UCAR manages the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) on behalf of the National Science Foundation and the university community. Business Process Improvement Specialist November2017 - Present
Support the success of change initiatives and analyze business processes throughout UCAR/NCAR for improvements. Organizations include Operations, Human Resources, Finance & Administration to NCAR Research Labs & Programs.
• Re-engineered the Performance Evaluation Process: ◦ Successfully adopted by the entire organization within one year. Created the website for all employees to use using basic HTML script. ◦ Included current state process documentation and gap analysis, development of a pilot process using internal and external inputs, iteration, development and deployment of new system using change management principles. ◦ Earned a Special Recognition Award from the HR Director for this work on this project
• Project Manager for the implementation of a Cellular Devices policy. ○ Obtained $85K in annual savings through recommended efficiencies and partnership with leadership across the organization
• Key process-improvement contributor to upgrade the system for work order management at National Science Foundation-funded facilities. ○ Involved system configuration, process redesign, training and change facilitation.
• Assessment of accounting processes, identification and communication of improvements through quantification of benefits of change, data modeling, and transaction flow analysis
• Documentation of all current state administrative activities inside of Seven NCAR labs requiring facilitated stakeholder sessions, confirmation of swim-lane diagrams for the Shared Services assessment project
- Business Process Improvement Specialist at University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
- Analyst at Business Process Improvement
- Administrative Assistant II at
- Department Manager at Nordstrom Department Stores
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Mandarin Chinese Language
- - Intensive Chinese Language Study Program
USIOL/Stephens Instruments is a company that supplies kits, surgical equipment, eye lenses, and everything else needed for a surgeon to perform eye surgery and an eye bank technician to properly acquire donor tissue. My role as a process improvement specialist is to assiste the department manager and assistant manager in the daily duties as well as assisting the rest of the team. I am in charge of all training including new hires, retraining, and new training for current employees. This includes all document tracking for the entire department as well as creating all the material needed for said training (ex: power point presentations, work instructions, training documents, reference guides for continuous training etc.). I log in/out all the materials used in the kits in different log books and ISO files in order to keep a live track of our inventory. I assist the manager and assistant manager in keeping enough stock available for use on sterile and non-sterile kits. I've familiarized myself with the needs of the department in order to have an easy flow from start to finish of the kit packing process. I am also a part of the purchasing and receiving team. I communicate with suppliers all over the world to obtain necessary items. I also let them know what our team has rejected and why so the company can get replacement items or get reimbursed the difference. My main goal is to make everyone’s work life easier and as comfortable as it possibly can be.
- Process Improvement Specialist at USIOL
- Men's Floor Associate/ Seasonal SSA at MACY'S
- Administrative Assistant/ Dispatcher at INTEGRAL WIDE SERVICES CORP
- Dispatcher at KARS TRANSPORT INC.
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- BS of Biomedical Sciences
- High school or equivalent
1300 E Avenue Fort Lee, VA 23801 United States 07/2018 - Present Hours per week: 40 Series: 1101 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 09 Planning and Process Improvement Specialist (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Project Manager for Agency's Innovation Program. Plans, develops, and coordinates IDEAS Program, IdeaFactory and Communities of Practice. Designs and implements internal events for employee engagement. Provides project leadership and technical support in the development and maintenance of a methodical approach to increasing quality and performance. Conducts complicated research to determine the likely impact of new and emerging technology and industry practices on the Agency's business operations. Assists in the development and implementation of the Agency's Innovation, Culture, and Strategic Plan, and their inclusion in all aspects of functional programs and operations. Serves as a process improvement project team leader responsible for the implementation of projects throughout the Agency. Composes and presents high-level briefings of findings, conclusions, and recommended actions. Supervisor: Mark Simpson (8047348000 ) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Defense Commissary Agency Headquarters 1300 E Avenue Fort Lee, VA 23801 United States
- Planning and Process Improvement Specialist at Defense Commissary Agency
- Commissary Management Specialist at Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Assistant Grocery Manager at Defense Commissary Agency
- Secretary at Defense Commissary Agency
8 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Financial Management
- Master's - Business
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Quality Integration Lead process improvement efforts for clinical and administration processes using LEAN tools and methodologies such as the PDSA framework, macro/micro level process mapping (value stream, metric-based, workflow), Spaghetti Diagrams, Root Cause Analysis, Impact/Effort Prioritization, Action Registers, and Visual Management to support achievement of internal quality metrics, regulatory requirements, and ISO standards. Lead performance level improvements through performance analysis, implementation of standard work, training, and coaching on daily work and performance management. Conduct Quality Integration and ISO audits.
- Process Improvement Specialist at HOLYOKE MEDICAL CENTER
- Process Improvement Specialist at HEALTH NEW ENGLAND
- at HEALTH NEW ENGLAND
- Manager, Quality, Training and Appeals at SYMETRA
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business / IT
- Associate of Science - Business / IT
MI * Organize, manage, and lead human and material resources to implement organization wide changes * Be the primary point of contact for all vendors, Physicians and hospital staff for process improvement projects * Identify and develop solutions to organizational issues and develop organized change strategies * Schedule, track and manage meetings, program milestones, and document updates
- Senior Process Improvement Specialist at Physicians
- Demand Planner/Buyer at Beaumont
- Data Technician at
- Outbound Order Planner at
2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
• Worked with project teams and stakeholders to ensure that all activities associated with an assigned engagement or project have established proper ownership, responsibility, and accountability for all eﬀorts.
• Participated in design and roadmap discussions and provided strategic direction on the ﬁnal design and deployment approach for each initiative.
• Implemented control and risk mitigation opportunities, utilizing root cause analysis and problem solving techniques, and worked with subject matter experts to implement those identiﬁed improvements, resulting in a production improvement of 25%.
• Documented test plans and results, technical issues, bugs, solutions, and other necessary activities to create a record of useful data for Northern Light Health stakeholders, in order to improve quality and reduce risk.
• Managed activities for speciﬁc performance tests and technologies as a senior technical resource, particularly within the scope of Telehealth.
• Led the development of performance measurement systems and comprehensive management reporting to support eﬀective process and performance management.
- Process Improvement Specialist at Northern Light Health
- Director, Digital Media at Northern Light Health
- Chief Operating Officer, Operations Manager at Lighthouse Web Solutions
- Manager at Best Buy
5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- B.S. - Interdisciplinary Studies
- A.A. - Business
- High School Diploma
Trained over 10 employees in general job duties ranging from following instructions on a Work Order, to learning how to use the computer software Solid Jobs, to teaching how to use different measuring tools to take pre and post measurements for each part that was worked on Orgtune Consulting September 2018 - December 2018
Process Improvement Specialist Trainee (Intern)
• Conduct market research on potential emergency departments and deliver our services on improving their organization's operational excellence
• Create a project plan and organize important tasks to complete by a certain date
• Generate & distribute a survey to potential clients; create a brochure and follow up with potential clients; meet for a final proposal
- Process Improvement Specialist Trainee (Intern) at Orgtune Consulting
- Rapid Prototype Finisher at Stratasys Direct Manufacturing
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing - Marketing
Train, assist, and coach physician practices within the Practice Transformation Network (a CMS
funded initiative to increase quality and decrease costs to health systems) as they move through the Phases of Transformation.
• Assists member practices with Physician Quality Reporting System submission, data analysis, and Meaningful Use attestation.
• Assist practices with process redesign and workflow improvement.
• Interact with administrators, faculty, staff, and outside agencies on a routine basis regarding various electronic medical record systems and reporting software.
• Monitor and analyze data associated with assigned practices and work with local practice champion(s) to address any performance issues.
- Administrative Process Improvement Specialist at Brookwood Baptist
- Director, Physician Liaisons at Large Scale Multi-Clinic
- Project Leader at Large Scale Multi-Clinic
- Clinic Manager at Large Scale Multi-Clinic
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Healthcare Administration - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Radiologic Sciences
• Responsible for the polystyrene supply division, managing inventory, understand forecasting and customer order trends, while working closely with manufacturing, sales and customer service to create a production schedule for multiple plant site locations.
• Dual role, main responsibility was production planning for two polystyrene plants, i.e. Marietta, OH and Torrance, CA & other role project manager for an improvement process for the rest of plants - remotely managing project teams across 6 plants nationally + one global.
• Recognized an annual over expenditure of $2mm due to a storage challenge at the Marietta, OH plant. Led a logistical optimization project analyzing the impacted area, evaluated the current process to establish a short-term solution to improve the method of storing material, overall reducing cost by $300,000.
• Determined a service level gap directly related to OTC (on time and complete) and led a cross-functional team to identify root cause, implement improvements and developed key performance metrics to measure internal goals resulting in a service rise from 89% to 93% OTC from 2017 to 2018.
• Facilitated and led a team to identify opportunities for value creation and improve the organization's supply chain performance by delivering a goal of $2.5mm in 2018.
• Successfully planned, managed, and executed the strategic inventory build to cover demand during the downtime and incorporate safety stock of the Torrance, CA plant turnaround with the ability to avoid any issues and meeting project goals without any negative impact to customers and starting the plant on time.
• As a subject matter expert, recognized a need to streamline various SAP processes to overall decrease internal errors and the amount of time spent to create, produce and sell materials.
- Supply Chain Process Improvement Specialist at AMERICAS STYRENICS LLC
- at AMERICAS STYRENICS LLC
- Supply Chain Planner and Scheduler at AMERICAS STYRENICS LLC
- SAP Implementation Specialist at AMERICAS STYRENICS LLC
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor OF Business Administration in Marketing & Management - Marketing & Management
Designs and conducts senior leadership training on change management and improving the organization's culture
by developing 5 key behavioral indicators and leader standard work.
• Revenue Optimization Accelerator process improvement lead, data scientist coach, and value stream specialist.
• Coaches the executive team on prioritization systems, gemba walking and idea-generating huddle boards.
• Responsible for the strategic deployment of the Trinity Health Leadership System in every level of the hospital.
- Process Improvement Specialist at Holy Cross Hospital, Trinity Health System
- Workforce Management Strategist at Holy Cross Hospital, Trinity Health System
- at Holy Cross Hospital, Trinity Health System
- Process Improvement Engineer at Holy Cross Hospital, Trinity Health System
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Engineering