30303 (404) 215-0116 My responsibilities as a Process Control Engineer for the City of Atlanta; I support Intrenchment Creek, Utoy Creek, Pump Station's and the CSO's by maintaining the Foxboro DCS, PLC SCADA systems, I assist in the training of the Process Control Techs, troubleshooting and diagnostic of control issues as well as make recommendations on engineering and design of various project throughout the Watershed Wastewater Department. Planner& Scheduler City of Atlanta
- Computer Process Control Engineer at City of Atlanta
- D. Supervise staff at www.atlantaga.gov
- Computerized Maintenance Management System Analyst at City of Atlanta
- Process Control Supervisor at City of Atlanta
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Certification in Electronics and Computer
Fulfill roles of Project Engineer, Process Engineer, Quality Engineer, Production Controller, and Production Scheduler. Lead five supervisor-level direct reports, and interact directly with 80+ people. Design, troubleshoot, test, and oversee implementation of new processes. Oversee entire layout, schedule, and changeover for each machine (611 machines, two plating lines, and nine processes total) based on shipment schedule and production plan. Forecast daily, weekly, monthly, and annual production amounts per process. Direct process ranging from raw materials to shipment of product to customer.
• Achieved zero times of unscheduled or unexpected stops in production; previous Process Control Engineer had unexpected shutdown at least once per month in plating lines or other processes due to short forecasting period; planned for production and changeovers via MRP method.
• Increased efficiency in three months, and reduced weekend overtime salary costs by reducing unnecessary changeover and weekend work for Floor Managers; improved work-life balance of Plater Line Supervisors who previously had to work weekends due to unexpected schedule changes every other week on average.
- Process Control Engineer, Production Department at Arcelor Mittal Kiswire Pine Bluff Steel Cord Plant
- Intern at National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) Ames Research Center
- Intern at National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) Ames Research Center
- Tank (M48) Mechanical Engineer Assistant & Professional Missile Shooter at Republic of Korea Marine Corps
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nano-engineering Focused on Materials Science
Operation and Maintenance)
• AB(RSLogix 5000, SLC500), RSView, ControlLogix Ethernet TCIP, Ethernet IP, DH+, RIO, DeviceNet, ControlNet, RS232 and RS422 Serial
• Rockwell - RS Logix 5/500, RS Logix 5000, RS Linx, RS Networx, Factorytalk, RSView, Panelview/Panelview Plus,
• Wonderware Intouch, ArchestrA Supervisory HMI, SCADA,
• Kepware server - setup and configuration
• ABB-TEBULO Robots/ BECKHOFF, Twin CAT (IEC 61131 and C/C++) programming
• Visualization systems: PARSYTEC Vision System
• iBA HD - Analyzer Server, continuous recording data analyzer with direct access to historical data
• PID control loops tuning, BMS (Burners Management System), Furnaces Burners sequencing codes
• Utilize various end devices such as pressure and temperature transmitters, Mass-Flow meters, ultra-sonic flow meters, and well RTU and EFM equipment.
• Read and develop P&IDs, construction drawings, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
• 24/7 On-Call Department Support
• Perform or coordinate maintenance activities on process control equipment or systems.
• Perform upgrades, add new facilities, and provide replacement of hardware and software.
• Troubleshoot and resolve control system issues.
• Investigate new technological developments and processes.
• Research, recommend, and implement systems to enhance Systems functionality and reliability.
• Advise, instruct, and/or assist operating company personnel on proper operation and maintenance of Process Control equipment or Systems. Provide Technical instruction as required.
• Work with operations personnel to implement appropriate policies, standards, practices, and guidelines for all phases of Process Control implementation and maintenance.
• Work with members of operating company to enforce compliance with mandatory Process Control policies and procedures.
• Make recommendations to change standards and methods to improve processes and results.
• Provide supervision and/or support for Controls Engineer or Controls Specialist staff members as required.
• Weekend DutynDepartment Manager
- Senior Process Control Engineer at AK Steel Corporation
- Control Systems Engineer/ Analyst at FCA/ Chrysler LLC
- Controls Engineer at SYNOVA Inc
- Electrical Specialist, Electrical Engineering Department at AMERICAN NTN BEARING MFG INC
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master Degree in Chemical Engineering - Engineering and Process Control
- Associates Degree - Electrical Industrial Automation
• Worked on data mining and analysis for possible Pulp Mill control upgrades and areas for automation.
• Worked on Bleach Plant controls. Worked on Paper Machine Freeness controls. Worked on Recovery Boiler controls.
• Worked with a SCADA system to create the controls.
- Process Control Engineer at Andritz Process Optimization
- Controls Engineer at United States Gypsum
- Project Engineer - Electrical at Georgia-Pacific
- Instrumentation and Controls Intern Engineer at Jacobs
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Associates of Science in Chemistry - Chemistry
Report to Manufacturing system Manager Roles and responsibilities Providing technical support with a view to resolving problems with regard to the control systems as rapidly as possible. Assisting with operational implementation of the PLC&SCADA modifications. Introducing new developments to the crew and provide support with trouble shooting. Analyze challenges in current business processes so as to recommend appropriate improvement solutions. Develop process control strategies and standards to improve operational efficiency. Work with team to implement process control models, strategies, and other methods for ensuring quality output. Develop new standards that incorporate the new/modified control system architecture. Provide control system support for large capital projects. Implement changes to the process control system in a timely and accurate manner. Assure process documentation is regularly developed and maintained. Identify and train resources on process control improvements. Execute work assignment in accordance to company standards and quality systems. Ensure compliance and enforcement of company, safety, environmental, governmental policies and regulations as they apply. Provide weekly/monthly reports on specific operating results KPI. Provide technical expertise in support of capital projects, process evaluation, and project modifications. Assist process technology and production teams in the development and programming of control sequences for all system-controlled processes.
- Process Control Engineer at International Breweries Plc
- Electrical/Automation Engineer at Nigerian Bottling Company Plc. Enugu Plant
- Electrical/Automation technician at Nigerian Bottling Company Plc. Enugu Plant
- Carried out preventive and corrective maintenance at Nigerian Bottling Company Plc. Ikeja Plant
11 months at this Job
- HND - electrical/electronic Engineering
• Learned about all equipment and process operations, as well as mastering the process control room.
• Communicate with outside operators and maintenance group to achieve a smooth and safe process operation. As well as working hand in hand with the quality department to produce the right specification for each product.
• Run quality samples of product using pycnometer to make sure it's real density, vanadium, and bulk vibrated density is in spec with customers' requirements.
• Oversees gas usage plant wide by estimating and give nominations of how much gas will be used each month through communicating with agent from Energy One and CenterPoint. Developed an Excel sheet to keep track and budget gas usage as well as adjusting processing methods in an effort to conserve gas usage.
- Process Control Engineer at Oxbow Calcining LLC
- Heat Treat Technician at Team Industrial Services
- Took order in person and over the phone at Great China
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering - Chemical Engineering
Operate and maintain equipment in conjunction with repairs and provides assistance in operating functions as necessary to maintain continuous operations throughout the plant
• Provide account management on various system per request
• Administer an effective preventative maintenance program to minimize equipment failure
• Perform troubleshooting to determine root cause dealing with electronic, and mechanical issues using Statistical Process Control
• Provide training to the technical specialists and operators on the equipments maintenance and operation
• Perform requirements of quality in-line inspections, labor recording, SPC documentation
• Analyze equipment operation and safely make mechanical adjustments and repairs to optimize productivity
- Process Control Engineer at DBR Systems
- Senior Broadband Technician ll at Charter Communication
- Quality Lab Inspector Technician (Supervisor)/ Metallurgist at McWane Cast Iron Pipe
- Process Control Technician at Remtech
8 years at this Job
- Associates - Electronics Engineering Technology
Created functional specification for entire plant's product development track & trace (Genealogy) including barcode symbology, scanners. Sole provider of software/hardware (Mitsubishi & Allen Bradley PLC/HMI) process automation support to half of the plant & R&D pilot line (over 100 pieces of equipment). Daily production problem solving & continuous improvements. Interface with MES & quality systems vison and nuclear. Support servo drives & inverters (Yaskawa, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley). Support all the plant's controller equipment. Rewrote code & HMI for control valves eliminating premature wear, savings estimate $150,000 every 2 years. Subject matter expert contributor to P&ID development of new equipment. Rewrote electrode slurry feed tanks code/HMI improving safety, ease of use, productivity and eliminating unplanned downtime. The Dow Chemical Company/Trinseo 1994-2010 Senior Process Control Specialist: Engineering Plastics Tech Center, Midland MI Process Control Lead on multiple projects. Refer to "The Dow Chemical Company - My Career Project Summary" below the Resume Section. Process Control Engineer: Dow MI Operations Process Control, Midland MI Engineering and implementation of process automation for chemical manufacturing plants. Projects include distillation recovery system, storage/feed tanks to a reactor, holding tank interfacing to a reactor and centrifuge, cooling tower, burner management. Additional responsibilities: Process control training steering team. Systems Engineer: Dow Global Process Control Department, Midland MI Technical support of global process control products. Project Lead responsible for achieving compliance of process control hardware to the European Directives for Electromagnetic Compatibility and Low Voltage Product Safety; electromagnetic conduction, emission, static discharge, shock, electrocution, fires; CE certification via TUV with testing at Under Writers Laboratories. Additional responsibilities: ISO 9000 Internal auditor, Building Safety Coordinator (wrote work permits, coordinated safety meetings/training)
- Senior Process Control Engineer at XALT Energy
- Instrument Engineer at Dow Engineering & Construction Services
- Engineer at Dow Engineering & Construction Services
- Graduate Research Assistant at ITT Educational Services
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Electrical Engineering
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering
* Lead project to migrate obsolete PROVOX IO cards and boards onto DeltaV CHARMs IO * Audited and overhauled site ISO and API instrumentation calibration programs * Coordinating with HES, audited Title V emissions calibration program and reduced the number of instruments identified for annual calibration verification from 62 to 12, reducing cost and effort to site * Developed a technical drawing program that provides the most current and up-to-date drawings to site personnel while awaiting the official version to be updated in the master copies * Consolidated several procedures relating to Process Control into one Guideline document containing Alarm Rationalization, DCS and Cyber Security information with applicable forms to be utilized for day-to-day operations * Implemented several complex control strategies to improve process reliability and automate immediate actions in response to process upset * Implemented QuickCheck application to perform Safety System Interlock Checks cutting the resources required in half and completing in half the time from past checks equating to ~$12k USD in savings per year
- Process Control Engineer at ARKEMA
- Senior Instructor at
- Principal Software Test Engineer at
- Independent Contractor at
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Technology - Technology
- Associate in Social Science - Social Science
- - Mechanical
- - Mechanical Engineering
• Provide technical support of manufacturing process network work stations including troubleshooting, repair, specification, installation and maintenance of hardware and software.
• Significant computer hardware and software knowledge required to support both virtual and hardware oriented PC based work stations.
• Ability to specify, configure and maintain hardware and software components including PC chassis, I/O devices, operating system and custom applications.
• Ability to develop computer management strategy to provide long term reliable maintenance and support of process network work stations
• Support of current and future Process control devices such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Human Machine Interface (HMI)
• Work with Information and Technology IT infrastructure such as Servers, Network Switches, Network Attached Storage(NAS)
• Proficient in Ethernet communication and networking of Computers, Machines, and various devices
- Automation and Process Control Engineer at Dow Chemical Company
- Senior Electronic Technician at Edgewell Personal Care
- Electronic Technician at Perdue Farms
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Industrial Management
- Associate - Electro-Mechanical Engineering