Feldware is a leading manufacturer of metal pans for the cosmetic industry. We have been in business for 60 years and have recently moved to Rahway NJ. Feldware obtained its ISO 9001:2015 certification in October, 2018.
We are seeking an organized, experienced quality engineer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will work to improve existing procedures and processes within our system and collaborate with team members to build new quality controls, tests, and verifications. You should have sound experience establishing and testing parameters, a history of participating in peer reviews and the ability to design and implement control systems for quality assurance.
Quality Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- lead and participate in creative problem solving to improve products and processes
- provide feedback to leadership on quality performance and lead/participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure quality controls are set
- Monitor metal stamping activities
- Help implement ERP system utilizing real time shop floor data
- Review and confirm company deliverables
- Track and review corrective and preventive actions
- Design control systems to apply to existing programs
- Review designs, changes, and plans of specifications and processes
- Perform verifications and tests according to process
- Ensure project and processes meet all requirements and reliability standards
- Work with product managers, developers, and operations teams to prioritize tasks and workflow
- Collaborate with team to identify and implement process improvements
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Experience with applicable quality tools such as FMEA, SPC, DOE and analysis tools such as: histograms, pareto, process mapping, cause and effect diagrams, & Six Sigma methodology;
- Quality Engineer certification (CQE), Six Sigma Green or Brown Belt or similar quality certification;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 quality management systems