Divisions: Lillian Vernon/Current Inc/ Colorful Images
Colorado Springs, CO
Catalog Direct Mailers of consumer gifts, wrapping paper, greeting cards and seasonal products, high end Home Décor, Personalized products and paper products for small businesses.
Manage Advertising Budgets from $30 Mil to $63 Million and Circulations from 48 Mil to 160 Mil annually. Print Production Manager
Create, manage and responsible for all three Business Print Advertising budgets. Analyze & negotiate million-dollar contracts for all our printing services. Negotiate with Paper Brokers & Mills on pricing, terms and caps throughout the year. Submit RFQ/RFQ requests, generate print & paper purchase orders with multiple vendors and manage schedules for all direct mail programs. Pull all job requirements for each direct mail campaign or project and deliver complex letter shop instructions to the printer, comprised of multiple segment versioning. Well informed in recommending the most efficient way to produce/formats for each job. All jobs are on time and within Budget. Utilize vendor on-line technology to place orders, track schedules, forecast orders and manage paper inventory. Have a great knowledge and understanding of all the USPS requirements, as this is the biggest expense of the direct mail campaign. Will research the most cost-effective way to mail each mailing through USPS either through co-mailing, commingling, co-mail Opt. or other drop ship savings. Reconcile & approve all invoices and will search through invoices for any mistakes or unnecessary charges. Also meet with Finance/Executive team monthly to review expenses vs. budget for all divisions as well as evaluate monthly cash flow.
• Reworked a new print contract (2016-18) which includes an escalating manufacturing discount year over year, with a 3rd year option. Also, placed cap measurers on ink, freight and CPI.
• Negotiated a new print 3yr contract (Through 2016) with savings of $1.67 Mil over the life of the contract. Also, placed caps on potential industry increases during the contract time period.
• Negotiated a print contract (2010 - 13) and presented detailed data between 3 competing vendors and showed savings of $3.5 Mil over a 4-year contract period.
• Proposed new catalog size for savings in print, paper and greater savings in postage. Tested for a few issues and saw no softness in response or sales. $1.3 Mil savings for year one and $2.2 Mil - 2nd year savings across two brands.
• Researched and tested alternative paper options that saved $400K in 2nd half of 2011 and $900K in 2012.
• Work with Vendors on quarterly & yearly Rebates, manufacturing discounts and invoice term discounts
• Proposed co-mailing our catalogs for greater postal savings, $2.1 Mil Savings over 4 years.
• Manage and oversee over 65 Direct Mail issues printing & paper yearly.
• Always looking for the newest marketing advertising trends.
- Print Production Manager / Print Buyer at Current Media Group
- Print Production Coordinator at
13 years, 2 months at this Job
Hired by Adplex who moved my family to Houston. Responsible for on time, high quality, accurate and cost effective print production. Southeast Media bought this facility May 31, 2016 and asked me to
stay on in this position. Duties
• Press room manager / Pressroom supervisor
• Responsible for 65 press room employees
• Press room scheduling to meet tight deadlines
• Insure press lines are staffed daily and PPE is in use
• Order and inventory all consumables
• Customer color and print checks when needed
• Sign of on all job samples and versions
• Trouble shoot press and print problems
• Complete employee evaluations in a timely manner Presses and Auxiliary equipment
• Goss C-500 40"
• 2 Goss C-250 36"
• Harris M-1000 38"
• Harris M-90 20"
• Harris RIMA and SMC Stackers.
• Penn Graphics 3 out and 2 out Stream separators
• Gammerler 2 knife trimmers
• Butler and Inkle roll stands
- Print Production Manager at Adplex/Southeast Media
- Press Room Supervisor at Vertis Communications
- First Operator/Press Room Supervisor/Press Room Manager at Pro Line Printing
- First Pressman at Retail Graphics / Treasure Chest
5 years, 6 months at this Job
Manage print production for (4) four DHS/CBP/ICE identity card, stationary, and PRODUCTION correspondence print collateral programs, in addition to other print collateral for OPTIMIZATION internal clients. Initiated and developed e ciency tracking systems to manage increasing volume of workload. Drawing on experience, I initiated engagement ASSET & CONTENT between myself and team of Art Director's in identifying potential production MANAGEMENT issues while in creative stages and while procuring estimates, o ering solutions to ensure excellence for all print collateral.
- PRINT PRODUCTION MANAGER at INNOVATION
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER at Hilton Worldwide
- GRAPHICS/MULTIMEDIA SUPERVISOR at MICROSOFT
- MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION MANAGER at The Harris Agency
3 years, 2 months at this Job
• Planning, executing, and managing the entire print production process of Publications (The Oncologist, AAOS Now, ASH Classified & Arthritis & Rheumatology classified advertising).
• Coordinating print production schedules, cost analysis reports and printing specifications for internal budget approval
• Handling the tasks of initiating requests for bids, purchase orders for vendors and customer quotations, and purchase orders for vendors
• Producing creative print media and presentations on content prepared by professional staff
• Responsible for copy editing and proofreading a variety of sales and marketing print materials
• Monitoring and organizing creative requests submitted to the Print Production Team Front Desk | Crunch Fitness JANUARY 2015 - OCTOBER 2015
• Handled incoming phone calls.
• Checking in and verifying memberships, registering guests and collecting guest fees.
• Upselling, stocking, and kept inventory for apparel, protein and beverage bar.
• Always maintaining excellent customer service
• Manage the cash register.
- Print Production Manager at Pharmaceutical Media Inc
- Cashier/ Sale Associate at Adidas Retail Store
- Cashier/ Sale Associate at Hershey's Chocolate World Time Square
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Business & Liberal Art's
Manage the creative workflow and print production from conception to shipment and delivery for internal
and external projects of Fortune 500 corporations such as PriceWaterhouseCoopers, AB-InBev, and American
• Manage project specifications, billing and estimates, and interface daily with suppliers, clients, account and creative teams.
• Develop and manage production schedules for all internal clients, meet aggressive turnarounds for external clients' custom deliverables.
- Print Production Manager at April Printing Company, Inc
- Assistant Project Manager at HQ Development LLC
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Advertising and Promotion
- - Economics & Political Science
Foster and maintain close collaborations with creative, project management and marketing departments as well as multiple outside print vendors to achieve the highest possible quality packaging and marketing artwork deliverables. Responsible for on site press check direction at over 40+ domestic and international print vendor locations, preflighting, prepping and releasing all mechanicals to ensure quality of work, reviewing and approving vendor proofs, supervising internal printing of boards, mockups, posters and fixture graphics for client presentations, and serving as a point of contact for all internal print production inquiries, issues and training.
- Print Production Manager at HATCHBEAUTY
- Packaging Production Artist at Herbalife, International
- Art Director at Woodward Laboratories Inc
- Art Production/Project Manager at Stylecraft
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Marriage, Family and Child Counseling
- Bachelor's - Graphic Design
Through innovative resources and specialized experience researched, initiated and implemented the Print Production /Creative Department for the Marketing Organization of MCI Business Markets Headquarters. Through this process, printing and manufacturing costs were reduced by up to 40% for this Fortune 50 corporation. Highlights of this management include: analysis of objective of printing, request for proposal (RFP); coordinate creative/design; projects awarded to manufacturer based on competitive bidding and strict budget /print guidelines; facilitate all aspects of print, offset, web, plastic card manufacturing, point of sale, packaging, finishing and fulfillment of materials for the marketing department. * Reporting and tracking of production processes, expenditures, coordinate approvals of composite proofs, printing, finishing, delivery and fulfillment * Ongoing research and development of improved manufacturing facilities, state of the art technology within the industry to enable revenue savings * Travel nationwide to investigate printing manufacturers and press approvals for MCI's versatile vendor base * Implementation and management of the internal MCI PrePaid Calling Card program encompassing plastic, teslin and poly manufacturing of cards for the promotional, retail and tradeshow programs * Specialist in phone card manufacturing and production. All areas of plastic printing for the telecard industry nationwide * Strict adherence to budget restraints, tracking and reporting to procurement and project managers; and day-to-day management of a 20+ million a year print budget * Assurance of MCI Corporate quality standards of products produced
- Print Production Manager, Specialist at MCI Telecommunications, Inc
- Print Specialist at Brock & Associates Advertising, Inc
- Full-time Production Manager at Nunn & Associates Advertising, Marketing & Design, Inc
- Full-time freelance production and print purchasing at Gordon Bailey & Associates Advertising, Inc
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Graphic Design
Create and manage production schedules for all print pieces including Retail Store Signage for 275 stores
and Catalog Mailings (75 million annually) as well as other recurring monthly and one-off projects.
• Communicate schedules to all internal teams and track progress from start to finish. Send daily task lists to all creative departments to ensure schedules stay on pace. Attend production status meetings daily.
• Manage the Retail Signage and Catalog budgets. Create quarterly and annual forecasts, and report monthly on actuals. Create purchase orders and track expenses.
• Select print vendors, obtain print bids and negotiate pricing.
• Build strong relationships with all outside vendors and internal partners.
• Responsible for quality of finished product of all printed pieces.
• Review fabric swatches against all color proofs to ensure color accuracy of J Jill clothing.
• Press approvals for monthly catalog and other printed pieces. Travel is required.
• Allocate monthly signage kit for all Retail Stores.
• Manage all printed elements of all store openings, closings, remodels, relocations.
• Manage the paper buying program for Catalog mailings.
• Manage one direct report who assists in entry level projects within the print production group.
- Print Production Manager at J Jill
- Marketing Production Manager at Jordan's Furniture
- Senior Account Manager at Spire
- Junior Account Manager at Spire
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS in Business Administration - Business Management
Manage Employees, Time sheets, Scheduling, Print Production
- Print Production Manager at DRUM-LINE
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school
• Execute consistent art direction to communicate a united message and engage key stakeholders and persuade and communicate across all Society channels.
• Provide print and digital brand and marketing support to all departments.
• Create production schedule and oversee print projects from initiation to completion for a quarterly magazine as well as biannual meetings; this includes vendor management, author communication, archiving and distribution.
• Participate in biannual meetings and support the meeting registration area by managing all student volunteers on site and supporting meeting staff at additional events.
• Go-to-person in all questions relating to skill and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (in particular, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). Key Achievements: Implemented proofing process for shared internal and external review that cut down production time depending on project by up to a week. Proactively conceived creative ideas that succeeded in communicating a strategic message with unique, attractive design. Became an integral part of the registration team at biannual meetings by managing advanced registration and supervising student volunteers.
- Graphic Designer/Print Production Manager at CORPORATE AND NON-PROFIT
- at CORPORATE AND NON-PROFIT
- Production Assistant/ Interface Production Manager at CORPORATE AND NON-PROFIT
- Graphic Designer at Princeton Financial
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science degree - Visual Arts and Computer Graphics
- M.Ed. - Physical Education and Geography