13617 ◆Conscientiously review medical records to identify appropriate CPT and ICD10 coding for Primary Care and Skilled Nursing Facility Claims. ◆Submission of medical claims for a practice of 4 medical providers with 99% accuracy rate. ◆Interaction with providers, and other medical professionals, regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures and HIPAA compliance regulations. ◆Management of insurance and patient account receivables. ◆Certified Professional Medical Coder and Billing Specialist
- Certified Professional Medical Coder/Billing Manager at Healey Medical Practice
- Receptionist/Medical Billing/Medical Assistant at Jay F. Schechter, MD
- Receptionist/Dental Assistant at Terence Reed, DDS
11 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associates in Early Childhood Education - Early Childhood Education
- Regents Diploma
Opioid and Behavioral Management
Detail-oriented, organized and certified 'Medical Coder' with experience in writing accurate codes for patient records, processing claims for payment and performing clerical duties with 99.99% accuracy rate. Adept in maintaining confidentiality of the patient data and entering accurate clinical codes software using excellent research skills for pediatric well visits, sick visits, suboxone treatment methods and screening lab codes.
• Evaluated physician records to ensure coding completeness and accuracy, and compliance with current International classification of Diseases Manual -Clinical modification, CPT and HCPCS guidelines.
• Effectively code physician records with ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS codes.
• Manually verify insurance eligibility for DOS
• Posting charges in Health fusion EMR.
• Audit claims for accuracy and completeness.
• Submit reimbursement claims electronically to insurance companies.
• Worked on claims which were denied by resubmitting or appealing.
• Posted and adjusted payments from Insurance Companies EOBs.
• Identified and resolved patient billing and payment issues.
• Maintained and updated collections tracking spreadsheet to help organize payment information.
• Confidently handled claims denials and/or appeals.
• Evaluated patient's financial status and established appropriate payment plans.
• Billing and coding lab codes to insurance companies and make sure the company is getting paid for those procedures, if not submit needed documentation to the insurance companies to further process the claim.
• Printed and reviewed monthly payment aging report and solicited overdue payments.
• Prepared billing correspondence and maintain database to organize billing information.
• Maintained updated knowledge of coding requirements, through continuing education and certification renewal.
• Researched questions and concerns from providers and provided detailed responses.
- Professional Medical Coder - Pediatric at Encounter Medical Associates
- at Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Account Receivable Specialist at Medroi Corp
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in science - Microbiology
- Master's in science - Industrial Biotechnology
-Direct Support Professional Assist residents with hygiene, transport residents to and from workshop, assist residents with doctor appointments, pass medications,take inbound calls, schedule doctor appointments,complete medcart audit,scan and return medications to pharmacy,deliver medical supplies,complete filing, and obtain residents vital signs. -Medical Assistant
-Direct Support Professional
Assist residents with hygiene, transport residents to and from workshop, assist residents with doctor appointments, pass medications,take inbound calls, schedule doctor appointments,complete medcart audit,scan and return medications to pharmacy,deliver medical supplies,complete filing, and obtain residents vital signs.
- Direct Support Professional/Medical Assistant at Our Lady of the Wayside
- Direct Support Professional at Anthony Wayne Services
- Medical Assistant Externship at St.Vincent Charity Hospital
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Medical Assisting Program
* Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting medical claims electronically and by paper * Coding diagnosis * Follow-up and work denials
- Professional Medical Biller at Brown's Billing Service
- Office Manager at Behavioral Medicine Clinic, Inc
- Assistant Sales Manager at Primestar Satellite
- Medical Records Clerk at Lauderdale County Health Department
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Business Office and Technology
- - Psychology
- High School Diploma
5. Assistant/Registered Phlebotomy Technician, Spanish Certified Professional Medical Interpreter Resume
Special Immunology, Registered Medical
Assistant/Registered Phlebotomy Technician, Spanish Certified Professional Medical Interpreter
January 14th, 2019 - PRESENT
● Assistant at Front Desk Check-In & Check-Out/Spanish Certified Professional Medical Interpreter
● Patient registration, scheduling, answering telephones, chart preparation, and patient appointment confirmations
● Clinical-Duties as an age-appropriate approach to obtain physical measurement which includes heights, weights, blood pressures, head circumference, temperatures, pulse, respiratory rate, and document according to department standards using EPIC (immediately notified RN/MD when vital signs or pain screen are OUT-OF-RANGE)
● Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician/Registered Nurse
● Performs basic laboratory tests POCT standards, maintain refrigerator and QC logs, VFC Guidelines Collect and Prepare laboratory specimens: PPD Placement, Immunization Administration, Urine, STD Testing, hCG
● Utilize infection prevention (OXIVIR Tb Wipes) and control procedures according to health system policy
● Stock patient examination rooms, Cleaning Responsibilities/Cleaning Log, Environmental Rounding, Managing supplies, and equipment/inventory responsibility 2032 Buckius Street, Philadelphia, PA 19124 Mailing Address: PO BOX 46234, Philadelphia, Pa 19160 CELL (215) 868-9865 [email protected]
- Assistant/Registered Phlebotomy Technician, Spanish Certified Professional Medical Interpreter at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia/Family Care Center
- Registered Medical Assistant/Registered Phlebotomy Technician at Abington Memorial Hospital
- Registered Medical Assistant at WorkNet Occupational Medicine
- Lab Assistant/Medical Assistant at Lincoln Technical Institute
5 months at this Job
- Associate - Allied Health
- Professional Medical Representative at Exact Sciences
- Account Manager at Kforce
- Personal Assistant at Asha Jadeja
- Medical Assistant / Intern at DAVinci Plastic Surgery
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Post Baccalaureate Pre Medical Program
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing
Patient care, injections, venipunctures, wound care, sterile field, urinalysis, EKG's, EMR-EHR, vitals, cleaned and stocked rooms, answered phones, scheduled appointments, bandaging, casting, capillary punctures, glucose testing, hemoglobin testing, medical records
- Professional Medical Assistant at Anav Tribal Health Clinic
- Front-end Supervisor at Real Property Management, Inc
2 years at this Job
- - Professional Medical Assisting
Dictate from audio files for multiple medical specialties using Microsoft Word and DSS player, edit files to ensure accuracy, typing speed of 75 wpm.
- Professional Medical Transcriptionist at PDQ Transcription
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant at Scott K. Gray D.P.M., P. A
- Patient Information Assistant at Arkansas Children's Hospital
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Houston, Texas April 2015 - Present Insurance Verification ♦ On behalf of the professional medical and/or medical administrative staff, provides information to patients and maintains good patient rapport. ♦ May obtain insurance pre-certifications and verifications and ensure reimbursement from patients or other responsible parties. ♦ May obtain insurance pre-certifications and verifications. ♦ Informs patients on treatment, administration and insurance-related matters. ♦ May post patient demographics, charges, payments, and adjustments into an automated system according to state and government regulations and contracts. ♦ Investigates insurance coverage and demographics. ♦ Answers phones and provides information to patients or takes detailed messages and routes them to the appropriate party. ♦ Provides additional administrative support as needed. ♦ Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- On behalf of the professional medical and/or medical administrative staff at Medical Clinic of Houston
- Customer Service Rep at Baylor College of Medicine
- Customer Service Rep at Amegy Bank
- Account Representative-Internship at Texas Children's Pediatric Associates
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
I founded and have operated Professional Medical Records, Inc. Medical Transcription Service using various platforms for hospitals, clinics, coroners' offices, and private practice physicians' offices. I have transcribed reports in all specialties, including oncology, OB/GYN, surgery, gastroenterology, cardiology, pulmonology, orthopedics, sleep medicine, wound care, urology, pain management, family practice, radiology, and forensic pathology. I have transcribed and edited all types of reports including ER reports, H&Ps, admission notes, consults, discharge summaries, operative notes, progress notes, SOAP notes, autopsy reports, letters, radiology reports, sleep studies, pulmonology testing reports, cardiology testing reports, etc.
- MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST at PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL RECORDS, INC
- Adjunct Instructor at University Of Akron Wayne College
28 years, 5 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Transcription
- Associates - Medical Assisting