- Direct Care Worker at New York state
1 year at this Job
- Some college
- None - Liberal arts
- Habilitation Specialist 2 at New york state
at this Job
- Bachelor's plus 20 credits
I provide save a secure facility I took pride in my job
- Correctional Officer at New York state
- Cook at Friendlys
5 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
I have over 16 years experience wirking as a Correctional Officer in New York State. I have worked in four different locations: Coxsackie Correctional Facility, Coxsackie, NY; Green Haven Correctional Facility, Stormville, NY; Shawangunk Correctional Facility, Wallkill, NY; and Hale Creek, Johnstown, NY. My career as a Corrections Officer started 7/200 and ended 9/2016. *Supervise inmates in housing units and those segregated for punitive measures,supervise the issuance of clothing and other personal effects to inmates. *Make periodic patrols of quarters and work areas and initiate counts of inmates at regular and irregular intervals. Maintain control and discipline including use of physical restraint and restraining devices, prevent the introduction of contraband into the institution through inmate mail and visitors. Maintain a periodic patrol either inside or outside the institution to ensure the security and integrity of the institution. Monitor, supervise and screen inmate visitor traffic,observe traffic in and around the compound. *Instruct inmates and maintain control in areas such as the inmate food service area, auditorium, etc.Observe for signs of disorder or tension and report such observations to a higher authority. Counsel inmates regarding institutional,domestic or emotional adjustment problems. *Maintain a record of equipment, supplies and other items;maintain and demonstrate proficiency int the use and care of firearms, restraint methods and equipment and emergency measures; maintain knowledge of communication and other electronic equipment; instruct inmates in the proper care and use of institutional equipment. *Maintain master inmate location counts; set up and receive inmate counts and be familiar with the entire operation of the Control Room; initiate and participate in search of inmate recreation areas, work areas, and housing units to prevent the introduction of contraband items. *Maintain proper security of inmates being transported; ensure that all transportation permits are completed accurately and signed by the appropriate authority; institute proper restraints as appropriate for inmates custody classification; check transportation vehicles daily.
- Correctional Officer at New York State
16 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Criminal Justice
During my time at New York State Solar, I was effectively taught how to both comply with the needs of customers as well as improve my social skills. Through this communication based position, I was able to successfully speak with customers and come to an agreement that best suited their needs.
- Solar Agent at New York State Solar
3 months at this Job
- - Architecture
- - Architecture
- - General Education
• Worked for Assemblymembers Charles Lavine (January 2018) and Thomas J. Abinanti (January-June 2018) in a legislative aide capacity that included legislative analysis and professional legislative representation.
• Tracked legislation through Assembly’s Legislative Retrieval System (LRS).
• Attended Assembly legislative committee meetings, and also attended meetings with constituents and lobbying groups, took notes for reference.
• Routinely prepared reports to the Assemblymember on issues at hand.
• Drafted legislation circulation memoranda, legislation sponsorship memoranda, drafts on important issues with the Assemblymember, and other related documents.
- Legislative Aide at New York State Assembly
4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts degree - Public Policy
- Bachelor of Arts degree - History
7. DSA 9 Resume
OPWDD Office of People with Developmental disabilities
- DSA 9 at New york State
at this Job
- Poll Worker at New York state
1 year at this Job
- High school diploma - Computer Engineering Technology
Responsibilities Setting up the parlor for milking. Skills Used Communication.
- Milking Parlor crew member at New York State Fair
2 years at this Job
- High school diploma - Math and English
I am a U.S. Navy Veteran, and served from September 5th, 1989 until September 4th, 1993. On January 7th, 2002 I was hired as a New York State Trooper. I became an investigator on October 19th, 2006. I was promoted to Senior Investigator on September 6th, 2018. I have successfully investigated numerous crimes including but not limited to homicide, rape, identity theft and larceny. I am a trained polygraph examiner and have administered more than 400 examinations. I am a trained crisis negotiator and successfully negotiated a nine and a half hour stand off with an armed subject. I have received numerous accommodations regarding my work performance. During my tenure with the New York State Police I also was a crime scene technician, which required me to process crime scenes for any forensic evidence. I've work with many outside agencies in an effort to bring a case to a successful conclusion. I have conducted surveillance to apprehend dangerous predators. I also have the below listed responsibilities.
1. Supervise junior investigators.
2. Oversee evidence collection, processing, and dispositions.
3. Assist local and county law enforcement agencies that lack the investigative resources needed for major crime investigations.
4. Testify in criminal cases.
5. Administer Polygraph Examinations.
6. Conduct and direct interviews of suspects and victims.
7. Scheduling of junior personnel.
8. Investigation of personnel complaints.
9. Conduct surveillance.
10. Write comprehensive reports.
11. Write performance evaluations.
12. Maintain records in accordance with NYSP rules and regulations, policy, and procedures.
13. Prepare operations plans for search warrants and arrest warrants.
14. Forster relationships with the community.
15. Direct, coordinate and oversee the following investigations:
• Felony crimes
• Violent and serial crimes
• Child abuse
• Sexual exploitation
• Computer and technology-related crime
• Bias-related crimes
• Auto theft
• Consumer product tampering
• Organized crime
• Identity theft
- Senior Investigator at New York State Police
17 years at this Job
- Some College plus work experience - Business