Responsible for designing, installing and maintaining the communications, file sharing and general IT resources used by the organization; ensure internal networks have the capacity to meet business demands; implement security procedures to monitor network usage and security.
• Configured multi-vendor routers, switches, access points, phones and cameras.
• Hard drive encryption by using VeraCrypt, Installing F secure computer protection and Freedome VPN
• Setup surveillance for 20 clients providing real time streaming by implementing UniFi video on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server and installing certificates from Let's Encrypt
• Implemented FreePBX Sangoma Server for 15 clients, centrally managing 75 Grandstream phones for VoIP
• VPN setup, port forwarding, SNMP V2, firewall configuration, Access Control Lists on Ubiquiti devices and Mikrotik router
• Provide 24/7 technical support assistance for after sales services of network solutions.
• Facilitate virtualization and managed virtual machines on VMWare ESXi 6.5, Vultr and Digital Ocean
• Manifest familiarity with open source tools - Nagios & Cacti, monitoring systems - Meraki, UNMS & Unifi Cloud Controller, hardware troubleshooting, tracking, resolution, and routine maintenance with security updates
• Exhibit strong technical aptitude and ability to research, learn new technologies, and solve complex issues independently
• Provide phone, email and in-person onsite support to beneficiaries; porting numbers, VoIP/SIP services, ring group, Phone tree, Time conditions, personal voicemail recording, phone control through User control panel, outbound number, inbound number etc.
• Facilitate daily administration and maintenance of server and cloud-based applications as well as successful implementation of assigned projects relating to server operating systems and hardware.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Network and Systems Engineer at The Radix Group, LLC
- Network Support Technician at UMKC Bloch School of Management
- Desktop Support at UMKC Institute of Human Development
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- - Electronics & Telecommunications
Provided on-site engineering and technical support to network systems. Deliver reliable services to include network, systems, cloud, security, VoIP, surveillance, virtualization. Leveraged expertise in Planning networks for new clients and installations of Access Points (UAP - AC Lite/ AC HD), Cameras (UniFi: G3-Dome/ G3-PRO/ G3-FLEX), Voltage Drops, Rack/Network Cage Setup. Created and documented standard operating procedures for deploying, securing, and maintaining a high volume remotely accessed Linux server. * Spearheaded the configuration of multi-vendor routers and switches (EdgeRouter - X/SFP/Lite/POE/Infinity; Switches: US 16 XG, US-48-500W; Netgear - JGS516PE; Cisco - 4500). * Design Network, enable port forwarding, harden firewall rules, and configure Private VLAN for 300 community members on Cisco Meraki - MX100, Mikrotik, Brocade, Cisco Catalyst 4500. * Built Virtual Machines on VMware ESXi 6.5 and set up storage and data back up from 15 remote Linux servers using rsync. * Provide VoIP solutions to 20 clients using FreePBX and centrally managing individual Grandstream phones - GXP2170. * Monitor the network using SNMP v2, Nagios - NRPE and Cacti for parameters like current load, current users, disk boot partitions, HTTP, Memory usage, Storage, PING, Primary disk, SSH, Swap Usage, Total Processes.
- NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER at THE RADIX GROUP LLC
- NETWORK ENGINEER INTERN at VERIZON WIRELESS
- IT TECHNICAL ASSISTANT at UMKC INFORMATION SERVICES
- NETWORK ENGINEER at ERICSSON
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Computer Networking
- Bachelor's - Electronics and Telecommunications
- Associate - Electronics