Baltimore, MD Company: A diverse, multi-disciplinary, US based engineering firm provides a broad range of professional engineering services to the public and private sectors through its four offices and staff of over 100 engineers and scientists in North America. Services provided: Principal Engineer - (part time, on as needed basis) - "Purple Line" project Scope of work: Engineering Design of Water and Sewer line relocation works in 28 individual bid-ready packages meting the WSSC and Maryland Transportation Admin (MTA) requirements along the 16 mile "Purple Line" light rail project located in Prince George's and Montgomery Counties, MD. Main Responsibilities:
● Provide engineering & design recommendations, prepare responses to WSSC and Client comments
● Conduct detail Quality Assurance - Quality Control reviews
● Keep detail records of work performed
- Principal Engineer at C.C. Johnson & Malhotra, PC
- Independent Consultant at
- Project Manager/Chief of Party at AECOM
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Sanitary Engineering
- BE - Civil Engineering
Promoted to principal engineer in 2016. Manage various equipment installation projects for new product.
• Subject matter process expert for the fluorescent and thermal lamp production lines.
- Principal Engineer at Osram Sylvania
- at Osram Sylvania
- Process Engineering Manager at Osram Sylvania
- Process Engineer at
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technology
20 years direct working experience in electromagnetic design and analysis of TFIH, superconducting Magnets, MR sub-systems hardware; 15 years direct working experience in MRI Magnets & TFIH coils, design, analysis, manufacturing, system integration 2016- 2018 Principal Engineer of MR magnet & sub-systems, Neusoft Medical Systems.
- Principal Engineer at MR magnet & sub-systems, Neusoft Medical Systems
- Principal Scientist of R/D at Alltech Group Medical Systems
- Project Leader, Senior Magnet Analytical Engineer, Philips (former at IGC
- Editorial Board Member for IEEE Trans. on Mag., CompuMag, CEFC, MT at Electromagnetic Field
2 years at this Job
- Ph. D. - English, German and Chinese Language
Planned and executed numerous compressor stations (both grass roots and existing) projects from conceptual design through commissioning and start up.
● Installed over 30 turbine/compressor and two electric motor/compressor packages (over 270,000 HP combined) with related auxiliary equipment and supporting infrastructure.
• As Principal Engineer, led the efforts to perform the following engineering duties: ◦ Front End Engineering. ◦ Feasibility Studies. ◦ Generated Piping and Instrumentation and Process Flow Diagrams. ◦ Pipe and Process Equipment Sizing. ◦ Equipment and construction specifications and requisitions. ◦ Vendor drawings review. ◦ Bills of material, equipment and line lists. ◦ Bid quotes evaluation and technical recommendations for purchasing. ◦ Design firms (including Contractors and Consultants) staff supervision. ◦ Preparation of a variety of reports for both the Company and the Client(s). ◦ Interfaced with Client, Stakeholders, Operations, Construction, and other engineering disciplines.
• As Principal Engineer, led the efforts to perform the following construction duties: ◦ Verified compliance with blueprints and mechanical design on job site. ◦ Determined construction procedures and provided necessary field interfacing with various construction groups. ◦ Responded to construction Requests for Information. ◦ Authored construction job summaries, specifications, and scope of work statements. ◦ Developed as-built drawings.
- PRINCIPAL ENGINEER at ENBRIDGE
- SENIOR PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER at GULF INTERSTATE ENGINEERING
- LEAD MECHANICAL ENGINEER at UNIVERSAL ENSCO
- MECHANICAL DESIGN/FIELD ENGINEER at LENINGRAD STATE DESIGN CONSTRUCTION CO
12 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering
ADIENT/ JOHNSON CONTROLS INC - North America 12/08/2014 - present
Responsible for design and development for new and production for asymmetrical and symmetrical tracks
• Lead all engineering activities for tracks front and second row, Ford, GM and FCA
• Create detailed planning for all tracks issues with actions and responsibilities
• Ensure customer requirements are included in new development
• Apply mathematics and calculus for mechanisms kinematics studies
• Create detailed timelines to open issues and review the updated planning with management
• Cross functional communications with project team, customer, supplier, manufacturing and quality
• Working with manufacturing team to ensure design meets manufacturing requirements
• Provided plant Engineering support for tracks and frames by traveling at plants
• Working with production plant to develop a track profile checking method
• Support second row seat launch at customer facilities Magna Louisville and Ford Kentucky Plant
• Investigated root cause, diagnosed and solutions for production launches new program Ford, FCA and GM
• Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving and presentations using A3 format
• Use statistical analysis during issues investigations
• Travelled to the plants in Mexico, USA and China to review assembly process
• Verified process steps to align with design GD&T and datum scheme
• Created summary and recorded gaps on the open issues list
• Conduct problem solving analysis for all open issues to find the root cause and provide solutions
• Coordinate mechanism DVP&R and mechanism PV
- Principal engineer at ADIENT/ JOHNSON CONTROLS INC - North America
- Project Engineer / Lead Structure Engineer at FAURECIA AUTOMOTIVE SEATING - North America
- Product Engineer at LEAR CORPORATION
- Sr. Design Engineer at VALIANT MACHINE AND TOOL, INC
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- BSc - Mechanical Engineering
- BSc and Masters
Louisville, CO Jan 2012 - Present
Professional web development services company specializing in data-driven applications
Principal Engineer and Founder
● Architect technical solutions to complex problems and create frameworks for both the frontend and backend so others can easily implement and expand those solutions
● Handle system administration and hosting environments in AWS, as well as create deployment specifications to maximize product uptime and quality assurance
● Manage design and development teams to create project specifications, accurate timelines, and budgets
● Supervise project schedules and team members to ensure successful project delivery
● Oversee all business operations, strategy, and technology decisions
- Principal Engineer and Founder at Goosetail Labs
- Principal Engineer at Goosetail Labs
- Senior Node.js Engineer at Goosetail Labs
- Senior Web Developer at
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Telecommunications
- Development engineer responsible for design and process integration of radiation-hardened silicon and silicon-germanium high-speed and high-power microelectronic devices and circuits. - Principal investigator managing development of rad-hard, deep-submicron SiGe:C BiCMOS technologies (Ft > 100 GHz). Lead team of 12+ engineers in design, foundry, and test. Manage program milestones and schedules; design and model processes and device behavior; lead design/layout teams; implement FEOL and BEOL process integration; and lead testing team (DC/AC/RF). - Lead device engineer for Si rad-hard non-volatile memories. Developed high yield process and device physics understanding for ultra-high reliability environments. - Principal investigator for working ground investigating integrated electronic anti-tamper methods. - Lead device physicist on team developing carbon nanotube RF electronics. Responsible for modeling of CNT materials and devices, interpretation of device behavior. - Design and process integration of CCDs and deep-submicron CMOS imagers. Responsible for optical modeling and integration with device simulations. Designed and integrated high-efficiency bandpass filters and >99% CTE rad-hard CMOS imagers. - Collaborate and develop internal funding for collaboration with Johns Hopkins University (H. Katz) on radiation effects in organic transistors. - Led development of rad-hard 180nm CMOS bulk and SOI foundry line from initiation to production. Coordinated development tasks of multiple laboratory personnel. Responsible for project planning and milestones; all FEOL and BEOL module development and integration; process design and device physics. - Developed integration of superconducting Josephson junctions qubits within Si foundry for high volume output. Achieved >95% chip yield. - Manage Silvaco TCAD efforts for process/device modeling (ATHENA/ATLAS/ATLAS3D), and parameter extraction and testing (UTMOST/SPAYN). Reduced design development cycle time >50% by introducing rigorous, integrated TCAD-based approach. - Coordinate efforts in compact circuit model creation and management from modeling and measurements, using Silvaco UTMOST and Agilent IC-CAP packages. Spearheaded efforts to use TCAD predictive modeling to drive compact model creation.
- Principal Engineer at Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Graduate Research Assistant at University of Michigan
12 years at this Job
- Ph.D. - Electrical Engineering
- M.S. - Electrical Engineering
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
Spearheaded complex projects and process design as Agile Project Manager/Process Improvement Manager for enterprise applications and business systems. Served as Change Management liaison between IT and Business Operations while leading a talented staff to develop solutions to maximum performance. Led projects through software development lifecycle (SDLC) including definition of business requirements/business rules, scheduling daily scrum, data analysis, technical specification and design creation through to UAT/QA acceptance testing, release management.
• Reduced Process time 73% by standardizing processes for numbering activity across the country and enhancing business performance through process improvements. Provided an End to End solution: Created value stream mapping process flow diagrams to analyze, then eliminate waste and determine best practices while engaging in internal stakeholder management. Produced a positive impact on organization's budget keeping in line with the company's strategic direction.
• Project Management skills: Eliminated 8,000 hours of waste per annum by leading the coordination of a team to automate network updates to the Signaling Transfer Points across the country through implementation of best practices and automation. Documented Methods and Procedures (MOPs) to ensure quality standards remained met and Customer Service remained outstanding. Led team through vendor conversion. Used PowerPoint presentations to provide data and updates to management on a regular basis.
• Saved 400 hours annually through system enhancements by reducing data flow waste after researching, analyzing and documenting process maps for Location Based Services to improve product quality.
• Demonstrated the proactive need for quality improvement: Eliminated Tier 1 fraudulent messaging from reaching Verizon network by devising a plan to implement process changes with vendors to proactively implement processes to block data at Signaling Control Points resulting in cost reduction for roaming services.
• As Subject Matter Expert (SME) and coach, provided guidance and mentorship regarding Agile methodology. Demonstrated collaborative skills while partnering with internal and external teams to implement SaaS through product development. Guided other teams in the organization in requirements gathering, defining business processes and rules, analysis, communications and prioritization of tasks while maintaining compliance with organizational standards.
• Technical Knowledge demonstrated: Maintained technical data tables in over 120 cellular Mobile Switching Centers via an in-house web application with a focus on ensuring consistency of service to exceed or meet customer needs. 8530 Fieldgrove Ct., Gainesville, GA 30506
• [email protected]
• www.linkedin.com/in/pat-s-sullivan ~~~~~~~~) VERIZON WIRELESS, Alpharetta, GA and Dublin, OH Principal Engineer Translations 05/2002 - 12/2018 ~~~~~~~~)
• Represented the company at Global Industry meetings
• Leveraged vendor tools to write scripts for automated testing for daily call through testing process.
• Demonstrated Leadership skills: Led Engineering Operations and Information Technology teams to collaborate in software development to build products, automate network table updates, transfer data warehouse data via API and audits for more than 140 switches nationwide while maintaining network protocols, policies, specifications in an optimal design.
- Principal Engineer Translations at VERIZON WIRELESS
- Supervisor, Commissions at Verizon Sales Team
- Manager, Fraud and Roaming at GTE TSI/Syniverse
16 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS) Business Administration
Project Manager and Principal Engineer for MDA Concept Exploration Program Management Office (PMO) managing development efforts for prime and subcontractors ($30M+); efforts include requirements verification, interface development, trade studies, and all other System Engineering activities leading to System Design Reviews
• Manage contractors' activities from the initialization of program (Statement of Work, Technical Evaluations, Evaluation of Basis of Estimates (BoE), etc.), tracked through critical path and milestone development with resource-loaded Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) analyzing contractors' design, technical requirements, and associated risks with meeting program's objectives
• Experienced in Earned Value Management (EVM) monitoring cost and schedule trends, variance analysis and risk assessment to develop plans and/or reallocate resources as necessary
• Led and organized Executive Reviews (O-6 and SES level) for program status/development efforts briefing technical presentations for multiple systems engineering and integration activities
• Principal Engineer for MDA/CE developing engineering solutions and identifying needs within the BMD System; work has included supporting interface development, supporting testing events: Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Factory Integration Test (FIT), Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) test events, etc. and providing support/leading milestone reviews MDA Yellowstone (MDA/ICTA) Program Manager
• Oversight of talent planning, staffing, and execution management across the MDA/ICTA team providing uninterrupted delivery of services to the prime contractor
• Coordinated management of team working with Program and Functional leadership for performance evaluations, career development, compensation and training and technical development
• Managed cost reimbursable subcontract (CPAF, $2M+) in support of MDA programs
• Expanded existing and developing new business opportunities within MDA and other agencies as a key contributor to the Business Development team
- Project Manager/Principal Engineer at Modern Technology Solutions Incorporated
- Lead Interoperability Engineer - MDA/C2BMC at The MITRE Corporation
- Israeli Test Bed (ITB) Lead Systems Engineer at PeopleTec
- Consultant at Intuitive Research and Technology Corporation
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration
- Master's - Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Aerospace Engineering
- Doctorate - Systems Engineering
Proud member of a team that built a very successful company in the mobile wireless industry. Starent
Networks was a successful startup that went public in 2007 and was acquired by Cisco Systems in 2009.
• Power/IR Drop Simulations for ASR5500: Led and performed IR drop simulations for cards in ASR5500 system. Correlated simulated and measured results.
• Signal Integrity Lead for Mars/ASR 5500 Platform: Directed signal integrity effort within HW group which had not been done previously. Signal Integrity effort for Mars cards includes simulating all high speed interfaces and managing SI contract help for project. SERDES channel models for simulation were developed using measured results from test cards for the ASR5500 system. Signal integrity is being done for speeds up to 25G on Broadcom TCAMs, Broadcom Arad/FE1600 fabric devices, Intel CPUs, Avago gearbox, Broadcom PHYs, EZchip NPUs, various DDR3/4 interfaces, etc.
• SSC card: Served as designer and lead for System Status Card for ASR5500 system. The SSC was responsible for monitoring all 48V rails in the chassis as well as airflow and temperature.
• ASR5500 Fabric: Design engineer for fabric/switching block for MIO and DPC cards using Broadcom Petra/FE600 devices. Performed all schematic entry, oversaw layout and route for high speed sections, and system level DVT for all system interconnects.
• ASR 5500 Test Cards for Next Generation Platform: Defined and designed test cards which were part of a mock up for the ground up design of a next generation chassis. Test cards were vital for characterizing real performance of various PCB materials, SERDES channels, midplane connections end to end, and PCB 'fab house' quality/performance. Measured results were used to create SI models to be used for signal integrity analysis. Solely responsible for stackups for midplane and all cards in ASR5500 system.
• STM/OLC2/CLC2 Design Lead: Led the design for this suite of line cards which processes SONET/SDH traffic in the ST16 and ST40 platforms. These line cards process ATM (AAL5) and frame relay for GSM wireless customers and was a key element for design wins in Europe.
• Voice/Multimedia Principal Technical Lead: Architected and designed voice/multimedia product within Starent ST16 mobile wireless platform. Responsible for writing system level architecture specification for use in the ST16. Presented design to upper level management, directors, and customers when needed. Design provides key components for TDM, ATM, and IP traffic processing within the ST16 mobile wireless platform.
• XME Card Designer: Principal Lead and designer for XME Media Daughter Card. Managed schematic entry and schedule for new daughter card to provide dense video and multimedia processing in ST16 platform. Other responsibilities include DSP selection, and FPGA design, which Werner Niebel [email protected] supplied glue logic and bridging functions between standard protocols such as Ethernet and Starent proprietary protocols.
• Telephony Accelerator Card Designer: Design lead for TAC Card, which provides wireless voice and multimedia processing capabilities in the ST16/ST40. Responsibilities included driving design specification for TAC card by working with marketing and engineering. Tasks included trade studies, component/DSP selection, power analysis, schematics, and supervising layout/route with layout engineers. Worked closely with FPGA engineers to define function and definition of FPGAs on TAC card. Also designed FPGA to provide hot swap function for TDM system interfaces. Also design Engineer for DSP daughter card to support voice processing functions on TAC card
- Principal Engineer at STARENT NETWORKS
- Principal Engineer at CISCO SYSTEMS
- Senior Engineer at SUMMA FOUR/CISCO SYSTEMS
- Electrical Engineer at LOCKHEED
15 years at this Job
- M.S. - Electrical Engineering
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering