Temporary Professional Accountant in various organizations including Engineering, Service and Property Management Accounting Specialist Accountant
• Utilized the AP Client Approver to process daily invoices.
• Worked closely with management to create process and procedure manuals for all accounting practices
• Worked with management closely on year end projects such as preparing depreciation and tax documentation for all properties
• Audited and entered data from American Express spreadsheet into SAP Concur weekly
• Ran reports to create, edit and submit 1099 corrections in Microsoft Dynamic - GP and 1099 Fire Systems software
• Matched shipment receipts to purchase orders and vendor invoices
• Reconciled all payments made and received from bank statement daily
• Identified, investigated, and followed up on any billing discrepancies
• Matched payments made to invoices entered in E2 Shop Systems database
• Within two weeks was able to get all outstanding Accounts Payable matched to prior payments, caught up in the system, and organized within an efficient filing system.
Temporary Professional Accountant in various organizations including Engineering, Service and Property Management
- Temporary Professional Accountant at Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Salaried Consultant at Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Staff Accountant at Humacare
4 years at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Accounting
- Professional Accountant at Thorn, Lewis & Duncan Inc
- Winter Internship at
- Assistant Store Manager at Finish Line Inc
- 3RD Shift Supervisor at Flow Dry Technology Inc
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Responsible for the posting of audit adjustments.
• Manage refund offsets and posting/reversal of audit adjustments.
• Remove dunning and interest locks.
• Matched hard copy accounting documents to automated system transmittals.
• Ensured compliance with accounting deadlines.
• Responsible for the calculations of interest amounts for Demand Notices.
• Educate taxpayers on issues caused by refund offsets.
- Professional Accountant at Department of Revenue
- Tax Specialist I at Department of Revenue
- Revenue Specialist II at Department of Revenue
- EDP Technician at Department of Revenue
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- MBA - Accounting
- BA - Accounting
• Performs complex reconciliations of agency account balances to statewide accounting records.
• Researches accounting standards and Florida Statutes to ensure that the department transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Florida Statutes.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the department's fuel bill, settlement agreements, monthly and quarterly lease payments and FLEET charges.
• Assists with processing P-Cards as needed.
• Prepares special reports that enable the department to more efficiently manage appropriations and project expenditures.
• Audits and prepares journal vouchers for payment of department invoices.
• Processes all payments with correct journal transaction date in order to assure compliance with Section 215.422, Florida Statutes - Prompt Payment Law.
• Records into FLAIR encumbrances of office and field purchase orders and reconciles office and field purchase orders monthly.
• Processes correct journal entries for expense vouchers returned by the Chief Financial Off department accounting records.
- Professional Accountant at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Auditor at
- Tourism Information Counselor at PA Department of Transportation
- Assistant Manager at Omega Transportation INC
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science - International Relations & Comparative Politics
• Prepare a wide range of tax returns for clients.
• Provide business clients with accounting services.
• Provide business clients with payroll services and prepare all tax related business forms.
- Tax Professional/Accountant at Ermanas, Inc
- Accountant/Collections at Town and Country Property Management, Inc
- Tax Professional/Office Manager at Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accountancy
- Associate of Applied Science - Information Systems
• Performs audits on accounts for the State Attorney and Public Defenders offices.
• Maintains and manages all tasks within Accounts Payable Department.
• Receives and audits invoices for each assigned judicial circuit.
• Fulfills payments of and keys bills for each assigned judicial circuit.
• Resolves auditing and billing issues for new and existing accounts.
- Professional Accountant at Justice Administrative Commission
- Support Staff/Substitute Teacher at Crossroad Academy Charter School
- Staff Services Associate/UBA Administrator at Florida State University
- Leasing Consultant/ Marketing Coordinator at Arbor Crest Apartments
9 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- AA - General Transfer program
• Review, Prepare incoming Purchase Orders and Contracts
• Review, Prepare Allocation Letters for project funding
• Process Invoice and Pcard Payments in MFMP and FLAIR.
• Process Journal Transfers
• Perform Monthly Reconciliation
- Senior Professional Accountant at Department of Corrections
- at Grace Covenant Church International
- Accountant I, III, IV at Department of Corrections
- Supervisor at Subway Restaurants, Inc
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Economics - Economics
• To relieve the CFO and Senior Accountant of certain responsibilities that will allow them to spend a greater portion of their time on Financial Statement preparation and analysis, Budget and Variance issues, and Forecasting. Process Accounts Payable paperwork at completion of the check run.
• Assist Senior Staff Accountant with payroll system and payroll related items. Assist with any A/P or A/R. Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time quite often on short notice- by the CFO or Senior Accountant.
- Salaried Professional Accountant at Robert Half
- Office Manager/Bookkeeper at Coverall Mgmt. & Associates
- Accountant at IMC Facility Services
- Accounting Clerk II at Tyson Foods, Inc
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - General/Business
- Associate Degree - Business/Accounting
including preparing, - PRESENT
analyzing, maintaining, and
• Accounts Payables and Receivables reconciling transactions,
• Company payroll along with external clients records, statements, and
• In Charge of Monthly Sales Report reports. Maintains accuracy of
• Prepares and audits Bank Reconciliation internal and external client
• Prepares weekly Cash Position Report ledgers, and audits financial
• Maintains accounting ledgers and files for customers, statements quarterly and vendors and employees annually.
- Professional Accountant at SEABRIDGE, INC
- ACCOUNTANT at PACIFIC BAY HOTEL
1 month at this Job
• Accounts receivable/payable, bank reconciliation, clean up
• General ledger posting, income statements, balance sheets
• Custom Reports, QuickBooks set up and training Somersworth Tax Services/Garneau Bookkeeping Seasonal Tax Preparer
• Prepared taxes for individuals and small businesses
• Manage multiple files simultaneously
• Interview clients to obtain taxable income and deductible expenses
- Professional Accountant at Well Balanced Bookkeeping
- at Wentworth Douglass Hospital
- Charge Capture Specialist at Robert Half
- Consultant at Mercy Hospital September
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Certificate in Billing and Coding Specialist