Job Summary: Project Managers are responsible for leadership and coordination of ACH projects to include, planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. A primary component of this role involves the exercise of independent judgement and discretion related to ACH Shape Projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Direct and manage projects from inception through completion, including but not limited to the following critical areas for all new ACH Shape projects:
o Takes the lead role in the feasibility review and is responsible for making recommendations to customers related to part design.
o Develops the quoting parameters and communicates these parameters to inside sales for building quotes.
o Provides a high degree of influence in the tooling layout, design and set up.
o Establishes timelines for tool Implementation and project launches.
· Direct, plan, and establish project budgets and implementation timeliness that support business goals in collaboration with production, sales and customers.
· Independently examines, reviews and approves documents such as part specifications, purchase orders, and CAD Drawings.
· Has sole responsibility for assigning, scheduling, training, reviewing, and monitoring project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget.
· Maintains effective communication and working relationships with customers, suppliers, and project team members.
o Maintain lists, timelines and other project related documents to create visibility and structure.
o Responsible for working with the sales team and/or directly with the customer to quote tooling for new or existing EPS shape parts in a timely manner.
o Effectively communicate project expectations and timelines to team members.
o Direct project activities to ensure project meets all quality standard.
· Understand ACH production capabilities and capacities, as needed.
· As appropriate, ensures tools are fabricated, installed, and performance tested to meet all quality standards.
o Provide specifications and direction to tool suppliers to develop a tool that is customized to meet all production requirements.
· Works within and follows established ACH systems for Quality and Safety.
· Must help drive the culture for Best in Class Safety
· Maintain the ability to drive for business purposes, including annual satisfactory DMV report, proof of insurance, valid driver license, and signature of statement related to notification to company of any changes related to driver record and insurance coverage
· Performs other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to lead and work closely with project team members.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
· Strong management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
· Strong attention to detail and advanced analytical skills.
· Exceptional communication, leadership & interpersonal skills.
· At least a two year technical degree in Process Engineering, Project Management, or similar.
· Proficient skills in using Excel, Word, CAD Program (SolidWorks or Similar Programs)
· Experience in EPS manufacturing and/or tooling industries preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to build and maintain a strong working relationships with vendors, customers, and production team members.
· Must be fluent in the English language, both written and spoken.
· General Safety and Quality System Awareness
· In depth EPS processing and EPS tooling
· Additional training requirements as assigned by Supervisor
· Moderate physical effort may be required including sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, climbing steps or ladders, grasping, fine and course manipulation, reaching both forward and above head level, and tolerant of temperature changes for the entire shift.
· Must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 50 pounds; and safely operate machinery, as needed.