 Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office – Ithaca New York Deputy Sheriff, January 2001 – October 2012 Seneca County Sheriff’s Department – Waterloo New York Deputy Sheriff/Police Officer, June 1998 – January 2001 Road Patrol Deputy Sheriff/Police Officer. Patrolled all roadways in Tompkins County and responded to all calls for assistance. Enforced all laws: Local, State and Federal. SAGA Communications/Cayuga Radio Group - Ithaca New York On-Air Personality/Voice Tracker/Board Op, September 2011 - Present Weekend personality for Lite rock 97.3, 103.7 Qcountry, and 96.7 the Vine. Fill in for all station personalities on their days off, vacations and Holidays. Board Operations for NFL football, Cornell football, Basketball, Hockey and lacrosse. I also did the weathers for the weekends and recorded them into audio vault. ROI Broadcasting/Z955 WFIZ - Ithaca New York On-Air Personality, June 2009 – September 2011 On air personality Weekends and Night DJ for Ithaca's #1 Hit music Channel top 40 channel. Board Operations live remotes and voice tracking. Contests promotions and I counted down the top five songs in Ithaca. Fox’s Pizza Den – Trumansburg New York Supervisor, January 1996 – February 1998 Pizza Franchise Supervisor, supervising a crew of 4-6 workers on a daily basis. Provided excellent customer service, ensured satisfaction of customers who dined in, carried out or had delivery. Trained crew members, food preparation, product inventory and employee management/accountability. Pizza Hut - Ithaca New York Assistant Manager, January 1995 – January 1996 Pizza Hut Delco Unit Assistant Manager, In charge of scheduling, food ordering, inventory, morning prepping of product, promotions (door hanging), discipline, hiring and terminations. During my time as the assistant manager of the Delco unit we increased profit, on-time percentage and customer satisfaction. Food cost and labor costs were reduced while we continued customer satisfaction using proper food usage procedures. I was contacted by the area manager and asked to come to work as the Assistant Manager of the Delco Unit to help with management, food and labor cost issues Lead Shift Manager, January 1990 to January 1994 Lead Shift Manager at two Pizza Hut Restaurant/Carryout locations. In charge of scheduling, food ordering, inventory, morning prepping of product, promotions (door hanging) discipline, hiring and terminations.
- Police Chief at Interlaken Village Police
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
- - Criminal Justice
After thirty years of service, I retired from the Fort Thomas Police Department on July 31, 2018. For the past 24 years, I have worked for the City of Fort Thomas, the last 13 years as Police Chief, managed 23 employees, oversaw a $3.5 million budget, implemented new police improvement plans, and tackled a budget despite state and local funding challenges. In that time, I have implemented and oversaw several new police development structures and programs, never exceeded Council approved budget, restructured the employment of the police department for more optimum service to the public, and oversaw the completion of the remodeled police department. Police Chief Responsibilities highlighted: Report to and work under the limited supervision of the City Administrative Officer, Mayor and Council. Direct twenty-one police officers and one police clerk while overseeing a $3.1 million budget. Responsible for all operations and administration. Establish department policies and develop programs. Developed and coordinate Neighborhood Focus Program. Developed and implemented Neighborhood Watch Programs. Developed and implemented Community Resource Officer Program. Developed and implemented Information & Technology Officer. Plans, organizes and administers the operations and administrative activities of the police department such as scheduling, budgeting, and training.
- Police Chief at City of Fort Thomas
- Accreditation Assessor at Fort Thomas Police Department / KY Association Chiefs of Police
- Police Lieutenant at City of Fort Thomas
- Police Sergeant at City of Fort Thomas
13 years at this Job
- Master Degree in Public Administration - General Public Management
- Bachelor's - Public Administration
- Associate - Criminal Justice
Scheduling, payroll, implement policies, hiring, and general and supervisory police duties. I started as a Sergeant and was promoted to Lieutenant, Captain/ Assistant Chief for 4 years, and Chief.
- Police Chief at Catawba Valley Medical Center
- Public Safety Officer at City Of Morganton
- Police Officer at Siler City PD
- Police Officer at UNC Hospital Chapel Hill
18 years, 4 months at this Job
- Basic Law Enforcement Training - Law enforcement
Greensboro, North Carolina
• 2018-present The power to appoint these special police officers rested with the Governor until 1971, when the special and company police were transferred to the Department of Justice by the State Government Reorganization Act. Assistant Police Chief Strong qualifications in law enforcement, budget oversight, personnel affairs, policy / procedure development, staff training, public safety, emergency response, investigations management, and asset protection. Well-developed leadership and analytical skills as evidenced by an innate ability to continuously improve law enforcement security service operations. Key Highlights:
• Proudly served on Board of Directors as Secretary & Vice Chairperson for the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS Chapter 119) Research Triangle Park for 2016-2018.
• Possess valuable technical writing skills regarding policy development and maintenance.
- Assistant Police Chief at RELIANT SPECIAL POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Corporate Security Project Manager / Regional Security Agent III & Assistant Vice President at WELLS FARGO BANK N.A
- Chief of Police / Administrator at TOWN OF BOLTON POLICE DEPARTMENT, Bolton
- Senior Police Officer / First-line supervisor at TOWN OF CARY POLICE DEPARTMENT, Cary
1 year at this Job
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration - Criminal Justice Administration
• Responsible for budget, planning, supervising, and reviewing the activities of all personnel assigned to Police Department * Coordinated disaster recovery for Hurricane Harvey including documentation for FEMA reimbursement * Develop and manage law enforcement field response during emergency management incidents * Manage and coordinate all law enforcement assignments for Mardi Gras including payroll * Recommend the appointment of potential employees, motivate and evaluate staff performance, develop and implement different methods to combat crime * Assume duties and responsibilities of the Chief of Police in his absence
- Assistant police chief at Port Arthur Police Department
- Deputy Chief at Port Arthur Police Departtment
- Lieutenant at Port Arthur Police Department
- Sergeant at Port Arthur Police Department
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
Chief Executive Officer of Village. Oversee Police, Fire, EMS, Parks and Recreation, Public Works, and Administration. Extensive planning and project management. Community relations. Personnel Administrator. Police Chief (Dual Position) Chief Administrator of Police Department: Policy and procedure administration and development, planning, patrol, investigation, Municipal Court, training and village special events.
- Village Administrator/Police Chief (Dual position) at Village of Maple Bluff
- College Instructor at Madison Area Technical College
- Elected Official at Cambridge School Board
- Assessor at Fox Valley Technical College
17 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice and Political Science
1. Responsible for all administrative and enforcement operations of the Gallaway PD
- Police Chief at Gallaway Police Department
- Chief of Police at Oakland Police Department
- Chief of Police at Rossville Police Department
- Chief of Police at Millington Police Department
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Associates - Criminal Justice
3001 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008
02/2016 - present
Hours per week: 40
Series: 0083 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 11
Supervisory Police Officer (Assistant Police Chief) (This is a federal job)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
• Currently Serving as (Acting) POLICE CHIEF for the National Zoological Park Police (NZPP) November 2017 till July 2018
• As the Assistant Chief of Police I am the Commanding Officer of all of the NZPP, Security and Support Staff for the National Zoological Park and the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute.
• Supervises 2 Police Lieutenants, 7 Police Sergeants, 27 officers, 6 Control Room Operators, 5 Security Contractors and 1 Security Assistant.
• Responsible for the oversight off all administrative functions within the NZPP to include: pay, performance ratings, disciplinary actions, and training.
• Created the first Local SOP for the NZPP.
• Completes the final review of all NZPP criminal investigations.
• Responsible for oversight and coordination with Smithsonian Institution Officer of Facility Management (OFMR,) Friends of the National Zoo (FONZ,) and Senior Park Managers, all construction projects and special events. To include the building of a new police station.
• Implemented Office of Protection Service (OPS) oversight procedures for the electronic security systems (CCure) within the Unit Control Room.
• Implements Incident Command Systems (ICS) for all emergency operations. Planned, implemented and commanded high visibility events in the Washington DC Metro area to include The Easter Monday African American Family day celebration on Easter Monday. Zoo Lights Christmas celebration, Brew at the Zoo, and the Zoofari culinary festival.
• Coordinates public safety cooperation with the community, the Metropolitan Police Department (DCPD), U.S. Park Police, DC Fire and EMS, Metro Transit Police, and Warren County Virginia Sheriffs Office.
• As the Assigned Weekend Manager of the Zoological Park it is my duty to identify any deficiencies, safety hazards or emergency situation to the Senior Leadership. The Weekend Manager also takes immediate action to coordinate with personnel to rectify these problems. And relays all relevant information to The Director of Operations for the Office of Protective Services.
• Commands the Pass and ID section. Supervises and Implements Smithsonian Institution OPS Key control policy as well as the electronic access control. Supervisor: District Manger Terrell Wilson (202) 633-4156 Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Supervisory Police Officer (Assistant Police Chief) at Smithsonian Institute
- Supervisory Physical Security Specialist (Assistant Security Manager) at Smithsonian Institute
- Lieutenant at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Lieutenant at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Police
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Criminal Justice
Supervises the maintenance of law and order on the SUNY New Paltz campus and the enforcement of Federal, State, and local laws as well as the rules and regulations of SUNY and the campus. Develops appropriate preventive and security techniques to control crimes on campus. Reviews all reports submitted by university police personnel concerning incidents and investigations on campus. Acts as a liaison with Federal, State, and local law enforcement officials and agencies to assure a mutual understanding of policies. Supervises the scheduling of personnel in the university police force to assure their efficient deployment. Supervises the background investigations of all applicants for employment with the University Police Department and participates in all phases of the interview process. Acts as a liaison with the SUNY System Administration Coordinator of University Police services in matters concerning recruitment, training and deployment of university police personnel. Ensures that each university police employee receives basic and in-service training as required. Maintains liaison with the campus Office of Student Affairs to assure the accomplishment of university objectives in relation to the University Police Office. Co-Chaired the University’s Emergency Management Team and created the Office of Emergency Management for the University which reports to the Chief of Police.Successfully led the department to New York State Law Enforcement Accreditation in April of 2018. Oversaw a department of 28 with 23 sworn police officers.
- University Police Chief at University Police, State University of New York, College at New Paltz
- Paramedic at New Paltz Rescue Squad
- Detective Sergeant at New Paltz Police Department
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English/Journalism