• Began as Copy Editor for The Day USA, a daily news service for high schools.
• Responsibilities included copyediting, fact-checking, and publishing daily news items, features, and daily subscriber newsletter in the United States; writing and editing daily social media content (Twitter, Facebook); and managing freelance translators.
• Promoted to Production Editor in April 2018. New role includes managing copyediting and publishing for the company’s U.S. and U.K. websites; editing, copyediting, line editing, fact-checking, and publishing daily content; writing, editing, and distributing the daily subscriber email; managing multiple freelancers; and maintaining the in-house style guides for both the U.K. and U.S. publications.
• Copyediting, fact-checking, and publishing weekly content, and creating the weekly subscriber email for The Day Explorer and The Day USA Explorer, a weekly news service for elementary schools.
• Maintaining quality and style consistency across all websites in accordance with AP Stylebook and The Telegraph’s Style Guide.
- Production Editor at The Day News & Media
- Communications Manager at Tattly
- Instructor (Architecture) at Victoria University of Wellington
- Graphic Designer (Freelance) at Freelance
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Architecture - Architecture (Hons)
Production Editor for all age groups of Explore the Bible: Kids. Regularly work with writers, flow and style content in InCopy, connect with designer, edit content, and collaborate with other editors. Responsible for grammatical edits, following style guides, cross-referencing details, and ensuring that biblical references are accurate. Additionally, ideate new content and products, write articles for blogs and LifeWay store giveaways, and record voice and input text for the Explore the Bible: Kids app.
- Production Editor at LifeWay Christian Resources
- Kids Publishing Intern / Contract Worker at LifeWay Christian Resources
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
• Edited an AP review book, ASAP World History, for grammatical clarity, tone, flow of ideas, and formatting.
• Provided freelance copy editing services and worked in-tandem with the on-staff Editor and the Director of Production.
- Production Editor at The Princeton Review
- Intern Writer at Study Breaks Magazine
- Retail Worker at Womrath Bookshop
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Creative Writing
Production editor for STEM journals with production management responsibilities. Duties include:
• Peer review management: monitor, track, traffic and troubleshoot manuscripts and associated materials, and coordinate with editors, peer reviewers and customer contacts to ensure smooth flow through the peer review process. Track and manage permissions and medical illustration process.
• Issue management: Contact author/editorial office for missing elements or substandard materials, review copyediting by freelancers, occasional in-house copyediting per specific journal style. Resolve editing and art queries with author and editor. Track materials at article and issue stages with Production Assistant support as needed. Maintain pertinent internal and customer databases. Check offshore partners' products for compliance with journal style and specifications. Review article and issue revisions. Review/QC image, cover and ad proofs as required.
• Correspond with authors, customer, offshore partner, manufacturer, and online provider(s), regarding schedules, special instructions and job status. Verify final files and complete issue release processes for print and online products. Maintain procedural documentation, and contribute to ongoing workflow refinements. Provide production support to account team lead.
- Production Editor at Sheridan Journal Services
- Permissions Coordinator at Elsevier
- Editorial Assistant at Dovetail Content Solutions
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- AB - ancient Greek language and literature
Recruited to establish new segment of US Content Operations (ConOps) division and execute workflow restructure for production of bound
book/e-book/online products. Managed relationships with key stakeholders and served as first point of contact during production.
Implemented new, standardized processes and procedures adopted by our global academic business partners across editorial, design,
marketing and sales, and manufacturing departments.
• Promoted to Senior Production Editor in 2016.
• Nominated as Editor-in-Chief by Head of US ConOps to produce and edit newsletter for global academic business associates.
• Recruited as US Project Management ambassador to UK Oxford office; successfully analyzed opportunities for process alignment and increased global efficiency.
• Increased bottom line revenue and exceeded distribution goals year-on-year through aggressive resource management and 50% reduction in production schedules.
• Trained and guided Project Managers at partnering suppliers in liaising with key stakeholders and contributors.
• Prioritized and oversaw multimillion dollar content pipeline consisting of several hundred projects per year with varying deadlines, budgets, and levels of complexity.
- Senior Production Editor - Supplier Management at OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Production Editor at Oxford University Press
- Production Coordinator at Oxford University Press
- Group Sales Associate at MCMAHON GROUP
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism - Advertising
• Served as publisher's remote production editor on up to thirty full-service projects at any given time
• Reviewed new manuscript (Word) files for potential problems and provided full-service vendor (FSV) with detailed copyediting and design instructions
• Reviewed copyediting samples from the FSV and provided them with detailed feedback
• Reviewed design samples from the FSV and provided them with detailed feedback
• Reviewed sizing and quality of images from photo researchers
• Performed line-by-line quality reviews of first- and second-pass PDFs, using Acrobat editing tools
• Provided supervisor with detailed assessment of FSV performance for all projects
• In an effort to address what we considered excessive charges for FSV indexing, I was put in charge of hiring a stable of freelance indexers who would index our multivolume reference books and encyclopedias at a much lower rate. The program saved us tens of thousands of dollars each year.
- Senior Production Editor at ABC-CLIO, LLC
- Production Manager at Greenwood Publishing Group
- Production Supervisor at Greenwood Publishing Group
- Production Editor at Greenwood Publishing Group
11 years at this Job
- B.A. - English Literature
-Responsible for all final proofreading, copy-editing and -fitting, and other quality control procedures on every edit print page; sign off on all pages during shipping. -Coordinate and administer magazine editorial process: traffic and track layouts; create and administer weekly story lineups; set daily priorities for edit staff; plan and often administer editorial/production meetings. Create and update issue mockups/maps while collaborating with creative director, editor-in-chief and advertising department. -Oversee online production of magazine print stories; produce/publish pieces in CMS; write SEO-friendly heds and other display text; update text per news; build digital version of magazine in CMS. -Write magazine's front-of-book In Focus section (named by me). -Write magazine's TOC. -Copyedit online stories in CMS. Input magazine copy-editing corrections using InCopy. -Music journalist. Interviews include Queen's Brian May, guitarist John McLaughlin, Metallica members, Yes members, Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson, Dead & Company's Mickey Hart, KISS's Gene Simmons. Author page: https://www.newsweek.com/authors/jeff-perlah. Many of my online stories hit No. 1 on Chartbeat. -Parts of my story on the late Keith Emerson of ELP was featured in New York Times feature obituary on Greg Lake. * Hired by Newsweek while at sister site International Business Times and while freelancing for Newsweek (was a freelance copy editor with Newsweek since 2005).
- Production Editor at Newsweek.com
- News Editor at International Business Times
- Freelance Writer at Bookweb.org
- Copy Chief at Brant Publications
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- MA in English - English
- BA in English - STYLE MANUAL KNOWLEDGE
Performs superior customer service and production management. Provides direction to Production Assistants and support for the account team. ♦ Track materials (mansucripts, art, ads, etc) at article and issue stages. ♦ Check offshore vendor's products for compliance with journal style and specifications. ♦ Correspond with authors, customer, offshore vendor, manufacturer, online provider(s), etc, regarding schedules, special instructions and job status. ♦ Assist in training new staff.
- Production Editor at The Sheridan Group
- Account Manager at Cenveo Publisher Services
- Team Leader at Cenveo Publisher Services
- Recreation Instructor at Henrico County Parks and Recreation
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
• Focus on management of Social Media, Digital Design, and Video Production of Newsgeek, a division of Newsweek Digital LLC
• Create daily content that is featured in social media, articles, and videos while scheduling timely status updates
• Edit video content and offers feedback to writers
• Download, edit, resize images and videos for daily news stories
• Edit production of original/re-purposed graphics and create content for the web
• Creation of photo illustrations
• Collaborate with digital, print creative and editorial staff to implement the above
• Manage company day-to-day social media content and video for all social platforms
• Provide real-time platform coverage during live events and programming
• Monitor activity and social chatter for potential news leads for broader editorial team
• Remain informed and familiar with social/digital content trends
• On Camera Host for Interviews and Demonstrations
• Produce unboxing videos of popular electronics and toys relating to Pop-Culture properties
- Production Editor at Newsweek
- Graphic Designer at IBT Media
- Retail Sales & Shipment Supervisor at Hard Rock Cafe, Global Family Restaurant & Retail
- Ticket Agent at IMPROV Comedy Club, Stand-Up Comedy Club & Restaurant
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Associates - Technology
- Associates - Graphic Arts and Design
• Responsible for editing and proofreading crossword and word seek puzzles.
• Adheres to strict production schedules and deadlines.
• Reviews each word seek blurb or crossword clue for factual accuracy.
• Trains fellow team members on new to them procedures.
- Production Editor at Penny Publications, LLC
- Freelance Junior Copywriter at The Taunton Press
- Cashier at Deep's Hardware
- Part-time Receptionist at The Taunton Press
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History