Responsibilities In my role as a Principal Architect for our Professional Services team I assist our customers with the design, implementation, utilization and training pertaining to our software. My primary focus is with the migration and management products which support the Microsoft platforms for Active Directory, Exchange and Identity Management. Heavily involved in Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365 migrations.
- Principal Architect at Dell / Quest Software
- Senior Consultant at Bennett Adelson Consulting
- Technical Support at Aelita/Quest Software
- Technical Support Manager / Team Lead / Level 3 Engineer at Aelita/Quest Software
8 years at this Job
- Associates in Specialized Technology - Computer Graphics
Office 365 The Global Principal Architect is responsible to architect and design solutions to meet customer's needs in the Global and Enterprise system space. The Global Principal Architect performs high level oversight and escalation handling on individual opportunities. Responsibilities of the role include:
• leading and assisting Pre-Sales Principal Consultants, Global Principal Architects, Technical Architects and Subject Matter Experts on individual sales, and services engagements to construct and support complex customer solutions.
• Conducting customer presentations at the senior management/executive level. Being viewed as a subject matter expert in a specific technology area.
• Effectively articulating value propositions associated with NTT's product/service offerings. Demonstrating extensive experience in constructing complex service provider solutions in the IT services provider market
• Effectively positioning cost effective and practical alternatives for the customer by bundling products/services
• After engaging with sales teams and customers work together to create a well-defined Scope of work for projects
• Creating resource models for Enterprise level projects which align with SOW (Scope of work) to ensure proper staffing levels are achieved and timelines set forth in OSW's are maintained
- Global Principal Architect at NTT Data Inc
- Cloud Solutions Architect at Komplete Systems Integrators
- at Sikich LLP
- Director at BCG Systems
1 year, 11 months at this Job
Phoenix, AZ April 2003 - December 2018
A multinational telecommunications company with $126 Billion in revenue and over 140,000 employees worldwide.
Principal Architect, Enterprise Solutions Group
• Handled pre-sales engineering and technical support and expertise for the IP Telephony, Unified Communications, and Collaborations Solutions Portfolios.
• Oversaw and designed hardware, software, licensing, professional services, and network architecture solutions for business customers, with a focus on the cloud-based Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS).
• Collaborated with Account teams on sales and services, acting as the primary technical liaison with business partners to discuss solutions and their benefits.
• Conferred with prospective clients to understand their business needs and closed sales opportunities by providing relevant information.
• Translated customers' business needs into technical system solutions; developed fully integrated telecommunications systems that helped customers better manage their businesses.
• Created and delivered formal and informal technical information to customers, from basic explanations of products and services to detailed technical discussions.
• Produced detailed Statements of Work (SOWs), bills of materials (BOMs), cost estimates, and technical diagrams for projects; worked on technical proposals and RFP responses as needed.
• Monitored system implementations for technical correctness; updated reference design architectures for internal and external clients while ensuring the continued use of best practices.
• Collaborated with Pricing and Contract management to finalize project margins, costs, and the sales process, and with the Service Support team to review solution supportability and troubleshoot issues.
• Worked with vendors, including Cisco, Oracle, ADTRAN, AudioCodes, and Avaya, to develop and establish solutions, including gathering information on new technology and business trends.
• Created solutions and recommendations for implementing new methods, techniques, and procedures. Key Accomplishments
• Worked with an international retail customer to switch from a Cisco perpetual licensing agreement to a Spark Flex subscription plan worth $5.2 Million annually.
• Managed the migration of a U.S. retail customer with 1,400 locations from a legacy system to IP telephony (IPT). Oversaw the implementation process through ongoing support in a deal worth $1.4 Million annually. (Key Accomplishments Continued)
• Collaborated with a financial services customer on a successful 3-year $1.2 Million project migrating the client from a Premise-based solution to a Cisco hosted solution.
• Handled the switchover of an online gaming customer from a legacy services system to a customer-provided interactive voice response (IVR) system in a contract worth $200,000 annually.
- Principal Architect, Enterprise Solutions Group at VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
- Assistant Vice President of Telecommunications at INDYMAC BANK
- Sales Engineer at VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
- at VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
15 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge
* Responsible for researching, analyzing, designing, and delivery of IT architecture solutions that are appropriate for the business and IT strategies in one or more domains. Architect, design and document integrated system solutions * Identifying risks and provide alternative solution options * Reviewing, recommending, and developing analysis and design processes and templates * Guiding projects through architecture reviews and approval processes (e.g. Architecture Review Board) * Defining reusable practices and artifacts for strategic technologies * Facilitate requirement and design activities as required to guide projects through scoping, analysis, and design * Producing analysis and design work products * Reviewing existing documents and interview subject matter experts to gather information about existing business processes and systems * Assisting project managers with creation of business cases * Performing technical evaluations for new vendor or in-house solutions * Acting as an internal consultant to project and business teams * Ensuring detailed designs align with solution architecture * Directing detailed network hardware designs toward best practices * Acting as focal point for any changes to approved designs (solution or component level) * Ensuring non-functional (solution) requirements are considered (e.g. monitoring, scalability, availability, etc.) * Ensuring project plan reflects all required technical tasks related to the domain * Presenting technology solutions to business partners, technology teams and senior management * Providing design process guidance for detailed design teams and review designs to ensure compliance with architecture * Working with Development/DevOps team to devise and implement Best practice CI/CD pipelines that decrease time to delivery and increase efficiency. * Also Responsible for a healthy view IT industry trends, enterprise standards and methodology and being able to react to issues that arise. This includes being the primary/lead technologist that faces off to the Enterprise Architecture organization, their Sr. Leadership as well as represent the department periodic in Architecture Review Board (ARB) sessions. Define, implement and maintain technology security infrastructure, policies, in conjunction with ARB and EA constituents, as well as direct and maintain all processes and procedures to proactively protect, monitor, investigate and resolve threats to a secure user environment and company assets.
- Principal Architect at Franklin American Mortgage/ Citizens Bank
- Sr. Manager of Software Engineering at LifeWay Christian Resources
- Technical Lead at Corrections Corporation of America
- Technical Lead, Systems Architect at ACS, Inc
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Event Driven Architecture
- B.S. - Physics
Design and implementation of the new event-publishing engine (EPUB). ADP uses event driven architecture for processing business event. This approach relies on the Kafka as low-level delivery bus. Events are being collected from multiple datasources and - after orchestration and pre-processing are being published to the processing microservices.
EPUB was design and implemented using set of multithreaded pools to control incoming and outgoing queues and set of the independent data sources (both RDBMS and messaging systems - see below). EPUB runs as set of the HA microservices, deployed as either EC2 instances or Kubernetes PODs. In addition, EPUB is being controlled through implemented restful WS and UI built on top of them.
Previous implementation based on the Kafka Connect product was able to publish only 250 events per second. Event publisher performance reached 10,000 messages per second without violating business rules (transactional behavior and sequential execution of the certain operations.
Design and implementation were generalized to support multiple delivery systems/buses. Implementation currently supports Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, SNS/SQS. Deployed for multiple projects.
Used technologies: Java, SpringBoot, Spring, proprietary ORM framework, Groovy, Gradle, Vaadin. Design was fully documented using UML (Sparx Architect) and set of the design and operational documents in Confluence. Deployment target is AWS.
Pi Brain/Pi Miner.
One of the biggest issues related to the client payroll/HR implementation related to the configuration of the client. Two platforms are being developed that work in conjunction to deliver human-guided solution of this problem.
Pi Brain (PiB) is data analytics platform, designed as automation tool for processing data available for client migration. It supports both interactive use (through the UI) and also allows (and used) as service for other systems (fraud detection, historical data analysis, etc.)
Overall PiB implemented as set of loosely coupled microservices responsible for:
• Data orchestration workflow
• Model management (ingestion and processing of the data produced during data anaylsis stage)
• Configuration services. Central point of configuration for multiple microservices.
• UI/WS used for interaction/integration with the system.
• Application execution microservice (written in Python) Pi Miner allows for practitioner to use data produced by Pi Brain platform to configure new clients, run interactive payroll to verify the configuration. For both systems personally responsible for formalizing requirements, producing both high level and details design, guiding implementation. Used technologies: Java, Python, SpringBoot, Spring, proprietary ORM framework, Groovy, Gradle, Vaadin. Design was fully documented using UML (Sparx Architect) and set of the design and operational documents in Confluence. Deployment target is AWS. Miscellaneous Streamlining of the DDD-based architectural and development process.
- Principal Architect at ADP
- Application Architect/ Principal Engineer at IBM Cloud Video
- EIT Architect at InterCall, Inc
- System Architect at Transmutation, Inc
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters - Applied Mathematics
- Ph.D. - Computational Physics and Mathematics
Solutions Architect in the Insurance Solutions area of the UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement business. Lead architect for the modernization of the policy administration system. Responsible for the development, communication and implementation of the architecture and applications strategy. Collaborate with the business to understand and shape business requirements to improve the member experience. Identify solution options, create the architecture deliverables, and ensure the alignment of solutions with enterprise technology standards.
- Principal Architect, Insurance Solutions at United Healthcare
- Senior Engineering Manager, Cloud and Security Engineering at Unisys
- Systems Engineering Manager, Communications Analysis Department at Vencore
- Technical Manager at Lucent Technologies/AT&T Bell Laboratories
5 months at this Job
- MBA - Management
- M.S. - Computer Science
- B.S. - Industrial Engineering
Architecture ∗ Provide architectural direction to Business Analysts and Solution Architects. ∗ Maintain in-depth knowledge of the technologies and architectures used within the practice. ∗ Develop, maintain and communicate architectural road map for solution delivery along with architectural patterns, practices, technology standards, goals and strategies. ∗ Provide architectural consulting to programs, projects and initiatives. ∗ Work collaboratively with all technical roles, including Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects and Developers. ∗ Develop best practices to ensure software functionality, usability, reliability and availability. ∗ Develop architectural metrics and reports for the executive team, business and IT management. ∗ Deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with business strategy. ∗ Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies. ∗ Support business and IT strategic planning. ∗ Work with other architects to create and grow architecture and development standards. ∗ Review new and existing program/project architecture for compliance with standards, policies and architectural plans. ∗ Ensure that project documentation captures key architectural decisions. ∗ Identify architectural risks within the delivered solutions and propose alternatives. ∗ Deploy and maintain an Architecture repository and tool set. ∗ Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations for adding to the practices portfolio of related technologies. ∗ Works closely with vendors to ensure the practice gains and maintains skills required for delivery ahead of changes and additions to product offerings ∗ Attend industrial conferences, meetings, presentations to represent the company. ∗ Provide architectural consulting to programs, projects and initiatives. ∗ Develop white papers, training documents and software architectural documents. ∗ Works with Technical Director to drive knowledge improvement initiatives across the business (e.g. Center of Excellence; design of enablement programs) Pre-Sales ∗ Provides input into RFI, RFQ, RFP. ∗ Create LOE against Top Level Requirements Responding to Quotes. ∗ Lead Technical aspects of sales discussions with prospects. ∗ Performs scoping and estimations for future deals. ∗ Craft solution, roadmap and approach with customers. ∗ Respond to client queries and concerns to build a positive customer relationship. Project Delivery ∗ Supports project delivery as an architect as needed ∗ Provides technical input into top level requirements documents ∗ Assisting with resource allocation based on skill assessment ∗ Design and develop architecture for software projects based on customer specifications. ∗ Propose most effective architectural solutions to meet cost, quality and schedule requirements. ∗ Assist with review of customer business requirements against technical requirements to ensure proper alignment ∗ Assist BA and Solutions Architects with creating author functional requirements and technical design documentation ∗ Design and develop architecture for software projects based on customer specifications. ∗ Researching and resolving software issues and recommend workaround solutions. ∗ Work with Business Analysts to provide insight into technical aspects of a project ∗ Quality oversight of consultants delivering services on engagements by participating in design, code and test plan reviews as needed and provide appropriate recommendations. Operational ∗ Works with Technical Director to lead resource mentoring, leveling and consultant's career development program ∗ Mentor a team of enterprise architects, solution architects and developers ∗ Conduct regular team meetings and one-on-one sessions to share new ideas. ∗ Produce regular architecture status reports. ∗ Work with project team to design prototypes to validate application functionality. ∗ Work with Project Managers to provide insight into technical aspects of a project including planning and roadmap development with clients, project sprints, scope and resource allocation ∗ Works with the Recruitment team to evaluate prospective hires
- Principal Architect at Discover Technologies
- Technical Solutions Consultant at K2 - Sourcecode Technologies, Inc
- Solutions Consultant/Developer/Architect at NextWorx Consulting
- SharePoint Designer at SharePoint Server Enterprise
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Computer Science
- Masters of Education in Counseling - Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Speech Communication - Organizational Speech Communication
I managed architectural staff, coordinated consultant's efforts, while implementing owner's needs and desires. I also developed company presentation standards, directed and assisted with the design and drafting during all design phases of mixed-use retail / town homes and condominiums.
- Principal Architect at Edge Concepts Inc
- Architect at Bergman Walls & Associates
- Principal Architect at The Melvin Grant Company
- Architect at Walt Disney Imagineering
2 years at this Job
- - CADD Technology
Managed an architectural firm and lead designer responsible for working closely with clients from an initial meeting to completion of projects. Assisted clients with site selection, project requirements, cost analyses, and address their concerns. Produced Schematic and preliminary designs. Reviewed construction documents and shop drawing submittals. Coordinated outside consultants and familiar with building materials and products. Prepared budget estimates, project schedule, and contracts. Provided staff development opportunity and mentor to others. Designed and built custom homes acted as general contractor.
- Principal Architect at McAlpine Architects, Inc
- Assistant Project Manager at Orren Pickell Design Group
- Project Architect at Swanson and Associates
11 years at this Job
- B.A. - Architecture
Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area Retail Intelligence, Advanced Analytics Platform for Retail
• Demonstrated both the breadth and depth of knowledge in terms of the evolving Big Data landscape and experience leading technology transformation initiatives for the company and its subsidiaries.
• Developed and delivered turn-key technology programs.
• Innovative process and creative development methodologies
• Keep interest and motivation levels high, inside and outside of the department
• Facilitated learning and growth at the individual and team level by encouraging innovation, implementation of new technologies
• Shaped and communicated the department's identity, standards, guidelines and best practices
• Partnered with other architecture teams to develop efficient system and solution designs that optimize data storage, speed and access.
• Implemented and lead continuous improvement initiatives to support the company's data strategy and architecture
• Ensured that the Advanced Analytics department goals and vision are aligned with the corporate visions and goals as set by the CEO/Sr. Directors/ Directors.
• Built enterprise data integration hub for Infor retail & Infor (GT Nexus) Supply chain platform to create insights and better outcomes for Retail & Supply chain (GT Nexus) o Design, Architect and built "Standard Data Ingestion Framework" to integrate internal and external data for Infor Data Lake using Horton Works (HDP), Kylo - Data Lake Management, AWS EC2, S3 , Lambda o Explored and Adapted innovative data models like EAV Data Model, Anchor Data Model for dynamic schema evaluation - Postgres SQL, HBase-Phoenix o BIRST Adaption Initiatives for Infor Retail Cloud Suite +1 210-518-9944
- Principal Architect at Infor (US) Inc
- Solution Architect (Contract Consultant for T-Mobile, Nationwide, UHG) at Software Transformations Inc
- Technical lead & Architect at Infor (US) Inc
- Database Architect at Narus - The Boeing Company
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Computer Applications - Computer Applications