As the Lead Process Control Engineer, I manage a staff of three individuals and a control system budget. Our department supports process control strategies, control system HMI graphics, control system hardware troubleshooting, advanced control calculations and control strategies.
Extensive experience with TDC2000, TDC3000, and Experion control systems. The advanced control platform was Aspen Technology DMC.
• Managed a team of process control professionals and a budget to support distributed control systems.
• Mentored engineers as a part of progressing into experienced control engineers.
• Implemented graphics modernization project to Abnormal Situation Management guidelines.
• Coordinated both in-house and sub-contractor resources for control-related work.
• Maintained 13 separate advanced control applications using the Aspen Technology DMC software.
• Facilitated an organizational change from manual to automatic step tests.
- Lead Process Control Engineer at Toledo Refining Company
- Process Control Engineer at Toledo Refining Company
- Process Engineer at Sunoco
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Chemical Engineering
- BS - Chemical Engineering
Created functional specification for entire plant's product development track & trace (Genealogy) including barcode symbology, scanners. Sole provider of software/hardware (Mitsubishi & Allen Bradley PLC/HMI) process automation support to half of the plant & R&D pilot line (over 100 pieces of equipment). Daily production problem solving & continuous improvements. Interface with MES & quality systems vison and nuclear. Support servo drives & inverters (Yaskawa, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley). Support all the plant's controller equipment. Rewrote code & HMI for control valves eliminating premature wear, savings estimate $150,000 every 2 years. Subject matter expert contributor to P&ID development of new equipment. Rewrote electrode slurry feed tanks code/HMI improving safety, ease of use, productivity and eliminating unplanned downtime. The Dow Chemical Company (2000-2011) Senior Process Control Specialist: Engineering Plastics Tech Center, Midland MI Process Control Lead on multiple projects. Refer to "The Dow Chemical Company - My Career Project Summary" below the Resume Section. Process Control Engineer: Dow MI Operations Process Control, Midland MI (1998-2000) Engineering and implementation of process automation for chemical manufacturing plants. Projects include distillation recovery system, storage/feed tanks to a reactor, holding tank interfacing to a reactor and centrifuge, cooling tower, burner management. Additional responsibilities: Process control training steering team. Systems Engineer: Dow Global Process Control Department, Midland MI (1994-1998) Technical support of global process control products. Project Lead responsible for achieving compliance of process control hardware to the European Directives for Electromagnetic Compatibility and Low Voltage Product Safety; electromagnetic conduction, emission, static discharge, shock, electrocution, fires; CE certification via TUV with testing at Under Writers Laboratories. Additional responsibilities: ISO 9000 Internal auditor, Building Safety Coordinator (wrote work permits, coordinated safety meetings/training)
- Senior Process Control Engineer at XALT Energy
- Instrument Engineer at Dow Engineering & Construction Services
- Engineer at Dow Engineering & Construction Services
- Graduate Research Assistant at ITT Educational Services
8 years at this Job
- M.S. - Electrical Engineering
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering
Selection Committee Member of the following RFPs in PWCSA:
• Owner Services for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System Replacement.
• Operations Database Management System (ODMS) Software.
• Engineering Development Laptop with Simulated PLC on Virtual Machine.
• Wonderware SCADA Terminal Services Server. As selection member of the selection Committee have reviewed and commented on drawings and documentation of:
• "Prince William County Service Authority Information Technology Master Plan." As Process Control Engineer at PWCSA, H.L. Mooney Water Reclamation Facility my role and responsibilities are as follows: Utilize Hach WIMS - SCADA interface and WIMS-LIMS interface to combine data from SCADA Historian server and LIMS server in a central, secure SQL Database system. As Hach WIMS administrator, I manage server, users and interfaces, data collections as well as design & create regulatory reports, Scheduled and on demand reports. Link SCADA generated data and published reports to Service Authority business users as well as Maintenance Management Program (MP2) or Operator Database Management System (ODMS). Designed and Deployment of the Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus software for protection of the plant’s SCAD domain network. Designed and Deployment of the Symmetricom Time Synchronization Server for centralization of the IT enterprise and SCADA servers. As Senior SCADA Project Engineer during the recent plant's Upgrade and Expansion (18 to 24 MGD), I was responsible for replacement & upgrade of the SCADA & PLC as integral part of the project. SCADA upgraded to Wonderware Archestra System Platform and PLC upgrade to Allen Bradley ControlLogix System from ABB DCS system. Provide Project Engineering & Leadership and vision on Design & Development and implementation of the new SCADA & PLC equipment. Provide Engineering expertise and input on design & development of the SCADA master plan design, SCADA HMI Graphic Standards, SCADA screen Graphics, development of the Process Control System Application and PLC logic and SCADA programming. As Project Engineer, review the submitted drawing and documentation for the upgrade and expansion of the SCADA & PLC project. Review the project Request For Proposals (RFPs), statement of work (SOW), project milestone and cost tracking. Provide input on contractor scope of work for all SCADA/PLC related in this project, to include communication and systems design, and implementation strategies. Attended SCADA & PLC related user acceptance testing at the contractor's test site. Developed RFPs and SOWs, project millstones, deliverables and cost tracking on amended RFPs in this Upgrade and Expansion project. Provide guidance, support and system configuration direction on contractor development, deployment and troubleshooting the SCADA software application, Network configuration and PLC programming. Attended SCADA & PLC manufacturer provided training and provide presentation & technical support and in-house training to Operation/Maintenance and Management staff in organization. Design and develop shift, daily, weekly and monthly reports utilizing the Wonderware Industrial SQL Historian and Active Factory Reporting tools. Maintain, modify, deploy, troubleshoot, and update the SCADA hardware and software, Network and SCADA Security, firewall configuration, SCADA Web Portal, Backup/Recovery System, and network Management System. Renew and update SCADA software and hardware related licenses. Develop real-time and historical queries as integral part of the Plant-Wide Report Publishing Portal. Utilize Wonderware Information Server along with Industrial SQL Historian and HMI Reporting tools. As Project manager, Implement Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and narrative control descriptions into Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). Provide technical support to I & C and field staff for troubleshooting of the SCADA/ PLC or process related equipment. Provide support for PWCSA or Plant-Wide Domain network including setup, programming and debugging of the Ethernet and related communication networks. Develop and update SCADA HMI screens to make the control system more operator-friendly and effective. Maintain the SCADA servers and domain controller, Historian server and information server and firewalls up and running 24/7. Provide On - Call support for emergency response to troubleshoot the SCADA system problems. Make service calls during off-hours as required. Access and troubleshoot SCADA system remotely via secure VPN and secure laptop on emergency situations. Assist Instrumentation team & SCADA users locally or remotely in solving hardware and software problems to assure continuous system functionality. Provide links and maintain SCADA system to integrate data with other Service Authority business systems such as MP2, LIMS, JD Edwards and ODMS (Operation Data Management System). As member of the current ODMS project at Mooney, I am responsible for design, implementation and integration of the SCADA data from Historian with LIMS and other manually collected data at the plant. We utilize Hack WIMS Information Management Solution for this project. Prepare standard and on demand reports and check manual data entries accuracy and completeness. Manage data collection and report publishing system. Utilize Wonderware Information Sever as Plant-Wide Information Portal to publish scheduled and on demand reports. Support the information and statistical analysis requirement of the Environmental Management System (EMS). Coordinate and participate in dialogue with other Divisions regarding the SCADA projects and plant upgrade.
- Process Control Engineer at Prince William County Service Authority
- I&C Engineer/Network Analyst II at Fairfax County Government
- Senior Control Systems Engineer at CH2M HILL
- IT Specialist/Control Systems Engineer at Nuclear Utility Services
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- M.S.E.S. - E.E
- Professional Engineer
Papua New Guinea
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager and lead the Electrical team to safely completing and commissioning of the company contracts undertaken to standard aligned with the company s health and safety standard. The position responsibilities include;
• Must be able to conduct Preventative Maintenance on all site electrical installation where GMT contract covers
• Ability to Design Control Systems considering personnel and equipment safety, operating ease and capital equipment costs
• Develop and recommend estimates, budgets, schedules with man power staffing requirements for project constructions.
• Implement company standards, procedures and apply all clients safety policies.
• Provide guidance, assistance and direction to other engineers.
• Must be able to fault Find, rectify, conduct maintenance and installations on all electrical installations
• Must be able implement reverse engineering on Citect, Wonderware, TT4000 and iFIX SCADA systems
• Implement remote Control Monitoring and Telemetry Systems.
• Assists in establishing and updating all safety procedures SOP, JSA & JSO
• Ability to perform Server/ client configuration on networking devices
• Ability to implement WAN and LAN configuration
• Ability to implement PLC and SCADA configuration as required
• Ability to design Telemetry and Radio Communication systems and
• Must be able to do Instrumentation and Process Control Systems Design
• Ability to provide Capital Projects Management
• Required to provide Safety Standard Development and Procedures
• Required to Training and delegate task to technicians and trainees
• Required to attend to any ad-hoc task as required by supervisor which is reasonable and lawful. Career Achievements: 1. Project Engineer PNG Power SCADA Upgrade and Networking ( Solar Gas Power Turbine/ GE) SCADA (GE iFIX Proficy) Upgrade: - Graphics and Configuration Design and Install all LAN/WAN Design Complete all Telemetry and Radio Communication Configuration and Installations for remote Control and Data Acquisition.
- Process Control Engineer at GMT Automation Limited
- Electrical /Controls Project Engineer at Maze Electrical Services
- Project Engineer at PNG Power (PPL) Power Systems SCADA Network
- 1 GMT Contract Engineer at PJV- Barrick PNG
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical - Communication Engineering
I'm working as CCR senior operator.I Control process for Gas Train Units and check and Tune controllers. Keep process situations for best results.
- Process Control Engineer at SPGC
- Area Process Engineer at SPGC
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - chemical engineer
- Master of science - Process design
• Design & implement control systems for manufacturing equipment.
• Program new production assembly machines consisting of PLC, HMI, Microcontrollers and multiple IO devices.
• Design and set standard testing procedures and parameters for specific production equipment to ensure an efficient production line.
• Improve and standardize on outdated manufacturing processes and equipment with more modern and efficient technologies.
• Assign and evaluate work performed by engineers & technicians.
• Train and support maintenance personnel on use, maintenance and troubleshooting of production equipment.
• Lead engineer for new production equipment—design, launch, implementation and training.
- Process Control Engineer at dlhBOWLES
- Assistant Manager & Technician at EDISA Corp.
- Learning Assistant at FIU
- STEM Peer Leader at Miami Dade College
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Enginnering
- Associate of Arts - Electrical Enginering
Operate and maintain equipment in conjunction with repairs and provides assistance in operating functions as necessary to maintain continuous operations throughout the plant
• Provide account management on various system per request
• Administer an effective preventative maintenance program to minimize equipment failure
• Perform troubleshooting to determine root cause dealing with electronic, and mechanical issues using Statistical Process Control
• Provide training to the technical specialists and operators on the equipments maintenance and operation
• Perform requirements of quality in-line inspections, labor recording, SPC documentation
• Analyze equipment operation and safely make mechanical adjustments and repairs to optimize productivity
- Process Control Engineer at DBR Systems
- Senior Broadband Technician ll at Charter Communication
- Quality Lab Inspector Technician (Supervisor)/ Metallurgist at McWane Cast Iron Pipe
- Process Control Technician at Remtech
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associates - Electronics Engineering Technology
• Render support on the required equipment upgrades, including process and control engineering.
• Hold responsibility in upgrading and supporting Siemens building management system BMS, as well as Rockwell RS logix 5000 software process automation systems PAS.
• Ensure adherence to quality control systems in completing all change control activities and deviations.
- Senior Process Control Engineer at ADMA Biologics
- Contractor at Corning Inc
- Contractor at Engineering Resources Inc
- Contractor - Kelly Engineering at Burt's Bees Inc
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
• Lead programer on the Tissue Machine (Metso Control DCS Software)
• Lead trouble shooter on the Metso controls DCS software
• Lead computer specialist for the entire Process Control group
• Lead programer on the Siemens Moore ACAPS
• Trouble shoot PROVOX
• Trouble Shoot Coating Kitchen Software (GAW)
• Configure/Trouble shoot 35 IFIX Servers (SCADA)
• Configure/Trouble shoot 135 IFIX Clients
• Trouble shoot IFIX Databases
• Trouble shoot DeltaV
• Create PI tags for trending data
• Work with Parcview for Trending Data
• Manage $75K of inventory
• Commissioning Motors and Valvles
• Support E/I on projects
• Work with E/I to solve issues
• Work with SAP
- Process Control Engineer at Resolute Forest Products
- IT Manager/ Process Control Engineer at Madison Paper Company
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- Novell Certified
- Associate - Electronics
Configuration of Distributed Control System (TPS R685 - Experion R430.1) and Emergency Shutdown System (FSC R710). Maintaining updated database and system error-free. Develops and implements control strategies. Monitoring and control loop tunning. Failure diagnostics and correction control system. Specification of hardware and software required. Perform preventive and corrective maintenance to the systems supported (1 Application Modules, 1 History Module, 3 PLC's, 1 FSC's and 5 High Performance Process Manager, HPM, 1 Experion Application Processing Platform, 2 Experion Server TPS and 5 Experion Station TPS).
- Process Control Engineer at ENI - ECOFUEL/SUPERMETANOL
- Instrumentation and Control Engineer at PDVSA Petroanzoátegui
- Project Engineer at TIVENCA Ingenieros Consultores
- Manager at CHARS ICE CREAM, C.A., Araure - State
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Electronic Engineer