Positioned on the product design team to develop and implement new products for business work spaces.
• Worked Parallel with Lead engineer on systems project, to create an efficient design & manufacturable product
• Assisted in all phases of the product-development lifecycle, from conceptualizing new product ideas through sketching, creating models, developing engineering designs, prototyping, testing, supporting production and rolling out new and improved products.
• Spearheaded proper definition of plastic and metal molding of parts for assigned projects. ie. steel bending and aluminum extrusion capabilities
• Conducted modeling, simulation and analysis of structural components using CAD techniques, Creo Elements/Pro.
- PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER at Allsteel Inc
- SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST at HNI Corporation
- ENGINEER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM at HNI Corporation
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
December 2015-January 2016, May 2016-August 2016, December 2016-January 2017 (Reoccurring)
Full time, temporary
New Product Design Engineer Intern/Applications Technician
• Provided general assistance to the engineers
• Performed general design work.
• Lead designer on running board projects
• Wrote instruction sheets for running board, headache rack, bull bar, and grille guard mounts.
• Measured and scanned vehicles for design information
• Detailed drawings for bracket design
• Corrected and updated old designs
- New Product Design Engineer Intern/Applications Technician at Curt Manufacturing, LLC
- Shift Leader at Fired Up Pizza
- Cashier at Burger King
1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Environmental Engineering
Product Design analysis for subsea drilling sealing systems
● Project lead for different products within the Sealing Systems group; ◦ scheduling, designing, testing, and customer interface responsibilities
● Product testing utilizing pressure transducers, computer monitoring, & pressure vessels
● Product/part design, analysis, ECO initiation, and review; ◦ New opportunity proposals, based on customer interactions and specifications ◦ Legacy product maintenance of blueprints, processes, and internal specifications
- Product Design Engineer II at Parker Hannifin
- Eng; Intern, Sikorsky Aircraft at Mfg
- Machinist at T.G. Industries
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Technical Scope: CATIA Product & Tool Fixtures, AutoCAD, SAP, ECNs, SRP Player, and ISIRs
Utilized CATIA to design, model, and construct an assembly line for the new "Grant Silent System" sliding door. Oversaw product requirements and collaborated with vendors to streamline the assembly line design Generated engineering changes (ECNs) to new and existing designs to improve productivity. Devised an ISIR's (first piece inspection) process of newly outsourced parts. Modeled and designed a SRP Player program to fabricate prototypes in a milling machine.
Key Achievements: §
• Designed new packaging in CATIA for 3300 product line, using sheet metal design in CATIA V5, reducing the complexity of the production process by reducing volume and weight requirements. §
• Drafted AutoCAD drawings for custom's door hangers, created bills of materials, documentation, routed through SAP. §
• Created a program to test final product weight ensuring units were complete with no missing components by using Nice Label Software by automating the test and printing packaging label. §
• Facilitated manufacturing processes and production requirements in the assembly line while employing operator ergonomics and OSHA compliant production methods.
- Product Design Engineer at Hettich America, LP
- Mechanical Engineer at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- May 2019
• Worked with Purdue's C-Design Lab on Product Design for pet toy industry.
• Work involved product ideation, design thinking, voice of customer, product feasibility, design, prototyping and testing.
- Product Design Engineer at Purdue University
- NVH/CAE Intern at Faurecia Clean Mobility at
- Graduate Researcher at Ray.W.Herrick Laboratories
- FEA Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover R&D
1 month at this Job
- Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering&Management
- Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
• Worked in Product Development on John Deere heavy duty utility vehicles.
• Design responsibilities include engine components, exhaust, and powertrain mounting.
• Worked with the analysis team on modal analysis of powertrain components.
• Exposure to transmission and CVT design.
• Worked on various CI/VI cab component projects.
- Product Design Engineer at RFA Engineering
- Mechanical Design Engineer at Superior Diesel
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- Associate of Science
• Led new product ideas (medical devices) from concept to market for multi-year and multi-country product engineering projects: research, regulatory requirements gathering (FDA, 510k, CE mark, Canada markings, ISO 13485, CFR21 and others), risk management, rapid prototyping, testing per applicable standards (ISO, ANSI), pre-production runs and product packaging
• Led the design control of 15+ new or upgraded medical devices projects according to regulatory and standards requirements, including generation and maintenance of design and control documents knows as design history files
• Created, managed and maintained required Risk Management documents, including running Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and risk management reports on new and modified medical devices
• Designed and developed product testing protocols conforming to the required ISO and regulatory standards: Procedures and testing criteria, Design Validation protocols, Design verification protocols, testing schedules, tooling, sampling plans, data collection and analysis, documentation and reports
• Performed research on raw materials and mechanisms for new products in order to improve the performance of existing product
• Drafted and submitted Engineering Change orders for review and approval by upper management
• Worked on continuous improvement projects focusing on improving product quality, increasing production yields and reducing product costs including Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA's) and Kaizen projects resulting in the reduction of packaging materials and reduction of scrap averaging between 10% and 25%
• Collaborated on the development, review and implementation of components, devices and packaging drawings for medical devices
• Maintained open and effective communications with project teams and stakeholders
• Collaborated with mechanical engineers to resolve product development issues and with quality assurance to maintain a consistent testing design approach and effective results
• Generated, implemented and trained end users on new and modified product documentation prior to production transfer: Design drawings, component specifications, packaging specifications, testing procedures
- PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER at RETRACTABLE TECHNOLOGIES, INC
- VALIDATION ENGINEER at RETRACTABLE TECHNOLOGIES, INC
- VALIDATION SPECIALIST at RAYTHEON ENGINEERS AND CONSTRUCTORS
- VALIDATION SPECIALIST at GLOBAL INDUSTRY INTEGRATED SERVICES
15 years at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Responsibilities include prototyping and product design of sensor systems,
electromechanical devices, wireless robotics controllers, and robotic systems:
• Design and implementation of a dead reckoning system to augment a GPS utility line marking instrument, making the instrument useable in urban canyons and other areas where satellite signals are degraded. Electronics design and firmware implementation of sensor hardware suite. Filtering and combination of optical flow, rangefinder, gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer sensors to provide relative displacement input for GPS location correction. Use of mathematical and visualization tools for algorithm design and prototyping. Worked with manufacturing partner in design for manufacturing (DFM) and scaling process, along with implementation of manufacturing test procedures for a large national client.
• Implementation of automated image recognition systems. Created a custom Tensorflow graph and used other machine learning techniques for a convolutional neural network (CNN) based symbol recognition system on a Linux based GPU. Use of Movidius neural compute stick (NCS) hardware accelerator on Raspberry Pi to implement real time video object recognition for an automotive safety system prototype.
• Development of robotic controllers and interfaces. Under research grants for the Army and Navy Research labs, use of 3D modeling, printing, and PCB design CAD to generate functional prototypes for use in laboratory and field usability studies, obtaining several patents in this area in collaboration with internal and external partners.
• Led a team executing the electronic design and test procedures for an instrumented glove product for virtual reality and gesture recognition applications. Responsible for conducting design for manufacture (DFM) and manufacturing transfer process with manufacturing and internal partners. Developed quaternion based gesture recognition algorithms and hand pose models to demonstrate the hardware capabilities.
• Test and troubleshooting of computer hardware interface for children's learning system. Worked with the Chinese manufacturing team to track down a firmware bug, which had been keeping the product from final delivery to the US. Designed and documented final test procedures for the device. Design and implementation of a hardware test fixture for use in a final quality test.
• Devised, designed and implemented a cap color sensor for paint can color detection in a utility marking device. Working with our client and the manufacturing team to fix issues in a previous product design, we replaced the previous expensive and unreliable RFID cap color labeling system, working through challenges related to light variability at the color sampling location.
• Designed and prototyped a custom CMOS camera sensor system for automatic odometer reading in a corporate truck fleet.
- Senior Product Design Engineer at AnthroTronix Inc
- Technical Service Engineer at Dexter Electronic Materials
14 years, 1 month at this Job
- MS Mechanical Engineering - Graduate Automotive Technology
- B.A. - Physics
➢Design and validate diesel engine components
➢Co-ordinate Collaborative Process and Product development
➢ Lead project management to meet deadline
➢ Meet requirements collaborating customers, engineers and suppliers Tool: Pro/E, Windchill
- Product Design Engineer at Cummins Inc
- Design Engineer at Caterpillar
- Project Engineer at Braun Corporation
- Product Engineer at Caterpillar
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- MS - Mechanical Engineering
Use SolidWorks/PDM and Autodesk Moldflow, AutoCAD 2D systems for designing and managing 3D models for refrigeration material handling products (plastic & metal) and HVAC system for trucks by utilizing engineering principles.
• Perform FEA (Ansys) & Topology study for optimization of prototypes by researching materials.
• Modify (ECO) and create drawings with GD&T for production processes by following manufacturing guidelines.
• Construct prototypes (3D printing (SLA), Die-cast, Plastic injection molding, etc.) and confirm designs with related team members.
• Verification and validation of design and physical product; preparing and troubleshooting the testing facility.
• Product Application Expert for sales team, distribution vendors and customers in United States.
- New Product Design Engineer at NurturEnergy, Inc
- Mechanical Design Engineer at Battery Handling Systems, Inc
- Graduate Teaching Assistant (Thermodynamics) at Saint Louis University
- Research Assistant /Test Engineer at Fluid Dynamics of Human Cardiovascular System Simulator
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Aviation