I worked in the Power Electronics team for Hybrid Vehicles. In a hybrid vehicle, Inverter is the link between the AC traction motors and DC power storage that is the Battery unit. My role as a Power electronics Engineer was the design and selection of Inverter power module on the basis of electrical and thermal parameters for various hybrid cars.
- Power Electronics Engineer at General Motors Technical Centre, India
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- PhD - Material Science, Engineering and Commercialization
- Master's - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
- Assisted with mechanical assembly and electrical testing of 45 kW elevator drives - Used Altium board layout software to design circuit boards for testing prototype power solutions - Generated three-dimensional electrical and mechanical component models in SolidWorks - Updated schematics for high-power IGBT and SCR-based circuits - Compiled bills of materials for high-power electronics assemblies - Wrote work station instructions for various assembly and electrical testing procedures
- Power Electronics Engineer at Powerex Inc.
- Fetal Electrocardiogram Signal Processing Researcher at Pennsylvania State University College of Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Intern (PCB Design) at Ardara Technologies
8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
● Manufactured single phase and three phase Thyristor based AC power controllers, ranging from 20 Amps to 200 Amps for heat treatment applications.
● Studied and implemented PID Controllers in order to set the temperature values for the Thyristor based AC Power Controllers.
● Performed preliminary tests, like Transformer wiring, Current Transformer (C.T.) wiring and T/T Block wiring on new Thyristor Units.
● Conducted load tests on the Control Card, by setting the current limit, signal reference (4-20 mA DC), checking the single phase trip and overload trip.
● Serviced the Control Card in a systematic way by inspecting the various causes for failure like continuity of the signal between input and output in all the three phases (R, Y & B).
● Checked the voltage levels and resistance values in the various female connectors and ensured that they matched the values given in the datasheet.
● Identified the different reasons for when the output was either erratic, full or zero and successfully troubleshooted the same.
- Power Electronics Engineer at Sudarshan Electronics
- Volunteer at Sudarshan
11 months at this Job
- Masters - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
· Design of PI, PID controller for DC-DC converters and simulation through LTSpice/SiMetrix-Simplis Elements. · Test the waveforms, phase margin and cross-over frequencies through Oscilloscope/Waveform analyzer. · Test and characterize analog and digital components and integrate them in the system. · Supervise and implement the control through AVR mega, TI MSP43o and 8051 microcontrollers using embedded C.
- Power electronics engineer at Integra Technologies
- Research Student at Michigan Technological University
9 months at this Job
- MS Electrical Engineering - Embedded Systems
Next Generation Motive Power Battery Charger ▪ Built topology simulation for AC/DC power converter with closed loop control design algorithm. ▪ Performed design trade-offs based on efficiency, cost-effective and specifications requirement. ▪ Performed efficiency calculation, root cause analysis, selected component, upgraded codes. ▪ Coordinated with team on module test, documented test plans and validation reports.
- Sr Power Electronics Engineer at EnerSys Delaware Inc.
- Research Engineer at Eaton Corporation
- Research Assistant at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Electrical Engineer at Rockwell Automation
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- MS - Electrical Engineering
- MS - Physics
- BS - Applied Physics
Led, Managed and built power electronics team of multi disciplinant mechanical, electrical, control and software.
➢ Researched, designed and led Motor Inverter design for DO160 DO178C and DO254
➢ Participated in design review, system specification, components selections such as Motors, Motor controllers and over all control systems.
➢ Led and designed BLDC Motor controllers 500W-250KW
➢ Designed DC/DC converters, DC-AC inverters, and AC-DC rectifier for medium to high voltages.
➢ Designed hardware digital and analog circuits, Gate drive, power supply, discharge circuit for converters, inverters, battery chargers.
➢ Used Systems and circuit simulation using tools like Matlab/Simulink, LTSPICE, Maxwell, Solidworks and Ansys Simplorer, SABER. Designed several Schematics and PCB design layout using Altium
➢ Researched on EV and Energy market potential.
➢ Designed DC-DC converter with high efficiency of 98% for high power application of 80KW.
➢ Designed magnetic component such as inductors & transformers.
➢ Designed and led motor controller designs up to 150KW using direct liquid cooled IGBT for Electric Vehicle using permanent magnet and induction motors.
➢ Build power systems distributions rating up to 3MW and 1000VDC
➢ Used technologies such as IGBT, SiC, MOSFET, GaN, film capacitors, bus bar, and DSP
➢ Design Energy storage systems in KW, MW/MWh.
➢ Designed hardware digital and analog circuits, gate drive, power supply, discharge circuit for converters, inverters, battery chargers.
➢ Responsible to reduce the cost of Product line by having alternative design.
➢ Automotive design validation (DV) and process evaluations (PV), PPAP.
➢ Worked with communication topologies, Protocols such as CAN, MODBUS, RS485, Powerlink, and EtherCAT.
➢ Perform R&D testing to optimize performance and passed the standard, EMC, EMI, ESD, performance analysis, meet IPC610, IPC2221, UL840, UL1741, and IEEE1547, UN DOT 38.3, DO-178 and DO-254 Key accomplishments: - Designed a DC-DC converter with 98% efficiency for 80KW. - Designed IGBT gate drive for 150KW inverter. - Designed 1kw solar inverter - Successfully optimize 10kw design to pass EMI requirements for Aerospace.
- Chief Consulting Engineer of Power Electronics and Controls at Costout Engineering, Inc
- Sr. Staff Power Electronics Engineer at Aerovironment, Inc
- Power Electronics Manager at Coda Energy
- Sr. Power Electronics Engineer at
9 years at this Job
- Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Masters - Design Project
Provide high level sustainability and development to avionics products.
- Electronics Engineer at Lockheed Martin
- Electronics Engineer at Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Electrical Engineer at United Technologies Aerospace Systems
7 months at this Job
- - Power Electronics
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
Contributed for the continuous improvement projects for drive logic design and development, DoE, validation test procedures, risk assessment, functional safety and prototype field trials of the electrical drive system of 2MW and 3MW (220 ton to 383 ton class) mining trucks. Performance improvements of dynamic braking, traction slip slide control, anti-roll back and stop control at ramps, ground fault early detection to avoid major power component damage etc. Manages a fuel efficient truck operation project for a complete haul cycle from conceptual phase to field trials. Contributed as the drive team lead in a cross-functional team on various design integration projects with new or improved components systems including AFE technology, trolley operated trucks and High Altitude truck operations. Responsible for the whole drive system improvements starting from engine interface with traction alternator through rectifiers to power stacks, traction motors, grid- box performance and the auxiliary drives control. Contributed for Arc Flash Study, ISO compliance verification for rotating machines. System, sub-system and component level test designs for hardware in Loop simulations. Produced Specifications for the major drive system components to logic control specifications including the AFE generator control logic. Produced technical instructions (TI) documents for design integration of drive system components and control logic interface with other subsystems of the truck. Contributed for fault handling, detection, diagnostics of SFG SYEDA FATIMA GHOUSIA SENIOR ELECTRICAL DRIVES ENGINEER |www.linkedin.com/in/ dr-syeda-fatima-ghousia-5608bb1b EMAIL TWITTER HANDLE TELEPHONE LINKEDIN URL 2 desk for Hardware in Loop (HIL) testing etc. Power Electronics (gate driver, FPGA) programming tools such as Xilinix, Can Analyzer, Vector dbc files Data Analysis tools: Infield, GlyphWorks, MS Office, Excel, and Access etc. ERP, BaaN PLCs: Kontron, Janztech, Hilscher, ABB, Siemens Active Front End (AFE) Technology drive system and other sub systems such as hydraulic faults, maintenance, networking and other nuisance faults. Contributed for the troubleshooting advisor documents. Responded to field issues PIR (Product Incident Reports), PAR (Product Assembly Reports) and customer requirements via proposed corrective actions etc.
- SENIOR ELECTRICAL DRIVES ENGINEER at LIEBHERR USA, NN, VA
- RESEARCH ENGINEER at CHARGE LABS
- Project Manager at
- SENIOR ELECTRONICS ENGINEER at PAKISTAN INSTITUTE OF
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- PHD - Electrical Power Engineering
- MASTERS OF ENGINEERING - Electrical Power Engineering
- M. SC. - ENGINEERING
- B. E. - ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
• Power supply analysis/design/simulation including AC-DC and DC-DC.
• FEA analysis (Ansys HFSS Transient) for crosstalk reduction on high frequency busses
• Failure Analyses, component and system level
• Power consumption measurement automation at subassembly level
- Senior Electrical Engineer at HP Inc
- Power Electronics Engineer (contract) at Aerojet/Rocketdyne
- Power Electronics Engineer at Vestas Technology R&D
- Woodward Governor at
7 years at this Job
- - How to Design Magnetic Components for Power
- Master of Science - specialty Physics of Semiconductor Devices
Contract) ♦ Developed trade studies to select best DIS µprocessor for specific applications ♦ Designed hardware safety circuits that worked in parallel with µprocessors as back up. ♦ Developed motor control system and power supply for military application ♦ Use Mentor Graphics for schematic capture and PCB layout ♦ Transferred schematics from Eagle to Mentor Graphics
- Principle Electrical Engineer at Northrup Grumman
- Senior Power Conversion Engineer at General Dynamics
- Senior Electrical Engineer at Optolum Inc
- Prep team member at Sam's Club
9 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science and Engineering