Responsible for reviewing cases and proposed documents to assure compliance with local rules and applicable law. Prepares orders and briefs the Presiding Judge on cases involving eminent domain and probate matters including Small Estate Affidavits, Heirships, and the Court's Uncontested Docket for Will prove-ups. Communicates with attorneys and the general public regarding procedural issues. Maintains the Court’s docket for heirship cases and coordinates with other court staff for calendar management. Assists the Court's Law Clerk with procedural questions and legal research. Back-up and trainer for Court Coordinator. Maintains "Law Clerk Book" with weekly updates on most common legal issues and Court policies on day-to-day matters.
Responsible for reviewing cases and proposed documents to assure compliance with local rules and applicable law.
Prepares orders and briefs the Presiding Judge on cases involving eminent domain and probate matters including Small Estate Affidavits, Heirships, and the Court's Uncontested Docket for Will prove-ups.
Communicates with attorneys and the general public regarding procedural issues.
Maintains the Court’s docket for heirship cases and coordinates with other court staff for calendar management.
Assists the Court's Law Clerk with procedural questions and legal research.
Back-up and trainer for Court Coordinator.
Maintains "Law Clerk Book" with weekly updates on most common legal issues and Court policies on day-to-day matters.
- Probate Paralegal at Travis County Probate Court
- Court Coordinator at Travis County Probate Court
- Court Clerk I at Travis County Clerk's Office
- Law Clerk at Ministério Público do Estado do Paraná - State Prosecuting Attorney's Office
9 months at this Job
- Professional Certificate - Paralegal Studies
- Specialist - Civil Procedures
- Bachelor's of Law, LL.B - Law
Part-time probate paralegal
Part-time probate paralegal
- Probate Paralegal at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Paralegal - Estate Planning & Probate at The Dean Law Group
- Paralegal - Independent Contractor at The Law Office of Patricia Andel
- Paralegal - Independent Contractor at Doppelt & Forney
5 months at this Job
- Certificate - Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor's - European Studies & French
Responsible for Decedent, Trust, Guardian of Estate and Conservatorship Accountings, Conservator files and Guardian of the Mentally Retarded files, 1 year reviews, 3 year reviews, set down new applications for hearings and help the public with probate forms.
• Assist the Probate Judge in hearings and prepare documents for the Judge's signature.
• Process Connecticut 706 NT and issue Certificate of No Tax.
- PROBATE PARALEGAL and CLERK at Waterbury Probate Court
- Paralegal at Joseph E. Horzepa, Esq.
11 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Human Services
- Certificate - Paralegal
- - General and Pre-Law Studies
- High School Diploma - General Studies
Prepare legal documents in connection with probating Estates and file them with various Probate Courts in surrounding counties, Estate Planning documents (Wills, Trusts, Durable and Medical Powers of Attorney, Directive to Physician, Declaration of Guardianship), as well as Deeds; obtain EIN (Employment Identification Number) for Estates and Trusts as needed; calendar all hearings and appointments; generate letters and emails to clients, court coordinators, opposing counsel, and court clerks; redesigned Excel spreadsheets to facilitate in organization of case information, and my timesheets; coordinate times with all parties involved and set hearings; file documents to create LLCs, etc., for clients as needed; answer the telephone; assemble case files for new clients, and maintain current case files; and transcribe correspondence as attorney is speaking.
- Estate Planning and Probate Paralegal at STEVEN E. PIRTLE LAW OFFICE
- Estate Planning and Probate Paralegal at LOE, WARREN, ROSENFIELD
- Paralegal at STICKELS LAW & ASSOCIATES, P.C
- Paralegal/Pre-Lit at DAVID S. KOHM & ASSOCIATES
1 year at this Job
- Associate of Arts degree - Paralegal Studies
• Drafting and preparation of estate planning documents.
• Trust management, accounting of trust assets, and record keeping.
• Formation of For-Profit and Non-Profit Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, and Partnerships.
• Maintenance of corporate books including preparation of Bylaws, the issuance and cancellation of stock certificates, preparation of annual minutes, and review of corporate records.
• Filing of Application for Tax-Exempt Status, Form 1023 for Non-Profit Corporations, Private Foundations, and Tax-Exempt Trusts.
• Timely filing of state annual reports and franchise taxes for various entities.
• Title research and deed preparation to assist with transfer of real estate.
• Probate and trust administration including preparation of pleadings and orders, formal service of administration documents, drafting of correspondence to trustees and personal representatives providing legal advice relating to duties and representation.
- Estate Planning and Probate Paralegal at Greenberg Traurig, PA
- Contract Receptionist at Greenberg Traurig, PA
- Office Assistant at College of Fine Arts and Humanities
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Florida Registered Paralegal
I started working for lawyers in September 1966 while I was attending Sinclair Community College to obtain an Associate's Degree in Accounting. In January 1972 I stopped working full-time, but kept my "foot in the door" by working as a fill-in for several law offices in and around the Fairborn area. During this time I earned my Paralegal Degree in 1979 from Sinclair Community College. I went back to work full-time in September 1983 through September 1993, and in January 1994 I attended the Stenotype Institute in Springfield, Ohio (and worked part-time assisting attorneys with their probate practice), to obtain a court reporting certificate, which was never completed. In May 1995, I decided to establish myself as a freelance Probate Paralegal. I have worked in my home office and in law offices from May 1995 to present.
- Probate Paralegal at Various law offices in Dayton, Ohio area
24 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate's Degree - Paralegal Studies 1979
- Associate's Degree - Accounting 1967
Haber & Rollings, f/k/a Warchol, Merchant & Rollings, f/k/a Cottrell, Warchol & Merchant; Probate Paralegal was my primary responsibility. I handled 98% of all aspects relating to all probate files. The only responsibility I did not have was representing clients in court. (During this 15-year tenure, I applied for, received and maintained my Florida Registered Paralegal designation.)
- Probate Paralegal at Jones
- Probate and Guardianship Paralegal at Norma Hand Brill, P.A
- Cottrell, Warchol & Merchant - General practice secretary/assistant at business and litigation practice attorneys
15 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Draft Estate documents such as; wills, trusts, powers of attorney, healthcare directives, living wills and deeds - Post-death trust administration - Draft petitions, letters and notices, file with the courts - Assist Clients with transferring assets - Prepare paperwork to claim life insurance and retirement accounts - NV Notary License - Create LLC's, Draft Operating Agreements, Series Supplements, & Articles of Organization - Obtain EINs for businesses
- Estate Planning/Probate Paralegal at Clear Counsel Law Group
- Litigation Clerk at Law Offices of Nigel Burns
- Litigation Clerk at Grant, Genovese, and Baratta LLP
2 years, 11 months at this Job
duties relating to the operational affairs of the firm and performs various clerical
duties within the office. Provide related administrative support to the firm at the direction of the Attorney.
Implemented the entire process of transferring client assets into trusts, trust settlements, or other legal
entities to include asset analysis, producing asset spreadsheets, correspondence with financial advisors,
clients' and supporting professionals, etc. Initiated the written correspondence, including deeds,
beneficiary designations, and re-titling of specific assets. Responsible for overseeing the entire process of funding assets to a trust from start to finish.
• Review of client's personal information form, information is organized to complete a client profile in database software, an asset spreadsheet and open a funding file;
• Review asset spreadsheet with attorney and client to determine proper funding location for each asset. Each asset is evaluated and clients or their advisors are contacted if there are questions or additional documentation necessary;
• Necessary transfer and authorization forms are requested from the various insurance companies, investment brokers, retirement agents, employee benefit services and banks and prepared prior to the trust execution;
• Draft letters of instruction, answering clients' estate and probate questions. Provide assurance that the process can be completed smoothly;
• Keeping track of and responding to all requests for additional documentation and, if necessary, has follow up meeting with clients; and
• When all assets have been funded, confirming the completion of each asset. Upon review and approval the Closing Letter is mailed.
- Estate and Probate Paralegal at STRAUSS & ASSOCIATES, P.A
- Criminal Paralegal at LAW OFFICE OF STANLEY D. YOUNG
- Estate and Probate Paralegal at LITTLE and LATTIMORE, P.A
- Suttles Surveying, PA- Administrative Assistant at HERITAGE HEALTH CARE CENTER
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Masters - Entrepreneurship
- B.S. - Human Services
- A.A.S. - Paralegal Studies
• Draft and file court pleadings in various Florida counties.
• Draft and record deeds in the land records of various Florida counties.
• Active case management of dozens of probate files.
• Assist attorney and clients with asset management, liquidation, and distribution.
• Calendar management and appointment setting for assigned attorneys.
- Probate Paralegal at Osterhout & McKinney, P.A
- Shipping/Receiving Clerk at UPS Store
- Correctional Officer at Tennessee Department of Corrections
- Temporary Line Worker at CHASE Staffing
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.A. - Politics and Government