Product Development Engineer – R&D – developing fiberglass pipes and fittings using various materials including Fiberglass, Resins, Epoxy, and various hardeners. Assign and oversee work of 2 technicians.
• Pressure Test pipe up to 10k psi
• Plot data and compare to past data. Tweak designs to meet expected performance. Machine design and retrofit using Solidworks includes: ~ Tape Slitter – custom cutting machine with adjustable blades to handle various widths of tape ~ Oven: Frame, Heating elements, Blower (Fan & Motor), PID Controller, Insulation ~ Rotating Rollers: System to smooth out surface of pipe. Large bearings and rotary seals, custom rotary air union, belts, pulleys, motor, linkages, temperature control.
- Product Development Engineer at National Oilwell Varco
- Associate Engineer - Post Grad (Intern) at SpaceX
- Engineering Intern at Woodward
- Engine Cooling Group Leader at CU Denver Formula SAE
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Working in the R&D department as a New Product Development Engineer, my duties
• Design, model, and test prototypes for products.
• Conduct research and create design proposals for projects.
• Establish design briefs.
• Create concepts, performance, and production criteria.
• Identify and select materials needed for production.
• Produce final hand drawings and specifications.
• Create parts lists.
• List costs involved in production.
• Make samples of working models for demonstration.
• Negotiate appropriate production processes.
• Travel to production facilities to evaluate processes.
• Improve usability of an item.
• Use computer-aided design (CAD) to design concepts.
- New Product Development Engineer at Kirk Key Interlock
- Production Supervisor at Kirk Key Interlock
- CNC Machinist/Programmer at Kirk Key Interlock
- Production Supervisor at V&S Schuler Engineering
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science - Applied Science/Design Engineering
- Certificate - Advanced CAD
Product Development Engineer II
• Performed structural analysis on new height adjustable table product launch, per BIFMA and UL specifications
• Created and executed test plan for ergonomic work tools; coordinated with new supplier to implement changes
• Organized a “7 Ways” design event for a new steel storage tower; managed one design from concept to prototype; conducted cost analysis of this design compared to three other designs to determine best total cost
• Supported the distribution center’s second shift during the launch of a new ERP system (Oracle); led LEAN events to implement poka yokes, 6S, standard work, and member feedback stations
• Conducted complexity review for New York based Gunlocke product line that was to be manufactured in Iowa; provided design support to use common parts and alter designs to optimize equipment
• Created tool that imported 3 years of worksurface sales data and sorted it into relevant categories to analyze trends; collaborated with Product Portfolio Managers to establish a new market strategy; provided design optimization support to manufacturing as they wrote a $15 million EA to modify the production line
• Standardized worksurface boring to optimize routers and gain 14% increase in production capacity
• Optimized designs of worksurfaces to be compliant with the production activities at facilities in Iowa, New York, Georgia, and outsourced suppliers, reducing standard blank sizes by 50%
• Received training in Creo Finite Element Analysis, Top-Down Design, Drawings, Negotiations, and Economic Profit Engineer, Early Career Development Program
• Received one month of Rapid Continuous Improvement training, including one week of “genba” in production
• Optimized the automatic retrieval system layout for laminate boards to reduce inventory space
• Compiled and executed BIFMA certification plan for entry-level value proposition task chair arms
• Coordinated the first factory build of a new seating product; coordinated with suppliers to ensure quality parts arrived on time, held daily team meetings in the week leading up to the event
• Supported supplier development and created forecasting tool for the Global Supply Chain and Logistics group to determine when to order long lead-time parts, based on trends, volumes, regional holidays, and safety stock
• Led 3 Rapid Continuous Improvement events to ensure all replacement part packout cells were compliant with the ISTA 6A packaging test standard for FedEx; trained other leaders to follow this process to collectively address 7 manufacturing facilities Product Development Engineering Intern, Core Product (Summer 2015)
• Designed new method to eliminate light shining through office panels, replacing current method and saving $2 million per year in material and labor
• Created singular zinc die cast part with breakaway tabs so it could be used in 4 different configurations, thus eliminating the need for 3 additional parts
- Product Development Engineer at HNI Corporation
- Design Engineering Intern at CAPITAL SAFETY
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering
- Study Abroad Experience - Engineering
Leading manufacturer of high quality absorbent hygiene products in North America Delaware, OH Jan 2011 - Present
Product Development Engineer II
• Analyzed market trends, competitive landscape and developed new go-to-market and grow-in-market strategies for long term sustainable growth,
• Led cross functional teams that directly influence the success of the business including executive management, sales, R&D, process, engineering, supply chain, and external vendors/agencies,
• Spearheaded Product portfolio and innovations refreshes lead to winning two new retail customer accounts worth total $30MM and 30% increased business at major North American retail account,
• Developed process improvement and equipment modifications to handle new material innovations. Project led to 43% decrease in downtime and waste and cost savings of $2MM across all lines,
• Directly managed major retail customer account worth 22MM. Managed internal and retail customer cross functional team,
• Author of several invention disclosures and two pending patent applications. Material development and innovations lead to winning new retail customer account with 15MM,
• Came up with many cost savings ideas and finished cost savings projects with annualized cost savings of $30MM.
- Product Development Engineer II at Domtar Personal Care
- Graduate Research Assistant at Techmer PM
- Intern at Proctor & Gamble
- Graduate Research Assistant at Sunoco Chemicals
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Masters - Material Science & Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology - Textile Technology
• Currently working as an On- going Product Development Engineer for cross product lines and NSPR coordinator in RbA
• Leading Green Belt projects for RbA all product line to improve product performance and shipping damage.
• Managed all phases of product development, from conceptualization through first article production for Double Hung packaging components while improving the product performance along with material cost savings, labor cost saving, safety, ergo and quality improvement
• Investigated and validated appropriate vision system solution for the silicone bead application process to prevent product performance failure due to insufficient / imperfect glazing and implemented the quality inspection tool
• Improved product performance by analyzing hotmelt temperature, shot size and rail depth by using FEA to simulate the hotmelt flow, DOE to design the experiment and product performance tests (Testwall, pan test, accelerated weathering, corner cleave test)
• Facilitated product certification tests for various projects
• Conducting research and create design proposals for projects
• Handling testing of prototypes and products to validate performance of designs.
• Risk Analysis, Verification and Validation activities, Project Planning, and Design Change documentation (PLM)
• Stay abreast of latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are cost effective.
• Managing cross-functional assignments and projects.
• Engaging team mates from quality, manufacturing, production, operation, supply chain, information technology, marketing department with my project works to create highly effective team.
• Setting challenging goals and learning new tools to achieve the results efficiently and accurately
- On-going Product Development Engineer at RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN
- Mechanical Process Engineer at BIC APP
- Adjunct Faculty & Teaching Assistant at NEVADA STATE COLLEGE
- at MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics & Statistics - Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics & Statistics
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Relevant
Worked as a Product development engineer in the floating solar department where I designed and developed a support system for the solar panels to be supported on water. Material research, experimentation, data analysis, designing, prototyping, vendor selection, and building cost estimation models were some of the verticals I worked on during the process. I was also involved in designing LED lights for a certain period of time.
- Product Development Engineer at Enfrien Innovations Pvt Ltd
9 months at this Job
- Master's - Design and Technology
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering
Project Management and Design Responsibility for development projects o Fiber Optic Products, Copper Products, Power Products, Connectors, Chassis, Enclosure, Cable Assemblies, Electronic Products Product Specification and Design Requirement Development Product Design, taking into account : tooling, assembly methods, cost, quality, customer requirements, industry specifications, and DFX Review Lead Product Line Engineer Including Factory and Field Support Product and Project Lead for development team Design and Guide products from concept to customer approval Prototyping, Design Verification, Documentation and Factory Implementation Product Design to Industry Standards and Specifications Design and Implementation of cost reducing initiatives Customer Interface and Design for OEM product development Test Method and Procedure Development (DOE), Both Standard Based and Proprietary Test Equipment and Fixture Design, Both Standard Based and Proprietary Engineering Analysis of Products or Customer initiated investigations and Competitor Analysis Managed large scale company projects, critical to significant corporate revenue and company Good Will Sub-Contract Manufacturer Support and Interface, Foreign and Domestic Component Engineer Environmental Compliance Support Cost Estimating, Cost Variance Analysis Professional Competencies and Accomplishments 30+ Granted Patents and Pending Patents Managed project which avoided product line shut down when a large supplier faced bankruptcy, avoiding major loss of revenue Designed method and equipment for product “In Network, In Service” repair, avoiding significant cost, and loss of “Good Will” Created one of ADC’s most successful and profitable product lines. Tests and Equipment Developed used for both Witness and 17025 Certification
- Product Development Engineer at CommScope / TE / ADC Telecommunications
- Product Engineer / Quality at Enercon Data
31 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Engineering
• Manage about 100-200 Projects working closely with Market Development Engineer's, Product Manager, Customer Service, Sales Reps, Technology Department, Engineering and Production to exceed customer expectations
• Build BOM's and Product Control Plans in compliance with IATF 16949 Quality System
• Enter raw material and miscellaneous requisitions, coordinate sample shipments, and scheduling sample lines
• Adjust formulations to meet customer specifications for hardness, melt, rheology, and density.
• Entry-level TPE formulator
• Responsive 24/7 for production assistance
- Product Development Engineer - TPE at Audia Elastomers, LaFayette, GA
- Product Development Coordinator/Process Engineer - TPE at Audia Plastics
- Engineering Polymer Solutions R&D Lab Operations Leader at INVISTA
- Engineering Polymer Solutions R&D Lab Associate at INVISTA
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biomedical Science
- Associate of Science degree
• Design engineer responsible for project management, ideation, mechanical design and modeling, documentation, verification/validation testing, supplier management, quality engineering, regulatory compliance, and continuation engineering of high volume consumer kitchen appliances.
• Worked closely with industrial design department throughout the development process to maintain the vision of a product within the constraints of cost and manufacturing capabilities.
• Developed and implemented innovative design ideas to save money, improve product quality, and offer more features in order to differentiate our products from our competitors.
• Performed verification/ validation testing and failure analysis to proactively determine failure modes and determine the root cause of quality complaints.
• Worked closely with Chinese manufacturers though a partnership with an overseas export/service company.
• Designed products for sale in national department stores including Kohl's, Walmart, and Target.
• Designed products to comply with UL/CSA regulations. Familiar with FDA, CE, RoHS etc.
- Product Development Engineer at National Presto Industries
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer at Arizant Healthcare Inc
- Manufacturing Engineer at TRW Automotive Electronics
- Process Engineering Technician at K-Byte Hibbing Manufacturing
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial and Management Engineering
• Invented the Press and Mark accessories mounting system and managed the innovation into production.
• Launched SKU's for 2 new profitable adjacent categories
• Actively participated in the innovation culture leading to a 3 new innovation projects to launch in 2017
• Provided direction and guidance to Asia-based engineers working on multiple aspects of my projects Project Manager - Accessories Business unit
• Developed and managed multiple new product development projects for both wholesale and retail in the US, Latin America and Canadian Markets ◦ Successfully launched product line to support exclusive Lowes end cap contributing to the sales growth goal. ◦ Converted the entire retail product line packaging to updated Moen Brand standards on time and under budget. ◦ Designed and Led the innovation tension curved shower rod in retail and wholesale for 1.6 million in sales growth ◦ Managed the majority of the successful project launches for the Business Unit
• Led multiple cross functional project teams through the new product development tollgate process
• Presented project status during bi-weekly Director level NPD updates and Stage Gate reviews
• Traveled both domestically and internationally to complete projects- China, Taiwan Sr. Project Engineer - Modular Engineering
• Earned company's President's Award by developing new cost competitive brass forging supplier
• Converted Pullout Kitchen Faucet mounting components from brass to aluminum for a yearly savings of $0.5 million.
• Created and submitted Capital Expenditure Requests, then managed approved capitol and expense budgets
• Utilized SAP to create and develop new projects critical for achieving departmental cost savings goals
• Developed, Presented, and actively participated in the Engineering Design Review process Sr. Product Development Engineer - Wholesale Business Unit
• Lead Engineer for the "No Lead" conversion of the Pullout and Pull down Kitchen faucets. Converted 12 SKU families to Duralast 1 Handle cartridge and a composite valve body. Consolidated 3 architectures to 1.
- Senior Product Development Engineer - US Retail at Moen Inc
- Lead Project Engineer at MTD Inc
- Sr. Development Engineer at Moen Inc
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Course work specialized