Federal Government Contracting and Procurement Consultant
• Reviewed contracts, terms and conditions; advised clients on Federal procurement requirements, processes, and regulations; Drafted agreements and subcontracts.
- Procurement Consultant at Self Own Business
- Director of Purchasing at M-D Building Products
- Program Manager | Supply Chain Manager at AVIATION TRAINING CONSULTING, LLC
- Supervisor - Supply Chain Contracts and Product Planning & Procurement at Williams Companies (Access Midstream)
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Admin - Marketing
Served as an in house process engineer while creating Procure to Pay business process workflows
● Configured and integrated procurement optimization software (Coupa and Ivalua) for Fortune 500 companies reducing MRO spend by 30% on average
● Presented procurement solutions to C-level executives, within 2 weeks of employment, and designed change management execution plan resulting in the ease of product adoption and organizational change
● Acted as Sr. Integrations Consultant and self-learned integration processes servers. As a result, projects remained on schedule, and the implementations were complete by the go-live dates
● Developed and facilitated RFPs, /RFQs for suppliers thus maximizing the catalogs and supplier base of top firms
● Designed training materials and presentations for Buyers, Accounting, Sourcing, and Suppliers that continue to be used as the template for procurement training
● Prevailed over communication barriers during international presentations via partnering with foreign language-speaking peers and introducing foreign language into presentations saving the implementation from being rolled out solely domestically
● Led User Acceptance Testing sessions and gathered feedback resulting in less than 5% configuration issues within live tool
- Procurement Consultant at The Shelby Group
- In Market Trainer at Villa JTM
- Admissions Counselor at Illinois State University
- Assistant Store Manager at The Finishline
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology & Communications
• Austin, TX - Developed / expanded property based purchasing / material management and F&B Cost Control processes and standard operating procedures for a new-build trend focused luxury hotel that serves as anchor for a mixed use facility that also includes luxury condominiums, event arena and retail.
• NY, NY - Conducted Corporate Procurement Effectiveness Assessment for upscale Finer Dining Restaurant Chain. Included Materials Management / Accounts Payable components and institutional laundry operations review.
- Procurement Consultant for Hospitality Industry at Enhanced Procurement
- Corporate Executive Director of Purchasing at MGM Resorts International
- Executive Director of Purchasing at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
- Director of Purchasing at Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Coursework - Business Administration, Middle Management
- Coursework - Business Administration, Advertising, Marketing
• Provides guidance and establishes policies and processes during Sourcing, Contracts, and Negotiations
• Engages in end-to-end RFP execution, management, and analytics and ensures that legal terms in contracts are in line with category and procurement initiatives
• Assists in the analysis, design, build-out and automation of sourcing events
• Meets project deadlines to manage realization of project benefits and maintains downstream effect on project funnel
• Gathers and interprets relevant data to assess costs, productivity, demand patterns, etc.
• Engages in the Market Intelligence analysis to set the stage for category profiling and sourcing events
- Procurement Consultant at Akef Educational International
- Part-Time Cross Utilized Agent at SkyWest Airlines
- IT/Telecom Portfolio Manager (Acting) at Illinois Department of Central Management Services
- Senior Public Service Administrator, Procurement at Illinois Department of Central Management Services
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Practical Politics
- Graduate Certificate - Peace and Conflict Reconciliation
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Specially recruited to lead deployment of statewide go-live Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) as part of a contracted assignment. Analyzed user requirements, business processes, design systems, and technical troubleshooting prior to go-live deployment. Supported DPS Procurement and Contract Services Organization in delivery of seamless CAPPS system.
- Procurement Consultant at State of Texas Department of Public Safety
- Senior Manager, Global Supply Chain at Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing - Marketing
• Facilitate B2B negotiations with U.S. manufacturers to enter procurement Memorandum of Agreements (MOA).
• Review contract proposal packages and identify potential issues within.
• Outline negotiation strategies and explored supplier expansion opportunities.
• Successfully persuaded two U.S. manufacturing companies to enter their first international contracts.
• Conduct my service in line with company's purchasing, shipping and import procedures. Continued
- B2B Procurement Consultant at Apogee Phoenix, Ltd
- Manager/Lead Sales Person at Oreck Corporation
- Account Manager at
- Research Assistant at Chicago State University
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Science and Business - Marketing
Financial Services - Created Functional Core-Competency types, definitions, grading assessments and professional development toolkits for departments within a Fortune 50 Financial Services Company. Teamed with an academic advisor to create comprehensive training, development and certification program recommendations for individual roles within the following key areas:
· Strategic Sourcing, Banking/Third-Party Affiliate
· Risk/Regulatory - Vendor Compliance, Management and Oversight teams.
Manufacturing - Led Procurement/Supply Chain Direct Manufacturing and Indirect Cost Savings initiative with a $5M actualized target in calendar year. Additionally, led enterprise-wide contracting process initiative for Legal Department.
● Performed as interim head of Procurement/Supply Chain on enterprise-wide cost savings initiative
● Prepared appropriate project plans, established executive sponsors, business unit owners, action items, dependencies and timelines
● Created executive decks and lead formal statuses with the executive team on a monthly basist
● Represented client in contract negotiations with suppliers
● Closed new goods, services and licensing agreements in collaboration with business units and Counsel
● Established savings reporting definitions, processes and decks
● Finished project early and on track for exceeding the $5M calendar year actualization by an additional $1.5M.
● Performed a separate and additional engagement to establish formal contracting processes, Policies, templates, submittal forms and training to centralize contracts through the corporate Legal Department
- Procurement Consultant at Credere Group, Inc.
- Strategic Procurement Consultant at opXL Enterprises
- AVP, Procurement at Great-West Financial / Empower
- Consultant - Interim VP and GM Hardware at National Cable Television Cooperative
1 year at this Job
- vocational - business law
- CAPs - Continuing Legal Education
Reason for leaving: Option was not renewed
Brief summary and highlights of work experience for this client during this period.
• Assisted in the development of requirements documents, to include but not limited to Statements of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statements (PWS) and Statements of Objectives (SOO).
• Assisted with the development of required acquisition planning and strategy documents (FAR PART 7) including market analysis (FAR PART 10) and Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE).
• Assisted with preparation of all the associated procurement documentation required in a complete.
• Reviewed solicitations and prepared routine responses for proposals, bids and contract modifications.
• Performed other procurement related duties as assigned.
- Procurement Consultant (1102) at DHHS- Broadcasting Board of Governors
- Procurement Consultant (1102) at DHHS-FDA
- Contracting Officer/Consultant SME (1102) at DOL - Employee Training Administration
- Senior Contracting Officer/GS14 at DC Office of Contract & Procurement
7 months at this Job
- AA - Paralegal Studies
- BS - Contract Management
• Manage the 'end to end' sourcing and contracting claims for material and services to obtain optimum total cost of ownership.
• Develop sourcing strategies in alignment with business objectives.
• Provide guidance on PSCM process and risk management; Monitor the accuracy of purchase requisitions; Manage/Approve Purchase Orders per the daily MRP.
• Manage E&P category strategies to deliver the lowest, direct and indirect lifecycle costs.
• Assist the Contract Manager in identifying potential cost savings, inventory reduction opportunities, ensure competitive cost; solicit quotes and negotiate contractual terms and conditions.
- Procurement Consultant at GILI ENERGY SERVICES
- Procurement Specialist at BP NORTH AMERICA
- Supply Chain Specialist at GREENE TWEED
- Procurement Coordinator at GREENE TWEED
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Mathematics - Mathematics
* Request price quotes, contracts, and other information from various vendors to provide to buyers. * Research and recommend viable vendor relationships. * Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining accurate procurement records from initial purchase to material destruction (e.g. purchasing trends, technology needs, and technology expenditures). * Provided impromptu training for faculty, staff, IT personnel, and students to ensure software and hardware assets were fully utilized.
- Technology Procurement Consultant at Columbus State University
- Computer Services Specialist II at Columbus State University
- Software License and Compliance Manager at
- Computer Services Specialist I at Columbus State University
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science in CyberSecurity - CyberSecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science