We are currently seeking a responsible associate to support our client in the city of Rancho Dominguez, CA. This is a first shift Monday-Friday from 5 am- 1:30pm. Apply Now for immediate consideration!!
SUMMARY: Assist the Press Operator in the set-up, operation, and maintenance of Flexo Presses to produce labels per customer expectations
WORKPLACE CORE VALUES: The Press Support will be expected to operate in line with our workplace core values, which are:
- Honesty/Transparency/Fair Dealing
- People – “Good people make good things happen.”
- Performance culture with trust and respect
- Continuous Improvement – Creating efficiency, repeatability, and quality.
- Excellence in execution
- Being fully engaged
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads and understands the job jacket.
- Uses the information on work instructions to ensure that all equipment needed is on setting up the cart.
- Mount plates as required.
- Perform machine wash up with the use of wash up cart.
- Performs machine make-ready to run proper production, including removing and loading print cylinders, material, lamination, die, score, etc. following standard work.
- Assist operators with setting up any auxiliary equipment.
- Empties trash and rag containers as they become full.
- Makes sure all equipment is returned to the preproduction area.
- Requests stock from inventory clerk.
- Remove finished rolls as needed. Prepares stock for RTS.
- Assist rewind department when needed.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure that the press is maintained in safe working order at all times by making sure all guards and safety devices are in good condition and are properly used. Report all unsafe conditions to shift supervisor either verbally or in writing.
- Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3-6 months of relevant experience in press operation in a manufacturing environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Must read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS: Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs. maybe required. Vision: close vision, distance, and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.