Production Control Scheduler, Industrial Engineer Technician,
December 2000 - Present Current Responsibilities as Production Control Manager:
• Inventory Management- develop and maintain inventory flow processes; verify identification, quantity, and quality of products; direct and perform cycle counts.
• Outsourcing Management - Developed and maintain processes for outsourcing; developed positive successful relationships with new vendors.
• Management of Production Schedule - Work with Project Administrators, Sales and Planning Manager, and Operations Manager to keep the production schedule near optimum capacity with the considerations of product mix, order sizes, order requirements, ship dates, and facility financial obligation of a $104 Million dollar facility.
• Financial Projection Management - Maintain and adjust future revenue projections based on production realities and upcoming orders.
• I.E. Department Management - Guide and oversee the I.E. Department; develop and oversee routing procedures, CNC programming, order release processes, and adjustments required by engineering changes.
• Divisional Best Practice leader for Production Control and scheduling for 7 years - Established and implemented Production Control Management best practices throughout 9 manufacturing sites where total sales exceeded $800 million in 2016 Prior Responsibilities
• Inventory Management of Structure Sections - Receive and inventory completed sections from production prior to shipping; verify identification, quantity, and quality.
• Route New Orders - Item master creation, bill of material creation, standard hours routing creation
• Create and Distribute CNC Programs - create programs by blueprint specifications and verify accuracy, distribute programs for use by CNC operators.
• Dispatching - Internal logistics of component parts for production; determine and communicate production needs to production managers; maintain list of stages of production for needed parts.
• Supervised Large Pole Shipping; Developed and maintained shipping processes from at a Greenfield plant; communicated shipping needs and expectations to managers and carriers.
- Production Control Manager at Valmont Industries
18 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration-Business Management
- Associate of Science
Duties as a Production Control Manager at NHK include; managing scheduling of production, manage raw materials, manage incoming orders via EDI, inventory control, support new product launch, manage Logistics and Receiving, coach and train staff, ensure customer demand is met, control overtime and manpower, oversee budget and reports, time keeping in ADP, promote safety, and manage rental equipment and leases.
- Production Control Manager - Automotive MFG at NHK Spring Precision
- Production Control Manager - Automotive MFG at Plastikon
- Account Manager/Supervisor - Automotive MFG at Faurecia
- Account Manager/Sales - Printing MFG at Exopack LLC
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Leadership
- - Insurance
Management and talent development of an 8-10-person team
● Annual advisement on capacity planning and scalability to corporate leadership
● Oversee collaboration between Sales and Demand Planning to define and execute monthly shipping goals
● Subject Matter Expert for QMOS Manufacturing Execution System
● Led implementation team for I2 Factory Planner scheduling software
● Management of downstream steel processing vendor partners
● Schedule and coordination main steel production schedule to include grade and size alignment to achieve maximum yield and minimal transitions
- Production Control Manager at Production Control Department
- Small Business Owner / Operator at Entrepreneurship
- Production Control Supervisor at Gerdau Special Steel
- Production Control Scheduler at Gerdau Special Steel
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Applied Business Coursework
Richard Branson's manufacturing division (The Spaceship Company) creating commercial spaceflight for consumers. (2018 - Present) - Sr. Production Control Manager: Oversee 8 planners and 2 expeditors, plus 3 carbon material kitting team members for our current flying spaceship Unity and the manufacture of 2 more spaceships due 2019 and 2020.
• Improved on time delivery of component parts to assembly by 5%
• Worked with the program department and the build managers to solidify the exact build sequence and need dates for component metal and composite parts
• Created a "pull-system" to improve the visibility of parts in work and the anticipated completion date versus the need date for assembly
• Improved the Production Control department communication within the PC team and to other departments of the status and expected delivery of parts to the assembly team
- Sr. Production Control Manager at Virgin Galactic
- Production Control Manager at Forrest Machining Inc.
- Northrop F-35 Program Manager at Forrest Machining Inc.
- Program Manager at Aerospace Dynamics International
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- B.S - Accounting
Manage Production Control Department. Supervises, establishes, and coordinates the production schedules in a manufacturing environment. Ensures the flow of materials, for assemblies between departments and plants. Releases and control deliveries to our plant in Romania. Coordinate and establish the scheduled dates to assure material is purchased and delivered before production scheduled need date. Manage employees in the Production Control Department as well as the warehouse, which includes Traffic manager, Building Maintains Shipping/Rec. Department, and Assembly.
• Work with Purchasing to ensure timely deliveries of materials both in the states and Romania
• Create schedules out of project to ensure on time production and delivery
• Train and manage an inventory team, manage daily physical cycle counts
• Process Warranty orders for Engineering to keep customers presses running
• Create monthly cost reports from material purchased from both the US and Europe.
• Member of the Safety Committee Team
- Production Control Manager at McNeil & NRM
- Production Scheduler at Babcock and Wilcox
- Warehouse Manager at Rexel USA
- Operations Manager at Rexel USA
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Management
• At beginning of role, managed Production Control Department over 3 shifts in a 24 hour, often 7-day per week operation, 1 manager, 3 supervisors, and 37 hourly employees.
• Reduced overall headcount in department to 3 supervisors, 4 leads, and 26 hourly employees by taking the following measures:
• Restructured department, adding additional leadership hierarchies and delegating responsibilities.
• Incorporated department responsibilities into supervisor roles.
• Streamlined processes and automated processes by enlisting the assistance of business analysts (in house and outsourced).
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, and managing workload for the facility, as well as coordinating workload transfers with various facilities.
• Responsible for work flow and successful order processing as determined by contractual metrics.
• Order count for 2018: 3.3 million (increase of 29% since 2016).
• Unit count for 2018: 204 million.
• SKU count for 2018: 32,000.
• Responsible for successful onboarding of 2 new customers in process flows.
• Responsible for determining product transfer needs with other facilities and working with upper management in other facilities to expedite transfers.
• Worked with IT and business analysts to convert the labor database for ordering temps into a web-based program that communicates with the systems of the temporary staffing agencies.
• Facilitate daily forecasting of CPU to plan daily labor (direct and indirect) with the management team.
• Responsible for reporting facility performance to external customer Service Level Agreements.
- Senior Production Control Manager at Technicolor Home Entertainment Services, Inc
- Production Control Manager at
- Senior Supervisor at
- Quality Assurance Supervisor at UPS
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS degree - Finance, Economics
- AA degree - Business Administration
* Direct report to the Manufacturing Operations Manager. * Managed backlog scheduling for customer demand and company revenue. * Initiated, scheduled and tracked work in process (WIP) assembly jobs and screening jobs via MRP system, on average 250 open production jobs that required lot trace ability, date code assignment and device serialization where applicable from inception to completion encompassing various quality levels within a specified production window. * Initiated, scheduled and maintained quality conformance inspection sub groups via Excel spreadsheets by slash sheets. * Maintained "die" critical inventory levels by analysis of data, and requisitioned same. * Quoted lead times daily to sales department for RFQ's. * Processed all domestic shipments, reporting when applicable to Exostar Supply Chain Management web site for Boeing, Lockheed and Raytheon. * Processed all international shipments generating export documentation in compliance with export control requirements utilizing ACE Homeland Security web site for ITN # and Visual Compliance web site for restricted and denied party screening. * Coordinated daily with department heads to review backlog demand and lead times. * Generated and maintained weekly production reports to communicate product status of backlog and revenue. * Controlled raw materials and finished goods inventories based on forecasts and history. * Supervised purchasing, receiving and shipping personnel. * Developed procedures for Production Control processes, adhering to quality policy and practices. * Established retention report for the Defense Supply Center Columbus/DLA and instructed Quality Department on how to maintain. * Provided direction and training on DLA Mil-PRF-19500 to company personnel. * Reviewed Contract review of customer orders and quality requirements.
- Production Control Manager at VPT Components
- Quality Department Conformance Inspection Hi-Reliability Supervisor at Microsemi
- Statistical Process Control Administrator at Microsemi
- Quality Department Customer Source Inspector Coordinator at Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed
10 years at this Job
- Associate - BUSINESS
Leading innovative manufacturer of airport boarding equipment, auxiliary cooling units, and power systems. Production Control Manager
Effectively managed a team of 50 employees within a union environment and achieved positive deliverables.
Responsible for value stream oversight including materials, production, manufacturing engineering, and shipping.
Responsible for plant capacity planning and schedule adjustments; increasing on-time delivery from 64% to 92%
• Reduced labor requirements by 29% yielding an 8% reduction in overtime using level loaded scheduling and subordinating all processes to a plant Takt Time
• Increased productivity by 9% yielding a savings of $750,000 employing lean flow analysis tools
• Developed initial PFEP (Plan for Every Part) system to increase inventory turns and reduce shortages
• Act as member of the Executive Lean Leadership Committee who developed the SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost) team boards, kaizen program, and pertinent metrics assisting in real time adjustments and action plans
• Directed manufacturing engineering team to improve BOM structure, material handling systems, process balance across the plant, visual factory practices, and ergonomics
- Production Control Manager at JBT AEROTECH
- Global Supply Chain Leader- Tool Control at AUTOLIV
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Supply Chain Management
- Graduate Certificate - Contracts Management
• Responsible of tracking and receiving and issuing of gear from ALSS (Aviation Life Support Systems).
• Evaluated production deadlines and made necessary adjustments to accommodate for inventory levels, personnel availability and changing mission needs.
• Informed higher ups regarding production delays and potential solutions.
• Manage contact and fulfillment of gear requirements to maintain mission readiness for our troops in the middle east.
• Diligently reviewed maintains records for errors or expiration.
• Daily use of NALCOMIS and OOMA NALCOMIS.
• Managed 4 Marines within Production control.
• Coordinating with mangers of 4 other shops in MOS to maintain mission readiness for base and middle east.
- Production Control Manager at United States Marine Corps
- Flight Equipment Technician at United States Marine Corps MAG-12
- Technical Directive Assistant at United States Marine Corps MAG-12
- Secretary at Puget Sound International
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- BBA in Finance - Finance
• Responsible for planning and scheduling production; to include material, labor and equipment as needed to produce and deliver high quality beverage packaging. Plant 70 is one of the largest carton plants in the industry, producing over 1 billion folding cartons per year for the beverage market. Specific duties include: ◦ Production planning and scheduling for 6 presses and up to 15 gluers ◦ Managing inventory flow throughout the manufacturing process; from raw materials to finished product ◦ Shipping, receiving and warehouse management ◦ Direct responsibility for department consisting of 3 salaried reports and approximately 60 hourly employees ◦ Interact with customer service and sales regarding incoming orders ◦ Provide leadership and direction to production management and employees to continuously improve quality, reduce waste, and increase throughput ◦ Insure production schedule meets customer shipment requirements ◦ Coordinate and collaborate with all departments of the plant in establishing and carrying out responsibilities ◦ Maintain corporate goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity ◦ Manage employees by establishing performance goals, allocating resources, and accessing performance ◦ Provide leadership directed at continuous improvement, LEAN processes and process change ◦ Assist and support plant manager as needed in all aspects of plant management ◦ Drive overall plant performance and compliance with standards
- Production Control Manager at Graphic Packaging International, Inc
- Supervisor, Production at Graphic Packaging International, Inc
- Shift Supervisor at Graphic Packaging International, Inc
- Manager, Strategy and Planning at Gulf States Paper Corporation
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications