Provided care to new mothers and their infants immediately following the delivery. Monitored mothers to ensure they were recovering proper care, both physically and emotionally. Educated new mothers and fathers on how to care for their infant, including instructions on breastfeeding, bottle feeding, breast feeding, bathing, cord care and circumcision care. Cared for babies and transitioned babies to the first few hours of life. Provided nursing care to newborns. Counseled mothers and parents on newborn nursery nursing care. Provided education and assisted lactation consultants for nursing moms/ infants. Administered therapeutics and ensured quality and comfort services in providing nursing care to newborns/mom's Adhered to state and federal nursing practice guidelines and laws. Coordinated care and teaching to the complicated postpartum patient Managed the care of the newborn infant by providing ongoing assessments until discharge Assessed and promoted maternal infant bonding. Instructed and educated patients and families. Provided care for and support of women after childbirth along with postpartum care until discharge. Initiated discharge planning and provided teaching for patients and families Cared for high risk, postpartum patients, including those on high risk medications, such as magnesium sulfate, insulin, heparin, and pitocin. Provided well baby and uncomplicated postpartum care, involving newborn and mother Performed additional infant testing, such as, blood work for bilirubin levels, PKUs and Glucose levels. Educated and counseled patients on continual care of mother and baby after delivery Educated teen mothers on practicing safe sex and how to care for infant Administered immunizations for mom and baby as ordered
- Postpartum Nurse at St Elizabeth Healthcare Women's Health/ Postpartum Care
- RN at St Elizabeth Healthcare/ Drug and Alcohol Detox Unit
- RN at Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services
- LPN at St. Charles Care Center
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
- Diploma - Nursing
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
• Specialized in postpartum and antepartum physical assessments.
• Assisted new mothers with physical and emotional needs immediately after delivery.
• Educated new mothers and fathers on how to care for their infant including safety, feeding and bathing.
• Skilled in focused newborn assessments.
• Experienced in performing infant tests (NBS, CCHD, TcB, ScB).
• Provided care to newborns under phototherapy.
• Educated and assisted with exclusive breastfeeding.
- Postpartum Nurse at Cox Medical Center South
- Postpartum Graduate Nurse Residency Program at Cox Medical Center South
- Medical-Surgical Cardiac Patient Care Extern at Cox Medical Center South
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Postpartum nurse at Hopital de carefour
- RN Staff Nurse at
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- RN license. - Nursing
- Certificate,nha - Certified clinical medical assistant(CCMA)
Performed physical assessments and treatments of neonates and mothers . Responsible for primary care, lactation teaching, and medication management of 4-5 couplets per shift. . Educate mothers and their families on post-partum care neonatal care. . Member of Nursing Excellence Committee. . Initiated a unit project that brought awareness and education based on evidence-based practice.
- Postpartum nurse at NAPLES COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
- Charge Nurse at PROMISE HOSPITAL
- Staff nurse at GULF COAST MEDICAL CENTER
- Staff nurse at YORK HOSPITAL
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE in NURSING - Nursing
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Nursing
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE - Nursing
• Monitored mothers to ensure they were recovering properly, both physically and emotionally.
• Managed the care of the newborn infant by providing ongoing assessments until discharge.
• Educated new mothers and fathers on how to care for their infant, including instructions on breastfeeding, bottle feeding, bathing, cord care and circumcision care.
- Postpartum Nurse at Foothill Presbyterian Hospital
- Clinical Nurse II -Medical/Surgical Floor at Foothill Presbyterian Hospital
- Homeschool Teacher at Gorman Learning Center
- Bible Study Leader at Grace Church of Glendora
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Provided comprehensive medical care for newborns and mothers in a maternity department
● Evaluating medical care and treatment and improvising them for patients' benefits
● Identified emergency situations and responded in a timely manner
● Educated mothers and fathers of newborns
● Communicated with physicians and nursing staff and providing high-quality patient care
- Postpartum Nurse at Northwest Community Hospital
- Postpartum Nurse at Resurrection Medical Center
- Postpartum Nurse at Saint Anthony
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
• Conducted initial assessment s of patients and unborn babies to determine labor progress and patient history
• Interpreted vital signs and monitors to gauge labor progression and overall stability of patient and unborn child
• Cared for women during pregnancy experiencing complications or at risk for complications
• Prepared operation room and assisted physician during Cesarean deliveries
• Assisted obstetricians in examinations and treatment procedures
• Monitored and assessed patients during postpartum period
• Educated new mothers on lactation techniques and provided guidance during feedings when needed
• Properly educated new mothers on caring for babies
- Labor and Delivery, Antepartum, and Postpartum Nurse at CHI ST. LUKE'S HOSPITAL
- Labor and Delivery Nurse, Antepartum, and Postpartum Nurse at BAYSHORE MEDICAL CENTER
- Medical-Telemetry Nurse at BAYSHORE MEDICAL CENTER
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing
- Associates of Science - Nursing
• Supervises nursing staff, assisting in the development of hospital patient care programs, adjustment of daily staffing needs according to the unit budget, evaluating performances of staff and attending deliveries and admitting newborns.
• Execute nursing responsibility with great care in the maternity unit.
• Ensured safety of both mothers and babies through careful observation.
• Provide lactation services to patients and assisted mothers in overcoming stress.
• Check vital signs of patient and babies regularly and reported to physicians
• Planned patient's discharge needs in consultation with the healthcare team.
- Postpartum Nurse/Charge Nurse at Adventist Health Bakersfield Hospital
- Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery at Adventist Health Bakersfield Hospital
- Registered Nurse Medical at Adventist Health Bakersfield Hospital
- Licensed Vocational Nurse Organ transplant at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing - Nursing
- Associates Degree in Nursing - Nursing
Serve as a bedside OB (antenatal, intranatal and postnatal) nurse in a 20 suite Family Birth Center (LDRP setting) at the largest, Magnet Status hospital in Montana. I fulfill multiple roles including scrub nurse, charge nurse, preceptor, mentor and one of seven staff serving on our OB flight team. Skilled in assessment/interventions of high-risk patients.
- Antepartum, Labor, Delivery, Recovery, and Postpartum Nurse at Billings Clinic Hospital
- Team Lead RN and Wound Care Specialist at Riverstone Health Clinic
- Home Care RN and Wound Care Specialist at Riverstone Home Health
- Bedside nurse at Covenant Health Systems
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Science of Nursing
- Diploma of Nursing
Actively participates in development and implementation of individual treatment plans for patients. Ensure that doctors' orders are effectively carried out, including testing, medical procedures, consultations and stat orders. Perform all newborn care and testing as ordered. Great patient advocate. Key Accomplishments: * Certified lactation educator. * Certified telehealth consultant. * AWHONN fetal heart monitoring.
- Fulltime Acute Care Postpartum Nurse at Cambridge Hospital
- Fulltime Acute Care Registered Nurse Postpartum-Travel at Cambridge Hospital
- Fulltime Registered Nurse Instructor at Cambridge Hospital
- Registered Nurse Instructor at Alaska Vocational Technical School
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Doctor - Nursing Practice
- Masters - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science