for Pega Systems. Pega provides a platform for building workflow and CRM solutions. As a principal software engineer I was a key member of a agile/scrum team that was responsible for engineering the core platform and architecture. In this role I work on a number of key technical components of the product. Clustering technology to support both Hazelcast and Ignite, Services here included, remote execution, messaging, load balancing, cluster membership. Cloud deployment and auto-scaling to an AWS environment. Data grid component that supported multi-node data caches Internal data modeling Pega adopted an agile/scrum development process during this period We worked in small cross-functional teams. Teams are located globally between US, Europe, and India. I was a big proponent of using Test Driven Development, TDD, for all of our work.
- Principal Software Engineer at Pega Systems
- Lead Architect / Manager for a Software-As-Service at Upland Software
- Technical Architect at Banco Santander at Santander Bank
- Lead UI Software Engineer at Coldstor Data
2 years, 9 months at this Job
As Principal Software Engineer, designed a generic system to enable real-time embedded processes running SQLite, to recognize when the embedded processes and the existing database model were out of sync. Once the running process recognized the out of sync situation, the process automatically determined and executed the required data model changes. Designed and implemented multiple ETL processes acquiring source data from SQLite databases and loading the data into Greenplum and PostgreSQL target databases. Developers made frequent independent changes to the source SQLite data model; The designed ETL processes automatically recognized these changes in the source data model and made appropriate changes to the target data model. Led the design and development of multiple ETLs, using PL/SQL on Oracle 11g. These ETLs loaded measurements and configuration data from big data platforms at multiple customer sites. The data was transformed into a historical data model to support BI reporting and billing systems. The ETLs accommodated different revisions of source data, different source tables and different target tables. Designed and implemented a dynamic, rule-driven job scheduler to execute the ETLs. The job scheduler coordinated, executed and tracked over 80 different job types running up to 700 times each day. The job processes ran across different hosts and platforms (Java and Oracle DB). The scheduler controlled the execution of the job types, based on rules specific to each job type and each customer's current situation. The rules based logic applied to the job order, the availability of data, the success or failure of previous jobs, the time of day or the number of job processes already running on a platform. The job rules were stored as data to be created and updated as requirements or the current situation changed. After successfully installing and supporting the above systems, led the analysis and initial development effort to migrate the database from Oracle to PostgreSQL. In addition to the ordinary data table changes required, this involved re-writing extensive view logic and data services logic, to work in the PostgreSQL environment.
- PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER at Dell/ EMC Technologies
- DATABASE INTEGRATION ARCHITECT at Epsilon Marketing Services
- DATABASE INTEGRATION ARCHITECT at Tufts Health Plan
- senior developer at Novasci Partners
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
- - Continuing Computer Science
Presently working as Principal Software Engineer in Tesco Project1: "NGC Application" [SQL Server base system to replace Mainframe] Role: SQL Server Developer/SSIS Developer DESCRIPTION Objective of this project is to manage customer's Clubcard online. This application helps customers to join to the Clubcard scheme and manage their points and rewards. By providing their personal info, customers are able to download virtual Clubcard having barcode security; this card initially contains some bonus points which can be redeemed in store immediately. Customer can login to the application by providing credentials and can see their transaction, rewards and points available. Also they can see available coupons/vouchers, where how to use their points and rewards, Latest statements, Preferences, Manage card and alerts. CONTRIBUTION ✓ OLTP DB design ✓ Objects creation ✓ Database setup on NGC and all supplementary system ✓ Performance & Tuning ✓ Nightly Batches to sync both SQL Server and Mainframe database ✓ Daily data comparison and difference analysis ✓ DB and Batch deployment (SSIS batches) ✓ Maintenance of Dev, System and Integration database Instances ✓ Responsible to implement new technologies ✓ Session on database projects flow and SSIS ENVIRONMENT Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008R2 Project2: Decommission of Mainframe system DESCRIPTION In previous project, we prepared one parallel system to Mainframe system. Mainframe system was exist since last 17 years. The main purpose move system into SQL Server and .Net system to make user friendly and fast result oriented. After creation of parallel NGC system, Second big decision was to decommission the Mainframe system. Main challenges were 1.) Generations of Statements/reports 2.) Redirect coming feed from external vendors, to new SQL Server system 3.) Generate feed to downstream system like Dunnhumby, IL and CPS system CONTRIBUTION ✓ Planned decommission in different phases 1.) LCM Decommission 2.) Statement Decommission 3.) Transaction Decommission ✓ Ground level analysis for extracted columns and their availability in NGC system ✓ Replication and daily nightly batches (SSIS) to export and import data with downstream systems ✓ Implemented the new CDC tech. for daily delta feed ✓ Autosys and Service View configuration ✓ Performance & Tuning Project3: Deployment of Marketing Application in Group Country 'Thailand' Role: Technical Consultant DESCRIPTION TESCO has retail business in 12 countries. UK Clubcard process was much advance compare to other countries. It was decided to take UK Clubcard as Blueprint model and implement in all group countries. I was allocated to deploy all systems in Malaysia. Main system in this process was below: 1.) NGC Core - Implementation of common database in all countries 2.) [email protected] - Printing of coupon on receipt at time of shopping 3.) SmartCoupon and SmartVoucher - Unique coupon and voucher generation for each customer 4.) Voucher and Coupon Mailing - Conversion of customer's earned point into voucher 5.) Common Batch & Report 6.) CSC - Customer Care application 7.) MCA - Application for loyalty customers CONTRIBUTION ✓ Data Migration from old version to blueprint version ✓ Deployment of all database, Services and web application ✓ Upgrade legacy batches to new batches ✓ Communication with other teams like storeline, intermediate layer team, mailing team ✓ Communication with client ✓ Took client request as new CR and communicated with development team ✓ Batch scheduling through autosys ✓ Application, services monitoring through NSM ✓ Handover process to DBA and server team ✓ KT to local Malaysia team, HSC support team ENVIRONMENT Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008R2 Project4: Statement mailing for all UK and group countries Role: SQL/SSIS Developer DESCRIPTIONs Targeted statement mailing aims towards sending the vouchers and coupons to customers via several channels. The channels are statements, email and online. Customers are being rewarded and this project has high visibility and gains good profit across Tesco. CONTRIBUTION ✓ Working in BI environment (ETL, SSIS, and SSRS). ✓ Developed ETL using SQL Server Integration Services. ✓ Performance optimization for SSIS. ✓ Created common SSIS to export files to multiple vendors. ✓ Created business reports using SSRS. ✓ Created/Modified Table, Views and Cursors. ✓ Procedure/Function Optimization for Performance tuning. ENVIRONMENT Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2005 for group countries Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008R2 for UK and UKROI. Project5: Coupons and Vouchers Role: SQL Developer/ Technical analyst DESCRIPTION Tesco introduced 2nd phase of the loyalty program with Smart functionality, unique barcode to each customers. The ideas included issuing coupon and vouchers from Point of sale to customer while shopping. Closely identifying customer shopping trends, and providing offer on the range of products which customers would fancy to buy. CONTRIBUTION ✓ Working on creating SQL stored Procedures, functions and Triggers. ✓ Performance optimization for SSIS. ✓ Created common SSIS to generate unique barcodes. ✓ Created business reports using SSRS. ✓ Created/Modified Table, Views and Cursors. ✓ Procedure/Function Optimization for Performance tuning. ENVIRONMENT Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008R2 Project6: Campaign Tool Management Application DESCRIPTION This project aims at promoting the sales by doing various campaigns to customers having loyalty clubcards. The campaign tool database will be refreshed every day from NGC data. Then by applying the business logic, specific set of customers are targeted for promotions. This project has the following components: ✓ Application which are used by business users for creating campaigns. ✓ Various SSIS packages to refresh the CampaignTool database from NGC database. ✓ Various SSIS/SSRS packages and reports for generating the campaign output files and reports for it. ✓ Handles FTP and file copy services Role: Software Engineer CONTRIBUTION ✓ Understanding of BSD and TSD for the application. ✓ Writing of unit test and acceptance test cases. ✓ Development and Maintenance of application ✓ Creating database related store procedures, functions, views and triggers. ✓ Performance optimization for TSQL stored procedures, functions and SSIS. ENVIRONMENT SQL Server 2005, C#.Net 3.5 Project6: Price Promise Project Role: Developer/Technical analyst Customer transactions (minimum 8 different items) from stores are compared against Tesco competitors - Sainsburys, Morrisons & Asda via a centralized server. If the basket is found to be cheaper than Tesco, a coupon is issued at the checkout of the difference (maximum £10) which can be used on their next visit (either online or in-store). The coupon is valid for 28days and can used from their next shops. Price Promise will be available in all UK store formats except Express and on all till types (including Home Shopping) except PFS Kiosk tills. It will cover all Grocery and selected Non Food items, but not White Goods. CONTRIBUTION ✓ Understanding of BSD and TSD for the application. ✓ Development and Maintenance of application ✓ Creating database related store procedures, functions, views and triggers and SSIS packages ENVIRONMENT SQL Server 2008 R2, C#.Net 3.5, Java, Oracle, UNIX This project had various technologies involved but my primary focus is on SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Principal Software Engineer at Tesco
10 years, 1 month at this Job
- M.Sc. in Computer Science - end-to-end development of software products
May 1994 - Present
Founded by a team of successful engineers and managers to meet the technology needs of NASA, the DoD and commercial aerospace firms for rapid satellite development, UAV
development, and Flight Management Systems. Key services include technology development,
software development, satellite fabrication, testing and management of subcontractors and employees.
Principal Systems Engineer, Principal Software Engineer, Principal
• Principal Systems Engineer for Next Generation Guidance and Precision Farming systems. Working includes developing Systems Engineering best practices, Systems Engineering, UI development, software and defect support, review of CAN specs for Case New Holland Industries.
• Principal Investigator for NASA Project to develop a secure, low cost "beyond line of sight" vehicle control system for UAVs in the National Airspace. Test platform was a T-34 aircraft and Matrice 100 UAV utilizing Globalstar Radios. Testing and evaluation was also conducted on the Artix-35T FPGA.
• Principal Investigator and Systems Engineer of DARPA Project to develop a Space Hypervisor and vehicle control system. Lead design effort including overall systems engineering, software design and managing Software and Hardware Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Test Engineers.
• Principal Systems Engineer for the AFRL SHARC Mission, EarthScan Hosted Payload. Tools include QuickSAT, DOORS, and TargetProcess.
• Principal Software Engineer of Embedded Systems for a major automotive supplier, responsible for the design and implementation of two separate subsystems for Jaguar-Land Rover and Toyota. Lead design effort including overall software design and managing Software and Hardware Engineers, Systems Engineers, Test Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers. Managed suppliers supporting the effort. Tools used include CANanalyzer/CANcaseXL, TestTrack Pro, DOORS, Versions, OpsManager, KPIT Device Drivers, and Agile Project Management Methods.
• Principal/Manager for the QuickSAT Project, an end to end satellite design, test, V/V, configuration management and manufacturing environment for satellites. Software development utilized the following tools/applications - MySQL, C/C++, PHP, HTML, JQuery, Drupal, Linux, xCode/iOS development, MATLAB/Simulink, UML, Excel, SOAP, STK, DOORS and Mathematica.
• Lead Systems Eng., Radar Targeting System, utilizing C/C++, Bayesian Networks
• Management of a team, Lead in Architecture Design, developing a collision avoidance system for UAVs. MATLAB/Simulink
• Lead Systems Engineer, Hardware and Software requirements specification for a FMS for AB400 per DO254 and DO178B. DOORS utilized.
• Requirements Definition for a flight management system, as defined by DO178B, utilizing DOORS and customized tools.
• Dynamics of a tethered satellite. Developed a control scheme to control the motion of the tethered satellite during all phases of flight via deployer system and controlling current in tether. Utilized Labview, Matlab, Mathematica and Simulink.
• Principal Engineer in charge of tether deployment control law design, test plan definition and management of test program. Utilized Matlab and Mathematica
- Principal Systems Engineer, Principal Software Engineer, Principal at sci_Zone/TMTC
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Engineering Physics at Hope College
- Lecturer, College of Engineering at The University of Michigan
- Systems Engineer/Technology Evangelist at Apple Computer
24 years, 8 months at this Job
- M.S.E. - Mechanical Engineering
- B.S.E. - Aerospace Engineering
- Principal Software Engineer at Daimler Financial Services
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - BC-CS
Sr/Principal Software Engineer: Strong background and extensive experience in software R&D, process automation, UI, data acquisition, medical devices, liquid handlers, embedded systems, computer vision, robotics control, algorithms, firmware, TCP/UDP sockets, Windows, Linux, etc. Software tools: C#.NET, Python, winforms, COM, interop, Visual Studio, Linux (Ubuntu), Eclipse, C/C++, device drivers, multithreading, assembly languages. RESPONSIBILITIES / PROJECTS FOR MY LAST 10 YEARS: Teradyne - Software Consultant 09/2016 - 01/2018 VxWorks and Embedded Linux multithreaded kernel and device driver programming. Porting device dirivers for firewire communication on ARM processor with device DMA from Embedded Linux to VxWorks. Used multithreading (multitasking). Software tools used: VxWorks, Eclipse Studio, Linux, C/C++, Python.
- Sr/Principal Software Engineer at Teradyne
- Sr. Software Developer at Lime Energy
- Software Consultant at Harvard University
- Sr. Software Engineer at Bayer/ Siemens Diagnostics
1 year, 4 months at this Job
• Worked on a highly sophisticated infrastructure management system, NetCure, which specialized in fault management (root cause analysis) and performance management for network, application, and storage. It’s developed in Java, Restful Web service, Java Script, RDBMS.
• In charge of the core data model and network topology auto discovery which is the building block for accurate event correlation and root cause analysis of the problem. Expanded the hardware vendor support of the product (Cisco, Nortel, Avaya, Extreme, Foundry, Riverstone, etc.). Designed and implemented virtual machine discovery, support VMWare (web service over SOAP), IBM, Citrix, KVM.
• Designed and Implemented the VLAN, VPN discovery under extremely short deadline that secure sales to several important customer accounts.
• Improved the speed of wide area network discovery of a large network with 75000 nodes from 21 days to 33 hours to meet a key customer requirement.
• Performance tuning the GC for the large application to meet the UX.
• Designed and implemented a data migration module to keep the data persistent across rediscovery for the network/application/storage management system and report the change of the network.
• Designed and implemented certain aspect of the network monitoring system.
• Direct contact with customer to help pre-sale effort and provide solutions for customer new requirements and problems.
• Worked on OLAP cubing project for Data Warehouse using MDX query language.
• Lead team of engineers across continents;
• Make software cloud capable.
• Mobile phone discovery (Android, IOS)
- Principal Software Engineer at Rocket Software Inc
- Principal Software Engineer at InvisibleHand Networks Inc
- Principal Software Engineer at WaveSmith Networks
- Senior Software development Engineer at FORE Systems Inc
15 years, 7 months at this Job
- M.S. - Computer Science
- B.S. - Computer Science
Data Management Services (DMS) Lead Database Administrator (DBA) Lead Database Administrator/Engineer (DBA/DBE) (12 + months)
- Principal Software Engineer at DMS
- Oracle Database Administrator at Insight-Global - Raytheon
- Senior Database Administrator at IBM
- Disaster Recovery Consultant and Sr. Oracle DBA at Intratek Computer, Inc
2 years at this Job
C/C++ embedded systems software development.
- Principal Software Engineer at QinetiQ North America
- Principal Software Engineer at Arris Group, Inc
- Staff Software Engineer at Arris Group, Inc
- Sr. Software Engineer at Motorola Mobility Inc
2 months at this Job
- PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER at EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
- Senior Software Engineer at EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
- Senior Consultant at KPMG
- RESEARCH ASSOCIATE at FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- MS - Computer Science
- BS - Computer Science