Long Prairie, MN
Fibre Disk Operator- 3M Alexandria, MN
Prepress Technician - Forum Printing Detroit Lakes, MN
Prepress Manager - Forum Printing Wadena, MN
Prepress Technician - Banta Publications Long Prairie, MN
Farming 1994 - present
Prepress Technician - Quebecor Printing St. Cloud, MN
Prepress Camera / Stripping / Press - Bankers Systems St. Cloud, MN
Design and Layout - Gronseth Service Directory, St. Cloud, MN
• Responsible for transitioning all jobs from Wadena plant to Detroit Lakes during plant closure.
• Training Customer Service, Prepress, Billing on new jobs in Detroit Lakes plant.
• Developed and implemented workflows, quality control, and standard operating procedures.
• Assist and train customers in developing new workflows and correct file design.
• Transitioned customer from conventional camera ready keylines to print ready pdfs for digital output.
• Startup second shift prepress and responsible for training, scheduling and job planning.
• Developing and implementation of quality control process for image setters, camera, color proofing, plate burners and developers.
• Research, purchase and implementation of color proofing system.
• Design and implement wpc register system and color bars for press. Skills and Experiences:
• Maintenance and operation of various presses, AB Dick 360, Hamada, Chief, Kord.
• Quality control and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Design and layout.
• Job planning for prepress, press and bindery.
• Maintenance schedule for image setter, film processors, plate burners and plate processors and color proofers.
• Evaluating and testing new products.
• Proficient on Rampage, Prinergy, Pitstop, Preps, and various desktop programs. Proficient on Mac, PC, and Unix platforms and various related applications.
• Preflight customer files and prepare for output to ctp and related proofing devices.
• Maintenance and calibration of image setters, color proofers, and rips.
• Proficient on Mac, PC, and Unix platforms and various related applications. Personal interest and pursuits:
• Owning and operation of a grain and cattle farm.
• Maintenance and repairs of buildings, water and heating systems.
• Production and marketing of grain and cattle.
• Care and calving for beef herd and raising replacement heifers.
• Vaccinations and related health care for animals.
• Maintenance and repairs of farm equipment, use of related hand tools.
• Operation of tractor, loaders, planting, tillage, haying, and harvesting equipment
• Little League Coordinator, set up Little League season, schedule and facilitate coaches meetings, game schedules, tryouts, ball fields, umpires and responsible for operating budget, purchase of related equipment.
• Coaching of youth baseball and football.
- Prepress Technician at LSC Communications
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Management
- - Graphic Arts
Mac operator / Platemaker / Proof-reader Preflighting Files / Preparing 1-ups and Layouts using ESKO software. Taking final 1-ups and creating layouts for prepress / Creating CB files for blankets / Drawing Layout vinyls and cutting blankets Fill-in platemaker - in making and inspecting for KBA Presses.
- Prepress Technician at Cartamundi USA
- AAA DigitalMedia & PreMedia Design at Self Employed
- Prepress Technician at RR Donnelley / Meisel
- Prepress Technician at Superior Graphics
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school
• Load customer supplied electronic files for output, onto the Prepress file server.
• Check customer's electronic files for completeness and potential problems.
• Identify missing or problematic components and communicate them to the CSR, customer, and production personnel.
• Page layout and some design, as needed.
• Set up variable print jobs.
- Prepress Technician at Jita Printing
- Matrix Board Operator at Reliant/NRG Stadium
- Desktop Publisher at PBK Architects
- Sales Technical Support at Oyo Instruments
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Graphic Design
I started by working in the warehouse and prepress floor but advanced to prepress design. Originally my duties included running large scale printers, quality checks and basic warehouse duties. When I was promoted my duties included typesetting and design work.
- Prepress Technician at HotScedules
- Aquatics Manager at Petco
- Sales Associate at Michaels
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- Some college - Design
- Graphic re-design for folding cartons - Prepress Technician - "Pre-flight" files submitted by customers also make revisions and corrections if needed with customer approval. - Plate Setup for 6/C Aikiyama press - Digital print output Oce Arizona Flatbed print using Onyx Rip System - Digital print output Roland roll printer using Versa works
- Graphic Design & Prepress Technician at GEM Lithograhics Inc
- Prepress Technician at Mico Printing & Packaging
- Prepress Mac Operator at Graphic Depot Inc
- Step & Repeat operator at Prepress
9 years at this Job
Prepress/Layout Work with customer's digital files and prepare them for print. Trouble shoot the files, correct color, edit, trap and create proofs to ensure that the files will print correctly. Create layouts for digital and offset printing.
- Prepress Technician at Japs Olson
- Graphic Designer/Manager at Signal Graphics
- Production Manager/Graphic Designer at Sir Speedy Printing
- Support Specialist at SAMPA Corporation
2 years at this Job
• I work closely with customers utilizing my design and prepress knowledge to provide an accurate printed product. This entails advising customer on the design they provide to ensure that the proper format, appearance, layout of text and images.
• Create appropriate mock-ups and revision to art for client and vendors.
• Assist the prepress manager with the press work flow, managing production personal and equipment.
• Provide customer service by helping clients with their needs and goals to ensure quality and timely delivery. Also build relationships with existing and new clients to encourage long term business.
• Control inventory, ordering supplies and scheduling preventative maintenance on machines.
- Prepress Technician at Nino Press
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER at BAY CENTRAL PRINTING
6 years at this Job
- - Graphic Design
- AS - Graphic Specialist
- - New Media
March 2010-Present Duties: I work in the prepress department, creating, fine-tuning and preflighting print files, creating press-ready PDFs and imposing projects for a large variety of projects I have also been doing some variable data personalization work. I work closely with some of our clients, aiding them in the design and creation of their files. This type of work requires a high level of problem-solving skills, which I possess. Freelance Graphic Designer Ongoing Duties: I do freelance graphics for a variety of clients in my spare time. I create brochures, calendars, programs, articles and, really, anything that requires design work in the aforementioned programs. I am goal-oriented and work to design and create products to the specifications of my clients.
- Prepress Technician at Henry Wurst, Inc
- Desktop Manager at Townsend Communications, Inc
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts degree - Graphics/Printing
- - Liberal Arts and General Education
Responsible for the daily maintenance and operation of the electronic prepress department which include: imposition, digital Responsibilities: proofing, digital plating, CTP equipment using all the latest prepress and publishing software, output plates using computer-to- plate digital technology.
- PREPRESS TECHNICIAN at PACKAGING GRAPHICS LLC (Closed)
- Wheelchair Technician at Accu-Tran Medical Transportation Services
15 years, 4 months at this Job
- CDL - Class A
- - Electronics Technology, Computer Networking
- High school or equivalent
August 2014 - March 2015 Outbound sales Placing warm calls to customers March 2015 - October 2015 Customer Support General phone and chat support Order resolutions October 2015 - present Digital prepress and addressing Certifying customer address lists through USPS Review and fix or approve design work Answering in house and customer questions via phone and email General clerical work including: answering phone calls, stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Digital Prepress Technician at expresscopy.com
- Marketing Assistant at Execu-Gifts, inc
- Office Assistant at Simple Finance Technology
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant at Northwest Staffing Resources
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Business
- - Elementary Education
- High school diploma