My roles as a Process Chemist are to go into the field, collect samples of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products as well as inspect samples to see if they meet specifications and make changes if needed by using lab equipment and several formulas. I'm also responsible for the general upkeep of the laboratory and its equipment. Skills: XRD, Titration, Quality Control, Time-Management, 5S, CI Achievements: help implement 5S and CI in the lab.
- Process Chemist at Groupos Cementos de Chihuahua
- Substitute Teacher at Jim Hogg County ISD
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering - Chemical Engineering
Responsibilities: - Create protocols for OQ/PQ validation of process equipment - Deviation investigation and troubleshooting - GMP test planning and training - Document management - LEAN SOP writing - Upstream and cleaning validation (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- PROCESS CHEMIST at NOVO NORDISK A/S
- QA/REGULATORY AFFAIRS INTERNSHIP at BLUSENSE DIAGNOSTICS
- LABORATORY SERVICE ASSISTANT at UNIVERSITY OF COPENHAGEN
- DOCENT at MUSEUM OF NATURAL MEDICINE
1 year at this Job
- Master's - PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- Bachelor's - PHARMACY
- Perform quality testing for predetermined specifications for production batches. - Suggest chemical adds to bring production batches into customer specifications.- Monitor production batches for potential contamination prior to packaging. - Perform quality sampling and testing of raw materials and approve raw materials for release and use for production. - Perform quality testing on finished products and generate applicable Certificate Of Analysis for customers. - Make routine decisions in collaboration with QC line technicians regarding filling pressures, process, and packaging of specific products. - Generate product specific Barcodes for product packaging. - Make routine decisions in collaboration with Production Line Leaders regarding approval of batches, product packaging, and chemical wash out procedures. - Maintain production line Water Baths for proper chemical additives of anti-corrosives, detergents, degreasers, and proper Water Bath temperature and level. - Maintain analytical supplies, analytical reagents, and glassware cleaning chemicals. - Assure QA tests and methods are specific for product per QA database. - Utilize multiple computer skills to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Office Suite, SAP, and Citrix. - Properly record and store QA results and retain samples for raw materials, chemical batches, production samples, packaging material, and finished products. - Follow all Safety Guidelines for Lab, Compounding area, and line QC stations to include proper PPE utilization. - Properly Release and Label all incoming Raw materials for use in production and all chemicals and reagents stored in the Lab or QC area. - Maintain QA laboratory orderliness, order and maintain laboratory supplies, and maintain and appropriately document the calibration of laboratory equipment. - Consistently collectively work with R&D Chemist, Analytical Chemist, and QA Director. - Collaboratively supervise 3 to 5 QC line technicians, 2 to 3 Compounders, and interact with Production supervisor and Line supervisors in order to assure and optimize Quality product production and packaging.
- Process Chemist / Lab Technician at Plaze Aerasol Corporation
- Security Officer / Security Supervisor at Sole Proprietor
- Procurement & Supply Technician at Beaulieu of America ( Memofil Fibers Plant )
- Laboratory Technician / Quality Assurance at Hercules Chemicals ( Aqualon / Benchmark )
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Degree - Master's of Science in Nursing ~ Anesthesia ( Advanced Practice )
- Diploma - Bachelor's in Business Administartion ( Granted ~ Prior Precursor to Master's HSA )
- Degree - Master's in Health Services Administration
- Degree - Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
- Degree - Associate of Science in General Science
- Degree - Assiciate of Arts in Psychology
- Degree - Associate of Science in Nursing
- Technical Certificate - Emergency Medical Technician / Paramedic
· Rapidly scaled up multiple intermediates for API route scouting and process development.
- Process Chemist at Apex Life Sciences at Merck
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Fox Chase Chemical Diversity Center, Inc
- Graduate Student Research Assistant at University of Michigan
- Internship at Dow Agrosciences
1 year at this Job
- Ph.D. - Organic Chemistry
- M.S. - Chemistry
- B.S. - Chemistry
Monitor plant process issues and determine measures to increase process efficiency and right first time (RFT) ratings - Monitor batch histories and recommend formula adjustments as needed. - Perform 5 gallon scale-ups and note process issues for formulators - Recommend factory equipment modifications and trained mill men as required to optimize plant production.
- Process Chemist at Dunn- Edwards Corporation
- Plant Manager at Dunn-Edwards Corporation
- PI implementation project lead at SAP PP
- Assistant Plant Manager at
11 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Metallurgy
- - Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
• Effectively support chemical process development programs for MDI and Polyols, i.e., Polyurethane products
• Develop test methods for characterization and quality control
• Provide Process Technology support to Manufacturing, and helping troubleshoot operational problems that may have a fundamental technology root cause
• Work with Process Engineering and Operations to propose new/redesigned equipment or operating conditions to enhance operability with desired product properties
• Provide technological basis for operational excellence; helping transfer analytical technology needed to properly apply Quality Assurance/Quality Control to products when required by manufacturing specifications; and assisting in optimizing operations without diminishing product quality
• Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standards to maintain site recertification
- Process Chemist at Rubicon LLC
- Laboratory Supervisor at Olin Corporation
- Laboratory Analyst at Olin Corporation
- Chemist at Core Laboratories- Saybolt LP
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Chemistry
• Performed batch process production of polymer products (1 liter reaction – 30 liter reaction scale).
• Worked with several products on a pilot scale that were transferred to production.
• Adjusted processes and chemical compositions based on data-analysis to improve reliability and product quality.
• Analyzed in-process compounds utilizing lab equipment, FTIR spectroscopy, NMR spectroscopy, and GPC techniques.
• Familiar with vacuum filtration and distillation, rotary evaporator, and Wiped Film Evaporator (WFE).
• Prepared elastomeric samples evaluating mechanical properties using an Instron universal testing machine and Shore hardness in accordance with ASTM standards.
• Used several types of processing equipment to make polymer blends and composites (double planetary mixer FlackTek SpeedMixer, and desktop hammermill).
- Process Chemist at Gelest Inc
- Internship - Swelling of Macro-organic Compounds at Penn State University
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Materials Science and Engineering, option: Polymers
• In-process testing of controlled and non-controlled substances in a cGMP laboratory.
• Techniques include: KF and Non Aqueous titrations, and wet chemistry.
• Daily duties include: quality control testing of raw, in-process, and finished materials, laboratory maintenance, instrument maintenance, and equipment calibration.
• Maintain compliance with SOPs and DEA regulations.
- In Process Chemist at Siegfried USA
- Associate Scientist at PPD Laboratories
- Microbiology Laboratory Technician at QC Laboratories
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemistry
o Actively promote the identified opportunities for adding value to downstream purification process by reducing unit operations and waste streams by working with engineering team and supported recommendation with laboratory-scale research and analytical results. o Synthesize polyesters resins with dicyclopentadiene, diol, dicarboxylic acid, and maleic anhydride and further functionalizing for formulation to a variety of applications including coatings, UV curable, and printing. o Produce polyester resins with isosorbide, diol, and dicarboxylic acid to improve toughness of subsequent polymer blends including formulations appropriate for injection molding and 3D printing. o Offer expertise in other polymer formulations including polyurethanes (both rigid and foams), polylactic acid, resins from vegetable oil, and poly(acrylic acid). o Provide sales team requested samples including customer specific formulation of polymer polyols. o Communicate sound scientific results and ideas to grow the company's intellectual property assets through patent composition and submission with internal IP counsel. o Continue all previous duties described below.
- Senior Process Chemist at PTTGC Innovation America Corporation
- Process Chemist at PTTGC Innovation America Corporation
- Postdoctoral Researcher at LSU AgCenter, Audubon Sugar Institute
- Graduate Assistant at Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Macromolecular Studies
- Bachelor's - Polymer Science
· Worked with and developed products for companies that met their specifications for manufacturing, marketing or consumer requirements by refining the formulas to create desired properties and results. · Scaled up products successfully by gathering data and processing conditions on laboratory and pilot scale equipment. · Brought new products online efficiently by organizing trials on production equipment to determine batch sizes, time, yields, optimal equipment settings, and other important parameters. · Ensured little downtime by troubleshooting equipment fixes and process improvements on the pilot and production equipment. · Created standard operating procedures and technical data sheets for new products by performing a variety of tests including kappa number, residual effective alkali, handsheet formation and tensile testing, and chemical composition characterization.
- Process Chemist at Sunstrand LLC
- Chemistry Intern at Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Laboratory Technician at University of Kentucky Biopharmaceutical Building
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - Biochemical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Chemistry