As a police detective I am responsible for the investigation of crimes reported to the police department; specifically, armed robbery, armed carjacking, assaults in all degree, burglary and theft. Responds to all crime scenes when notified. Contacts and interviews all victims and complainants; takes detailed statements when needed. Locates, contacts, and interviews all available witnesses, including the conducting of neighborhood canvasses when appropriate; takes detailed statements when needed. Searches for, locates, and apprehends wanted persons. Interrogates suspects and/or accused to obtain confessions in cases under investigation, as well as, other criminal activity and/or intelligence information. Completes charging documents, arrest records and other necessary arrest papers; process (fingerprint & photograph) the accused and take him before the Commissioner. Evaluates all incoming intelligence information reference crimes and assists in the dissemination. I have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing, to deal with and assist people of varying backgrounds, to write/prepare a variety of reports, to present evidence in courts, and to carry out complex oral and written instructions. Assists other sections within the Department with varied investigations upon request; assists officers from other jurisdictions with their investigations when conducted within this jurisdiction. Attend court, Circuit, District, and Federal, on and off duty and testify in criminal cases which I have investigated or assisted in the investigation; attends Civil Court as a result of an investigative effort. I frequently act in the absence of the sergeant and assume all duties and responsibilities.
- Police Detective at Prince George's County Police Department
- Police Officer at Howard County Police Department
- Avionics Electronics Technician at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS - Various Locations
20 years, 1 month at this Job
- BA - Criminal Justice
- Transferred to UMD College Park - General Studies
I joined the Canton Police Department in August of 2016 after moving from Fairhope, AL. I was part time, working 40 hours a week, until I completed the North Carolina law enforcement certification process. Upon my completion of my certification, the town was allowed to hire me full time. I was assigned as a patrolman working criminal investigations. On Monday, July 23, 2018, I was promoted to Detective. I am currently assigned to work drug and narcotics investigations. My main tenure involved investigating criminal matters involving felonies, deaths, child abuse, sexual abuse, and other property crimes. Workign for a small town as required me to patrol the Town of Canton and enforced the law of the State of North Carolina. I built relationship with other departments and state agencies, along with many officials in the courts and juvenile justice. I have training in background investigations, property and evidence, crime scene processing, and other various investigations courses. I am currently a certified D.A.R.E. officer.
- Police Detective at Canton Police Department
- Volunteer Firefighter at Fairhope Volunteer Fire Department
- Police Officer at University of West Florida
- State Police Officer at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Workforce and Program Development - Career and Technical Education
- Associate - Arts
General Detective/Criminal Investigator
- Police Detective at Louisville Police Department
- Police Officer at Louisville Police Department
- Police Officer I at Federal Heights Police Department
- Police Officer at Golden Police Department
1 month at this Job
- RADAR/LIDAR Instructor
- Basic Instructor-O.C. Spray
- Basic Police Investigator School Graduate
- Basic Auto Theft Investigator Certification
- Associate's Degree - Criminal Justice
- High School Diploma
• Conduct formal interviews/interrogations with victims, witnesses, and suspects in felony cases
• Solved a cold case homicide that occurred prior to employment as an officer
• Evidence collection and handling
• Assist prosecutors in preparation for and during dozens trials. Act as primary liaison to the local Prosecutor's Office.
• Collaborate with other municipal, state, and federal investigators
• Primary media relations contact
• Complete background investigations on potential fulltime and reserve officers
• Manage a caseload of up to 25 active cases.
• Act as department's primary research and legal detective.
- Police Detective at Criminal Investigations Division, City of Muncie Police Department
- at Uniform Division, City of Muncie Police Department
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor of Arts in History - History
1111 Country Club Rd. Middletown, CT
08/28/98 - 09/01/18
• 6 years performing patrol duties, enforcing criminal and motor vehicles laws, conducting criminal investigations and preparing arrest reports, arrest/search Warrants and various other documents for prosecution.
• Conducting interviews and interrogations of victims, witnesses and suspects in a manner conducive to obtaining accurate and reliable information.
• Providing first responder services of a non-criminal nature, including medical aid and security related services.
• Interacting with and developing professional relationships with other law enforcement agencies (local, state and federal) as a well as community organizations, including schools, social services and elected officials. Connecticut State Police Detective
• 14 years assigned to the Bureau of Criminal Investigations, Casino Unit as a Detective.
• Conducted criminal investigations of a more complex nature, to include fraud (financial and medical), assaults (sexual and physical), forgery, identity theft, larcenies, gaming crimes and human trafficking.
• Drafted detailed arrest reports, search and seizure warrants and arrest warrant applications for prosecution.
• Utilized more specialized investigative methods, including the use of informants, covert surveillance techniques and undercover operations.
• Worked closely with casino security, casino gaming commission, and other local, state and federal agencies including, Secret Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation and Homeland Security.
• Conducted background investigations for gaming license applicants.
- Connecticut State Police Detective at Connecticut State Police Trooper
20 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Criminal Justice
- Master - Forensic Investigations
Police Officer for over 28 years handling emergency situations, work in several other internal departments such as surveillance, street crime, vice and communications unit. Retire as a senior detective
- Retired Police Detective at City of Newark Police Department
- Security Officer (part-time) at Saint Michael's Medical Center
27 years, 9 months at this Job
- AS - Graphic designing
Work that focused on the protection of children and young adults from those seeking to do them harm via technology and the internet.
- Police Detective at Portsmouth, NH Police Department
- Police Officer at District and Superior Court
- Public Safety Dispatcher at
- Police Officer at
11 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
- POLICE DETECTIVE at Bridgeport Police Department
- Scout Commander at SPECIALIZED UNITS
- Active Shooter at SPECIALIZED UNITS
- at Underwater Search & Rescue
8 years at this Job
- Doctorate - Public Administration
- Master's of Science - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor's of Science - Criminal Justice
I worked as a Detective for both the El Paso Police Department Tactical Unit and Criminal Investigations Division. It was my full responsibility to do complete, thorough and accurate investigations. My duties included, but were not limited to, gathering data, canvassing of areas, interviewing witnesses, reviewing audio/video recording for detail, interrogating suspects, accessing and utilizing major databases (i.e. NCIC/TCIC), organizing and balancing a large caseload, completing affidavits and important paperwork and filing it with the courts.
- Police Detective at El Paso Police Department
- Undercover Officer at El Paso Police Department
- Uniformed Police Officer at El Paso Police Department
3 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree - Criminal Justice
- Police Officer \ Police Detective at Hazlet Police Department
23 years, 1 month at this Job