A highly dynamic, organized and professional accountant with more than ten years of diverse experience in all business accounting functions, including business and individual tax, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, monthly and annual reports, reconciliations and billing. Accounting Experience Intuit, San Diego, CA 2018 - 2019 Turbo Tax Live Remote Bilingual Tax Expert Murphy & Murphy, CPA LLC, La Plata, MD Staff Accountant, Tax
➢ Seasonal position providing customers tax advice, tax return review and preparation following company guidelines thru Smart look session.
➢ Create high quality customer interactions and experiences that instill confidence using deep customer empathy and audio/video tool.
➢ Utilize and leverage government websites, professional resources and team expertise to seek out and deliver the right answer to the customer using everyday language.
➢ Apply defined practices, procedures and company policies to troubleshoot and resolve tax advice and preparation customer inquiries.
➢ Create a case and document customer issues and resolutions.
➢ Prepared and/or reviewed all assigned federal, state and/or local tax returns, tax payments in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and established policies and procedures.
➢ Advised clients on tax deductions, tax planning and other tax-related issued.
➢ Developed & maintained strong relationships with clients through ongoing communications & exceptional service.
➢ Gathered and input S-corporation and Partnership business transaction in QuickBooks to generate financial statements and prepared appropriate tax filling.
A highly dynamic, organized and professional accountant with more than ten years of diverse experience in all business accounting functions, including business and individual tax, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, monthly and annual reports, reconciliations and billing.
Intuit, San Diego, CA 2018 - 2019
Turbo Tax Live
Remote Bilingual Tax Expert
Murphy & Murphy, CPA LLC, La Plata, MD
Staff Accountant, Tax
- A highly dynamic, organized and professional accountant at Intuit
- Supervisory Administrative Analyst at City of Alexandria
- Business/tax Consultant (Self-employment) at JC&K Tax Accountants
- Accountant Associate at Freddie Mac
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Associate Degree in Business Administration - Business Administration
Responsible for the posting of audit adjustments.
• Manage refund offsets and posting/reversal of audit adjustments.
• Remove dunning and interest locks.
• Matched hard copy accounting documents to automated system transmittals.
• Ensured compliance with accounting deadlines.
• Responsible for the calculations of interest amounts for Demand Notices.
• Educate taxpayers on issues caused by refund offsets.
- Professional Accountant at Department of Revenue
- Tax Specialist I at Department of Revenue
- Revenue Specialist II at Department of Revenue
- EDP Technician at Department of Revenue
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- MBA - Accounting
- BA - Accounting
• Accounts receivable/payable, bank reconciliation, clean up
• General ledger posting, payroll, income statements, balance sheets
• Custom Reports, QuickBooks set up and training
• Cloud-Based Bookkeeping
- Professional Accountant at Well Balanced Bookkeeping
- Seasonal at Tammy's Tax Service
- Biller ll/Charge Capture Specialist at Wentworth Douglass Hospital
- Medical Biller Cloud-Based at
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - BSACC
Key Duties: Compiling financial statements, performed audits, management accounts, monthly processing, vat and tax returns (companies and individuals), vat reviews and IT14SDs, financial analysis, etc.
- Professional Accountant SA at Ralph Stanton & Associates
- Article Clerk at SAIPA
- Internship at Y Jamodien and Associates
2 months at this Job
- - SECONDARY EDUCATION
- BTECH - Financial Information Systems
Review clients' books, general ledger, trial balance, journal entries, bank reconciliations, financial statements, and fixed assets. Corporate, personal, and partnership tax returns. Payroll processing, payroll tax returns, W-2's and 1099's.
- Registered-Para-Professional Accountant at Schroedel, Scullin & Bestic, LLC
- Registered Para-Professional Accountant at Lee Palmer CPA, LLC
- Accountant at Youngstown Floral Supply, Inc
- Comptroller at OPUS twenty one, LLC
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Applied Business - Accounting Tech
- - education
• Reconciled and maintained various accounts, records, reports, and journals
• Supported goals and objectives of department by developing and implementing procedures to improve compliance with institutional and federal/state regulations
• Prepared reports in Salesforce and Panthersoft to monitor financial and guest activities
• Monitored budget allocation by tracking and analyzing variances and developed short and long term forecasting of revenues and expenditures
• Served as liaison between department and Controller’s office regarding merchant credit card solutions, to ensure compliance with PCI DSS regulations
- Professional Accountant 1 at Florida International University
- Accounting Specialist at Florida International University
- Financial Officer at Verity College Education, Indianapolis
- Temporary Accounting & Finance Employee at Accountemps
2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration and Microsoft Office
• Create and maintain companies in QuickBooks to include charts of accounts, vendors, customers, and employees
• Input general journal entries, bank reconciliations
• Knowledge of payroll, quarterly income tax, and monthly sales tax reports
• Prepare profit and loss statements, income statements, and balance sheets
• Prepare tax returns for individuals, trusts, and businesses
- SUBCONTRACT BOOKKEEPER/TAX PROFESSIONAL/ACCOUNTANT at AB BOOKKEEPING
- SENIOR BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR at EDWARD JONES INVESTMENTS
- INSTRUCTOR FOR BASIC SKILLS DEPARTMENT at CAPE FEAR COMMUNITY COLLEGE
8 years at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - Finance
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Mathematics
Administrator of over $750M+ annual credits claimed against corporate income, sales & use, and insurance premium tax returns, designed to encourage corporations to invest in certain areas of Florida or certain industries. * Performs complex reconciliations of government funds within the Florida Accounting Information Resource legacy system (FLAIR), SAP, and internal tax databases. * Analyzes and interprets Florida Statutes and Florida Administrative Codes (FAC) for taxpayers and assists other state agencies.
- PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT SPECIALIST at State of Florida
- SENIOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT at State of Florida
- STAFF ACCOUNTANT at Kaye Scholer LLP
- TEMP at First American Title Insurance Company
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Assigned to various contract assignments ranging from 3 months to a year. The following are the various industries that I have worked in: Entertainment, Public Relations, Hospitality, Restaurant, Apparel, Retail & Manufacturing, Construction, Law Accounting / Billing, Accounting CPA Firms, City Public Accounting. Computer Applications: MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ADP Payroll Uploads, QuickBooks Payroll, QuickBooks, Peachtree, Oracle E Business Suite, Intacct, Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains, Encode , S.A.P, Sage.
Assigned to various contract assignments ranging from 3 months to a year. The following are the various industries that I have worked in:
Entertainment, Public Relations, Hospitality, Restaurant, Apparel, Retail & Manufacturing, Construction, Law Accounting / Billing, Accounting CPA Firms, City Public Accounting.
MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ADP Payroll Uploads, QuickBooks Payroll, QuickBooks, Peachtree, Oracle E Business Suite, Intacct, Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains, Encode , S.A.P, Sage.
- Salaried Professional Accountant (SPS Program with Robert Half) at Robert Half
- Accounting Manager at Malibu Farm
- Accounting Manager/Controller at Glass Doctor Glass Sub-Contractor
- Accounting Manager/Bookkeeper at Kim Colwell Design Shambhala Institute
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
• Interfaced with partners ensuring they have quality financial data in a timely manner. Software
• Utilized Quick Books to manage the entire financial operations for the law firm. Quick Books
• Reconciled bank and credit card statements on a monthly basis.
• Managed employee payroll services. IOLTA
• Performed all data entry of cash receipts and disbursements for the IOLTA trust accounts in the accounting systems. Skills
- Professional Accountant at Bucci and Kent LLP
- Senior Accountant Manager at Aberdeen Asset Management
- Senior Associate at Assurance and Advisory Services
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - International Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting
- - Advanced French