Manager, Product Control - UBS AG, UBS Hedge Fund Solutions, New York NY April 2013 – Present
• Served as Associate Director from 4/2013 to 11/2016 and Product Control Manager 11/2016 to present.
• Designed and implemented the firm's policy for foreign exchange hedges, supervise and approve all foreign exchange execution across the entire platform.
• Manage a team of junior product controllers that maintain accounting books and records for custom and commingled hedge fund portfolios.
• Administer over 3 fund of hedge fund portfolios with AUM between $40 million and $2.5 billion; carry out shadow accounting and fee calculations on a monthly basis.
• Serve as lead product controller for the firm's flagship hedge fund vehicle with over $2.5 billion in AUM.
• Execute strategic efficiency projects including the design of a reconciliation uploader that saves the team 10 hours per month. Coordinated with external administrators, internal departments and other stakeholders.
• Maintain portfolios' current and forward looking financial views by booking trades, cash and accruals.
• Assist with the preparation and review of annual financial statements that are delivered to regulatory authorities and clients. File and review quarterly regulatory filings, including NFA and Form PF fillings.
• Coordinate expected cash flows and assist senior investment professionals with portfolio cash flow management.
• Work with the investor relations team to prepare month-end performance reporting for investors.
• Assist business development and investor relations teams with ad hoc, custom deliverables requests.
• Monitor portfolios for current and forward looking potential guideline breaches.
• Created custom indices for a client on Bloomberg and do a weekly upload of prices for this client.
- Product Controller Manager at UBS Hedge Fund Solutions
- Fund/ Portfolio Accountant at Citigroup
- Accountant/Consultant at Citco Fund Services
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting, Accounting core
Oversee the profit and loss for JP Morgan’s Global Fund Service’s business with $650 million in annual revenues.
• Enable business decisions to be executed by providing key data metrics and commentary
• Contribute to the quarterly earnings release by providing guidance on valuations and revenues through data walks and other information
• Analyze revenues and make necessary adjustments to depict accurate and timely revenues
• Execute timely and accurate fed and regulatory reporting to ensure JP Morgan remains in compliance with key financial legislation.
- Product Controller at JPMorgan Chase
- Senior Associate, Asset Management Advisory at PWC
- Fund Financial Analyst, Fixed Income Fund Analysis at THE VANGUARD GROUP
- at THE VANGUARD GROUP
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance & Real Estate
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
• Responsible for providing P&L to the US Energy trading desks, including P&L drivers, market commentary, positions and risk metrics.
• Responsible for validating and signing off on VaR and Drawdown figures sent by the Risk team daily.
• Assist with year-end audit with Ernst and Young.
• Liaise with the IT Department on various ad-hoc projects to improve the P&L reporting processes.
• Created a process for reporting consolidated Net-Liquidating Values and Collateral charges to the four US Energy trading desks.
• Built and implemented a reconciliation to ensure there are no discrepancies in the P&L reported to the trading desk and senior management.
• Revamped the consolidation report for issuing daily consolidated P&L to senior management team for the entire company.
- Product Controller at Engelhart Commodities Trading Partners, LLC
- Trade Accountant at Gerald Metals, LLC
- Trade Accountant at Freepoint Commodities, LLC
- Accounts Receivable Assistant/ Collections Associate at Urstadt Biddle Properties, Inc
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Publishing daily trading pnl with market commentary. Perform month end, quarter end, and year end close processes
- Product Controller at Morgan Stanley
- Analyst, Fixed Income Derivatives at Morgan Stanley
- Team Member at Target Express
- Financial Analyst Intern at Quantum Financial Advisors
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Inspect product for damage to properly categorize it Take inventory of items to make sure all orders were accurate Prepare items for proper shipment
- Product Controller at PRODUCT CONTROL, BLACK SUNSHINE CO
- at DAVID STARR JORDAN HIGH SCHOOL
3 months at this Job
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE - CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE - CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Hired to manage Treasury Finance processes for Global Equity and Fixed Income businesses. Report to Group VP and make monthly presentations to executive management team of key findings. Deliver daily/monthly reconciliation and review of $3 million P&L and $100 billion balance sheet results.
● Oversee and validate reporting of business funding transactions, financial forecasts, variance and trend analysis.
● Provide insightful analysis and continually seek to drive operational efficiencies to maintain strong controls.
● Serve as primary contact for business unit controllers and global counterparts in 3 international offices.
● Trained a multidisciplinary Product Control team of 20 on Treasury processes and procedures.
● Collaborate with senior management to consistently exceed targeted objectives and meet all deadlines.
● Rated as a top performing analyst.
- Product Controller - Treasury Finance at BARCLAYS CAPITAL
- Product Controller - Corporate Investment Bank at JP MORGAN CHASE & CO
- Accountant at AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- BSBA - FINANCE & HR MANAGEMENT
I have between my last position and now been taking classes both online at the NY public library, to maintain and improve my skill set and acquire new skills. So, I have been taking classes in financial analysis, Statistics, SQL, R programming and Python programming. 11/12/2014-01/11/2017 Barlcays, New York NY Product Controller Daily Duties Daily Trade Analysis, P&L production and reporting. Reviewed and reported on daily trade activity and its impact on the P&L, Balance Sheet and risk profile. Performed any ad-hoc P&L and balance sheet analysis. Monthly Trading, Balance Sheet Analysis and Reporting. Provided analysis on business trends, such as trading volume and allocation. Documented and enhanced control process and procedures. Worked closely with the Financial Control and Valuations group to ensure the accurate representation of the positions held by the trading desk. Ensured the General Ledger was updated and reconciled monthly. Prepared analytical reviews and presentations, such as FAS157. Worked closely with all other support areas for the group to cover accounting, credit, operational and market risk aspects of the business. Performed ad-hoc and tactical Daily & Month end tasks.
- Product Controller at Barlcays
- Product Controller at Morgan Stanley
- Auditor at RGIS
- Sales Representative at Macy's Douglaston
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Finance
Load and unload trailers pull orders double check orders Operate electric pallet jack operate Drexel end of day paperwork end of day emails drive trucks Service vendors operate yard dog
- Product Controller at Hollandia Dairy
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Business
- Some college
Jackson, Michigan 05/2017 to 01/2018 Work in the warehouse repacking parts for production lines and driving fork lift and tuggers.
- Product Controller at Anchor Staffing Agency/Maci
- at Little shop of hobby
- Press operator at Diversified Engineering Plastics
- Forklift Operator at American Tooling Center
8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Implement process improvements by analyzing current procedures and creating automated procedures to enhance monthly close timing and accuracy.
• Perform an efficient month end close and financial reporting process to produce timely and accurate financial reports
• Prepare actual to budget, actual to forecast analysis and Year-over-Year analyses for key P&L accountings and identify areas for improvement and advise accordingly.
• Participate in critical accounting projects and assist with on-going projects surrounding internal controls, company entity purchases/mergers, operational systems process improvements, and on-going global accounting implementations.
• Manage global intercompany reconciliations, AR, AP, Bank rec's, and resolve all issues before month end close
• Support external audit requirements and coordinate with IPC's external auditors to ensure an efficient review process
• Work cross functionally with global business teams to review actual results, prepare forecasts and enhance business reporting metrics.
• Manage fixed assets close and reporting, as well as working across departments to ensure proper assets are capitalized.
- Product Controller/Assistant Controller at IPC Systems, JC, NJ
- Senior Accountant/Acting Manager at Steven Alan
- Corporate Accountant at Retail Group of America
- at Marqay.com
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Accountancy in Financial Accounting - Accountancy