Parliamentary Economic Policy Advisor to Justin Trudeau (Prime Minister, 2015 - Present) 2013 - 2016
• Held international trade file, developing election position on 2016 CA-EU free trade agreement
• Briefed Mr. Trudeau for White House meeting with President Obama's top 2 economic advisors
• Held several senior campaign roles, reporting directly to now-Prime Minister's Chief of Staff
- Parliamentary Economic Policy Advisor to Justin Trudeau at POLICY TEAM, PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE / LIBERAL LEADER'S OFFICE
- Technical Product Manager at AMAZON.COM
- Growth Equity Investor, MBA Intern at CAUSEWAY MEDIA PARTNERS
- Manager of Strategy and Business Development at VERIZON GO90
4 years at this Job
- MBA - Public Administration
- M.Phil. - Development Studies
- B.Sc. - finance, public policy management
Appointed Chief Operating Officer & Senior Policy Advisor to advance priority operational and policy issues.
- Chief Operating Officer & Senior Policy Advisor at Illinois Department of Central Management Services
- Policy Advisor at Office of the Governor Bruce Rauner
- Chief Legal Counsel/Ethics Officer/Chief Results Officer at Illinois Department of Human Rights
- Acting Director at Illinois Department of Central Management Services
1 year at this Job
- M.A. in Labor Relations - Organization and Labor Studies
- J.D. - Law
- B.A. in Political Science and Sociology - Political Science/Sociology
The Foreign Policy Advisor to the US Army Pacific is the senior civilian advisor to the 4-star commander of the 100,000+ personnel Army component of the US Indo-Pacific Command. Participates as a general officer in region-wide planning and execution, and in senior engagements. Advises Commanding Generals and senior officers on US foreign policy, current developments and likely trends in foreign nations affecting the Indo-Pacific region. Principal subject matter expert on foreign policy implications of the US Army's roles, ensuring military objectives are in harmony with policy goals, national values, and international norms. Formulate strategic goals, anticipating the changing security, political, and cultural environment in the region. Maintain deep subject matter expertise and knowledge of political, economic, cultural, religious, ethnic, and general geopolitical trends in the 40 nations of the region. Participate as a principal in conflict and contingency planning, providing diplomatic, economic, and foreign country perspectives. Advise as expert on non-combatant evacuation, conflict prevention, post-conflict stabilization, multilateral and non-governmental organizations, and asymmetric threats. Prepare for assumption of duty as leader of the Combined Joint Task Force - Crisis Response Coordination Group in case of crisis or contingency operations. Brief foreign military and civilian leaders, US senior officials and members of Congress and their staffs. Accompany senior leaders, as principal advisor and participant, to international cabinet and sub-cabinet level engagements, including regional and opposition leaders. Engage Non-Governmental Organizations, ethnic and religious leaders. Counsel security cooperation staff and unit commands on human rights, Leahy Act and regulatory constraints and advise US forces on appropriate use of cyber and space capabilities. Serve as intermediary and focal point for US Army Pacific interaction with the Department of State and 55 US diplomatic posts, ensuring that the US Army Pacific remains ahead of current and imminent events and trends, and intervening where required to socialize Army Pacific priorities with senior State Department, other US agency officials, and decisive elements in other nations.
- FOREIGN POLICY ADVISOR at US ARMY PACIFIC
- FACULTY ADVISOR AND PROFESSOR at US ARMY WAR COLLEGE
- TEAM LEAD at COUNTERNARCOTICS, US EMBASSY KABUL
- COUNSELOR FOR MANAGEMENT at US EMBASSY KUWAIT
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- B.A. - History
CONSULTANT - LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW LAW OFFICES OF DONALD KARPEL
• Principle external advisor on all matters involving labor & employment law, to an established Los Angeles-based law firm with both regional and national components to a full-service, plaintiff-oriented general practice. MANAGING PARTNER THE LAW OFFICES OF A. STEVEN WILKINSON & ASSOCIATES
• Full-service boutique labor & employment law firm, serving as among other things, General Counsel to the Retiree's Division of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, and as a Regional General Counsel to the International Longshoremen's Association. SPEECHWRITER & LABOR POLICY ADVISOR DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE
• Campaign Liaison to local, national and international labor union officials on behalf of a major party candidate, and later speechwriter to this National Presidential Primary Campaign. LABOR POLICY ADVISOR DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE
• Campaign Liaison to local, national and international labor union officials on behalf of a major party candidate, and General Labor Policy Advisor to this National Presidential Primary Campaign. JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL'S DEPARTMENT UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
• Chief Labor Advisor to Lt. General LaVern E. Weber, Commanding General of the National Guard Bureau, Pentagon, Washington, DC.
• Chief Spokesperson in all labor negotiations between the United States of America and 54 National Guard Units, worldwide, on all matters involving the Association of Civilian Technicians and the International Association of Firefighters.
- Consultant, Attorney, Speechwriter, Policy Advisor at See Below
at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - POLITICAL CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- MASTER OF LAWS - LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW
- JURIS DOCTORATE - Law (Completed in 2 years)
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - POLITICAL SCIENCE
Serving the majority caucus as an advisor on policy and the legislative process, while acting as the interconnect between the caucus and all interested parties on various topics.
- Majority Caucus Policy Advisor at The Ohio House of Representatives
- Northeast Ohio Regional Director at Ohio House Republican Organizational Committee
- Campaign Manager at OH-HD50 & OH-HD98
- at Petition Review Team
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science
- Bachelor's - Economics
Research, development and implementation of the State of Illinois autonomous vehicle policy with interagency
working group comprising of the Illinois State Police, Illinois Department of Commerce, Illinois Tollway and more
than a dozen industry and local government stakeholders. Chaired the education committee, developed agendas,
content, minutes and facilitated discussion.
• Write and edit materials that are disseminated with the department on new procedures, policies and upcoming events.
• Manage the implementation of department's internal strategic plan, liaise with over 30 project managers on projects statuses and incorporate their progress into bi-annual report.
• Manage and respond to inquiries from federal, state and local elected officials. Interact with various department offices in gathering information and crafting responses.
• Served on department's Traffic Fatality Reduction Task Force, managed the implementation of traffic fatality awareness day, digital message sign contest and assisted with the distracted driving safety summit.
• Planned and coordinated statewide public outreach on infrastructure priorities with elected officials, business and community leaders. A total of 39 meetings were held in 26 days with approximately 3,000 in attendance.
- Policy Advisor at Illinois Department of Transportation
- Field Office Manager at Citizens for Rauner, Incorporated
- Illinois State Treasurer at
- Government Affairs Intern at Regional Transportation Authority
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - laude, Political Science
Spearhead global/domestic health & development policy research & analysis, key populations advocacy, program development & strategic communications ventures in support of various clients including United Nations agencies, International AIDS Society & an array of civil society, non-profit, and private sector organizations. Design communications, messaging, briefings & well-informed policy & situational analysis in support of client mission. Translate technical reports & policies for broader audiences with a view to inclusion & implementation. Strong focus on empowering & elevating persons from marginalized communities. Recognized expert on issues related to global health financing. · Current Policy Advisor to the International Council of AIDS Service Organizations (ICASO), Toronto, Canada. o Provide strategic & technical oversight to Global Fund advocacy, its mission & key programs in the areas of health policy research & community outreach. o Research & deploy resource mobilization activities. · Current Technical Advisor to the International Treatment Preparedness Coalition – Middle East & North Africa (MENA), Global Fund Regional Platform for Communication and Coordination, Marrakech, Morocco. o Monitor & communicate key policy & programmatic developments to broad multi-lingual audience of grant implementers. o Coordinate research & communication with global network of regional platforms. · Current Senior Correspondent to Aidspan – Global Fund Observer, Nairobi, Kenya. o Research & report on economic, policy & operations issues for defined global audience of health & development professionals. · Shaped Global Fund’s engagement with key & vulnerable populations across $10B portfolio.
- PRIVATE CONSULTANT | POLICY ADVISOR at CHARLIE BARAN CONSULTING, LLC
- SENIOR ADVISOR at MARGE DOYLE FOR CONGRESS
- DIRECTOR OF POLICY at Black AIDS Institute
- DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS at Black AIDS Institute
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Public Health
- Bachelor's - Liberal Arts: Women's Studies & History
Analyze legislative proposals for disability policy impact and furnishes advice on technical accuracy and operating feasibility. Develop and prepares recommendations for legislative proposals initiated within the Administration or pending in Congress.
• Evaluate highly complex suggestions having the potential for major impact on existing policies, procedures, systems and guides for policy and process change
• Plan and direct major projects and broad studies pertaining to the development, evaluation, interpretation and maintenance of disability evaluation policy and procedures for administration at all Federal and State levels of the Social Security Disability Insurance Program and the Supplemental Security Income Program for the blind and disabled under title II and title XVI of the Social Security Act.
• Responds orally and in writing to complex questions concerning the application and interpretation of a national program policy, court cases, related issues. Serve as Agency expert and senior advisor in the disability programs under title II and title XVI of the Social Security Act.
• Initiates and nurture relationships with other government agencies to craft positions on and alternatives for national policies and procedures related to SSA's mission and goals.
• Identifies strategic program policy issues; prepares regulatory and policy proposals and position papers; and recommends alternative solutions identified.
- Policy Advisor at Social Security Administration
- Deputy Director Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Policy at The American Legion
- at The American Legion
- National Appeals Representative, Team Leader at The American Legion
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Secondary Education
• Selected as Leadership for Educational Equity Policy Fellow to serve local education non-profit, Austin Kids First
• Compiled research and drafted memos on bilingual education policy in Austin ISD
• Engaged in local community and school board meetings to seek out information from stakeholders in policy decisions
- Policy Advisor Fellow at Del Valle ISD
- 5th Grade Bilingual Teacher at Del Valle ISD
- Club Supervisor at Coding for Girls Club
- Sponsor at Dragon Network News
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - International Comparative Studies, Latin America
Promote the legislative agenda for an elected State Senator. Analyze and evaluate pending legislation to prepare Senator for policy committee hearings and floor votes. Draft presentation remarks, draft language for press releases. Coordinate with stakeholder organizations. Improve proposed legislative language. Senator's representative in meetings with constituents.
- Sr. Policy Advisor at California State Senate
- Self-Employed at Self-Employed
- Chief Consultant at California State Assembly
- Senior Manager-National State Public Policy and Reimbursement at Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in History/Political Science - History/Political Science