Providing technical and process safety expertise globally to upstream projects and operations. Writing and / or updating process and process safety engineering technical practices. Review engineering technical practices, ETP compliance reports, MAR reports and consequence modeling results. Coordinating, supporting and facilitating HAZID, ISD, HAZOP, LOPA, MAR and other risk assessment studies for projects and operations. Planning, coordinating and updating / delivering process safety training globally.
• Provided process safety support to Galeota Expansion Project which includes facilitation of HAZID, and ISD reviews, MAR updates, facility siting, PHSSER recommendation closure, and other process safety and fire protection expertise.
• Led a team of 6 engineers and verified 90 process and process safety recommendations of BTC Turkey pipelines/pumps/terminal by reviewing numerous documentations, personnel interviews and field visit. Provided extensive support in closing all recommendations satisfactorily within one year.
• Planned, coordinated and delivered process safety training for upstream segment. Conducted training analysis and provided recommendations for improving the efficiency of training and reducing the costs.
• As a QMS champion, trained all new employees and assisted in implementing QMS effectively by providing support to the team and improving the QMS.
• Reviewed LOPC incidents and related BP technical practices including Traction system for analyzing the effectiveness of learning from incidents and provided recommendations for improvement.
- Process Safety Engineer at BP America
- Senior Technical/Process Safety Engineer at AMEC Oil & Gas
- Senior Process Safety Specialist - Corporate at TransCanada Corporation
- Consultant-HSE Engineering at Total E&P Canada
6 years, 3 months at this Job
Support process safety on a per project basis with ENGlobal clients in pipeline, gas plants and compressor operations
such as Kinder Morgan, Xcel Energy, Crestwood LP.
• Participated, facilitated and documented hazard assessment (HAZOP & What If analysis) for projects prior to construction beginning.
- Process Safety Engineer at ENGlobal
- Process Safety Specialist at BP
- Process Safety Engineer at Jacobs Engineering
- Safety & Health Manager, Process Safety Manager/RMP Specialist at CH2M HILL Engineering Services
3 years at this Job
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering
Risk consultant working on both onshore and offshore safety studies
BW Offshore Pte. Ltd. (Sea Lion FPSO Development)
• Scribed for Marine HAZOP workshop and produced post-workshop report Pacific Hunt Energy Limited (PSC-C1)
• Project Manager
• Prepared Emergency Response Plan Husky-CNOOC Madura Limited (Madura FPU)
• Conducted Fire Risk Analysis, Explosion Risk Analysis, Quantitative Risk Assessment for FEED Stage.
• Conducted 2D Exhaust Plume Dispersion for Madura FPU FEED Stage. Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd. (Sao Vang & Dai Nguyet Project)
• Scribed for Vendor HAZOP including TEG Regeneration Package, LQ Hot Water, Sewage Treatment System and Diesel Centrifuge Package, and produced post-workshop reports
• Conducted Quantitative Risk Assessment for Detailed Design stage
• Conducted SCE Identification and Performance Standard PETRONAS INSTEP QRA Training
• Prepared three (3) day QRA training modules, including exercise and final assessment Brunei Methanol Company (BMC)
• Conducted Physical Effects Modelling (PEM) Analysis for the facilities, utilising both 2D and 3D models.
• Conducted Onshore Quantitative Risk Assessment to assess overall personnel risk profiles including assessment of cumulative risk profile of the industrial area using TNO RISKCURVE.
• Conducted Dropped Object Assessment for both BMC onshore and offshore facilities (SBM).
• Project Manager for SCE Identification and Performance Standard Development.
• Conducted MAH Register, Bow-Tie and Safety Critical Element Identification.
• Developed Operational Performance Standard covering all the SCE identified. Premier Oil Vietnam Offshore (POVO)
• Conducted a detailed analysis to evaluated scope for Re-HAZOP Review via Desktop Review
• Updated Safety Case and prepared presentation slides for Safety Case Roll Out. UMW Oil and Gas - SEPAT Operations
• Conducted Fire Risk Assessment and Quantitative Risk Assessment to address the risk associated with the conversion of Drilling Rig to Mobile Offshore Production Unit (MOPU)
• Updated HSE Case as part of IADC requirement.
• Participated in ALARP Workshop and produced post workshop report. Amec Foster Wheeler Thailand
• Participated in HAZOP and SIL workshops at Bangkok, Thailand and produced post-workshop reports. Rosnelf PLD
• Conducted dropped object risk analysis on the subsea pipelines to evaluate flowline protection requirement. SOG Risk Assessment Software
• Developed Fire Modelling Software including Jet Fire (i.e. Chamberlain, Johnson and API 521 Models) and Pool Fire Models, with capabilities to generate associated flame shapes from top and side views.
• Developed Radiation Modelling Software using Finite Triangle Elements Method with capabilities to predict radiation levels at specified point, distance to specified radiation levels and associated radiation contours. SOG Workshop Spreadsheet Development using Microsoft Excel VBA
• Developed Non-Hydrocarbon Hazards Analysis (NHHA) model which includes transportation risks, occupational hazards, mooring failure, structural failure, loss of stability, ship collision, dropped objects and non-process fires.
• Upgraded company workshop worksheets (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP and SIL) with additional features i.e. Export worksheet, copy specified worksheet, data selection pop-out window, auto-population of scenarios into Risk Matrix, etc.
- Process Safety Engineer at SynergenOG Sdn. Bhd
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Chemical
- - Foundation
EnSafe, Knoxville, TN (September 2018 - December 2018)
• Part-time role working with a team of 5, performing PSM roles at an army ammunition plant.
• Assisted and led new and revalidation of Process Hazard Analyses for the plants PSM processes.
• Added onto previous PSM experiences by being exposed to Mechanical Integrity (MI) and familiarity with ASME standards.
- Process Safety Engineer at EnSafe
- Brand Ambassador at Alumni Hall
- Driver at Uber
- Paralegal Intern at Patrick K. Moore, P.C
3 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering
- AA&S - Engineering
• Oversee all projects from concept to completion
• Develop project scopes, estimates, schedules, and execution plans
• Write appropriation requests to obtain project funding
• Work with contracted engineering firms for large projects
• Lead the process safety program (thermal oil, combustible dust, fire protection)
• Lead the management of change (MOC) program
• Implement process improvements to improve safety and productivity
• Use CMMS to generate work orders, track RCA action items, and to track project budgets
• Conduct root cause failure investigations to improve plant reliability
- Project / Mechanical / Process Safety Engineer at Norbord
- Project Engineer at Fluor
- Project Manager / Project Engineer / Process & Mechanical Engineer at Wood Group Mustang
- Project / Process / Mechanical / Reliability Engineer at Georgia Pacific
2 years at this Job
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering - EIT
• Site Risk Management Plan preparer.
• Witnessed the site EPA and DEQ audit.
• Site's Liaison Officer of the EOC team for emergency preparedness and emergency management.
• Developing PSM procedures for the 14 elements of PSM and RMP.
• Managing and approving the chemicals to be brought on site.
• Managing the Safety Data Sheets Management system.
• Conducting thorough PSM Internal Audits.
- Process Safety Engineer at Indorama Ventures Olefins LLC
- Process Safety Analyst at Indorama Ventures Olefins LLC
- Jr. Quality Engineer at Innovative Tires and Tubes Ltd
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Rubber Technology
Research/analysis of process equipment and materials for suitability and potential hazards
● Facilitation of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) studies (HAZOP, Procedural What-If)
● Process Safety Hazard identification and development of process safety information reports
● Completion of Pre-PHA and Human Factors/Facility Siting Walkthroughs of Process Areas
● Field verification of process equipment and P&IDs
● Progress tracking of PHA Recommendations, Capital Projects, and CAPAs
- Assistant Process Safety Engineer at Pfizer
- Manufacturing Engineer at Morryde International
- Research Assistant at Continuous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Pilot Plant
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering - Biochemistry, Chemistry
Responsible for Process Safety aspects of the Midstream Production Unit, Facilitation of Hazard Identification (HAZID) and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Workshops, Delivery of Monthly Process Safety Leading and Lagging Indicators. Consequence Modelling in PHAST for scenario understanding and event management. Alignment of Loss of Containment Material Risks among all Onshore Assets - Delivery within required timeframe. Development and Delivery of Rollout and training material for Process Safety Procedures to Managers and Field Practitioners. Authored several Petroleum Process Safety Procedures.
- Principal Process Safety Engineer I at BHP
- Principal Risk Operational Assurance, Internal Audit and Advisory at BHP
- Sen. Safety and Risk Engineer at BHP
- HSE Supervisor at BHP
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering - Chemical Engineering
Certified Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) Leader responsible for OSHA revalidations, project hazard reviews, and corporate risk assessments. Retired May 1, 2018
- Senior Process Safety Engineer at SABIC
- Certified Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) Leader at HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL, INC
- Nuclear Services Leader (Operations Leader) at
- Maintenance Manager at HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL, INC
6 years at this Job
- BS - Mechanical Engineering Technology
Enlisted as a Process Safety Technical Expert for both ongoing and design-phase manufacturing/facilities/operations improvement projects; charged with ensuring the safest, most economical, and most efficient processes are employed in all projects. In addition, responsibilities included Process Safety and Design Engineering review/redline/comment of incoming vendor drawings, specifications, datasheets, and proposals; tracking and follow-up on all corrective actions (CAPA) plans generated from PHA/FHRA recommendations. Assist task owners with completion planning, cost reduction initiatives, and core principle understanding of inherently safer design methodologies.
• Facilitated multiple Functional Hazard Risk Assessments (FHRA) and Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) for high risk manufacturing processes.
• Developed P&ID and W/D drawings standards based on ANSI and ISO standards; enacted stepwise roll-out for conversion of archived assets.
• Defined enterprise-wide EH&S Management of Change (MOC) goals, objectives, and milestones to establish long-term IT architecture.
• Established sustainable long-term roadmap for integration and standardization of critical control systems into existing DCS Co-Gen network.
• Spearheaded EH&S corporate reporting database tools improvement effort through automated logic integration with improved data integrity.
• Created EH&S reporting metrics performance tracking logic to enable high-level real-time KPI functionality for upper management.
• Organized/led inspection/investigation of high risk critical processes which had the potential for direct elimination, replacement, or substitution.
- Process Safety Engineer – Corporate EH&S at Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Project Manager / Project Engineer at Atlantic Industrial Technologies
- Field Service Engineer at Long Island Sound & Security
- Gas Systems Design Engineer at CVD Equipment Corporation
3 months at this Job
- B.E. - Chemical & Molecular Engineering