Back-up Institutional Review Board Coordinator, IRB Member * Acts as the Regional Health Privacy Officer. Responsible for developing and implementing privacy policies and procedures, as well as to serve as a contact person/office responsible for receiving complaints and providing individuals with information on the Regional Health's privacy practices. * Communicate new or revised regulations and guidelines to department managers, staff, physicians and administration. * Conducts and/or coordinates RH privacy program activities that include the investigation and resolution of patient privacy concerns and the delivery of patient rights granted under applicable privacy regulations as evidenced by documentation and feedback. * Conducts and/or coordinates privacy compliance assessments as needed, of current and proposed business entities to help the organization develop and/or maintain privacy standards and procedures that support strategic, tactical and operational objectives on a cost-effective basis. * Develops and/or assists with the development and delivery of timely, effective compliance education. The compliance education will support the Regional Health Code of Conduct and related Corporate Compliance Program and Policies. * Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to ensure compliance on a consistent basis and documents accordingly. * Assists with the development of strategies which promote regulatory compliance, best practices, and positive survey outcomes. * Assists with the development of oversight of quality initiatives outlined in the Office of Inspector General's Work plan that promotes regulatory compliance, best practices, and positive quality outcomes.Maintains compliance with regulations promulgated by regulatory agencies. Ensures effective day-to-day management of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) through efficient protocol submission, communication and process.
- Privacy Officer at Regional Health (RH), Corporate Compliance Department
- at Regional Health (RH), Corporate Compliance Department
- Research Compliance Specialist/Institutional Review Board Coordinator at Regional Health (RH), Corporate Compliance Department
- Director of the Department of Aging at Tioga Opportunities, Inc
2 months at this Job
- Masters in Organizational Leadership - MAOL
- Bachelor in Business - Economics and Administration
- Digital Privacy Officer at Department of Commerce
- Project Manager at Salesforce Platform, International Trade Administration (ITA)
- IT Consultant at Office of Government Policy, OMB/GSA
- TECHNOLOGY CHIEF AND IT PRODUCT MANAGER at U.S. Department of Commerce
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master - Project Management
- - Project Management
- B.S. in Computer Networking Engineering - Computer Networking Engineering
- - Management
- - Leadership and Communications
- - Management
Credentialing Coordinator & Privacy Officer
In this dual credentialing and privacy role, maintain credentials for five clinics, five ambulatory surgical centers, thirteen providers, seven physician assistants, twenty Certified Registered Nurse Aesthesis, and one pathology lab.
• Ensure complete compliance with all regulatory, accrediting, and membership-based organizations.
• Ensure staff and service compliance with all facility and staff policies, departmental guidelines and government regulations.
• Collect and process high volumes of verification and accreditation information including education, training, experience and licensure; ensure all information entered into the system remains accurate and up-to-date.
• Prepare and maintain records for regular audits including compiling requested files and documentation for CMS audits.
• Create business continuity, contingency and disaster recovery plans to safeguard against HIPAA non-compliance.
• Implement process improvements that foster information privacy awareness for not only the organization but for external partners as well.
• Act as a liaison to the information systems department and provides timely system reviews of information security plans to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices.
• Administer processes for receiving, tracking and investigating arising HIPAA compliance violations.
• Collaborate with all staff involved with the release of protected health information, to ensure full coordination and cooperation under the practice policies and procedures and to ensure legal requirements are met.
- Credentialing Coordinator & Privacy Officer at Digestive Health Specialists
- Eligibility Specialist at MEDCOST BENEFIT SERVICES
- Assistant Manager - Sales and Marketing at SOUTHERN VOICES, INC
6 years at this Job
- M.S. in Healthcare Administration - Healthcare Administration
- B.S.B.A. in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Practice Administrator for Large Hospitalist Group (38 Physicians ) and 15 ARNP's
• Perform recruiting efforts for staffing of 13 Facilities for Physicians and ARNP's
• Report Directly to the 5 owners
• Hipaa Privacy Officer
• Recruit and facilitate interview sessions for new Physicians and Midlevel providers
• Hire Office staff
• Liaison to an outside Billing company and Payroll company
• Work closely with Company Attorneys
• Developed Company Policy and Procedure Manual
• Facilitate payment of invoices, and provide data via QuickBooks to the outside Accountant
• Point of Contact for outside Managed care departments
• Oversee costs of company, analyze expenditures and look for ways to cut costs wherever possible
• Develop Policy and Procedures
• Process Improvement
• Review and track performance/productivity reports and share data with the Owners
• Facilitated the implementation of a Company Email Server
• Set up a Prescription Inventory Process
• On-boarded a Management Software (Priv Plus) for the Company to assist with Credentialing Providers, tracking and management tool to ensure Licensure alerts of impending expirations as well as upcoming Credentialing renewals to maintain a Data Base
• Planner of Company Events, (Holiday, and training)
• Developed Formal Company Orientation Program
• Oversee Profit and Loss reports, review with Physicians
• Monitor and Approve Company Payroll ($1,000,000.00 per month)
• Implemented the addition of Docu Sign for Company Contracts and Agreement to automate the Contract signing process
- Practice Administrator, Privacy Officer at Advanced Care Hospitalists
- Registered Nurse, Clinical Coordinator at Watson Clinic, LLP
- R.N. Clinical Supervisor at Columbia Homecare Home Health Company
- Registered Nurse at Lakeland Regional Medical Center
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Science Nursing - Science Nursing
Executive Assistant Notary Public SEMSA is a private, not-for-profit, Nevada based corporation. Its fundamental creation was to assist other ambulance, transportation services and communities. I was attracted to SEMSA because of their vision on rural and small metropolitan markets that struggle in the current reimbursement environment. Current Duties and Responsibilities Compliance/HIPAA/Privacy Officer: Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct; manage day-to-day operation of the Compliance Program; consult with legal counsel as needed to resolve compliance issues; respond to alleged violations of rules, regulation, policies, procedures, and the Code of Conduct; identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to proper and authorized agencies as appropriate or required; provide direction and management of the compliance hotline; conduct annual risk analysis; implementation of HIPAA's privacy and security standards; Cooperate with the Office of Inspector General (OIG); Responsible for training 250 + employees on HIPAA Compliance; conduct quarterly and annual audits on business office staff, Medicare Billing, charting, controlled substance/narcotic tracking and usage, etc.; train employees prior to court hearings, subpoena questioning, etc. Executive Assistant to CEO: Provide executive support to upper management; Arrange travel; Write, execute and maintain contracts; Assist with writing Requests for Proposals (RFP's); Collective Bargaining Agreements; Business Associate Agreements; Maintain the Policy & Procedure Manual; Annual EMS permit renewal; Travel to Merced, CA and Northern California to train partner organizations; Write newsletter articles and assist with content for our websites; Other Special Projects.
- Compliance / HIPAA / Privacy Officer at Sierra Medical Services Alliance (SEMSA)
- Executive Assistant at Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority (REMSA)
4 years at this Job
- - accordance
• Monitors and maintains compliance of all agency programs.
• Serves as the HIPAA Privacy Officer and conducts investigations in order to mitigate risk and analyze issues with Senior Leadership.
• Manages compliance hotline system and provides recommendations following an analysis of reported issues.
• Provides oversight and guidance for agency goals and process improvements.
• Reports directly to the Board of Director on a quarterly basis. Heads up the Compliance Committee and oversees a Quality Assurance Committee to promote a culture of CQI.
• Provides support and guidance to all directors and programs with regulations and laws.
- Quality Assurance Administrator/Privacy Officer at Concern
- Director of Quality Assurance at Quality Improvement, Creative Health Services, Inc
- Quality Improvement Coordinator, The Children's Home at Foster Care
- Consumer Relations Specialist at The Meadows Psychiatric Center
3 years at this Job
- Masters Degree in Clinical Counseling - Clinical Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Business/Marketing
- In-depth data analysis and program evaluation, including Power Point presentation of the data results to senior management. - Direct participation in the Agency's strategic plan including, Finance, Human Resources, Risk and Prevention and Program Administration - Analyze and evaluate trends on social and behavioral factors which has contributed to an increase in agency overall compliance and successful accreditation in 2018. - Implemented efficiency in performance implementation and record keeping for the entire agency - HIPAA Privacy Officer - Extensive policies and procedures writing and implementation. - Evaluation, drafting and writing of Policies and Procedures - Compliance and monitoring of contracts for 13 programs negotiated with both the State of Texas and the Federal Government. - Assist with negotiations of new contracts for program or services in the agency.
- Quality Assurance Manager & Privacy Officer at ACH Child and Family Services
- at Upbring, the new LSSS, Bokenkamp Shelter
- Program Director at Upbring, the new LSSS, Bokenkamp Shelter
- Lead Case Manager at Upbring, the new LSSS, Bokenkamp Shelter
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's in Laws - Laws
- Juris Doctor - Research Assistant
I am currently a Director of Health information management department and Privacy Officer.
- Director of Health Information Services and Privacy Officer at Suncoast Behavioral Health Center
- Remote HCC Coder, Temp Outpatient at Altegra Health
- Medical Assistant at Three Rivers Behavioral Health
- EKG Tech.Prn at Providence Hospital
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - General Technical Specialty
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Health Information Technology
- Associate of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
- - Medical Assistant, Front and Back office skills
Director of HIM Leadership role for a start up facility Facility Medical Coder Privacy Officer Over see all the physician training for the facility
- Director of HIM/Privacy Officer at UHS Palm Point Behavioral
- Director of HIM/Privacy Officer at Circles of Care, Inc
- Director of HIM/Privacy/Compliance Officer at North Tampa Behavioral Health
- Medical Coder Inpatient/ Assistant Supervisor at Marshall I Pickens
6 months at this Job
- Associate - HIM
- CPC Certification - Medical Coding & Compliance
• Oversee all aspect of public records requests for the Department of Health.
• Create strategic and tactical direction for the department to respond to HIPAA violations and breaches of PHI and PII.
• Coordinate and organize day-to-day operations of fifteen local privacy officer stationed throughout the state.
• Developed, facilitated, and recommended policy on a Department wide basis utilizing an extensive knowledge of state and federal privacy law.
• Oversee the Risk Assessment Team responsible for risk analysis of HIPAA violations and breaches.
• Consultant to other Executive agencies for complex IPRA requests
- Chief Privacy Officer/Chief Records Coordinator at State of New Mexico
- Human Resources Director at State of New Mexico
- Administrative Law Judge at State of New Mexico
- Hearing Officer at State of Virginia
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- BA - Literature/Political Science