I have between my last position and now been taking classes both online at the NY public library, to maintain and improve my skill set and acquire new skills. So, I have been taking classes in financial analysis, Statistics, SQL, R programming and Python programming. 11/12/2014-01/11/2017 Barclays, New York NY Product Controller Daily Duties Daily Trade Analysis, P&L production and reporting. Reviewed and reported on daily trade activity and its impact on the P&L, Balance Sheet and risk profile. Performed any ad-hoc P&L and balance sheet analysis. Monthly Trading, Balance Sheet Analysis and Reporting. Provided analysis on business trends, such as trading volume and allocation. Documented and enhanced control process and procedures. Worked closely with the Financial Control and Valuations group to ensure the accurate representation of the positions held by the trading desk. Ensured the General Ledger was updated and reconciled monthly. Prepared analytical reviews and presentations, such as FAS157. Worked closely with all other support areas for the group to cover accounting, credit, operational and market risk aspects of the business. Performed ad-hoc and tactical Daily & Month end tasks.
- Product Controller at Barclays
- Commodities Product Controller at Morgan Stanley
- Auditor at RGIS
- Sales Representative at Macy's Douglaston
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Finance
Responsible for reviewing and validating attribution-based Profit/Loss and Risk reports for Rates desk
composed of fixed income and derivative products.
• Improved controls and prevented future Trade finder, Opal and Kannon Compliance reporting for Rates T1 business by 100%.
• Manage monthly production of T+1 P&L, month end reserve and cash breaks.
• Perform Front-to-Back Business Unit Control functions ranging from daily P&L production, flash to actual reconciliation, P&L explain with commentary and validation
• Perform Present Values, Cash Balances, Funding, Provisions analysis and reconciliations of static data between Front Office Systems and Back Office systems.
• Liaise with Front Office, Valuation Group, and Back Office to resolve discrepancies/issues
• Manage, led and cross trained team of 5 people for Options, Swaps, Treasuries product controller functions Municipal Product Controller
• Managed interest rate derivatives Prime Brokerage middle office, covering the life cycle of products including trade capture, settlement queries, confirmations queries and ad-hoc reporting
• Co-led a project to migrate all our product from excel sheet to DB Palace platform which enhance productivity and efficiency cross-products and manual process time cut by 50%.
• Worked closely with the back-office regarding accounting, trade confirmation, collateral and settlement issues with the counterparty
• Performed front to back office reconciliation for fixed assets, and swap accounts. Reviewed the reasonableness, aging and integrity of the data
• Managed production of daily reports and schedules, such as traders break reports, accrual and PV calculation, daily cash reconciliation, daily Risk/P&L verification and price testing schedules.
• Produced reporting for audits and weekly and monthly metrics and presented to senior management
• Inherited a process which I took over from colleague and lead to cleared sizable back log of MOAR/MAFA cash breaks by 98% brought cash break down from $195M to $100K in short time. Trade Capture
• Managed the execution of trades confirmations, amend, unwind, and fees for fixed income instruments such as Interest Rate Swaps, Swaptions, Tender Option Bond, Total Return Swap into our valuation reporting systems for straight through process flow to meet trader's expectation.
• Price interest rate derivative trades including swaptions, callable range accruals, target accumulation redemption notes, callable CMS spreads products into systems; ensure risk and prices match trader's models.
• Interacted closely with muni traders on a daily basis, supporting them with quantitative analysis and resolving any risk issues, providing them with Risk/P&L reports and attribution.
• Assisted with the implementation of projects that promoted automation and efficiency, as well as work with IT in the development/enhancement of any ad-hoc reporting.
- Rates Product Controller at Deutsche Bank
- Comptroller - Payroll, Budget, Training and support at US Army - 1st Special Forces Command
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Finance - entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Initially hired as a temporary employee, became full time 10 months later. Assisting management on internal projects to maximize productivity and accuracy in the operation of this wine distribution center. Officially managing the receiving and quality control area of inbound product coming from multiple national vendors ensuring all wine is received according to PO's, inventory control identifying possible distribution errors. Auditing and update cost prices in warehouse systems. Managing also all returned orders following company procedures and assist with data input and physical inventories of all merchandise, always implementing filters to minimize mistakes on daily orders and assisting to supervising the operation in general.
- Product Controller at Wine.com
- Payroll Supervisor at Liberty Oilfield Services
- Operations Supervisor at Lan Cargo Airlines
- Regional Sales Account Mgr at Korean Airlines
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Food Service Management - Food Service Management
USA Summary: The FXEM Macro Product Control group requires a highly motivated individual to have strong analytical, technology, people and communication skills. The individual is involved in all aspects of the revenue reporting processes which include calculation and explanation of daily trading P&L, communication of P&L and associated attribution to trading desks, and reconciliation of P&L with Morgan Stanley's sub ledger on a daily basis. Moreover, the individual must be highly motivated, detail-oriented with strong communication and PC skills, including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Provide daily P&L functions for the FXEM MACRO TRADING business in North America
• Work with Sales & Trading, Risk Mgmt, Technology, Operations and other Controllers on a day-to-day basis to ensure proper P&L reporting and analysis
• Understand the mechanics of bonds, swaps, equity, cash and other investment products.
• Review and report monthly Books to Reported differences and monthly restatements of reporting system
• Attribution of P&L as transactional, carry, or other market-based portfolio effects
• Provide P&L reporting to traders and business management on daily, weekly and monthly basis
• Assist with evaluation and implementation of ongoing process improvements and automation
• Adhoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Product Controller at FXEM
- Corporate Loan Administrator at Morgan Stanley
- Intern- Financial Advisor at Raymond James Financial Services
- Tax Preparer at Global Tax
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Business Administration/Finance
Develop a thorough understanding of business strategy, risks, controls, and investments (including private and common equity, public and private debt, and real estate backed equity)
● Review daily business profit & loss, reconciliation of desk projected P&L to actual, revenue summary, and balance sheet
● Analyze and distribute regular P&L and balance sheet commentary and drivers to product control and desk management
● Month-end P&L close, including reconciliation between management projections and accounting systems, general ledger to sub-ledger tie out, and reporting of results to senior management
● Monthly price verification including stamping, tieout, discussing results with management, and oversight of impact on month end P&L and reporting
● Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly reporting activities including internal reporting to management and external financial reporting (e.g., loan disclosures, FAS157, FAS159, Y12, Y-14Q)
● Quarterly valuations of private equity and real estate backed equity positions using various valuation methodologies (e.g., DCF, comparable company analysis, multiples)
● Coordination Accounting Policy to arrive at a consensus on accounting treatment of new complex investments
- Product Controller at Goldman Sachs
- Internal Audit Associate at
- Senior Consultant at Keane Unclaimed Property
- Staff Auditor at
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree - Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
Experienced product controller hired to streamline manual processes and reduce the risk of manual errors.
● Decreased the me to complete a daily P&L reconciliation of FX and Interest rate trades from 20 minutes to 5 minutes and decreased risk for manual errors by semi-automating the process. Updated procedures for ease of transition and documentationn.
● Decreased me to calculate monthly RWA from 20 minutes to 5 and decreased the risk of manual errors by semi-automating the process.
● Wrote procedures for the reporting and reconciliationn of collateral pledge positions.
- Assistant Managing Director/ Capital Markets Product Controller at CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK OF COMMERCE
- Senior Analyst/ Product Controller at CAPITAL ONE
- AVP/ Senior Product Controller at JPMORGAN CHASE
- AVP/ Latin America Trade Controller at JPMORGAN CHASE
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
• Take product off of the trailer and deliver it to the assembly line
• Return empty product containers to the trailer
- Product Controller at Tesla
- Crew Member at Taco Bell
- Security Officer at Sintex Security
- Security Officer at Crimetek Security
8 months at this Job
- AS - Criminal Justice
· Responsible for reporting accurate profit and loss to the desk on a timely basis. · Responsible for reconciling the front office vs back office and report any discrepancies. · Daily checking of trading activity pertaining to new /amends/ cancellation of trades. · Responsible for independent validation and substantiation of the P&L reported to the management and the trading desk. · Investigate and resolve day to day and ad hoc P&L issues promptly. · Established close working relationship with the respective trading personnel while maintaining strong internal control mechanisms. · Explaining traders the result of Profit and Loss and analyzing flash vs formal Profit and Loss variance on a day to day basis · Assisted in automation and improvement of several existing manual processes by coordinating with IT teams. · Responsible for providing daily PnL commentaries to the management. · Monitored month-end closing of books and records to ensure the integrity of financial information · Assisted in handling audit queries and ensured all evidences were provided on time · Responsible and accountable for all professional actions
- Product Controller at Barclays
- Industrial Trainee at Eveready Industries
- Article Assistant at De & Bose Chartered Accountants
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Chartered Accountant - Commerce
- Bachelor's - Commerce
Manage Rates & AVI (support function) offshore teams of 20+ FTE's- Coordinate and resolve any ad-hoc issues to ensure the team complete daily and month end tasks and adhere to SLA's and KPC's
● Member of core working group for transition of 50+ FTE's globally to India and Singapore center and lead the transition for Rates business
● Conduct multiple training sessions to senior controllers on F2B architecture, P&L and B/S commentary, month end controls and case studies on operational risk incidents
● Designed and implemented global Reserves/IPV rec for Rates, Credit and FX products
● Lead the global AVI Operational risk remediation- Identify control accounts which haven't been onboarded to Trade Lifecycle Management (TLM) and draft an action plan to clear legacy breaks and onboard the accounts
● Implement Operational Framework within support functions (150 FTE's) to streamline SOP review process, error tracking, standardize working files and improve capacity utilization and reduce onshore support
● Manage the End User Applications (EUA's) within support functions and commercial Lending business for SOX compliance
● Lead the Green belt project which resulted in 0.5 FTE saving and also improved process efficiency by reducing the target SLA time by 4 hours for AMER Rates and part of Black Belt project to implement it across global Rates
- Product Controller at UBS AG
- Product Controller at UBS AG
- Associate Consultant at UBS AG
- Research Assistant at International Center for Corporate Accountability Inc
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance & Investments
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Diploma - Business Management
Temporary Assignment through Salomon Page Group.
➢ Responsible for producing aggregate daily P&L reports for the bank's domestic treasury desk, including investment portfolio (over $40BN securities), trading and funding portfolios.
➢ Had direct ownership of P&L production of various Accrual/Trading books. Products overseen included: US Treasuries, Agency Bonds, IR Swaps, Futures, Options, Loans/Deposits, as well as FX products and Repos/Reverse Repos.
➢ Performed daily ledger reconciliation vs. sub-ledger systems on balance sheet and P&L accounts, including systems such as Summit, IMPACT, Treats and Calypso. Also performed analytical review of P&L and independent price valuations.
➢ Ensured that variances to desk estimates were adequately explained and signed off by the FO desk.
➢ Improved P&L production processes by automating and standardizing several key components, including money market transactions, FX arbitrage trades, FAS133 hedging, and intercompany transfer pricing portfolios.
➢ Acted as a point of contact/liaison between front office, Back-Office, IT, and PC to ensure the resolution of P&L reporting challenges/issues.
➢ Assisted Senior Product Controllers and FO with ad hoc projects, and trained members of the offshore support team.
- Product Controller - Balance Sheet Management at HSBC Bank USA
- IRD Trading Support at Bank of New York Mellon
- Junior Derivatives Broker/Trading Assistant at Tradition
- Operations Control Analyst at Barclays Capital
8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Finance