Melville, New York April 2017-October 2018
Aldridge Pite, LLP is a multi-state law firm offering services in Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington. Aldridge Pite is a full-service provider of legal services to depository and non-depository financial institutions including banks, credit unions, mortgage servicing concerns, institutional investors, private firms, and other commercial clients.
Foreclosure- Probate Paralegal
• Assisted the Surrogate's attorney with research of documents to determine if Surrogate's or Publication is needed to proceed with Foreclosure.
• Analysis of Death Certificate, Due Diligence Affidavits and other supporting documents needed to prepare the Petition Affidavit for courtfiling.
• Communicated with vendors to request Heir Search Affidavits and other documents needed to submit to court.
• Prepared Notice of Motion, Order to Substitute Service, Amended Pleadings such as Notice of Pendency, Supplemental Summons and Amended Complaint, Order To Extend Time To Serve, Order To Extend Time To Publish, Guardian Ad Litem and RJI documents needed to proceed with either Surrogate's or Publication proceedings.
• Maintained the surrogate's attorney schedule for court updates and appearances.
• Communicated with the county clerk office to discuss document status, filing procedures and other court related questions.
• Update Black Knight (LPS), Tempo and other client systems with updates, re-projections, and fee request
• Sent all motions and supporting documents for filing either regular mail or E-filed.
• Maintained and monitored all client billing, fee request approvals and denials.
- Foreclosure- Probate Paralegal at Aldridge Pite, LLP
- Bankruptcy Paralegal - Peak Title Department at Aldridge Pite, LLP
- A member at Johnson & Freedman, LLP
- Receptionist /Administrative Assistant at Crump Insurance Services
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Responsible for reviewing cases and proposed documents, preparing orders, and briefing the Presiding Judge on Condemnations, Small Estate Affidavits, Heirships, and the Court's Uncontested Docket for Will prove-ups. Communicates with attorneys and the general public regarding procedural issues.
- Probate Paralegal at Travis County Probate Court
- Court Coordinator at Travis County Probate Court
- Court Clerk I at Travis County Clerk's Office
- Law Clerk at Ministério Público do Estado do Paraná - State Prosecuting Attorney's Office
6 months at this Job
- Professional Certificate - Paralegal Studies
- Specialist - Civil Procedures
- Bachelor's of Law, LL.B - Law
I started working for lawyers in September 1966 while I was attending Sinclair Community College to obtain an Associate's Degree in Accounting. In January 1972 I stopped working full-time, but kept my "foot in the door" by working as a fill-in for several law offices in and around the Fairborn area. During this time I earned my Paralegal Degree in 1979 from Sinclair Community College. I went back to work full-time in September 1983 through September 1993, and in January 1994 I attended the Stenotype Institute in Springfield, Ohio (and worked part-time assisting attorneys with their probate practice), to obtain a court reporting certificate, which was never completed. In May 1995, I decided to establish myself as a freelance Probate Paralegal. I have worked in my home office and in law offices from May 1995 to present.
- Probate Paralegal at Various law offices in Dayton, Ohio area
23 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree - Paralegal 1979
- Associate's Degree - Accounting 1967
* Manage all correspondence with the Court, including handling court calendars and any mailings. * Draft pleadings for probate matters, as well as correspondence on behalf of attorneys. * Build and grow relationships with clients for probate cases. * Manage probate cases during their administration. * Assist attorneys during client consultations. * Prepare Federal and Maryland Estate Tax returns. * Prepare Inventories and Accountings. * Prepare estate and trust distributions. * Handle cases with Texas mineral rights.
- Probate Paralegal at Pasternak & Fidis, P.C
- Paralegal at Wright Abshire, Attorneys, P.C
- Paralegal at Mitnick & Malzberg, PC
- Paralegal at Stephen A. Doggett
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
duties relating to the operational affairs of the firm and performs various clerical
duties within the office. Provide related administrative support to the firm at the direction of the Attorney.
Implemented the entire process of transferring client assets into trusts, trust settlements, or other legal
entities to include asset analysis, producing asset spreadsheets, correspondence with financial advisors,
clients' and supporting professionals, etc. Initiated the written correspondence, including deeds,
beneficiary designations, and re-titling of specific assets. Responsible for overseeing the entire process of funding assets to a trust from start to finish.
• Review of client's personal information form, information is organized to complete a client profile in database software, an asset spreadsheet and open a funding file;
• Review asset spreadsheet with attorney and client to determine proper funding location for each asset. Each asset is evaluated and clients or their advisors are contacted if there are questions or additional documentation necessary;
• Necessary transfer and authorization forms are requested from the various insurance companies, investment brokers, retirement agents, employee benefit services and banks and prepared prior to the trust execution;
• Draft letters of instruction, answering clients' estate and probate questions. Provide assurance that the process can be completed smoothly;
• Keeping track of and responding to all requests for additional documentation and, if necessary, has follow up meeting with clients; and
• When all assets have been funded, confirming the completion of each asset. Upon review and approval the Closing Letter is mailed.
- Estate and Probate Paralegal at STRAUSS & ASSOCIATES, P.A
- Criminal Paralegal at LAW OFFICE OF STANLEY D. YOUNG
- Estate and Probate Paralegal at LITTLE and LATTIMORE, P.A
- Suttles Surveying, PA- Administrative Assistant at HERITAGE HEALTH CARE CENTER
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Masters - Entrepreneurship
- B.S. - Human Services
- A.A.S. - Paralegal Studies
o Preparation of LLC and Corporation documents
o LLC and Corporation filings
o Maintaining yearly filings
o Maintaining Minute Books
o IRS filings
• Probate Law o IRS filings o Court filings o Inventories o Estate Tax Filings
- Corporate and Probate Paralegal at Lamson, Dugan, and Murray, LLP
- Legal Assistant at Schaefer Shapiro, LLP
- Paralegal at Eric H. Lindquist, P.C
- Paralegal at Steffi A. Swanson, P.C., L.L.O.
at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Science-Criminal Justice
- Associate - Paralegal Studies
- Diploma - General Studies
Responsible for the preparation of all documents related to the administration of an estate, including but not limited to the preparation of the Inheritance Tax Returns, management of the estate checking account, preparation of all legal pleadings submitted to the county Surrogate's Court, heavy client contact through email, telephone and in-office meetings, contact with financial institutions, preparation of the accounting of the estate, etc.
- Probate Paralegal at Price & Price
- Paralegal at Stern & Eisenberg, PC
- Paralegal at Kearns , Reale & Kearns
- Paralegal at Law Offices of W. Robb Graham, LLC
1 year, 2 months at this Job
• Performed property searches, researching mortgages, deeds, and tax information.
• Initiated title search requests with Attorneys' Title Fund Services (the Fund) and utilized WEB ATIDS and ProPel to obtain documents.
• Prepared and edited Title Commitments and commercial and residential real estate closing documents utilizing AltaStar and DoubleTime, including the newly required Closing Disclosure forms and Closing Protection Letter.
• Drafted Contracts, Leases, Bills of Sale, and drafted and recorded Warranty Deeds.
• Researched Miami-Dade Building Code and scheduled meetings with City Councils and Building Departments of North Miami, Hialeah, and the City of Miami Beach.
• Involved in prevention of the demolition of a historical Art Deco hotel and condominium on Collins Avenue, Miami Beach.
• Researched Central Bank of Nicaragua sale of Certificates of Deposit to the National Bank of Paris in the 1990s, digested expert depositions as to veracity of such CDs, and composed cross-examination questions for court.
• Drafted pleadings and proposed orders on both sides of many foreclosure and eviction cases, electronically filing with the Florida eFiling website and Third District Court of Appeals, and scheduled hearings with eCourtesy.
• Researched appeals and bankruptcy pleadings through PACER.
• Opened corporations and limited liability companies with the Florida Secretary of State, as well as in the British Virgin Islands and the Bahamas through Trident Trust.
• Drafted company books and minutes, and kept up databases of company board members for BVI and Bahamian companies according to requirements.
• Drafted estate planning and trust documents, such as Last Will & Testaments, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Trust Agreements.
• Drafted pleadings and proposed orders for Estates and Guardianships in Probate Court, electronically filing with the Florida eFiling website and eCourtesy.
- Real Estate and Probate Paralegal at Lott & Levine
- Assistant Business Manager at Lee Hecht Harrison
- Intellectual Property Assistant at Wolf Greenfield, IP Law
- Legal temp at Routhier Placement Specialists
8 years at this Job
- H.S. Diploma
• Under supervision of attorneys draft documents including Pleadings, e-file in state and federal courts, draft estate planning documents, assist in will signings, and e-file in Probate Court.
- Estate Planning and Probate Paralegal at The DuBoff Law Group
- Intern at
- Caregiver at Oregon Department of Health and Human Services
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Paralegal Studies
Part-time probate paralegal
- Probate Paralegal at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Paralegal - Estate Planning & Probate at The Dean Law Group
- Paralegal - Independent Contractor at The Law Office of Patricia Andel
- Paralegal - Independent Contractor at Doppelt & Forney
2 months at this Job
- Certificate - Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor's - European Studies & French