Reporting to the Engineering Manager and supporting the Product Engineering Department, the position of
Product Design Engineer holds responsibility for the design and development of OEM mirror products.
• Design and development through all stages of the NPI process: working from the initial evaluation of project through to quoting, design, prototype, and on through full production.
• Work closely with project, tooling, manufacturing, quality, and materials engineers to ensure the that all components of the design can be manufactured, assembled, and function as intended.
• Create and update CAD models using NX Unigraphics 11.
• Create component and assembly drawings using common GD&T practices.
• Develop validation and testing plans to insure designs are compliant to meet customer and legal requirements.
• Communicate closely with customers to meet deadlines and present updates on the progress of design related topics throughout the life of the project.
• Use FEA software to optimize and verify the structural integrity of designs.
• Participate in engineering cost savings.
• Update, maintain, and control the design of existing products consisting of design improvements, technical drawings, specs, bill of materials, and cost reduction.
• Design SPC gages to measure injection molded parts.
- Product Design Engineer at Truck-Lite LLC
- Senior Design Project at Penn State Behrend
- Manufacturing Engineer Intern, American Turned Products at Manufacturing Engineering Department
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Product Design Engineer for chainsaw components and accessories for Forestry, Lawn & Garden
professionals. Creates and implements optimization of parts geometry and assemblies to achieve
efficiency and performance goals, while complying with regulations for environment, health, and safety.
Works in global teams to provide new product offerings and sustain or improve existing products.
• Eliminated a Forestry accessory's blister packaging by integrating breakable hang-tabs into the injection-molded part; saving 54% in overall costs.
• Designed new chain rivet breaking anvil; improved ergonomics and reduced parts cost by 38%.
• Improved the company's best-performing cutting chain; that cutting efficiencies were increased by 7%, system vibration was reduced by 8%, while maintaining safety compliance for "kickback".
• Using structured problem solving, identified and reduced sources of variability in several production systems; which has saved Blount $590,000 to date, with a projected $2,360,000 through 2020.
• Lead engineer in adhesives development, allowing for the joining of materials with poor weldability to achieve desired performances such as wear resistance, strength, toughness, stiffness and low mass.
• Created adhesively-bonded chainsaw guide bar, having increased bending and torsional strengths no less than 20%, added rigidity of more than 36%, and an additional wear resistance of 49%.
• Mentoring of engineering interns to instill exceptional engineering practices and workplace skillsets.
• Global travel to user and dealer sites for product field testing, events, and Voice of Customer activities.
- Senior Product Design Engineer at Blount International
- Engineer & Development Group Lead at Powell Industries
- Product Engineer at McCue Corporation
- Engineer / API 510 Inspector at Longview
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
3D Product Design Engineer, Responsibilities Held are as described below: 1. Designing complete Recreational Vehicles within compliance of federal and local government standards, 2. Designing interior & exterior coponents such as: cabinets, interior and exterior walls. 3. 3D reverse design engineering manufacturer supplied parts. 4. Maintaining Documentation within Microsoft Office for Production and Service.
- Product Design Engineer at Highland Ridge RV
1 year at this Job
- High school - General Education
• Lead Engineer for Product Design Team on Lexus RX 350/450 Vehicle Seat Systems
• Supervised team of 5 engineers, entry to senior level, including trainee from Japan. Responsible for design support to Japan Engineering Design Team on front and rear seat trim, foam, structures, mechanisms, cabling and electronics
- Lead Product Design Engineer at TOYOTA-BOSHOKU OF AMERICA
- Senior Product Design Engineer at MAGNA SEATING SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
- Seat Complete, Lead Design & Release Engineer at GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION - WARREN VEHICLE ENGINEERING CENTER
- Service Engineer - Advanced Serviceability at General Motors
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
* Worked in a team of four to launch a new, $20 Million, 200K SqFt, manufacturing facility, which serves three purposes * Supplying the main Thompsontown (Ttown) facility with newly developed products, frames, doors, and panel components ◦ Results: Producing and finishing 1600 frames, 250 wood doors, 1000 RTF doors per shift with a 12% increase of efficiency compared to main facility * Launching a second frameless cabinet product line, Serenade Cabinetry ◦ Results: Implementing and managing all costing, pricing, design, paperwork, routings, and BOM's for 4,600 new cabinet SKU's * Providing additional capacity for Advanta Studio Full Access ◦ Results: In 6 weeks, designed and implemented the 2020 inSight and 2020 Construct system setup and manufacturing plant allowing production and shipment of 500 cabinets during this time * Worked with machine vendors to purchase the required machines based upon product requirements and cycle time analysis: ◦ Biesse Rover B CNC flat table nesting routers with auto load and unload capabilities * Results: 35 Shaker rigid thermofoil doors machined per hour with consistent quality * Results: Generated all CNC programs for MDF doors both painted and thermofoiled, both of which were new product introductions ◦ Schelling FH6 panel saws for high speed wood panel processing * Assisted with training and implementation of the machine and Ardis panel optimization software with new manufacturing operators ◦ Celfa finishing line capable of finishing over 10K components per day with low VOC water based coatings * Results: Currently finishing 1600 frames and 1500 mouldings and fillers per shift * Lead Engineer on development and implementation of 2020 inSight, 2020 Construct, 2020 Design, bSolid CNC software, Ardis panel optimization software * Worked with consultants to communicate project goals for the new ERP implementation ◦ Results: Ensured on time delivery of consultant tasks via online ticket tool and constant communication * Created and maintained over 50K (Ttown) bill of materials, product costs, pricing, scheduling, paperwork, and product design, along with 4,600 new Serenade SKU's * Worked with CIO to create business policy management rules (BPM) to maintain database integrity by evaluating changes to ensure data compliance ◦ Results: Evaluated and corrected changes on a daily basis and worked with a team to ensure both the BPM rules and data accuracy * Currently lead systems administrator while also completing all new cabinetry designs
- Senior Product Design Engineer at ACProducts Inc
- Product Design Engineer at ACProducts Inc
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer at ACProducts Inc
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Professional engineer in five states - Texas, Arizona, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.
• Provide technical assistance to plant managers, sales, technical resource managers, and Customers.
• Perform liaison function between engineering and all manufacturing operations for any related issues, problems or improvements.
• Execute, refine and complete designs of assorted products and special items needed to meet the project objectives including safety, quality, performance, reliability and schedule deliveries.
• Prepare proposal documentation and weekly project reports for management.
• Responsible for Coordinating technical input from design engineers, customers, and project plans for the development of product drawings
• Simulated the fabrication of the concrete products for the specific project, ranging from project development through engineering design assistance to plant managers and/or area managers, and start up.
• Perform all necessary calculations such as stress analysis, performance analysis, and pressure drop and flow analysis, etc. as required.
• Interact with production personnel to define and solve manufacturing/design issues and implement cost reduction ideas regarding company products.
• Designed all special precast items for submittal and production.
- Product Design Engineer at Forterra Pipe & Precast
- Project Engineer at Hanson Pipe & Precast
2 years at this Job
- Master's - Data Analytics/Data Science
- BSCE - Civil Engineering
- AAS - Engineering Drafting/Design Technology
Lead Electrical Engineer for major chassis, emissions, engine, and powertrain programs:
• Interface with customers to research, develop, and suggest hardware/software solutions that meet their requirements and application.
• Manage and conduct design reviews with program management, hardware, and software team members to verify design meets all physical and functional requirements.
• Develop and meet project timelines based on customer and project requirements.
• Integrate vendor supplied electrical modules, software, and hardware into vehicle electrical architecture to function to supplier specifications.
• Create system and hardware wiring layouts to document design, function, and build specifications for suppliers.
• Create documentation for manufacturing to assemble electrical electromechanical/ mechanical components, control modules, and wiring for customer orders. Engineering support for customer orders:
• Test, troubleshoot, and resolve electrical system issues to meet customer delivery dates.
• Support manufacturing to improve system design, reliability, manufacturability, and/or reduce manufacturing and life-cycle costs.
• Provide permanent resolutions for engineering/vendor issues in the assembly plant/field. Lead and mentor teams of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers:
• Assign schedules, timelines, and prioritize projects amongst Electrical Group team members.
• Develop engineers product knowledge and development by challenging them, promoting independent thinking, and self-improvement.
• Review and approve design intent/content of group projects.
- Lead Electrical Product Design Engineer at S.S.T Truck Company, L.L.C
- Assistant Dairy Department Manager at Tom Thumb
16 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
- Currently working as a Product Design Engineer intern. Involve in product development and creating 3D model and 2D drawings for manufacturing. - Preparing Engineering Change Order (ECO) and carrying out procedure for implementing change in design. - Creating bill of material (BOM) and performing DFMEA, PFMEA and QAP for new product. - Carrying out component level and full assembly FEA analysis (using hypermesh and LS dyna) for current design and correlating results with testing results. - Changing current design in Solidworks and onshape and also developing new products.
- Product Design Engineer (Intern) at XENITH, LLC
- Design Engineer, Finite Element Analyst at ROTEX AUTOMATION LIMITED
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- Masters - Engineering Analysis
Worked closely with project engineering to define requirements for proposed design changes in all site product
lines (pneumatic valves, air turbine starters, space & marine)
• Managed design changes via Siemens Teamcenter PLM software and coordinated details with configuration management
• Developed creative design solutions for detail part and assembly problems ensuring manufacturability of parts and cost-effective designs
• Performed stack analyses in accordance with ANSI Y14.5 standards to ensure dimensional design changes of components remain compatible with top assemblies
- Product Design Engineer II at Honeywell Aerospace, Inc
- Project Engineer II at
- Product & Manufacturing Engineer I at Siemens Teamcenter
1 year at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
Technical Scope: Modal analysis, finite element structural analysis, thermal analysis, computational fluid dynamic analysis, risk analysis, failure analysis, statistical experimental design aka six sigma, Oversee the design and production of off-highway diesel exhaust cleaning systems and prototype development operations. Analyzed failure incident of prototypes and production products. Execute risk analysis and implement design changes. Perform design reviews of products, during different phases of production. Engage in modal, thermal, structural, and computation fluid dynamic analysis. Coordinate with the production team on successful delivery of design phase information. Key Achievements: * Developed protocol, using dimensional / Pi-theorem analysis, to estimate engine pressure pulsation forces using pre-existing engine data. Reducing the need for costly and specialized acoustic engine testing. * Discovered that a non-specified orientation of products in test fixtures, for random vibration Power Spectrum Density testing, has resulted in failures of components that had previously passed testing. A moment load, as a result of gravity and component weight, was not recognized, and has resulted in damage to welds and fasteners above the center of gravity of a component attached to the outer body. There have been at least four design changes in different product lines due to damage attributed to other root causes. One design change estimated to save $1.2 million, but the cause of failure was the testing method.
- Product Design Engineer - Contractor at Cummins Emission Solution
- Research Assistant at University of Wisconsin - Polymer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer Intern at Composites
- Mechanical Engineering Intern at JDR Engineering Inc
10 months at this Job
- Master of Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering