Global Engineering Solutions – Project Electrical Engineer
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is an engineering, program management, and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering. Our business is about people. The people we work with, the people we serve, and the people who live and work in the facilities we design and help to build. As such, we are always on the lookout for good people who share our love of engineering and construction management and our vision for technical leadership. We recognize the contribution that each individual makes to our success. In turn we strive to provide a stimulating work environment that fosters innovation, creativity and teamwork. We also provide in-house training and professional development programs to help you reach your full potential. This is just one of the many reasons we were selected as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and one of the Best Engineering firms to work for in the Country by Zweig.
We are looking for a highly motivated Project Electrical Engineer to be part of our firm. As the Project Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing the electrical systems of a given project based on scope of work and/or client RFPs.
- Providing engineering design, evaluation, planning and construction administration of power, lighting and fire alarm systems for healthcare, science and technology, education and commercial projects.
- Preparing overcurrent protection coordination and short circuit calculations to select and determine AIC ratings of equipment.
- Preparing voltage drop calculations.
- Developing reports/studies.
- Writing/editing project specifications.
- Conducting existing building surveys and documentations of existing electrical and fire alarm systems.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office.
- LEED certification/experience is a plus. PE/EIT is preferred.
- Experience with laboratories/medical facilities design is preferred.
- Familiarity with codes, standards and design guidelines.
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills, combined with organizational skills, the ability to plan, balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to lead a team as well as work as part of a team.
About Global Engineering Solutions
Global Engineering Solutions, Inc. (GES) is an engineering, program management and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection (MEP+FP). Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, GES is recognized as a leader in the design or construction management of technologically complex and highly sensitive facilities for government, healthcare, corporate, and education clients. In recent years GES has provided services for government clients such as NIH, GSA, NASA, NIST, Naval Research Lab, USACE, USDA, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Global Engineering Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.