• Performed financial valuation analysis through the use of discounted cash flow, trading comparables, and precedent transaction comparables
• Analyzed market trends, competition, and potential strategic partners using information obtained from multiple data sources
• Prepared extensive investment due diligence materials for both internal and external presentations.
• Communicated with client inquires and questions regarding current and future investments.
• Assisted in all stages of private equity acquisition process including deal sourcing, industry research, management calls and detailed due diligence
• Trained and managed summer interns and analysts.
- Private Equity Associate at ZeoCap Partners
- Banking Strategy Summer Associate at Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
- Senior Leader, 82 Airborne Division at United States Army
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of the Arts - Management and Economics
Jan. 2017 - Sep. 2017
• Assisted the Partners of ShoreView with the allocation of capital across three $300 million funds
• Examined numerous investment opportunities across all major industries, specializing in family owned / operated and pre-institutionalized businesses generating between $5 - $15 million of EBITDA
• Participated in all phases of the investment cycle, from initial investigation, comprehensive due diligence, legal documentation, investment funding, participating in Board of Director meetings and the exit process
• Lead the firm's analyst recruiting and training programs, ensuring their preparation for the private equity field Selected Portfolio Company Experience Hermetic Solutions Group - Manufactures Housings that Protect Electronics from Extreme Environments
• Assisted in the acquisition and combination of three separate businesses, creating the market leader in the hermetic packaging solution industry o Transformed an investment with $25 million / $4 million of sales / EBITDA to $75 million / $18 million
• Worked with the Partners of ShoreView to asses internal and external management talent and make necessary employment decisions to consolidate the disparate businesses under a single, functional organizational chart G.E.T. Enterprises - Designs, Sources and Distributes Tableware Product Made from Alternative Materials
• Assisted the CEO and CFO with monthly financial reporting and the compiling of detailed yearly budgets
• Managed the process of three successful add-on acquisitions which grew sales and earnings by 27% and 19% o Activities including meeting with the business owners, coordinating with lending institutions, assisting in the preparation of purchase agreements and performing comprehensive synergy / integration analyses
- Private Equity Associate; Private Equity Senior Associate at ShoreView Industries LLC
- Investment Banking Analyst at Citigroup Inc
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree - Finance
Performed financial valuation analysis through the use of discounted cash flow, trading comparables, and precedent transaction
• Calculated capital call and distribution allocations upon client directives; assisted in generation of those notices to investors; monitored cash contributions or withdrawals as necessary.
• Assisted in raising $35MM for an Oil and Gas private equity fund.
• Prepared Well NPV calculations to estimate the value of our current portfolio before submitting for sale to a potential buyer(s).
• Assisted in preparing detailed quarterly financial reports to include a Balance Sheet, Income Statement, CF Statement, Capital
- VP of Operations (Private Equity Associate) at ZeoCap Partners
- Intern (Private Equity Associate) at Account Statements
- Pole Loading Analyst at Texas Utility Engineering
- MWD/LWD Field Specialist III at Baker Hughes
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Real Estate
- Master of Science in Aeronautics - Aeronautics
• Lead Associate for new opportunities throughout the transaction process; including company research, deal valuation, 60-day exclusivity and due diligence period, and capital structuring of senior and mezzanine debt
• Built leverage buyout models and investor presentations for platform and add-on opportunities of Business Services, Consumer Products, Healthcare Services, and Industrial Products ranging from $50 - $300 million in revenue then led opportunity overview and Q&A at investment committee meetings
• Managed and assisted teams in conducting industry research, and built competitor and product analyses of Consumer and Manufacturing goods during the due diligence phase of acquiring target companies
• Created debt financing requests and investment memos - including modeling IRR, post-closing working capital needs, competitive landscape and add-on opportunities, and products/customers/management overview
• Led feedback and mentorship session with junior team members and planned company events and initiatives
- Private Equity Associate Intern at KINZIE CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Financial Advisor at MORGAN STANLEY
- Investment Banking Analyst at HOULIHAN LOKEY
11 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business, Finance, Strategy, Statistics
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Analyzed more than twenty potential investments, developing detailed financial models and appraising opportunities on all aspects of operational, commercial, legal, corporate governance, and human elements - Led the entire due diligence process for a prominent investment, coordinating multiple stakeholders - Worked directly with portfolio company's management, leading strategic, operational, and financial projects - Independently gathered market, industry, and background information on targeted sectors and companies developing investment thesis that led to investment opportunities for the $70 million fund - Prepared portfolio update reports on current holdings for GEF's investment committees and limited partners
- Private Equity Associate at Global Environment Fund
- Senior Analyst at Student Value Fund
- Firm Risk Management Co-Op at Morgan Stanley
- Private Equity Investment Intern at Global Environment Fund
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in International Business - Finance
Family office of Andrew Paul (former Management Committee Sr. Executive at Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe);
invests $1-$5mm of equity in growth-stage companies primarily in healthcare services, digital marketing and tech-enabled
/ business services; portfolio of 25 companies, board seats / actively manage 12
• Integral member of entrepreneurial five-person investment team; one of Sopris' first two Associates; built infrastructure and established protocols for portfolio reporting, investment committee presentations and pipeline management
• Personally responsible for 12 portfolio companies, 5 actively managed with board seats: Ethology (digital marketing), Tallwave (venture accelerator/incubator), HDS (healthcare data services), Apollidon (online education marketing), TurningPoint (surgery cost-management)
• Weekly interaction with C-level executives; approve budgets, create / manage monthly reporting packages, identify financial trends to evaluate potential risks or opportunities, manage sale processes, brainstorm executive strategy meetings, etc
• Source new investment opportunities from personal network, internet research and investment bankers
• Assess opportunities through financial modeling, diligence calls with management, consulting Sopris' industry contacts, online market research, use of personal network, etc.
• Create investment presentations for weekly partner meetings to discuss which pipeline deals to pursue
- Private Equity Associate at Sopris Capital Associates, LLC
- Investment Banking Analyst at Oppenheimer & Co
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Finance and Economics
Supported the firm's founding partners as sole associate with deal origination and evaluation of acquisition opportunities across multiple industries including business and industrial services, specialty manufacturing and distribution, and for-profit education SELECTED TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE
Supported the firm's founding partners as sole associate with deal origination and evaluation of acquisition opportunities across multiple industries including business and industrial services, specialty manufacturing and distribution, and for-profit education
SELECTED TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE
- Private Equity Associate at NCK CAPITAL
- Asset Management Analyst at J.P. MORGAN CHASE
- Investment Banking Analyst at ROBERT W. BAIRD
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Investments and Corporate Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
• Assist in preparing information for Client LP and Audit requests.
• Posting journal entries and recording daily activity in accounting and performance systems.
• Preparing accurate and timely Net Asset Valuation packages.
• Prepare capital calls, distribution notices, and daily wire requests of $500,000+ in accordance to client request.
• Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, work papers and partner's capital statements.
• Review and prepare work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals and valuation adjustments.
• Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms.
- Private Equity Associate at SS&C Technologies Inc
- Financial Associate at Citibank N.A
- Bookkeeper at Citibank N.A
- Front-end Manager/Cashier at Mignosis's Supermarket
11 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting - Relevant
Evaluated 50+ investment opportunities, conducting analysis on business models, key financial and operational trends, industries,
and transaction structures, and presenting findings to both internal and external teams
• Closely interfaced with five portfolio companies, attending quarterly board meetings and consulting with management teams to review add-on acquisition opportunities, evaluate operational metrics, process improvements, and growth strategies, and produce detailed reporting analyses
• Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of transaction execution, including purchase and credit agreement negotiation, information technology and infrastructure evaluation, and compliance, regulatory, and tax assessment
• Directed numerous third-party due diligence assessments of potential investments, aligning executives and advisors in order to determine project scope, map out key steps, and finalize deliverables
• Developed deep industry expertise across healthcare business models, markets, and trends, with particular focus on HCIT, multi- site providers, staffing, medical products, and payer services
- Private Equity Associate at Beecken Petty O'Keefe & Company
- Investment Banking Analyst at Lincoln International
- at Bear Discounts
- Co-Owner at Bear Discounts
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Biology and Economics
• Co-invest with partner private capital firms, with investments that range from traditional buyout, growth equity, venture, and mezzanine debt
• Defended an IC memo for a portfolio company raising equity to fund debt repayments and effectuate an equity cure for debt covenants
- Private Equity Professional at UNC Kenan-Flagler Private Equity Fund
- Private Equity Associate at Resilience Capital Partners
- Investment Banking Associate - Food, Consumer & Retail Group at BMO Capital Markets
- Investment Banking Analyst - Mergers & Acquisitions Group at KeyBanc Capital Markets
7 months at this Job
- Master's - MBA
- Bachelor's - Accounting & Finance - GPA: 3.66