Philadelphia (PhilaPort); Philadelphia, PA. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). 07/2017-4/2018 PennDOT Multi-modal assigned this work order to provide program support to Philadelphia Regional Port Authority (PhilaPort) and represent Commonwealth's investment. Project Controls Manager responsible to establish project controls and support a team reporting to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for PhilaPort's Capital Investment Program 2017 to upgrade warehouse facilities, construct a new vehicle processing center, rehabilitate rail lines, new crane procurement, port berthing reconstruction and infrastructure improvements at the Packer Avenue Marine, Tioga Marine and Auto Port terminals. The Gannett Fleming team support includes program management services, project controls services, engineering services and construction management services to PhilaPort and PennDOT Multimodal agencies. (Program Management: $300M).
- Project Controls Manager at GANNETT FLEMING
- Interim Area Manager and Senior Project Controls Manager at GANNETT FLEMING
- Government Affairs and Political Action Committee Treasurer and Manager at KLEINFELDER
- Principal Shareholder, Vice President, Client Manager and Business Development Manager at KLEINFELDER
9 months at this Job
Successful Project Controls Manager, accustomed to multibillion dollar EPC projects. Possess an impressive record of success in revitalizing schedule management and analysis, risk, cost control & reporting, estimating, logistics, permitting and project management in both domestic and international markets. Proven career record of reducing project durations and cost through pinpointing operational inefficiencies and implementing strategic, corrective plans according to industry best practices. Solid understanding of the civil, industrial and institutional construction industries in private and public markets. Demonstrated ability to compose and communicate Project Control principles to personnel on all levels in order to facilitate change and initiate turnaround. Has installed successful controls schemes in major projects that required multiple, distant overseas teams that successfully reported project controls events and data to the home office from worldwide, offsite engineering and construction locations. PRINCIPAL AREAS OF PRACTICE
• Installed Schedule & Cost Programs in major civil and industrial enterprises in USA, Canada and Africa.
• Managed all Construction Controls programs and teams to sustainability with hire/fire authority.
• Hired, trained, led, and mentored subordinates in all facilities and administered Primavera software
• Selected all state of the art controls software packages for use by all department members.
• Purchased, installed and administered all Project Controls software, trained personnel, and composed all access, updating, data entry, and user accessibility protocols for all users worldwide.
• Received, vetted, analyzed, quantified and rated all vendor & contractor construction schedules & estimates
• Conducted all control efforts covering Schedule Composition, Schedule forecasting, updating, progressing and reporting, Estimate Composition, Risk Identification, and Management of Change.
- Project Controls Manager at Delek, Valero, AGR Engr., Pennzoil, GAF, BP, Chevron
19 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Education
(Port Hedland Operations - Port) $500M
• Responsible for the Project Controls oversight of our 24 person team at 2 sites.
• Created the Port planning & project controls processes, procedures and EVMS systems.
• Responsible for inclusion & prioritization of the Port's portfolio of Projects. (80 ea.)
• Oversee the development and updating of the cost and resource loaded baseline schedules.
• Approve the budgetary and definitive estimates for the Portfolio.
• Prepare & present the monthly IRC packages to the site GM, EM and DMs.
• Coordinate the monthly progress and status update of the Portfolio.
• Provide critical path, milestone variance and schedule status reports.
• Create and maintain cash flows, progress S-curves and resource histograms
• Present monthly progress reports for site and corporate management teams.
• Produce monthly EAC project and portfolio forecasts, including contingency management.
• Create monthly Dashboards and present to site management.
• Lead the Quarterly re-prioritization reviews for the Port. Senior Project Controls Manager - Laing O'Rourke (LOR) - AUSTRALIA (APLNG Project - Origin Energy - $1.3B - Gas processing facilities)
• Responsible for the oversight of our 30 person planning & project controls team at 6 sites.
• Created the site planning and project controls processes, procedures and EVMS systems.
• Developed the integrated, resource loaded baseline Programme.
• Provide weekly (production and progress) critical path targets for construction management.
• Coordinate the weekly multi-site progress and status update of the Programme.
• Produce weekly critical path, milestone variance and schedule status reports.
• Track and report individual site and overall project progress and schedule performance.
• Track client delays and site instructions; record schedule impact.
• Provide backup for schedule impact negotiations.
• Create and maintain progress S-curves, histograms and accommodation forecasts.
• Create, maintain and report on commodity installation curves.
• Create weekly Dashboards and present to LOR management and the client.
• Create and update weekly Progress and Productivity reports for ETC and EAC forecasts. Senior Planning Manager / Senior PSM - Worley Parsons Perth, AUSTRALIA (HANCOCK - ROYHILL - $9.5B Iron Ore Mine / Rail / Port / Infrastructure)
• Responsible for the oversight and coordination of the Project's planning team; including Worley Parsons, the client and various EPC entities, vendors, fabricators and constructors.
• Developed an integrated, resource loaded Baseline programme.
• Coordinated the weekly update of the Forecast programme.
• Produced critical path, milestone variance and schedule progress / performance reports.
• Tracked & reported overall and individual progress measurement and schedule performance.
• Created weekly and monthly reports and presented them to the project teams and the client.
• Analysed EOT claims by contractors and participated in schedule impact negotiations.
• Provided schedule analysis for trend estimates and change order management.
• Created and maintained progress S-curves, histograms and accommodation forecasts.
• Created, maintained and reported contractor commodity installation curves.
• Provided what-if scenarios for future planning and schedule recovery planning.
• Maintained and controlled Schedule Interface Management Matrix.
• Developed schedule management plan, BoS and contractor reporting requirement procedures. Senior Project Services Manager - Worley Parsons Inc., Perth, WA; AUSTRALIA (BHP BILLITON - TUG HARBOUR PROJECT - $800M Harbour / Infrastructure)
• Responsible for the management of a 12 person Worley Parsons EPCM project controls team for the estimation, planning / scheduling, cost control, progress measurement, change management, contract administration and document control of the $800M Definitive phase study and Execution phase of BHP Billiton's Tug Harbour project in Port Hedland, Australia.
• Created the initial WP / BHP Tug Harbour project controls procedures.
• Assisted in the development of the -10% / +15% definitive estimate from firm quotes / lump sum prices / unit rates / in house databases during the FEED phase of the project.
• Created and produced project cost reports / forecasts and cash flows curves.
• Created and maintained quarterly forecasts for EPCM services man-hours and costs.
• Developed and updated sub-consultant, multi-contractor, integrated, resource loaded Level 3 CPM schedule for the FEED, Engineering, Procurement and Construction life cycle.
• Generated critical path, milestone variance, and schedule progress and performance reports.
• Tracked and reported progress measurement using Earned Value methodologies.
• Created trend estimates and provided change order management.
• Created weekly and monthly project reports and presented findings to project teams, corporate management and client.
• Created control accounts for CMS database and populated with estimate direct and indirect man-hours, quantities and costs.
• Oversaw the flow of cost, schedule, progress and change management data from various lump sum construction contractors and procurement purchase orders.
• Assisted in the development of additional procedures & templates for the BHP Program level.
• Assembled and presented internal margin, forecast and financial data to WorleyParsons executive committee.
• Assisted in developing the overall contracting strategy and contractor pricing schedules.
• Analysed EOT & other contractor claims and variations for validity & participated in negotiations.
• Oversaw internal and external document control workflows.
- Senior Project Controls Manager at BHP Billiton Iron Ore
- Senior Project Controls Manager at Flint Energy
- Project Controls Manager at Conoco Phillips Inc
- Project Controls Manager at Jacobs Engineering Inc
2 years at this Job
- Masters in Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering Technology
• Supervise project control member and support Project Managers and Project Coordinators
• Work with Project Managers to identify and resolve project schedule database issues.
• Provide reporting to Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Upper Management.
• Review and develop process changes.
• Train and coach personnel
• Maintain customer relationships with client
• Performed internal audits on the quality, accuracy, database records, equipment details and other important information
• Scheduled, organized, tracked, managed and reported on project tasks and information using primarily Microsoft Excel. High Performance Services, Carencro, LA Project Controls Manager 2016-Present
- Project Controls Manager at High Performance Services, LLC
- Project Coordinator/ Project Specialist at Mastec Network Solutions/ NSORO
- Project Coordinator-Project Controls at Nsoro Mastec
- Sales Manager at JC Penney
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management - business law, project management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Business Management
Turner & Townsend Senior Consultant BP Owner Represented Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. Title Senior Cost Engineer ExxonMobil Long Beach CA., BP Carson CA. Title Senior Cost Engineer Owner Represented (Hess Oil) Hovensa VI. Coastal Oil Company/ El Paso Refinery Title Senior Cost Engineer Manager Project Controls Group Self Employed (General Construction) Title Project Manager
- Project Controls Manager at Coastal Aruba Refinery
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate in Science
• Rio Tinto (Kennecott Copper, Salt Lake City) - Project Controls Manager for their Rougher Floatation Replacement Project. (Current)
• Valin Corporation - Director of Project Management, Major Projects.
• Tesoro Oil - Program Management - 150-mile crude oil gathering program in North Dakota.
• Jacobs Engineering - Project Controls - EPCM Gold Mine Project.
• Rio Tinto (Kennecott Copper, Salt Lake City) - consultant for Construction & Project Management value improvement on their Molybdenum Autoclave Project.
• Rio Tinto (Kennecott Copper, Salt Lake City) - consultant for Cornerstone Project - Re-negotiation and correction of Change Management issues between the project and Fluor.
• US Geothermal Inc., - Project Management of the EPC of their Neal Hot Springs Geothermal Power Plant. I took this 28MW binary cycle power plant from green-field to mechanical completion. Final commissioning was carried out by the technology supplier (Turbine Air Systems). I successfully implemented LEAN Construction principles and methodologies on this project, bringing it in under budget and ahead of schedule.
• Business Development: Integrated Project Delivery Team - POWER Engineers, Beniton Construction Co, Sturgeon Electric & Schuff Steel. I assembled this team into a formal association that offers an Integrated Project Delivery approach to Power Generation and Distribution clients.
• Sundt Construction Company - Project Management oversight of the Coronado Emissions Control Project (Coal fired generating station) for Salt River Project, Arizona (Utility). This project implemented a Black and Veach designed emissions control upgrade (mandated by the EPA) to an old coal fired power generation plant in North Eastern Arizona. We successfully utilized LEAN Construction methodologies to implement this project.
• Resolution Copper, a joint venture between Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton, - Construction Management oversight of the surface works associated with the development of the first phase of their new mine. The scope of work included design, contractor procurement, and construction of access roads, site works, head frame & foundations, winch houses & equipment, storage facilities and utilities. This was the first project on which I utilized LEAN Construction principles and methodologies. The benefits of LEAN were significant and I have used this approach ever since.
• Resolution Copper, a joint venture between Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton, - Project Management and Controls services for the project to dewater their abandoned mine. The dewatering of the abandoned mine was needed in advance of the development of the adjacent new mine which will access a bigger and much deeper ore body. The project included the design, procurement and installation of high capacity submersible pumps (12500gpm at 4600ft head) in existing mine shafts, design and construction of a water treatment plant to remove heavy metals and other contaminants and then delivery of the treated water via a 30 mile cross country pipeline to an irrigation district.
• Amec Mining and Metals - Established and managed the project controls aspect of a contract between Amec and Rio Tinto's Kennecott Utah Copper Company.
• Perini Corporation at their head office in Framingham, MA. (now Tutor-Perini) - Established and managed a full service project controls department for their international operations. Programs/Projects/Contracts that I managed during my tenure in this role included: ◦ Contracts with the Iraq Project and Contracting Office (PCO) for transmission, distribution, communications, and controls for the Iraqi Electricity infrastructure (Budget: $149 million) ◦ Contract with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for the Military Base Build Out in Darualaman, Afghanistan (Budget: $19,200,000.00) ◦ Contract with General Dynamics Network Systems, Inc., for Phase I of construction of the Outside Plant in Balad, Iraq (Budget: $6,000,000.00) ◦ Contract with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for design and construction of facilities in the Middle East region * Task Order 1, Afghan National Army Brigade Facilities in Mazer-e-Sharif, Afghanistan (Budget: $65,100,000.00) * Task Order 2, Afghan National Army Brigade Facilities in Gardez, Afghanistan (Budget: $64,900,000.00) * Task Order 3, Overhead Coverage Systems for US Military Bases in Gulf Region Central and Gulf Region South, Iraq (Budget: $119,300,000.00) * Task Order 4, Overhead Coverage Systems for US Military Bases in Gulf Region North, Iraq (Budget: $65,500,000.00)
• Perini Corporation - Managed the completion of the construction of part of a military base on the outskirts of Kabul, Afghanistan. The project was behind schedule and over budget when I was hired, but I was able to rectify the situation through the implementation of good project management principles and methods and thus avoided the severe liquidated damages that were associated with this fast track DOD contract. Relocated my family to the USA in 1999
• Design, Construction, Operation and Transfer of Regional Potable Water Supply Infrastructure for the Department of Water Affairs of the South African Government. My practice (Rob Forrester and Associates) was a member of a joint venture that was awarded this contract to design, construct, operate and ultimately transfer, potable water infrastructure in all rural/tribal areas across the province of Natal. Value ZAR300MM. My joint venture partners were all public companies (Jaffares, Green & Parkman Engineers - Stocks & Stocks Construction Company - Ernst & Young Management Services Company). This contract was a real test of program management and administration as we had up to 90 individual projects under way at any one time across the entire province and I employed a staff of 270 people.
• Design and development of a 2200 acre cashew nut estate for Coastal Cashews - South Africa.
• Design and development of a 1000 acre tea estate for Ntingwe Tea - South Africa.
- Project Controls Manager at Rio Tinto
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Agriculture
• Project Controls Manager for an Offshore and Onshore Oil and Gas Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) Company in Nigeria Africa.
• Assigned to lead the implementation of the Project Controls Plan in each of the company's projects.
• Responsible for effective execution of Project Controls on assigned large or mayor projects in accordance with Ariosh and applicable Project Controls Department Procedures.
• Provide accurate and updated information to communicate project progress and performance through the data gathering, management and analytical processes used to predict, understand and constructively influence the time and cost outcomes of Ariosh projects, in formats that assist effective management and decision making.
• Implement and gain alignment with all stakeholders to report mitigate risks and reduce cost and schedule overruns.
- Project Controls Manager at Ariosh
- Interface Manager at Dynamic Industries, Inc
- Sales Agent at Alarm Systems Sales ADT & Central Security
- Proposals Manager and Technical Advisor at Dynamic Industries International, LLC
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
• Served as interim Manager for 12 salaried staff including 3 Project Control Managers, 2 Project Controls Specialist, 6 Outage Superintendents, and an Analyst
• Developed Power Generation Project Delivery Standard "Outage Stage Gate Process" This included review of other existing Entergy project delivery processes for incorporation of best practices, develop performance metrics, develop and deliver training to the Power Generation organization.
• Provide governance and oversight for project delivery processes consistent with PMI fundamentals
• Serve as a SME for the Outage Stage Gate Process (OSGP)
• Monitor and adjust the process with appropriate enhancements as identified
• Provide administrative governance, oversight, execution, and support (GOES) for all major projects and outages within the Power Generation fleet
• Provide execution and support to all major project and outages in the planning and execution phases as needed or requested.
• Coordinate and participate in project stage gate and outage readiness reviews
• Provide detailed support to the EAI assets for projects within the Power Generation fleet
• Develop and implement a stage gate delivery process to track and monitor the progress of a project from initiation through implementation.
• Serve as the system SME for the Foreign Materials Exclusion program.
- Project Controls Manager at Entergy Services, Inc
- Production Superintendent at Entergy Arkansas, Inc
- Fossil Outage Superintendent at Entergy Services, Inc
- Senior Planner/Scheduler at Entergy Gulf States, Inc
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management Institute
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Business Management
- - Technology
The $1 Billion project is an initiative to replace 558 aging bridges throughout Pennsylvania. Replacing the bridges will provide motorists with new, modern structures and allow PennDOT to remove them from their structurally deficient list.
Project Controls Manager - East Region, April, 2016 - Current
• Responsible for control functions related to cost, change, and schedule for (168) bridge replacements for a total budget of $295 million.
• Improved reliability of cost forecasting by improving policies, procedures, and reporting for cost, change control, scheduling.
• Developed and implemented control processes for writing and executing agreements and change orders for subcontractors and suppliers, and coordinating their payments.
• Perform schedule updates utilizing P6.
• Develop and generate numerous progress and forecast reports for internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist in estimate development and change control.
- Project Controls Manager - East Region at WALSH/GRANITE JOINT VENTURE
- Senior Project Manager at United Prison Equipment
- Founder and Vice President at Russell County Development Group
- Vice President of Sales, Marketing, & Accounting at Starnes, Inc
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Enterprise Program Management Office
Senior Project Controls Manager. Managing and overseeing the Project Controls Best Practices across major and sensitive projects across all Amtrak departments
• Supported the buildup of the EPMO from inception of Amtrak EPMO including standards setting, governance through control of the projects, delivery of projects successfully and business strategy
• Support of Amtrak Engineering PMO and IT PMO
• Regular Reporting to Amtrak's Department VPs and Senior Directors
• Development, Implementation and Management of Scheduling and Risk Management Governance, Protocol and Standards at Enterprise level across Amtrak organization. (Engineering, Mechanical, IT, Operations and Administration departments)
• Scheduling and Risk Manager for Acela 2021 Program (Amtrak's New High-Speed Trainsets)
• Scheduling and Risk Management support for PTC (Positive Train Control) project, ADA Implementation project, Facilities Re-Construction project (Washington DC, New York and Boston Yards), Re-Fleeting of current Locomotives program
• Conducting training classes in Risk Management and Scheduling and schedule development using Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 for AMTRAK PMs. Performing Schedule Integrity check (DCMA 14 points) and Risk Analysis on high priority schedules.
• Mentoring and coaching Amtrak's EPMO Staff
- Senior Project Controls Manager at AMTRAK
- Lead Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Senior Project Analyst, FAA-IMS NextGen Contract at OST, Inc
- Consultant at Mirant Corporation
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering