Served as liaison to the US market for all Polyflor Limited products, overseeing the annual growth of sales, importing hundreds of containers from Europe and Asia per annum, processing orders, providing customers with daily order status updates, managing shipping logistics for all US, imported, and exported orders. Position Responsibilities
• Served as sole US-based liaison, tasked with managing the entire US market for Polyflor, LTD products, one of the oldest and largest vinyl flooring distributors in the world.
• Managed a running inventory of a range of vinyl flooring types including homogeneous, heterogeneous, safety, LVT, as well as the appropriate accessories.
• Served as the point of contact for a handful of high profile national account, providing quotes, order status updates, product technical, and maintenance information, etc.
• Created & maintained a thorough Excel spreadsheets to best manage and track the status of 20+ containers on the water at a time.
• Worked directly with the managing director and local/regional sales representatives to switch specifications from competitor's products to ECF products for large-scale opportunities and potential national accounts- many of which were successfully secured.
• Provided both group and one-on-one training sessions for new and existing sales representatives and regional managers.
• Facilitated ASTM & Floor Score testing for dozens of European and Asian-based products for the US market.
• Worked daily with Asia-based manufacturers to replicate competitive products, and drive down costs while maintaining the integrity of the product to secure opportunities.
• Served as sole liaison to UK & Asia based manufacturers and distributors.
• Updated and distributing up-to-date product price lists.
• Served as the technical point person for all Polyflor products for 3.5 years.
• Advised on installation, floor preparation, maintenance, etc.
• Filed all freight & product claims with multiple freight carriers and product manufacturers, when necessary.
- International Logistics Liaison / National Account Manager / Senior Representative at Ecore Commercial Flooring
- Manager at Gusto Organics
- Member Recruiter and Fund Raiser at Greenpeace, Inc
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Musical Theatre
Designer specializing in vase arrangements and hand-tied bouquets for holidays and everyday occasions. Also experienced with wedding work (bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres, centerpieces, ceremony flowers, cake flowers, etc); funeral work (vases, standing baskets, wreaths, casket pillows, etc); and a variety of other event-specific styles. Responsible for HR functions including screening and interviewing potential candidates; orientation, on-boarding, and training of new employees; making weekly schedules and tracking time off requests; and managing employee paperwork and evaluations. Projects: Payment Processing Systems Update (2019) — HR Overhaul (2019) —
Designer specializing in vase arrangements and hand-tied bouquets for holidays and everyday occasions. Also experienced with wedding work (bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres, centerpieces, ceremony flowers, cake flowers, etc); funeral work (vases, standing baskets, wreaths, casket pillows, etc); and a variety of other event-specific styles.
Responsible for HR functions including screening and interviewing potential candidates; orientation, on-boarding, and training of new employees; making weekly schedules and tracking time off requests; and managing employee paperwork and evaluations.
Payment Processing Systems Update (2019) —
HR Overhaul (2019) —
- Floral Designer, Assistant HR Manager at A Whole Bunch Flower Market
- Customer Service at Roche Bros. Supermarket
- Cashier/Customer Service at Barnes & Noble, Inc
- Canvasser at Greenpeace, Inc
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - General Studies
May 2012-Nov. 2012 Duties: Counseling adopters, processing adoptions and donations, money handling, customer service, building rapport with supporters, volunteers, and adopters, preparing vaccination records, answering phones, maintaining community service records, email communication with supporters and potential adopters.
- Adoption Counselor/Offsite Event Coordinator at Nevada Humane Society
- Team Leader at Greenpeace, Inc
- Program/Fiscal Administrator at Step 1, Inc
- Executive Assistant at Step 1, Inc
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Social Work
- Delivery Driver/Warehouse at MARY'S PLACE
- Frontline Canvasser at Greenpeace Inc
- Customer Service Associate III at Hardware & Tools
- Customer Service Associate at
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Philosophy
Systems Administrator focused on supporting VMWare vSphere\ESX and vCloud Director. Responsible for maintaining infrastructure and content for a virtual lab used for Partner Technical Enablement. Also responsible for promoting the lab as a key benefit for Symantec Partners to drive business.
• Design, implement and maintain VMware vSphere infrastructure supporting a large vCloud Director environment.
• Perform overviews of the lab via Webex for Symantec Partners to showcase its business value.
• Monitor, troubleshoot and capacity planning of vSphere environment.
• Provide technical and non-technical support for customers and Partners using the lab.
• Proactively identify and perform hardware and software upgrades.
• Responsible for all aspects of data management, high-availability, and disaster recovery planning and implementation. (Veritas NetBackup administration).
• Evaluate new products and recommends updates and upgrades.
• Maintain user accounts within LDAP (FusionDirectory).
• Coordinate and facilitate supporting tasks for large product workshops globally.
• Responsible for providing statistical lab analysis data to Senior Management.
Systems Administrator focused on supporting VMWare vSphere\ESX and vCloud Director. Responsible for maintaining infrastructure and content for a virtual lab used for Partner Technical Enablement. Also
responsible for promoting the lab as a key benefit for Symantec Partners to drive business.
- Partner Technical Enablement at Symantec
- Senior Systems Engineer at Selco Community Credit Union
- Backup and Recovery Specialist at VERITAS Technologies, LLC
- Inside Systems Engineer at VERITAS Technologies, LLC
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Network Engineering Program
• Open / close store
• Process inventory
• Provide customer service
• Cashiering, knowledge of POS systems and returns
• Create visual displays
• Change floor set
• Assist with fitting rooms
- Key Holder/Sales Associate at Hayden Girls
- Sales Associate at MOOD DESIGNER FABRICS
- Sale Associate/ fabric cutter at Michael Levine Inc
- Frontline Representative at Greenpeace Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Oversees the operations of the Finance Department; supervise, train and motivate the Accounting Assistant and Senior Accountant to achieve timely completion of accounting responsibilities and projects with demanding deadlines
• Review and perform month-end and yearly general ledger closing procedures resolving discrepancies
• Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet and income statements accounts
• Collaborate with the Controller regarding annual external and internal audits preparation from Greenpeace International
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations of main operating, credit card, payroll and subsidiary cash accounts
• Maintain cash books to ensure proper revenue recognition
• Ensure all expense reimbursements processed through payroll are adequately reviewed
• Process payroll and benefits journal entries bi-weekly
• Work with direct reports to establish goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress
• Reconcile the 941 reports to the general ledger on a quarterly basis
• Maintain cash controls and participate in the cash management functions, including banking relationships
• Hired as an Account Manager, based on job knowledge and leadership skills, promoted in 2018 to Assistant Controller
- Assistant Controller at Greenpeace, Inc
- Senior Accountant at designData Systems, Inc
- Senior Accountant at Hebrew Homes of Greater Washington
- Senior Accountant at Food Allergy Research Education (FARE), Tyson Corner, VA
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration - Business Administration
Intake and processed inventory of products, conducted loading docks.
● Front register sales: manned the front register.
● Helped with visual merchandising.
Intake and processed inventory of products, conducted loading docks.
- Stock associate/Sales associate at PotteryBarn
- Canvasser at Greenpeace Inc
- Data entry/PO specialist at Rental Beast
- at SwissBakers
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors Degree - Sandra Michaud
La Vergne, TN
• 2019 - Present JPW Industries, Inc. is the leading global designer, marketer and distributor of branded metal and woodworking equipment and specialty shop tools with US operations in Tennessee and Minnesota; and international operations in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, France, Taiwan and China. Interim Vice President of Human Resources Reporting to the President & CEO, served as interim head of human resources supporting over 200 US based employees and international operations. As an interim member of the senior management team, performed strategic human resources planning with responsibility for the tactical execution of day-to-day HR activities.
• Serve as a critical resource and strategic advisor to executive leadership on matters related to workplace culture and environment, organizational structure, change management initiatives, compensation analyses, total rewards incentives and benefits programs, talent acquisition and development, performance management programs, and succession planning throughout the Company's business units.
• Spearheaded workforce planning initiatives, long and short-term recruitment and retention activities, including the formulation and development of strategies to attract and retain the best-qualified employees.
• Streamlined the process of identifying and sourcing high-quality talent in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Directed the development and implementation of efficient HR transaction processes and systems aligned to the HR strategic goal.
• Evaluated, developed, implemented and modified processes with governance across all internal and external stakeholders.
• Developed and managed an RFP process for the selection and implementation of a new HRMS system.
• Delivered an updated and compliant Employee Handbook.
• Reduced recruiting costs 42% based on a year-over-year period.
- Interim Vice President of Human Resources at JPW Industries, Inc
- Director, Human Resources at Towne Park
- Director, Human Resources at Capital Impact Partners
- National Parent Teacher at National Parent Teacher Association
6 months at this Job
- M.A. - Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- B.A. - Psychology
• I put out my own ads on various websites, I offered computer analysis and repair for anyone interested at $80 an hour, I analyzed, scanned, and cleaned computers and phones usually fixing any issue a client had. Accomplishments
• Helped 100% of my customers, leaving them all satisfied. If i could not fix the issue with a computer I would tell the customer why and what they needed to do to get it fixed, usually with more than one option for them to go about. They were happy to be pay 80 to a lone techie, (myself) instead of paying a big corporation that would have cost $100+ just to send someone out.
- Freelance Computer Analysis/Repair at
- at Greenpeace Inc
- Caretaker/Caregiver at Brightwatch Caregivers
5 months at this Job
- - Sociology