Experienced medical professional with over 15+ years of experience. Diverse skill-set that combines deep medical knowledge, strong leadership qualities and exceptional communication skills. Unique ability to transform the workplace from the inside-out, improving employee morale, patient satisfaction and bottom-line revenues. 02-2018 - The Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Present Practice Administrator
- Practice Administrator at The Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- High school
• Implemented programs that resulted in $35k savings through better utilization of surgery gases, renegotiated credit card fees, "buying group" pricing for supplies, payroll management, and change in tax status.
• Implemented innovative marketing techniques that resulted in increased revenue of $125k in 2012. Speaking engagement attendance increased from 3 to 80+.
• Through collaboration with medical support team instituted Care Credit payment option that resulted in increased revenue and patient satisfaction.
• Eligible for MGMA Practice Administrator exam.
- Practice Administrator at Grand Strand Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Accountant at Waccamaw Land & Timber
- Corporate Controller at Resort Restaurants of Myrtle Beach
- Corporate Controller at Hooters Air
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
Medical Practice Administrator for 10 plus years in the medical specialty field. Credentialing, sucessful implimentation of 3 new practice management systems over the years and 1 new EMR system, Full cycle billing, clinical work, pre-authorizations, referrals, specialty medication ordering, surgery scheduling, answering phones, managing employees, employee training, payroll reports, quarterly B&O reports, denial management of claims.
- Practice Administrator at Eye Care and Surgery, P.A
- Practice Administrator at Retina Specialists, PLLC
4 months at this Job
- None - Health Information Management
- Associate - Medical Assisting/Office Technology
• Built solid accounts receivable team that increased collection rates and reduced AR Days
• Reduced staff turnover throughout the organization
• Contributed to the addition of several new lines of business (home infusion, telemedicine, wound care) that increased owners’ income without adding to their time commitments
• Significantly improved financial and operational reporting to give the group a better insight into the profitability of its various lines of business.
• Assured medical group of PQRS and MIPS success
• Helped group through TCPi transformation and brought in $38,000 in grants to help support those efforts
• Helped to successfully transition group into an existing multi-specialty practice in 2018-19 to take advantage of additional affiliated revenue opportunities, an enhanced fee schedule, and better negotiating strength with primary insurance carriers
• Enhanced group’s ability to communicate safely, securely and quickly by helping to develop hospital rounding and billing data capture and implementing secure texting and email within the organization.
• Significantly improved vendor and consultant relationships Job responsibilities
• Practice Administrator, Accountant, HR Director, IT Manager, Contract Negotiator, Recruiter
- Practice Administrator at Threlkeld, Threlkeld & Omer, PLLC
- Owner, IntegriSystems, Inc. at IntegriSystems, Inc
- Chief Information Officer, Financial Services Director MedPartners / Premier Practice Management / Health First Medical Group at Health First Medical Group / MedPartners / Premier Practice Management
- at Price Waterhouse
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- BBA, Summa Cum Laude graduate - Accounting
January 2019 - Present Primary Pediatrics Medical Group Oakland, CA
At Primary Pediatrics Medical Group - responsible for the overall functioning of the organization to include financial management, and the establishment/direction of the overall goals, policies, and procedures for the Practice.
• Prepare and analyze financial reports (profit and loss, etc.), reimbursements, budgeting, and forecasting - and reports results to the physician partners.
• Developed and implemented revenue cycle and accounts receivable management, established internal controls for cash flow management.
• Prepared ad hoc financial analysis for specific goals (e.g. capitation versus fee-for-service, etc.).
• Work in conjunction with the accountant and accounting assistant to reconcile 6 bank accounts and manage the QuickBooks data.
• Facilities oversight (maintenance, housekeeping, repairs) with Site Coordinators; procure additional or alternate site(s) as directed.
• Review insurance policies for coverage and cost (medical malpractice, property, etc.).
• Maintain current Policy and Procedure Manual for all operational areas including billing, insurance, credit, collections, data processing, and clinical processes with the goal of providing guidance to staff and consistency among offices.
• Various additional financial and operational duties as necessary to the success of the practice.
- Practice Administrator at Primary Pediatrics Medical Group
- Director, Center Operations at Concentra Medical Center
- Pacific Specialist at Surgical Center LLC
- Manager at Release of Medical Information
2 months at this Job
- - Healthcare Management
- - Business Administration
GA (+Alpharetta, Lawrenceville, Athens locations) Practice Administrator for Northside Women's Specialists and Maternal Fetal Specialists * High-level oversight of 2 specialty, 6 office practice with total of 24 providers * Manage 14 direct reports with total team of 90 * Efficiently direct all activities in compliance with corporate, local, state and federal laws and regulations * Manage budget of $30M
- Practice Administrator at Northside Women's Specialists and Maternal Fetal Specialists
- Office Manager at WMG South Cobb OBGYN
- Programs Coordinator at Academia of Women's Health
- Administrative Assistant at Davita, Inc
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Doctor of Business Administration - Healthcare
- Master of Arts - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Revenue Cycle Manager
• Management of the overall practice related to the business and non-clinical operations
• Long range and strategic planning with practice leadership
• Supervision, staffing, training and compliance of staff
• Responsible for cash flow management, capital expenditure planning and budgeting & forecasting
• Assist provider staff with business issues and non-clinical concerns including patients’ concerns and customer service issues
• Ensure practices maintain compliance with federal and state employment laws, and government mandated policies are enforced
• Attendance at provider meetings, follow-ups on assigned action items, and maintenance of records
• Oversight of weekly medical supplies purchases
• Revenue Cycle Management Oversight
• Oversight of patient scheduling, collections and copays and balances
• Process all AP invoices weekly
• Ensure compliance with all new hire and onboarding processes
• Process bi-weekly payroll in ADP, Trinet, Justworks systems
• Monthly meetings with clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure all oversights are monitored and accounted
- Practice Administrator at Oasis Medical
- Billing and Collections Manager at Inimeg Management
- Billing and Collections Manager at Inimeg management
- Accounts Receivable Manager at Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Education
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, Medical Director and the Regional VP, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, as the Practice Administrator I was responsible for the oversight of practice operations for multiple clinical locations. Responsibilities included : Recommending practice objectives to ensure financial profitability through strategic planning in order to meet the long term goals of the local practice and the corporation and managing local office staff where appropriate.
• Evaluated local business conditions as they relate to practice operations and advises Medical Director of such.
• Developed and implemented policies and procedures specific to the operation of the local practice. Ensured compliance within the practice of the policies and procedures.
• Delegated responsibilities to staff and department supervised as necessary.
• Maintained a working relationship with external contacts such as managed care representatives and hospital administrators.
• Ensured that all practice activities are in compliance with corporate, practice, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Oversaw the management of staffing needs for the practice by ensuring the availability of properly trained personnel.
• Ensured practice compliance with legal requirements related to OSHA, EEO, TEFRA, ERISA, and Wage and Hour. Directed the preparation of information required by the Compliance Department and ensured that all staff is properly educated as directed by the Compliance Department.
• Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, assessing and communicating practice progress.
• Oversaw the preparation of management reports as requested by the Medical Director or corporate personnel.
• Conducted appropriate performance evaluations and recommend merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
• Attended practice administrative meetings with Physicians and Medical Director as required by the Medical Director.
• Oversaw the development and coordination of new office locations and their needs as required.
• Ensured the coordination of payroll functions and personnel records. Assisted with benefits, personnel issues, and special projects as assigned.
• Oversaw the management of petty cash.
• Attended meetings and participated on committees as requested.
• Maintained a working relationship with the Managed Care Specialists to assist as needed in local contract negotiations.
• Maintained a working relationship with the Regional Patient Accounts Director and appropriate regional staff to assure that coding, charge capture, and charge entry is current and accurate.
• Assisted in establishing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems for the assigned administrative areas.
• Participated in the development and implementation of long range plans and budgets.
• Oversaw the recruiting, hiring and interviewing of staff.
• Oversaw the coding, charge capture, and charge entry process to assure that billing is current and accurate.
• Performed other duties as assigned or requested.
- PRACTICE ADMINISTRATOR at KIDNEY ASSOCIATES
- REIMBURSEMENT MANAGER at HEALIX INFUSION THERAPY
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in Healthcare - management
- ASSOCIATES in Medical Billing & Coding - MEDICAL INVOICING
• Act as Practice Administrator for an office of Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
• Direct supervision of non-clinical employees.
• Responsible for the daily non-clinical operations; including ordering, budget, patient satisfaction, non- clinical team selection, performance, development, and other business related functions.
• Provide superior patient service demonstrating responsiveness and sensitivity to patient needs with urgency to resolve any patient dissatisfaction in accordance with patient needs, company policies and procedures, government regulations and dental board standards.
• Earn positive feedback from patients, visitors, physicians, patient care units and employees through customer service, satisfaction surveys and constructive feedback.
• Govern cross-training efforts in other functions.
• Act as Treatment Plan Coordinator and Patient Service Representative (PSR) backup.
• Responsible for Time and Attendance for all staff.
• Manage reporting to insure the practice meets budget.
• Conduct powerful team huddles; includes communicating vision, providing clarity, and demonstrating unity.
• Lend a wide variety of support to Doctors, Office Managers, Directors, Regional Managers, clinical and non-clinical staff within Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
- Practice Administrator at ASPEN DENTAL
- Department Support Coordinator at SOUTHEAST GEORGIA HEALTH SYSTEM
- Administrative Assistant/Precertification Specialist at SOUTHERN ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION
- ASSOCIATE OF ARTS - GENERAL STUDIES
OB/GYN Practice Administrator with direct management of 2 offices and 7 healthcare providers. Supervision and assignment of duties for 32 office staff. Managed and maintained calendars for providers. Prepared physician call schedules and office templates. Responsible for payroll, hiring, performance, and all disciplinary measures of staff. Acting liaison between the corporate office and our practice. Prepared and conducted monthly staff and provider meetings. Approved all office ordering and bill paying. Scheduled equipment inspections in addition to repairs. Responsible for monthly visit and financial reports. Maintained all provider medical license and DEA's as well as office certifications such as SCOPE and AIUM. Areas of achievement in my 14 years included the organization and opening of 2 offices, including expansion of the provider and staff teams. Executed the implementation of 3 different EMR systems. Was successful in office certification for AIUM and SCOPE. Developed many great working relationships within our company as well as the hospitals.
- Practice Administrator at Women's Care Enterprises, LLC
- Office Manager at The Reproductive Medicine Group
- Office Manager at John J. DeVito, O.D., Inc
13 years, 11 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- - Corporate Accounting
- - Accounting