Directed negotiations for the procurement of Electrical Balance of Plant (EBOP) for 50MW Gul Ahmad
Wind Power Plant, worth 20% of the overall Project revenue and ensured a discount of 15% of the planned
cost. Strongly followed-up to ensure timely delivery of long-lead items from various regions across the globe.
• Prepared and submitted the commercial bid for ADCO-Sahil Full Field Development Project, UAE, as lead procurement engineer. Descon won the bid as an EPC Contractor.
• Established and strengthened liaison with suppliers for companies like ADCO, GASCO, Saudi Aramco, Nordex, etc., across the globe and got competitive offers for a strong commercial bid.
• During a critical stage of a project, sourced, negotiated and made a timely delivery of a long-lead item possible and eliminated the chance of project completion delay because of the emergency sourcing of Transformers.
• Ensured quality of various major equipment through Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) at vendor premises before their shipment to project sites.
• Prepared & developed bid documents and supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations on commodities and services in less than a month, saving almost 3 months for my company to evaluate the bids.
- Senior Procurement Engineer at Descon Engineering Ltd
- Procurement Engineer at Descon Engineering Ltd
- Project Engineer at 200MW Bhikki Power Plant
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Supply Chain Management - International Logistics & Transportation Systems
- - Research
- Certificate in Advance Global Supply Chain Management and Leadership
• Created, managed & implemented a competitive bid process for electrical substation equipment.
• Developed contract strategies and processed for tendering RFPs, reviewed and leveled vendor proposals and negotiated contracts to support the company's KPI of 6% cost reduction which resulted in $1.5 million savings in Q1 & Q2'2016.
• Managed bid evaluation, commercial & technical negotiations and contract approvals.
• Utilized ERP software (SAP/Oracle) to generate Purchase Requisition and issue Purchase Orders worth of $2 million on monthly basis.
• Managed all vendor/supplier development and management tasks including identifying suppliers for scopes of work, qualifying suppliers and ensuring purchasing readiness.
• Participated in ISO audits to resolve procurement process improvements.
• Liasoning with Design, Finance and Legal teams for the competitive bidding process.
- Procurement Engineer at TBEA Energy India Pvt. Ltd
4 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical Engineering
• Responsible for performing engineering evaluations and assigning the appropriate technical and quality assurance requirements imposed on vendors during procurement of items to ensure system and station design basis requirements were maintained. Scope of work focused on mechanical items covered by various industrial and nuclear codes such as ASME B31.1 and ASME III (i.e. valves, piping, fittings, welding materials, pipe supports).
• Prepared Item Equivalency Evaluations to analyze the impacts of technical changes to replacement items used in nuclear power station primary and secondary systems.
• Developed test plans and acceptance criteria for the dedication of commercial grade items used in nuclear safety related systems.
• Leveraged commercial grade dedication, alternative suppliers, and other strategies to achieve cost savings and reductions of over $2 million during my time with Dominion.
- Procurement Engineer at Dominion Energy
- Mechanical Engineering Tutor at ODU Collaborative Engineering Tutoring Lab
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
Supported project specific functions in a technical management oversight capacity including deadline identification, on-time delivery, and quality products - Provided solutions to procurement and obsolescence challenges - Key Project: Served 6 months on site at Nuclear Power Plant, with top security clearance, as the main interface with a major blue chip customer. Face-to-face with customer for design, implementation and problem resolution of complete Fire System Replacement. Directly interfaced with commercial vendors, software integration group, cyber security team, project management and plant engineering.
- Procurement Engineer at Rolls-Royce Nuclear Engineering Services
- Professional Mixed Martial Artist at The Mat Factory
- Design Engineer at Rolls-Royce Nuclear Engineering Services
- Head Wrestling Coach at Penn State New Kensington
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Hard Disk Storage Drives for Business/Consumer Products
• Internal Promotion to Procurement Group from Quality Group
• Work with design and development team for new project tooling purchase and source new materials.
• Cost reduction project by change process and alternative material selection process.
• Supplier cost reduction project by supplier re-negotiation.
• Automatic purchase order system implementation.
• Performed supplier annual evaluations by monitoring cost reduction analysis and quality assessments of products, materials, and services.
- Senior Procurement Engineer at Seagate Technology Thailand Co., Ltd
- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Seagate Technology Thailand Co., Ltd
- Senior Supply Chain Engineer at Fabrinet Company Limited
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- MS - Engineering
- BS - Engineering
Manufacturer of diagnostic imaging machines for healthcare providers. Procurement Engineer sourced spare parts from qualified suppliers.
• Collaborated on a change management team to ensure that suppliers could meet specifications & evaluated all changes for maneuverability and cost effectiveness.
• Implemented over $100K in savings.
- Procurement Engineer at Philips Healthcare
- Buyer at Stolle Machinery Company
- Buyer/Planner at Goodrich Landing Gear
- Purchasing Agent at Pennsylvania Crusher Corporation
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering
· Ensure early and deep procurement involvement on defined projects, new platform design and product enhancements. · Drive for Innovation and Technology Leadership, high product quality and ensure cost down achievement on defined cross-functional programs. · Keep timelines and deliverables while managing challenging business environment. · Challenge and constantly improve internal processes for customer experience B2C and B2B. · Drive concept savings in new product development and platform designs in close cooperation with R&D, Marketing, Quality, SCM, Controlling and Operations. · Lead and participate in value engineering and design to cost conventions as well as DfX Conventions. · Ensure that Procurement Engineering related risks (cost, quality, and timelines) are controlled and mitigated via pro-active and appropriate actions.
- Global Procurement Engineer at Philips Healthcare
- Sr Development Engineer at Philips – Invivo Corporation
- Electrical Design Engineer at Philips – Invivo Corporation
3 years at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration (MBA)
- Master's - Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Associate - Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Electronic Engineering
- Procurement Engineer at OGER INTERNATIONAL MAROC
- Procurement Engineer at EUROPEENNE BTP
- Purchasing Manager at STL DELTA
4 years at this Job
- MBA - Education
• Analyzed raw OSV (On Site Verification) data in order to understand failure trends/root causes and improve DPPM.
• Generated OSV reports on Power Supplies and Processors by analyzing raw data of commodity failures and shared OSV analysis performed to internal and external teams, and ODMs.
• Provided on time Purges & Holds reports highlighting both the impacted orders and loss of revenue of the Americas region.
• Presented updates on tracked Purges/Holds and Commodity Performance in weekly Supplier Quality meeting.
• Determined commodity action plans with team members, highlighting possible areas of improvements for commodities failing to meet DPPM goal, and driving said Improvement Actions.
• Assisted as Team member in LSS Black Belt project to improve ODM's RMA Process cycle time, initiative which reduced amount of USD in open RMA from $1.5M in July 2016 to $356k in June 2017.
• Hosted bi-weekly ODM commodity DPPM review meetings in order to share/understand failure trends and root cause with internal and external teams.
- Quality Engineer/Procurement Engineer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Quality Control Manager - Assistant Engineer at Bermúdez, Longo, Día -Masso LLC
- Research Intern at Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico
- Research Intern at National Aeronautics and Space Administration
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
- - Aviation Mechanic
• Work to procure D9, D10, and D11 parts for production
• Contact suppliers to confirm ship dates
• Query Mach 1 for part demand, schedules, ship dates,
• Query ANTARES for various supplier and part information
• Update team on PPAP and packaging statuses
- Procurement Engineer at Meridian Technologies
- Sales Variance Analyst at Aditi Staffing
- Warranty Claims Specialist at CATERPILLAR FINANCIAL INSURANCE SERVICES
- Quality Engineer at CATERPILLAR FINANCIAL INSURANCE SERVICES
2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Math in Arts and Science - Math
- Associate of Math in Arts and Science - Math