• Promoted to Project Buyer
• Works with inventory, engineering, and project management teams to ensure quality and accuracy with orders
• Created over 1,000 purchase orders for various goods and services in SAP
• Acquired over $200,000 worth of custom manufactured parts for vehicle BOM
• Processed over $300,000 worth of invoices for miscellaneous services performed at all Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Boston, and Singapore facilities
• Established and successfully set up over 200 suppliers with net terms in our SAP system
• Reconciles with suppliers and vendors to confirm that orders are processed and correct delivery dates are met
• Follows up and resolves open purchase orders to ensure delivery of product.
• Prepared detailed purchase requisitions, RFQ's, and purchase orders resulting in delivery of correct components.
- Project Buyer at Aptiv
- Inventory Control Specialist at Aptiv
- Materials Manager (CDRII) at CVS Health
- Receiving Clerk at Forms and Surfaces
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Gabriel has been making the automotive shock absorber since 1907. Working as Project Buyer to develop, motivate, plan and incorporate cost saving program, by establishing mutual confidence with potential and current suppliers and plant representatives. Analyze and negotiate price change requests for assigned parts. Maintain and update all purchase orders, price change notices, order history, quote information, and correspondence, for all assigned production parts.
- Project Buyer at Gabriel Ride Control LLC
- Global Sourcing Specialist at Dearborn Mid-west Company
- Supplier Improvement Leader & Commodity Buyer at Nilfisk Advance
- Commodity Manager at Flowserve Corporation
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business - International Trade and Economy
- Associated Degree - English
As the Project Buyer held discussions with client's procurement and engineer's team to analyze the material's specifications/requirement for ConocoPhillips Bohai Bay Project in accordance with our frame agreement. ◦ Oversee the partnership with suppliers to establish long term cost reductions, availability of product/services, and superior quality. ◦ Source, quote, and purchase products/services as needed. ◦ Issue purchase orders to initiate the procurement cycle, monitor delivery status and update system accordingly, expediting when necessary to fulfill production requirements. ◦ Selected products and researched market regarding US & International suppliers, (supplier were scattered throughout Europe, Asia, South America, and USA), studied market for availability of different products in order to offer the accurate materials. ◦ Obtained best price/product and raw materials - negotiated best price with the suppliers and expedite/finalized payment on behalf of our company.. ◦ As the Project main contact my responsibility was to maintain client satisfaction/expectations and clearly conveying features and benefits of products/services. ◦ Weekly meetings with the client's procurement and engineer's team in order to communicate, set, and maintain clear expectations where each purchase order material was in the line of production, so the Client's Inspection team could approve the material was in accordance to the Project norms/specifications, once this step was accomplished we could issue our Invoice and began our time frame to get paid for that particular materials. HHS
- Project Buyer at ITF, Inc
- Assistant Director at HHS
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness - English and Spanish
One of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group al so provides complete solutions for financing and service.
Commodity/Project Buyer 5/2018 - Present
• Responsible for electronic sensors and wire harnesses with a vendor base in the U.S., Mexico and France.
• Generated combined cost savings of $1.2 million 2018-2019.
• Assist and negotiate contract development and amendments with supplier and Volvo legal teams.
• Accountable for quality, delivery, cost, sustainability, feature, technology, sustainability and risk management.
• Accountable for year over year costs savings to meet annual goals of 1%-2%.
• Responsible for initiating and/or negotiating process change requests, product modifications requests and quality issues.
• Manage risk mitigation and crisis activities. Preformed Line Products Cleveland, OH Worldwide designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-quality cable anchoring and control hardware systems; for the telecommunications, distribution and energy markets.
- Commodity/Project Buyer at Volvo Truck Group
- Commodity Specialist at
- Procurement Sourcing Specialist - Raw Food Ingredients at Nestle, USA - Global Health and Wellness
- Senior Buyer at Rockwell Automation
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- M.S. - Management
- B.S. - Management
Gas Turbine Inlet Systems and salt separation engineered systems.
1. Rejoined GENERAL ELECTRIC's Power and Water Air Filtration business unit, in May 2013, as lead project buyer for the fulfillment of engineered air filtration systems for the business unit's largest external customer. Business was acquired to Clarcor, Inc in December 2013. Increased product line responsibility in February 2014 to include fulfillment of FPSO and Military focused engineered air filtration systems.
• Day-to-Day management of the fulfillment of customer of engineered gas intake systems with focus on marine, near shore and military environments.
• Full ownership of the fabrication RFQ process including analysis of cost, quality, capacity and including negotiations concluding with vendor selection.
• Full management of sub-tier vendor supply chain fulfillment.
• Conducts project fabrication kickoff meetings outlined schedule, quality requirements and engineered drawing review.
• Managing a cross functional team to manage both domestic and low costs country based vendors to insure timely project completion and under budget.
- LEAD PROJECT BUYER at CLARCOR INDUSTRIAL AIR
- Indirect Sourcing Leader, GE Transportation at GENERAL ELECTRIC
- SOURCING PROJECT BUYER at Adecco
- Logistics Supervisor at Apria Healthcare
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Management - General
• Manages vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability
• Establishes and manages a timeline for all (local, regional or global) purchasing activities to meet project milestones and Purchasing deliverables (Budget, Cost, etc.)
• Formulates a detailed execution-timing plan, including critical path timing, mitigation timing plans, with constant updating, improvement, and follow-up
• Maintains updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
• Creatively explores and recommends savings opportunities to reduce products' cost
• Maintains prototype build timelines/forecasts and identifies potential areas of concern in meeting budget and delivery dates
• Negotiates contract terms of agreement and pricing with over 35 suppliers
- Project Buyer at Meritor
- Program Buyer at Hanon Systems
- Production Purchasing Intern at Detroit Diesel Corporation
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Global Supply Chain Management
Prepared, evaluated and issued Supplier Bid Lists for Approval, Request for Quotations, Bid Summaries, Purchase Orders and Change Orders.
● Purchased major engineered equipment i.e.: transfer towers, generator, transformers, heat exchangers, etc.
● Purchased bulk materials i.e.: fabricated steel and pipe, electrical cable and fittings, valves and fittings etc.
● Purchased tools, consumables, office equipment and supplies.
● Leased and rented heavy equipment, vehicles, and spare parts.
● Expedited equipment goods and services to meet promised deliveries for scheduled deadlines.
● Contract review and negotiations.
● Excel at working with fast paced work environment. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
● Worked within the project team with open communications between each discipline.
● Excellent communication with vendors and local suppliers to maintain open relationships to aid in excellent vendor support for project needs and rush deliveries if required.
- Project Buyer at Next Source (KCP&L)
- Project Buyer at Duke Energy, Dayton Power and Light
- Project Buyer (Project at Costa Azul LNG facility in Ensenada, Mexico
- Assistant to the Vice President at Individual Assurance Company
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Arts Management and Human Relations
Source materials and services to support special projects, new builds and maintenance
➢ Coordinate with construction manager and project managers
➢ Monitor cost of materials
➢ Coordinate with directors and Administrators
➢ Interact with receiving and accounts payable
➢ Resolve quality and delivery issue
Source materials and services to support special projects, new builds and maintenance
- Project buyer at CONCORD HOSPITAL
- at INTELITEK
- at XMA Corporation
- Plant Manager - Operations Manager at OPTICS 1, INC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Management & supervision
- - management
Maritime & MRO, Newbuild Fleet Design and Operations, 2014-2019
Procure for marine equipment and MRO consumables for +12 mega-projects including newbuilds of the largest cruise-ships in the world, also oversaw supply to German-based TUI Mein Schiff fleet, among other passenger ships.
• Managed +20 million annual spend for newbuild purchasing.
• Achieved $1.2M savings per year by leverage business partner relationships and streamlining scope of work.
• Create and process marine spare parts, fuel & consumable orders during the newbuild construction, dry-dock maintenance & operation phases.
• +900 TEU project export USA to EU for timely delivery to shipyard for installation or storeroom project needs.
• Procure and synchronize fuel & chemicals for delivery and bunker at +1,150 cruise port destinations worldwide.
• Per project, executed order management of excess of 20,000 lines, budget in excess $7 million.
• Deliver expedite of critical items for 63 operational vessels.
• Orchestrate delivery of critical expedite requests from executive team, vessel captain & chief officers, and naval compliance teams. Able to assertively manage relationships.
• Oversaw global network of suppliers, logistics partners and internal supply chain stakeholders.
• Manage total cost of ownership, turnkey suppliers, contract management, advanced replenishment strategies, discrepancy resolution, and invoicing.
• Collaborate as the key point of contact for authorized requesters, managers and suppliers to troubleshoot and resolve purchase requisition and purchase order issues.
• Leverage advanced knowledge of engine, HVAC, waste treatment, fueling chemicals, electronics & automation, deck & safety, security management, MRO items, etc. Special Projects, Advanced Emission Purification (AEP) Program
• Procure MRO and capital equipment for in-service fleet retrofit program to reduce 20% carbon dioxide and installations of advanced designs & technologies for 10% improved propulsion efficiency. Training Workshop Facilitator, Supply Chain Dept.
• Pioneered department training with over 152 participants, 4300 training hours realized, 18 workshops Software systems courses included logistics, procurement, finance, and e-commerce platforms. IT Purchasing, Requisition Specialist, North America & the Caribbean
• Responsible for requisitioning IT equipment and software, this includes all business systems for ships under new building solutions as well as ongoing projects for fleet and shore side deployment for North America and the Caribbean regions. Provide IT equipment quotes for ship embarkation.
• Support shipboard system managers by monitoring and updating the Remedy support problem ticket system with order information.
• Follow-up with vendors regarding open purchase orders and request for quotes.
- Training Workshop Facilitator, Supply Chain Dept at Technical Project Buyer Logistics
- Manage MVR databases and Driver Qualification files at CROWLEY MARITIME INC
- Metal Commodity Buyer & Operations Specialist at ALUMINUM DISTRIBUTING INC
- Inside Sales, B2B - Customer Relations Representative at BALSEAL ENGINEERING INC
5 years at this Job
- B.A. in Transportation & Logistics Management - Transportation & Logistics Management
Inteva Products ($2.8 Billion Automotive Tier 1, Producer of Interiors, Closure Systems, Roof Systems & Electronics)
Key Project Buyer on the team preparing the company for the Global divestiture of its Roof Systems entity. Utilizing my extensive purchasing and automotive experience to help prepare suppliers, contracts and data for the divestiture. Report progress on a daily basis to management on major project KPI's and deliver all project objectives on time and under budget.
- Project Buyer - Temporary Contract Position through MRI Network at Inteva Products ($2.8 Billion Automotive Tier 1, Producer of Interiors, Closure Systems, Roof Systems & Electronics)
- Senior Purchasing Manager & Purchasing Manager at Yanfeng Interiors
- Global Commodity Manager - Direct Raw Materials Purchasing at Gates Corporation ($4.5 Billion, Producer of Rubber Belts and Hoses, HQ Denver, Colorado)
- Commodity Manager II - Indirect Purchasing at Manitowoc Company ($4.5 Billion, Producer of Industrial Cranes and Food Service Equipment)
4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Administration - Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Administrative Management