Job Summary: Responsible for directing and coordinating production staff across shifts to ensure production schedules and quality standards are met for assigned departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Manages production personnel across shifts to ensure that orders are produced in a timely fashion and adhere to quality standards in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
· Trains and provides support to new and existing employees to ensure complete understanding of roles and responsibilities.
· Works cooperatively with other departments to obtain and provide detailed and accurate information when needed.
· Work with maintenance to schedule any non-emergency repairs that may be needed to equipment, machinery and facility systems.
· Develop contingency production plans when unplanned equipment downtime is experienced so as to limit the impact to ACH customers.
· Participates in employment decisions such as performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and the hiring and termination of production personnel.
· May perform various functions in an ERP system including creating jobs, printing job travelers, issuing materials, and reporting quantities.
· May develop a schedule for production equipment and personnel as well as layout orders to maximize yield and reduce scrap.
· May be required to set goals and objectives relative to plant metrics such as LF/HR, Blocks/HR, and scrap rates.
· Follows and enforces all Quality and Safety procedures as established by ACH.
· Keep any other documentation as required by our Quality and Safety programs.
· Maintain the ability to drive for business purposes, including annual satisfactory DMV report, proof of insurance, valid driver license, and signature of statement related to notification to company of any changes related to driver record and insurance coverage
· Must help drive the culture for Best in Class Safety
· Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
· Manages direct reports.
· Interviews candidates for production positions.
· Conducts corrective action, disciplinary and performance appraisal meetings.
· Responsible for managing staffing levels such as approving time cards and time off requests.
· Does not have the authority to hire or fire but is expected to make recommendations
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Prior experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment required.
· Prior supervisory experience preferred.
· May be required to possess a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record report and insurance coverage appropriate to enable legal and safe driving of vehicle(s) for company related business.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be fluent in the English language, both written and spoken.
· Must be able to use simple math and use basic hand held measuring tools.
· Effective communication skills are required.
· Must be able to learn and understand the manufacturing processes, quality standards, equipment operations, safety requirements, and departmental procedures necessary to lead and troubleshoot assigned production areas.
· Must be computer literate; Excel, Word, Outlook, ERP systems.
· General Safety.
· Quality System Awareness.
· Additional training may be required as recommended by GM.
· Light to moderate physical effort required including sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, climbing steps or ladders, grasping, fine and course manipulation, reaching both forward and above head level, and tolerant of temperature changes for the entire shift.
· Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
· Must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 50 pounds.