Procurement Supervisor - Supervise and facilitate high priority Credit Card Buy (CCB) orders for all submarines and surface ships - Supervise the solicitation process from potential vendors for all fleet activities - Check all applicable procurement systems to ascertain contract information including DLA Internet Bid Board System (DIBBS), Electronic Documents Access (EDA), and System for Award Management (SAM) - Contact suppliers and vendors to verify shipment details and expedite purchase orders Material Expeditor - Enter, source, track and expedite critical MILSTRIP requisitions for all surface ships and submarines - Check all applicable systems for ascertaining stock availability to include, but not limited to, Defense Reutilization Material Office (DRMO), One-Touch Supply, Asset Visibility (AV), Afloat Total Asset Visibility (ATAV), Force Inventory Management Analysis Reporting System (FIMARS), Federal Electronic Mall (FEDMALL), Real-time Reutilization Asset Management (RRAM), and Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) - Research vessel operation schedules to coordinate transfer and/or delivery of National Stock Number items to fill high priority Casualty Report (CASREP) requisitions - Check shipments to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications
- Procurement Supervisor/Material Expediter at Place of Employment
- Submarine Qualified Logistics Specialist at Place of Employment
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Homeland Security & Public Safety
Supervisor of a team of 17 professional buyers subcontracting procurement services to Lockheed Martin (LM) in support of NASA Orion Program.
• Provides acquisition support to multiple LM facilities located in diverse geographical areas across the United States.
• Manages a supply chain of over 300 plus suppliers of different commodities. (electrical, hardware, composites, raw metal distributors, machine shops)
• For the past several years, have consistently guided team towards meeting and exceeding timely and low procurement acquisition lead times requested by the customer.
• Through strategic contracting mechanisms and supplier management maintains a supply chain standard of average on time delivery of 90% or better.
• Experienced in negotiating terms and conditions within company delegation.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate staff levels are met relative to the needs of the organization and program.
• Provides contract support between LM and the supply chain coordinating established government mandatory inspection points.
• Supported company roll out for employee evaluation which resulted in marked performance improvements.
- Procurement Supervisor at Arcata Associates Inc
- Senior Buyer at Arcata Associates Inc
- Buyer at Arcata Associates Inc
- at Sabbatical
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level I - Compliant
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Supervised Procurement Specialist, managed loan objectives, managed contracts, negotiations and evaluations. Solicitations through every step and P Card administration.
- Procurement Supervisor at Arizona Department of Health Services
- Procurement Supervisor IV at Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Business Manager at Central Oklahoma Juvenile Center
- Business Manager/Maintenance Administrator at Mabel Bassett Correctional Center
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- B.A. - Liberal Studies and Administrative Leadership
* Manage activities, train, mentor, and review performance of procurement staff * Process purchase orders and requisitions for products. * Communicate with current and prospective vendors to determine terms and availability. * Interview applicants and train staff using tailored training program. * Devise purchasing instructions and policies, and ensure proper procedure from both the company and vendors. * Analyze and Prepare reports for material forecasting and savings * Resolve issues with PO contracts and supplies. * Develop and implement organizational policies for the department. * Manage budget for operations by tracking MRO spending * Meet with suppliers to negotiate better pricing
- Procurement Supervisor at Crane Nuclear Inc
- Procurement Specialist at Crane Nuclear Inc
- Buyer/Planner at Videojet Technologies Corporation
- Buyer at Hansen Technologies Corporation
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Manages the day-to-day procurement and shipping operations ensure optimal processing and efficient placement of purchase orders, confirmations, returns, resolution of invoice discrepancies and expediting of orders when necessary. * Identifies repetitive challenges and suggests corresponding process improvement opportunities, in collaboration with Material Manager. Ensures orders are placed accurately with suppliers and methods of shipment and all terms are documented correctly * Monitors and completes open purchase order reports to resolution and ensures vendor confirmations are being handled appropriately. Negotiates product pricing, freight and payment terms with suppliers for the labs on behalf of the institute. * Works with laboratory team to determine proper substitutions related to product back orders and recalls. * Reviews and evaluates equipment repair history and performs cost analysis to determine if repairs are cost effective. Approves repairs or recommends equipment replacement within guidelines. * Maintains working knowledge of contract compliance and aids in the resolution of questions regarding products in Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) Agreements. * Work collaboratively with Account Payable to audit supplier's invoices for any potential discrepancies against PO's/Contract. * Identified errors, problems and issues and takes corrective actions as necessary, including but not limited to advising and documenting work of staff, conducting internal/external audits, and recommending termination of agreements and contracts. * Meet with suppliers to review audit and develop plan of correction resulting in decrease of invoice discrepancies to 4% * Maintains a working knowledge of applicable FAR, state, and local laws, regulations, and industry standards
- Procurement Supervisor at SANFORD BURNHAM PREBYS MEDICAL DISCOVERY INSTITUTE
- Procurement Specialist Supervisor at FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
- Implementation Specialist at HEALTHCARE PURCHASING ALLIANCE
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Institution for Supply Management
• Review and analyze requisitions
• Coordinate procurement of items for our food and beverage department
• Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, distribution capabilities, service, support, availability, reliability, and supplier's reputation & history.
• Build rapport with vendors; review bid proposals
• Negotiate, re-negotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, and/ or representatives.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine need for changes.
• Using NaVision Database for all requisitions, orders, vendors information, purchasing history
• Ensure deliveries are made
• Communicate with vendors of any discrepancies with orders
• Create Bids for vendors, and thoroughly analyze and compare items in the bid
• Source new items Customer Service Representative
• Answered incoming calls to assist passengers with their existing reservations
• Used BosaNova system to look up reservation details
• Completed verifications for reservation agents, listened to verifications for quality assurance
• Explained penalties, and non-refundable policy and as well as suggesting alternative options
• Assisted with training new hires in showing them how to work the BosaNova System
• Assisted passengers with rate information
- Procurement Supervisor at Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
- Office Manager at L.S.C. Insurance Agency
10 years at this Job
- - Business administration and business management
Supervision of 4 procurement agents. Directs the operations of the INL Procurement Section which procures a variety of commodities and services in support of INL sub-units, programs, projects and associated agencies. Performs and supervises micro-purchases, simplified acquisitions and complex contract development. Provides oversight to the Purchase Card Program. Manages commodities research, solicitation, bid, contract management, and contract closeout processes. Follows unique INL specific procurement actions and guidelines as established by the Foreign-
Assistance Act of 1961 and Executive Order 11223 of May 12, 1961
• Have been responsible to report to the INL-section Management Officer
• Have been responsible for Leadership and Management of the Procurement Agents of INL Kabul Procurement office
• have been responsible to Manage office Procurement approximately $500 M annually.
• Have been responsible to assign Procurement workload with the two Procurement Agents
• Have been responsible for making large and small purchases for INL Kabul offices, Engineers, field staff, large Institutional contractors (when the Procurement is not part of their responsibilities)
• Have been responsible to Advise/assist of Acquisitions Management & Procurement planing to INL Program Directors, Senior Programs Advisors & Managers such as DOJ, DEA, United States-Marshal Services, CSSP & JSSP Have responsible for making large and small purchases for donation to the Afghan Government through INL's Letter of Agreement with GIRoA Professional Background
- Procurement Supervisor at State Department, U.S Embassy
- Logistics Manager at U.S Army
- Procurement Officer at Bahar Kabul Construction Company Kabul
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- - English Language
- Bachelor of Science
- Certificate - Information Techonlogy
- Certificate - Federal Simplified Acquisition Procedures
Contract Management Bureau,
50 Wolf Rd Albany NY
My position was Designation and Procurement Supervisor of Architecture / Engineering Services for NYSDOT- Contract Management Bureau.
My responsibilities were split between managing;
The professional procurement staff at NYSDOT,
The NYSDOT Consultant Selection System and Acting as a liaison with the Engineering consultant industry in New York State.
As a liaison with the consultant industry I discussed and implemented NYSDOT senior management's policies as they pertain to the selection and procurement of the professional services of engineering firms.
My duties as the supervisor of the NYSDOT Consultant selection unit required the experience, depth of knowledge and understanding of the variables required to provide a consistent, fair, and honest system to determine the best qualified consultant to the NYSDOT for a given project at a given time. My duties, to execute this mission statement, included:
Interacting with the NYSDOT program area Bureau Directors to understand the nature and scope of the project, establish a time line, and verify the funding source(s) to develop a clear, concise and articulate advertisement(s) for the public's use.
I have the aptitude and insight to know when to notify management, with a measured level of importance, what constitutes the need for management's involvement. I present possible solutions for all the issues.
My management duties included;
• Monitor and assign each professionals work based on workload and individual skill sets
• Supervise the clerical staff that collects, maintains and generates reports that were used by the committee members during the evaluation of each firm/team
• Oversight of electronic working files on the NYSDOT file server (relative to Consultant procurement)
• Facilitator at committee meetings with scoring evaluators
• Selecting the number of Consultant firms/teams to be on short list, depending of criteria and profile of project.
• Selection of committee members within current guidelines
• Consultants often wish to know how to improve the score they received on a project. I lead all debriefings. Some consultants debrief more colorfully than others and I was charged with keeping the meeting focused and on the task in a prompt professional manner
• The NYSDOT policy allows the prime firms to utilize Minority/Women or Disadvantaged Business Enterprises as sub consultants by providing a scoring incentive. When queried I explain how this effects the outcome of the final scores. As the supervisor of the unit, I either directed or guided the professional staff in the;
• Determine the method of Consultant procurement based on attributes of the project.
• Preparation of NYS Contract Report advertisement
• Ensure the detailed advertisements and/or Request for Proposal was published within established parameters.
• Respond to consultant inquires mindful; of laws regarding appropriate contacts
• Review for content the projects engineering scope of services
• Establish training needs of Committee members
• Oversee operation of electronic scoring
• Review packages - Advertisements, NYSDOT 255, any correspondence that leaves the Department relative to Consultant Selection.
• Approve time cards/ days off/ vacation schedule while ensuring adequate coverage of office functions
• Schedule meetings on technical issues
• Train new staff
- Designation and Procurement Supervisor of Architecture at New York State Department of Transportation
- High School Teacher at
- Director of Training at Chauffeurs Training School Inc
- High School Business Teacher at
30 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Business Education
Responsible for leading and supervising the bulk procurement team of buyers and expediters. This included overseeing the formation and administration of pipe spool and structural steel fabrication agreements, blanket purchase agreements, and basic ordering agreements. Successfully championed and implemented process improvements recognizing significant (>$1M) savings.
- Bulk Material Procurement Supervisor at Bechtel
- Subcontracts Supervisor at Bechtel
- Subcontracts Administrator at Bechtel
- Control Account Manager at Bechtel National, Inc
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- BA - Business: Finance and Economics
- Associate of Arts
Maintained, Controlled, Ordering and Management more than 1000 Food Products Identification codes .Supervised up to 10 junior sailors to process, order and merchandise 1000 products for all Navy Galleys in Ventura County.
• Managed day to day accountability and menu production for approximately $500,000 in value.
• Ordering more than 450 products per week and maintain 100 accuracy in inventory.
• Distribute and merchandise 1000 different products around the Naval Base Ventura County Galleys.
• Achieve Zumwalt Admiral Recognition and Three years Five Star Recognition for keep Inventory Accuracy above the US Navy Standards and reduce cost of the products by ordering correctly and a perfect use of FIFO systems.
- Procurement Supervisor at Naval Base Ventura County
- Navy Barracks Petty Officer Supervisor at Naval Air Station VFA
- Maintenance Facilities Assistant at ACU
- Culinary Specialist, FFG-46 at USS RENTZ
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business
- Associate - Marketing