Department of Veterans Affairs
Supervisor: Hope Rader
• Identify issues, gather information as needed or as requested, regarding various problems and recommend solutions to supervisor.
• Acts as a liaison between veterans and medical or administrative staff to resolve conflicts.
• Ensure proper utilization of work in an efficient manner.
• Coordinate with community providers or other departments to schedule patients as needed.
• Manage scheduling and rescheduling of patient's appointments.
• Review and manage Electronic Wait List (EWL), Recall List and Audio care.
• Resolve daily workplace issues by communicating with veterans, nursing and provider staff in order to achieve understanding and resolution.
• Ensure appointment encounters are marked accordingly in order to obtain proper workload credit.
• Possess advanced knowledge of medical terminology, in order to assist physicians and or other medical staff.
• Perform basic eligibility review to determine access to medical care.
• Advance knowledge of policies and procedures to improve patient flow and patient care.
- Advanced Medical Support Assistant at Department of Veterans Affairs
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Duties included but not limited to fed residents, escorted residents to and from activities, assisted residents during activities within the facility as well as in the community, assisted staff in program preparation, and daily interaction.
- Recreational Therapist Assistant at DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Biotechnology
- High School Diploma
Assist in office management and organization procedures. Maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible. Maintenance of claims folders and files, insures all pertinent records and documents are filed chronologically. Sort, shred, stamp and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail. Record, and proofread data and other information, such as personal veteran records or reports. Research utilizing various operating systems to resolve recurrent problems. Train new Work-Study personnel with department procedures. Review a variety of records for suitability and personnel security purposes with departmental policies and procedures.
- DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS- St. Louis, MO Work-Study Agreement Student Services at DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - English as Second Languages
- Bachelor Degree - International Trade
• Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating request.
• Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
• Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, payments, invoicing or cancellations.
• Perform buying duties
• Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries to resolve shortages or missed or late deliveries and other problems
• Created purchase orders
• Maintained computer and physical filing system
• Accuracy in data entry
• Met challenging quotas for productivity and accuracy of work
• Work within rules and regulations set by Federal Acquisition Regulations and Agency Regulations for contracting
• Assist employees assigned to the area in identifying classes required for purchasing certifications, and on maintaining learning points to keep certification up to date as required by agency policy.
- Purchasing Specialist at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Customer Service at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Salesperson at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Sales Associate at Department of Veterans Affairs
33 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Purchase items that Veterans need in order to attend school and be successful in completing their degrees. Purchase items for Veterans to use in their daily living to assist with tasks they need to perform. Answers phone and assists Veterans with upcoming appointment information or with questions regarding the vocational rehabilitation program. Follow regulations in safeguarding privacy information. Held security clearance.
- Purchasing Agent at Department of Veterans Affairs
24 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - general studies
- High school or equivalent - general studies
Ability to collaborate,communicate,set priorities and organize the work to ensure processes,policies and procedures. Advanced knowledge of technical health care process as it relates to access to care. Provides appointment management. Manages all faxes, copying and mail. Updates patients demographics and insurance. Enters VISN 12 messages to the team.
- Advanced Medical Support Assistant at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Advanced Medical Support Assistant at
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Certified Nursing Assistant
- High school - Basic
- Some college
• Engaged in a successful pilot for a new agency of revenue utilization facilitating peer reviews, which resulted in improved patient experience and outcomes, interdisciplinary collaboration, and an increase in revenue attainment/recapture which has been modeled by other sites.
• Utilizes the nursing process to conduct clinicals reviews for pre-certification of admission, continued stay and discharge review to obtain approval from Third Party Payers (TPP)
• Utilizes Electronic Medical Records (EMR) to extract clinical and non-clinical data for determination of scheduled/non-scheduled encounters related to Service Connection (SC) and Special Authorities (SA) designation for continuity of care
• Research and utilize CPT and ICD-10-CM codes and procedures
• Properly document and submit medical records utilizing HIPAA protocol.
• Collaborate with nurses, physicians, social services, intra and interdisciplinary team members for improved patient outcomes and facility revenue capture through education and instruction
• Conducts focused reviews requiring clinical input for sensitive diagnosis and special content issues including Worker's Compensation and Tort claims
• Conducts clinical appeals either oral or written as required to overturn denials and increase organizational reimbursement
• Tracks trends and analyzes facility and government data for reporting and performance improvement opportunities by utilizing protocols according to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Revenue Utilization Review Registered Nurse Consultant at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Registered Nurse Care Manager at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Registered Nurse at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Licensed Practical Nurse at Department of Veterans Affairs
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate - Applied Science in Nursing
and "Family Dollar Store, General Manager, 1998 - 2000." If this is an error, please correct it.
- Food Service Manager at Department of Veterans Affairs
13 years, 3 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA - education
•Serve as a Contract Specialist for the Department of Veterans Affairs, in the supply team conducting solicitation analysis, negotiation, awarding and administration of groups of contracts, such as definite quantity, indefinite quantity, indefinite delivery, multi-year, option year, direct vendor supply, and Federal Supply Schedules.
•Prepare and manage range of contracts which includes: Construction, supply and A&E contracts, devising acquisition strategy, draft and finalizing Statement of Work (SOW), sole-sources determinations, Request for Proposals, Quotes preparation, Blanket Purchase Agreements, GSAS schedule Buys and reviewing offers upon receipt from contractors, determining competitive range, and cost and price analysis, negotiation, risk assessment, source selection.
•Assigned to the Service Area West to handle purchase request, modifications, and contracts for the assigned construction contracts.
•Have worked with Contracting Officers on purchase order and contracts totaling over $8.5million to qualified vendors.
•Ensuring that received proposal conforms to the solicitation request.
•Conduct pre-proposal and bid conference(s) to arrive at a clear understanding of what is required under the proposed contract. Serves as adviser to program officials in procurement planning.
•Issues necessary amendments to clarify questions concerning such topics as specification changes, language ambiguities, or clarification of contact clauses.
•Conduct market research and assembling supporting documentation to resolution and making quality recommendation.
•Recommend contract award to contracting officer, issues contractual modifications, incorporation of changes, exercise of options and contract closeout.
•Gained knowledge and hands-on experience of pre-award and post-award procedures, also in conducting procurement processes from the development of a concept of a requirement, through contract delivery.
•Developed a foundation of basic knowledge and experience in the field of acquisition.
•Participated in a combination of activities and training, and gained knowledge of commonly used contracting methods and contract types relating to the performance of the contract process.
•Obtained an understanding of the similarities and differences between private and public sector acquisitions.
•Increased skills understanding to achieve excellent customer service, success in a teaming environment, and techniques for problem solving as it pertains to acquisitions.
•Attended an introductory ECMS class gaining entry level knowledge about the way the contract data is entered.
•Successfully completed FAR Overview course gaining basic understanding of the federal acquisition environment, including the structure of the federal government, identifying the basic principles of federal government contracting and using the FAR and VAAR to locate, cite, and interpret specific information.
•Identified policies and procedures utilizing the FAR for acquisition planning.
•Assisted others in understanding assignments work by leading and being part of team groups and sessions, and providing peers with one on one assistance.
•Defined unauthorized commitments; discussed the causes, consequences, and prevention as well as the ratification process.
•Engaged in activities associated with preparing for award of the contract, verification of funding, required vendor notifications, contract administration, and contract closeout.
•Provided and overview of the many complexities of procurement while providing support to our Veterans and their Dependents.
•Discussed the evaluation of proposals received in response to solicitation; topics included technical evaluation, past performance evaluation, cost/price analysis, and negotiations.
•Gained knowledge of the overall procurement process, from procurement planning to the various components of procurement package, including the Integrated Product Team.
•Received training in the areas of the procurement solicitation process and the various activities associated with identifying potential vendor sources and managing the solicitation procedures.
•Achieved a greater understanding of the procurement package in greater detail, and gained experience on various components of the package, such as the Independent Government Cost Estimate, Technical Evaluation Factors; and the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan.
•Effectively utilized E-mail and Instant Messaging on a regular occurrence with supervisors, instructors and peers.
•Engaged in training on how to perform Simplified Acquisition Procedures.
•Attended various leadership, procurement, and ethics presentations required for the Contract Specialist Trainee position.
•Prepared and delivered speeches, reports, and presentations on various business topics related to federal contracting.
•Acquired experience with commonly used contracts used contracts and clauses, methods and pertinent regulatory and guideline material sufficient to perform assignments of an advanced trainee nature for which there are clear precedents.
•Demonstrated the ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
•Performed market research and learned new ways to conduct research both electronically, and manually.
•Gained work experience and training illustration an acquired knowledge of pre-award and post-award procedures to plan and conduct the contracting process from the description of the requirements through contract delivery.
•Trained on different contract types (fixed price, cost reimbursement, time and materials, labor-hour, letter contract, indefinite delivery type, basic agreement) and how to submit recommendations to contract officers and specialists.
•Participated in developing an appropriate solicitation package that meets all requirements of status and regulations; in response to the government’s needs.
•Received formal training regarding higher graded Contract Specialists and Contracting Officers responsibilities in the administration of contracts as well as related actions such as protests, For claims or mistakes, disputes, defaults, terminations, wage determinations, labor matters, contract financing, bankruptcy priorities and allocations of materials, matters relating to the equal opportunity, small business and labor surplus area programs, contractor failure to comply with contract requirements, matters involving suspension or debarment of contractors, and actions involving fraud of suspicion of fraud.
•Trained on the differences between tactical and strategic market research and how to consolidate market research results to develop an acquisition strategy.
•Received module training describing a disciplined seven step process for the acquisition of services, using the requirements roadmap process to define high level objectives and tasks, standards, allowable variations, and method of inspection.
- Contract Specialist at Department of Veterans Affairs
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - business administration
• Reason for a short service
• My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer
• I choose to resign to move back home to care for him.
• Make all patient appointments, file empolyees records and update both pt and employee records. Scan and file all paper work. Manage station.run reports and do sensors.
- Medical Receptionist at Department of Veterans affairs
4 months at this Job