- Assisted with mechanical assembly and electrical testing of 45 kW elevator drives - Used Altium board layout software to design circuit boards for testing prototype power solutions - Generated three-dimensional electrical and mechanical component models in SolidWorks - Updated schematics for high-power IGBT and SCR-based circuits - Compiled bills of materials for high-power electronics assemblies - Wrote work station instructions for various assembly and electrical testing procedures
- Power Electronics Engineer at Powerex Inc.
- Fetal Electrocardiogram Signal Processing Researcher at Pennsylvania State University College of Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Intern (PCB Design) at Ardara Technologies
8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
Developed long term power converter design schedule for naval radar system with team lead to establish common goals and priorities between electrical and software engineers
• Simulated and analyzed characteristics of isolated and non-isolated DC-DC switched-mode power converters through modeling software to test compatibility of given specifications and control algorithm
- Power Electronics Engineer at Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division
- System Engineer at Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division
- IT Consultant and Department Support at Technology Services, OnSite Consultant
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
• Performed product development on self-oscillating electronic ballasts to dramatically reduce cost - required design margin, evaluation and qualification of low-cost components. Also conducted product accelerated life test that required monitoring of component degradation over time.
• Heavily involved in dimmable electronic lamp design, specifically front-end converter design (boost) to interface with a phase-cut dimmer. Required knowledge of dimmer constraints and adhering the converter to those through breadboard evaluation and SPICE simulation. Also required knowledge of EMI filter design, magnetics design, and control loop design.
• Worked with integrated circuit team on defining chip to control the dimmable lamp and perform necessary functions (front-end control, class D inverter control, dimming control, etc.). Built up IC definition blocks in SIMPLIS simulator and delivered blocks to IC team to show how the chip needed to function in order to interface with electronic ballast correctly and efficiently. Also compiled datasheet and drafted required specifications for IC. Required deep experience in SIMPLIS.
• Evaluated first silicon revision of integrated circuit with senior engineer to identify bugs and see how the IC interfaced with the application circuit (dimmable electronic ballast). Required deep knowledge of IC design, as well as various troubleshooting skills and some I2C communication to IC. Also required great care in developing test procedures as ICs were easily prone to be damaged from EOS (electrical overstress).
• Involved in development of new circuit topology to attempt to reduce cost of dimmable lamp technology - conducted life test for ISM-band frequency class E inverters. Required knowledge of class E technology (time-domain analysis and frequency-domain analysis), and how tolerance stackup affected circuit performance.
- Power Electronics Engineer at Lucidity Lights, Inc
- Product Engineer at SynQor, Inc
- Sales & Marketing/Engineering Intern at Dynapower Company, LLC
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
• Currently in-charge of implementing a full knowledge transfer of operation of fully automated Test fixtures, to manufacturing facility for Quality control of SunTech's products.
• Developed fully automated Test fixtures (with automated Excel Data Acquisition feature) for End-of-line quality control in Manufacturing of trademarked SunTech products.
• Developed an interim manual Functional Test fixture for Production Testing. Developed ST microcontroller Test code. Designed the test fixture PCB. Developed the Test setup and flow process for implementation at Premier Manufacturing facility at Frederick, Colorado. Transferred the knowledge to the facility.
• Developed semi-automated Final Test setup for UL required short circuit test and overload test.
• Assisted in UL witness testing for UL standards- 1741 and 61800.
• Optimized End-of-line assembly process for two different products. Transferred the knowledge to Manufacturing facility.
• Act as primary engineer to make custom-designed products for select customers.
- Power Electronics Engineer at SunTech Drive
- Technical Management Trainee at Tata Steel
10 months at this Job
- Master's - Power Electronics
• Hardware design including bus bars, gate drivers and filters, and also the development of a control scheme based on DSP TMS320F288335 for 10kVA fuel cell based UPS. This UPS consists of isolated interleaved DC/DC converter and three-phase inverter..
• Design and development of new multi-output converters for energy storage systems based on Microbial Electrosynthesis Stack.
• Construction of hardware of 5kVA grid-converter and design its control scheme in dSPACE-1103 for microgrid lab.
• Implementation of Hardware in the loop for 100kVA grid-connected converter with OPAL 4510+
- Senior R&D Power Electronics Engineer at Renewable Electrical Energy Systems
- at Construction 1.5MW
- special physical structure and gate driver at Construction 1.5MW
- R&D Engineer at JDEVS Company
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering - Power Electronics
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Design of utility grade inverters for battery storage and solar applications (80KW to 2MW Range)
• Leading the effort of hardware design for products until design goes into production.
• Circuits design for IGBT gate drives and control boards application.
• AC Filter design calculation and verification using simulation tools like matlab, spice.
• Selection and design of filter components like inductors, capacitors and common mode chokes.
• Reliability analysis of the components used for product design.
• Handling product certification for UL, IEC safety and grid code standards.
• Writing test plans for board level and system level tests for testing team.
• Providing support for field failure root cause analysis.
- Senior R&D Engineer Power Electronics Design at Parker Hannifin
- Project Engineer Energy Storage Systems at Parker Hannifin
- Lead Hardware Design Engineer at Skiva Technologies
- Lead Power Electronics Engineer at Boulder Wind Power
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering - Resonant Converter Technology
- Bachelor of Electrical and electronics Engineering - Electrical and electronics Engineering
JPSS-1) low voltage power supply design and WCA; Magnetospheric Multi-scale (MMS) Hot Plasma Composition Analyzer (HPCA) high and low voltage power supply design, simulations, and WCA; Magnetospheric Multiscale (MMS) Fast Plasma Instrument (FPI) Dual Electron Spectrometer (DES) and Dual Ion Spectrometer (DIS) high voltage power supply design, simulations, and WCA; Juno Jovian Auroral Distributions Experiment (JADE) high voltage power supply design and simulations; Space and Atmospheric Burst Reporting System (SABRS) high voltage power supply design, simulations, and WCA; Start from a Rotating Field mass spectrometer (STROFIO) high voltage power supply and 6 phase RF amplifier (amplitude and frequency control) design and worst case analysis; EPRI ZED Meter Impulse Generator; Columbia Space Shuttle analog/digital hybrids design and WCA; MD-11, B-757, B-767 commercial avionics; F-15, F-18, F-18, C-17, Harrier VSTOL, AH-64 Apache Helicopter military avionics; M-60 Army Tank SMPS; Washington DC Area Metro Transit Authority fare card reader, and assistance on other projects, Microsoft and Cisco network engineering; Residential radiant heating system design and installation; residential and commercial architectural design 11/11 - 11/12 Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp, Boulder, CO ∗ Power electronics engineer for low voltage power supply (LVPS) design, development, analysis, simulations, and testing ∗ Forward and fly-back converter topologies powering Hi-Rel weather satellite communications electronics ∗ Magnetic component design; forward/fly-back transformers, coupled inductors, current transformers, and differential/common mode inductors ∗ Design input filtering for compliance with conducted/radiated emissions and conducted susceptibility ∗ Inrush current limit circuit design ∗ Create and apply SPICE analog behavioral models; PWM, averaged switch models, precision voltage regulators, voltage comparators, logic, etc ∗ Average switch models for small (bode) and large signal simulations (time domain) ∗ SPICE simulation of triple converter PWA with output voltage sequencing, power-on reset, under-voltage lock-out, and over-voltage shut-down, simultaneously ∗ Fast over-voltage clamp for FPGA and memory protection in case of power supply over-voltage condition ∗ Parts stress analysis, extreme value analysis, and Monte Carlo analysis
- MD-11, B-757, B-767 commercial avionics at Joint Polar Satellite System
- Power electronics engineer at Southwest Research Institute
- Power electronics engineer for industrial heavy equipment at Phoenix International
- Network engineer at CDE Integrated Systems Inc
1 year at this Job
- B.S. - Electronics Technology
- - Electronics Technology
Contributed for the continuous improvement projects for drive logic design and development, DoE, validation test procedures, risk assessment, functional safety and prototype field trials of the electrical drive system of 2MW and 3MW (220 ton to 383 ton class) mining trucks. Performance improvements of dynamic braking, traction slip slide control, anti-roll back and stop control at ramps, ground fault early detection to avoid major power component damage etc. Manages a fuel efficient truck operation project for a complete haul cycle from conceptual phase to field trials. Contributed as the drive team lead in a cross-functional team on various design integration projects with new or improved components systems including AFE technology, trolley operated trucks and High Altitude truck operations. Responsible for the whole drive system improvements starting from engine interface with traction alternator through rectifiers to power stacks, traction motors, grid- box performance and the auxiliary drives control. Contributed for Arc Flash Study, ISO compliance verification for rotating machines. System, sub-system and component level test designs for hardware in Loop simulations. Produced Specifications for the major drive system components to logic control specifications including the AFE generator control logic. Produced technical instructions (TI) documents for design integration of drive system components and control logic interface with other subsystems of the truck. Contributed for fault handling, detection, diagnostics of SFG SYEDA FATIMA GHOUSIA SENIOR ELECTRICAL DRIVES ENGINEER |www.linkedin.com/in/ dr-syeda-fatima-ghousia-5608bb1b EMAIL TWITTER HANDLE TELEPHONE LINKEDIN URL 2 desk for Hardware in Loop (HIL) testing etc. Power Electronics (gate driver, FPGA) programming tools such as Xilinix, Can Analyzer, Vector dbc files Data Analysis tools: Infield, GlyphWorks, MS Office, Excel, and Access etc. ERP, BaaN PLCs: Kontron, Janztech, Hilscher, ABB, Siemens Active Front End (AFE) Technology drive system and other sub systems such as hydraulic faults, maintenance, networking and other nuisance faults. Contributed for the troubleshooting advisor documents. Responded to field issues PIR (Product Incident Reports), PAR (Product Assembly Reports) and customer requirements via proposed corrective actions etc.
- SENIOR ELECTRICAL DRIVES ENGINEER at LIEBHERR USA, NN, VA
- RESEARCH ENGINEER at CHARGE LABS
- Project Manager at
- SENIOR ELECTRONICS ENGINEER at PAKISTAN INSTITUTE OF
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- PHD - Electrical Power Engineering
- MASTERS OF ENGINEERING - Electrical Power Engineering
- M. SC. - ENGINEERING
- B. E. - ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- Teaching in the areas of Electrical Engineering and Power Electronics. - Circuit 1 (Lecture and Lab) - Magnetic - Digital Electronics
- Visiting Assistant Professor at Florida Poly Technic University
- Assistant Professor at Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Tech Professional at Halliburton
- Sr. Power Electronics Engineer at Siemens
7 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Automotive Power Electronics
- Masters of Engineering - Power Electronics and Motor Drives
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
Design of low voltage traction motors for people mover and light rail applications. System design for power electronic and associated equipment to meet customer requirements for performance and availability.
- Senior Engineer at Bombardier
- Senior Electrical Engineer at ABB
- Power Electronics Engineer at GE ENERGY
- Drive Engineer at SIEMENS
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering